The Wickerman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Anybody here seen The Wickerman? How did you like it? I am going to see it next weekend.Cant wait.looks like a great film with Nicholas Cage in it.Looks like a thriller/murder mystery and looks pretty intense.

bakerboy
Im wating for this movie too. It wasnt released in my country yet, but i hope that it will be released soon. Its a remake of a famous terror and mistery british film from the 60s starring Christopher Lee, what is a great, great film. I hope that this remake is going to be good too.

masterkit
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t419886.html

Mr Parker
damn I met to post this on my thread not his which was-well there is only one response to that thread he made and the thread wasnt very intelligent in the first place.Mine was a lot better and more well thought out.

Mr Parker
so anybody here seen it?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bakerboy
Im wating for this movie too. It wasnt released in my country yet, but i hope that it will be released soon. Its a remake of a famous terror and mistery british film from the 60s starring Christopher Lee, what is a great, great film. I hope that this remake is going to be good too.

Hmm,I didnt know there was another version of it that Christopher Lee was in.I'll have to rent that version.

masterkit
Originally posted by masterkit
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t419886.html

w/e it was here first stick out tongue

it would be much better merged

but yes this thread is better...but it was there first...

Myth
Original was boring. Don't ever plan on seeing the remake to a movie I hated.

ADarksideJedi
I had not seened it and I don't think I will.
I do not like horror mo vies but I do like Nicholas Cage he is a really good actor.I do hope you guys enjoy it never the less.jm

Mr Parker
Im not much of a horror fan myself but it looks good from the previews.

fantasygirl
I'll probably watch it when it's out on DVD or something.

Myth
If it is anything like the first, it really isn't a horror movie anyway. Just a mystery.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Myth
Original was boring. Don't ever plan on seeing the remake to a movie I hated.

joseprendes
I loved the original. Don't know about this one, though.

-Jose

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Im not much of a horror fan myself but it looks good from the previews.

Normanly it does but the movie sucks because the parts in the previews are not in the actly movie.jm sad

Mr Parker
actually you should see it jackie because like Myth said,its not a horror film anyways which is why you said you didnt want to see it,just a mystery.thats the impression I had of it as well that it was a mystery.

Mr Parker
Man I am so pissed.I went to the theaters to see this movie and after watching just 10 minutes of what looked like a great movie,the fire alarms went off and we had to evacuate and when I got back to the theater and waited for 20 minutes for them to start it again,they nevwer did so i finally got fed up and demanded a refund.I have never experienced that at a movie before.Like I said what really pissed me off most about it was the movie looked really great from the first 10 minutes and I was just getting into it at that time. mad Now I will have to wait till next weekend to see it. mad

vintageSW77
I admit to laughing when i saw the Nic Cage Wickerman trailer..starts off the typical Hollywood BIG explosion...i must have missed that bit in the subtle atmospheric SUPERIOR original.
Is there a thread for pointless remakes???

SUPERSOLDIER
Man I am so pissed.I went to the theaters to see this movie and after watching just 10 minutes of what looked like a great movie,the fire alarms went off and we had to evacuate and when I got back to the theater and waited for 20 minutes for them to start it again,they nevwer did so i finally got fed up and demanded a refund.I have never experienced that at a movie before.Like I said what really pissed me off most about it was the movie looked really great from the first 10 minutes and I was just getting into it at that time. mad Now I will have to wait till next weekend to see it. mad

Thats what you get for talking about my post.

Darth_Erebus
I saw it. A complete waste of 2 hours

Mr Parker
well I am going to see it today to make up for the disastrous experience I had last weekend.I will post my review of it tomorrow.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
I saw it. A complete waste of 2 hours

I am afraid I have to agree with you.well I saw the movie yesterday and here is my review of it.This movie is just plain horrible and a let down.It made no sense why they kept showing flashbacks of him with that girl or why they had that scene in there in the first place.It had nothing to do with the story.It all started off very promising and exciting with that in all and I loved the scenery and everything from the beginning but the way the whole movie ended was just stupid and dissapointing.Why make a movie like that if your going to end the movie the way they did? that was just plain idiotic.It could have had a MUCH better and more satisfying ending to it.Like when he called the police station and tried talking to someone through his cellular phone,when he could not reach that person at that point then they should have wrote it so that the police came by and rescued him at the end explaining to him that when he tried to call them and was cut off and they never heard back from him again,that they got concerned about him and decided to come for him.That would have been a much more satisfying ending to the movie and it would have been enjoyable that way.man who was the moronic screenwriter for this movie? mad I give it one star out of a possible four.easliy the worst movie of the year I have seen. mad

bakerboy
I dont know about this remake because i haven seen it yet, but the original was very good. A intelligent suspense and horror movie with the 60s hammer style starring christopher lee in one of his best movie roles. The atmosphere was good, the story entertaining and the actors were excellent.

If this remake is so bad as you all say, the whole idea of making a bad remake of a great movie is pretty stupid and unnesseary.

Mr Parker
I dont see how you could have even liked the original bakerboy because as Vintage said,the main character dies at the end and that was the main thing that pissed me off so much about this movie was the main character dying at the end.I dont mind movies where the main character dies at the end,like in that other nicholas cage movie he was in about world war two but this one pissed me off because no justice was done.They kill him off and the people that kill him get away with it scott free. mad according to vintage thats how the original ended so how can that one be any better?

vintageSW77
I always sided with the villagers .....Sgt Howie is an annoying uptight bible basher and DESERVED IT!!!!
I dont know what Cages portayal of Howie is like as i intend never to watch the remake just as i wont watch the remake of THE OMEN.

This movie remake was DOOMED from the start as are the majority .
When someone as gifted as Tim Burton can F**K up Planet Of The Apes(15 years i waited and look at the dog t*rd that was)you know its time to leave well alone ......and theres more to come
Evil Dead and Halloween to name two...everyones banging on about how Rob Zombie is directing Halloween but he should be bringing us the new stuff not remaking that!...mind you House of a 1000 corpses is just another variation on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre so i guess this aint going to be a stretch for him....i just wonder how hes going to manage to get a shot of Sheri Mooons ass in there.
The only good remake i can think of is DAWN OF THE DEAD...but its a remake in as mutch the fact it includes
a)Zombies
b)a shopping mall

bakerboy
I dont see how you could have even liked the original bakerboy because as Vintage said,the main character dies at the end and that was the main thing that pissed me off so much about this movie was the main character dying at the end.I dont mind movies where the main character dies at the end,like in that other nicholas cage movie he was in about world war two but this one pissed me off because no justice was done.They kill him off and the people that kill him get away with it scott free. mad according to vintage thats how the original ended so how can that one be any better?

And i dont see how you dont like a movie only because the main character dies at the end. Many great movies have the main character dieing at the end or even at the start. In citizen kane , charles foster kane dies at the first scene. In the elephant man, the main character dies at the end. I dont see the problem with that, if the story is good and well developed, and the characters are attractive and well played by the actors.

bakerboy
Two examples more: janet leight dieing at the mid of the movie in psycho, kim novak dieng twice in vertigo. Both masterpieces.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bakerboy
And i dont see how you dont like a movie only because the main character dies at the end. Many great movies have the main character dieing at the end or even at the start. In citizen kane , charles foster kane dies at the first scene. In the elephant man, the main character dies at the end. I dont see the problem with that, if the story is good and well developed, and the characters are attractive and well played by the actors.

Like I said,I dont mind movies where the main character dies at the end.As I just said,I really enjoyed that other Nicholas Cage movie about world war two that he was in where he died at the end.In war people always die so that was acceptable.I also as well enjoyed Psycho and didnt mind it at all when Janet leigh died at the end.with janet leigh dying,it was no big deal because she was killed by ONE person,where in the new wickerman movie,Cages character dies by getting killed by NUMEROUS people and those people get away with it scott free and no justice is done.Theres a difference there.Im okay with one killer killing the main character,.Im just not okay with a mass number of people killing someone and getting away with it scott free.so that ruined the whole movie for me.as you can tell from the other responses to this thread others here didnt even like the original either so it must have bothered them as well.I mean they both end dissapointingly obviously.well since the first one didnt bother you with him dying that way,YOU might like the new wickerman movie and when it comes out in your country,you'll have to come back here and post YOUR review of it and what you thought of it. Never have seen vertigo with kim novak so I cant comment on that one.will have to see that one sometime.same with elephant man,didnt mind him dying at all because it was best for him to go that way.

btw,I will be seeing ole saint nick again next weekend big grin because i will finally be seeing world trade center.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by vintageSW77
I always sided with the villagers .....Sgt Howie is an annoying uptight bible basher and DESERVED IT!!!!
I dont know what Cages portayal of Howie is like as i intend never to watch the remake just as i wont watch the remake of THE OMEN.

This movie remake was DOOMED from the start as are the majority .
When someone as gifted as Tim Burton can F**K up Planet Of The Apes(15 years i waited and look at the dog t*rd that was)you know its time to leave well alone ......and theres more to come
Evil Dead and Halloween to name two...everyones banging on about how Rob Zombie is directing Halloween but he should be bringing us the new stuff not remaking that!...mind you House of a 1000 corpses is just another variation on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre so i guess this aint going to be a stretch for him....i just wonder how hes going to manage to get a shot of Sheri Mooons ass in there.
The only good remake i can think of is DAWN OF THE DEAD...but its a remake in as mutch the fact it includes
a)Zombies
b)a shopping mall

Well in this new version,Cage doesnt play him as an annoying uptight bible basher.He was someone you could sympathise for and care about.He was a very concerned person and thats what pissed me off so much about it because he DIDNT deserve it.I think i will check out the original just for grins and if his character is annoying in that film like you say,I probably wont care.Yeah everytime tim burton gets his grubby hands on classic material like planet of the apes or batman,he finds ways to butcher to death the source material and not be loyal to it at all.thats why I stayed away from charlie and the chocolate factory after watching how he ruined batman,sleepy hollow and planet of the apes. mad He needs to stay away from classics and do his OWN stuff.when he makes his OWN movies,he cranks out some good ones once in a while-Nightmare before christmas and edward scissorhands are two prime examples.Yeah I hear you on THE OMEN. I refuse to see the remake of that.you just cant top a classic like that one was.

and as far as the halloween movies go,man hollywood has gone way overboard on those.They should have just ended the whole thing with H20.that would have been the appropriate way to end the whole thing,but nooooooooo. mad I am wondering if the producers of the halloween movies are thinking they need to make at LEAST 11 of them because hollywood made 11 friday the 13th movies before they FINALLY stopped making more. roll eyes (sarcastic) maybe thats what their thinking is that they dont want to be outdoone by friday the 13th so they wont stop till they make at least 11 as well so they are not outdone by them.who knows what their thinking is. roll eyes (sarcastic) but the way things are going,that seems to be the case to not be outdone by friday the 13th so looks like after the new halloween movie comes out next year,we will be in for at LEAST two more after that. laughing

vintageSW77
Sleepy Hollow and 75% of the Burton Batman flicks RULE and you should check out Charlie too as well as the original WICKERMAN
i picked it up for £2.99 and its always on TV....u may find it a bit slow and different to the remake but i think its worth a watch.

Mr Parker
disagree on sleepy hollow.No I just cant bring myself to watch charlie after what Burton did with sleepy hollow and batman.Burton is a real pervert.He seems to have a thing for doing movies that are violent.

bakerboy
Like I said,I dont mind movies where the main character dies at the end.As I just said,I really enjoyed that other Nicholas Cage movie about world war two that he was in where he died at the end.In war people always die so that was acceptable.I also as well enjoyed Psycho and didnt mind it at all when Janet leigh died at the end.with janet leigh dying,it was no big deal because she was killed by ONE person,where in the new wickerman movie,Cages character dies by getting killed by NUMEROUS people and those people get away with it scott free and no justice is done.Theres a difference there.Im okay with one killer killing the main character,.Im just not okay with a mass number of people killing someone and getting away with it scott free.so that ruined the whole movie for me.as you can tell from the other responses to this thread others here didnt even like the original either so it must have bothered them as well.I mean they both end dissapointingly obviously.well since the first one didnt bother you with him dying that way,YOU might like the new wickerman movie and when it comes out in your country,you'll have to come back here and post YOUR review of it and what you thought of it. Never have seen vertigo with kim novak so I cant comment on that one.will have to see that one sometime.same with elephant man,didnt mind him dying at all because it was best for him to go that way.

btw,I will be seeing ole saint nick again next weekend big grin because i will finally be seeing world trade center.

Well, its an issue of different points of view. You disliked several people killing one person, i dont have a problem with that. The only thing that bothers me its that some things about the tone of the original have been changed and the christopher lee character is now a female character played by the great ellen burstyn. I have read it in some reviews of the movie. But yes, when the movie will be released in my country( in two weeks), i will coment it here, but im not sure if i will like this movie so much as i liked the original, i have many doubts about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.