What Norrington wanted most

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sccch
In DMC,we learned that Jack's compass 'points to the thing you want most in this world.'
In the 1st movie,Norrington opens Jack's compass,and it was pointed at Jack.

Do you really think that catching pirates was the thing he wanted most in the WORLD?

The compass didn't spin or anything. Which is odd because I thought it would move between Jack and Lizz. Which is between catching pirates or love.Sad,he mainly cared about catching pirates than Elizabth.

willofthewisp
Yeah, it is weird and slightly sad that it pointed at Jack. But, one could say that justice is what he wants most. In his mind, all pirates are bad and just make the world dangerous and injust for law-abiding people, which is mostly true. So you could say what he wants most in the world is for it to be a safe, fair place, which isn't pathetic.

-savvychick-
in the first movie they didnt have the compass pointing to what you wanted most, so i dont think that it was jack that he wanted most

diddly-dum
Well in CotBP the compass was supposed to point to the treasure,.. or was it pointing to the Pearl all along????

sccch
It was pointing towards the Pearl I beleive.

katelovespirate
i think the compass takes a few seconds to work. Norri just popped it open for like one second... it didnt have time to switch from what Jack wanted to what Norri wanted.

diddly-dum
So that means at that moment the Pearl was "behind" Jack,... But in the movie it shows up infont of where Jack stood,...

sccch
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i think the compass takes a few seconds to work. Norri just popped it open for like one second... it didnt have time to switch from what Jack wanted to what Norri wanted.

He fliped it open and said with it still open, 'A compass that doesn't point north.'
He was holding it in his hand and moving it a little,and while he said that,the camera stayed on the compass and when he moved the compass slightly,it would point back at Jack.

willofthewisp
I still think it's my justice theory. The man is a firm believer in do good, good things should happen to you. Do bad, bad things should happen to you. That's why he's so desperate for his job back. He can't do good as a pirate! Not in his mind anyway. I don't think he sees taking the heart back to the EITC as wrong. I don't think he's figured out they're bad yet.
I think the compass instantly works. Notice how quickly it works when it's placed in Liz's hands. Norrington holds it for at least that same amount of time.

diddly-dum
true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.