Captain America Vs. Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
People say Gambit beats DD... how does he do against Captain America!

xmarksthespot
No one beats Captain America. "He's Captain America."

rotiart
smile Thats what i'd say, but so many thought that DD couldn't get close to Gambit.. and supposedly gambits already beaten DD... so how would he do againt a similar.. if better opponent

braz
Captain America, that shield saves his ayss

Metalmanx
Gambit. Rather easily, too.

StyleTime
Been done twice, but I only found this one.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400749& amp;highlight=Gambit+vs+Captain+America+forumid%3A

Gambit wins though. Also, Daredevil beats Captain America. Daredevil has a better chance against Gambit and he still looses.

And rotiart, xmarksthespot was joking.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Gambit. Rather easily, too.

Bah, Bullcrap.

Cap beats the crap out of this loser and throws him in the garbage where he belongs cool

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Grimm22
Bah, Bullcrap.

Cap beats the crap out of this loser and throws him in the garbage where he belongs cool

Alright. Tell me how Cap wins. Seriously. You tell me, and then I'll tell you how you're wrong since Gambit wins.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by StyleTime
And rotiart, xmarksthespot was joking. Nice that less-than-subtle sarcasm isn't lost on everyone.

Big Sexy
Bah, Bullcrap.

Cap beats the crap out of this loser and throws him in the garbage where he belongs cool They both stop fighting, find thing and brutally beat his rocky @ss.

thedude1948
Cap deflects everything Gambit throws at him, and when he gets close to him it's over for Gambit.

StyleTime
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Nice that less-than-subtle sarcasm isn't lost on everyone.
lmao. laughing

Metalmanx
Originally posted by thedude1948
Cap deflects everything Gambit throws at him, and when he gets close to him it's over for Gambit.

Too bad he can't deflect attacks from all directions at once.

Gambit throws explosives all around Cap. Cap can block only some of the explosions. The rest fry him.

Gambit for the win.

thedude1948
Yes, cap is going to stand there while Gambit throws explosives all around him roll eyes (sarcastic)

manorastroman
you can gambit hate all you want, fact remains that PIS/CIS aside he would beat just about every street leveler from either company.

xmarksthespot
lmao. laughing On further reflection I'm not sure whether less than subtle would make something more subtle or less so. messed In any event the sarcasm was pretty obvious.

Metalmanx
Yes, cap is going to stand there while Gambit throws explosives all around him roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, by all means. Let Cap run around. Just don't forget that Gambit isn't a statue either. wink

In fact, besides strength, durability, and endurance, Gambit has some physical advantages over Cap. For one, he's more agile (superhumanly so). He's faster/quicker (no, not in a sprint, but also superhumanly so). He's probably even more accurate with his projectiles, too.

thedude1948
No, by all means. Let Cap run around. Just don't forget that Gambit isn't a statue either. wink

In fact, besides strength, durability, and endurance, Gambit has some physical advantages over Cap. For one, he's more agile (superhumanly so). He's faster/quicker (no, not in a sprint, but also superhumanly so). He's probably even more accurate with his projectiles, too.

Physically he is not superhuman in anything, he can be close to Peak human but he is not superhuman.

xmarksthespot
Superhuman agility is part of his powers if I recall correctly. He's more nimble.

Metalmanx
Superhuman agility is part of his powers if I recall correctly. He's more nimble.

It is.

thedude1948
It is.

When has it been stated that he has superhuman agility? It says in the handbooks that he only has Near-superhuman agility. I know the handbooks can be wrong but has it ever been stated in the comics that his agility is superhuman?

AcousticDoc
can Gambit charge cap's shield?

xmarksthespot
Charge and cause an explosion. I don't think the shield would actually explode though.

Metalmanx
When has it been stated that he has superhuman agility? It says in the handbooks that he only has Near-superhuman agility. I know the handbooks can be wrong but has it ever been stated in the comics that his agility is superhuman?

Have you ever seen Gambit perform acrobatic feats? That should be enough proof for you.

He's always been able to perform feats that non-superhumans couldn't do.

If you wanna go by handbooks, Cap is only peak human in all aspects. Which means he can only lift up to 800 lbs. wink

Metalmanx
Charge and cause an explosion. I don't think the shield would actually explode though.

That's exactly what I think, too. While there would be an immense explosion, Cap's shield would remain intact.

thedude1948
Have you ever seen Gambit perform acrobatic feats? That should be enough proof for you.

He's always been able to perform feats that non-superhumans couldn't do.

If you wanna go by handbooks, Cap is only peak human in all aspects. Which means he can only lift up to 800 lbs. wink

Im not arguing with Cap's strength, thats what it says. Cap has crazy acrobatic feats also, but he is still peak-human just like Gambit is.

Metalmanx
Im not arguing with Cap's strength, thats what it says. Cap has crazy acrobatic feats also, but he is still peak-human just like Gambit is.

Here's one example:

X-treme X-Men #19. Check it out.

Beast, who is superhumanly fast and superhumanly agile, surprisingly lunged at Gambit. Gambit, with his superhuman agility, was able to evade the attack (which I personally see as quite the insult to Beast, but hey, it happened). You need superhuman agility to avoid a superhumanly agile opponent at such close range (They were just a few feet apart).

thedude1948
So does that mean Cap has superhuman agility too? he can keep up and react with Beast also

http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/5695/captainamerica261p077qy.th.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6889/capvsbeastjpg18zh.th.jpg

Metalmanx
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6889/capvsbeastjpg18zh.th.jpg

...Wow. no expression

Whoever wrote that...has just basically shat on everything I know and love about comics.

That makes absolutely no sense. sad

xmarksthespot
...Wow. no expression

Whoever wrote that...has just basically shat on everything I know and love about comics.

That makes absolutely no sense. sad But wait... there's more...

http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/7598/captainamericav327p097zm.th.jpg

herbwank
^What the writer and artist were clearly doing with Captain America in mind when they made that scene.

Metalmanx
But wait... there's more...

http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/7598/captainamericav327p097zm.th.jpg

herbwank
^What the writer and artist were clearly doing with Captain America in mind when they made that scene.

That statement is the only thing true so far tonight... erm

Daredevil1
I think Gambit is peak in the sense of a man in his prime, although I have heard that his agility is super, not sure for quotes in books though.

Cap took a super-soilder enhancement to create a human at the maximum level. As the good Doctor stated a man unlike the world has never seen before. So even if Gambit being a mutant has it in one aspect of agility. Cap has it in all aspects reflex, speed, strength, intellect etc etc.

Daredevil1
Actually Cap has other senes like that, thanks to his enhanced strength and enhanced skill.

He has also cut off high flying helicopters to put his shield through a thick steel engine of a supply truck. To even used it too intercept Thor's thrown hammer.

Daredevil1
You must not read enough on Cap. Cap has also defeated besides Beast. Scorpion, Tarantula, Man-ape, Ram-Rod, Hyde, USAgent, Mad-Dog and has had the upperhand on Spiderman twice.

Cap has the skill to back up his stats.

StyleTime
On further reflection I'm not sure whether less than subtle would make something more subtle or less so. messed In any event the sarcasm was pretty obvious.
Yeah. I was wondering about that. I got your point though.
Physically he is not superhuman in anything, he can be close to Peak human but he is not superhuman.
Even though he does superhuman things, he isn't superhuman right?
Originally posted by Daredevil1
I think Gambit is peak in the sense of a man in his prime, although I have heard that his agility is super, not sure for quotes in books though.

Cap took a super-soilder enhancement to create a human at the maximum level. As the good Doctor stated a man unlike the world has never seen before. So even if Gambit being a mutant has it in one aspect of agility. Cap has it in all aspects reflex, speed, strength, intellect etc etc.
Better reflexes my ass. I'd love to see Captain deflecting bullets/lasers with a thin staff. Gambit is able to react to the same things Captain does WITHOUT that lame slowmo vision or whatever Captain is using.

Daredevil1
Gambit can do that because he has skill with his staff which is impressive, I agree. Cap has dodged bullets without the aid of his shield and has played in beams/lasers as well though.

Metalmanx
Actually Cap has other senes like that, thanks to his enhanced strength and enhanced skill.

He has also cut off high flying helicopters to put his shield through a thick steel engine of a supply truck. To even used it too intercept Thor's thrown hammer.

Actually, a lot of things he does tend to make some sense. But that? That scene where he throws his shield at a missile that's flying away from him?

BULL. He'd have absolutely no way of reaching that missile. For one, it HAS to be flying at more than several hundred mph. Cap can throw the shield fast, but not that fast. Secondly, he's throwing it up and to a pretty far distance. The shield negates gravity now?

Sigh.

Daredevil1
Probably not. Cap has true superhuman feats. But Marvel's class for him is peak of human perfection. Of course no one holds that title unless you've taken the SSS that Cap has.

Metalmanx
You must not read enough on Cap. Cap has also defeated besides Beast. Scorpion, Tarantula, Man-ape, Ram-Rod, Hyde, USAgent, Mad-Dog and has had the upperhand on Spiderman twice.

Cap has the skill to back up his stats.

No, I've seen plenty of Cap's feats. And for the most part, I agree with them.

Ones I don't agree with?
1. Spider-Man
2. Beast
3. Scorpion

And I'm sure there are plenty more.

Apparently fighting Cap makes one become retarded. erm

-Beast forgets all of his superhuman abilities and training
-Spider-Man becomes a fragile two-year-old
-And Scorpion, well, loses

I'm just sick and tired of his jobber aura.

Metalmanx

Better reflexes my ass. I'd love to see Captain deflecting bullets/lasers with a thin staff. Gambit is able to react to the same things Captain does WITHOUT that lame slowmo vision or whatever Captain is using.

Thank God for people like you. Cap would die trying to deflect bullets with a thin staff the way Gambit does ALL THE TIME.

Gambit's reflexes >>> Cap's.

Metalmanx
Gambit can do that because he has skill with his staff which is impressive, I agree. Cap has dodged bullets without the aid of his shield and has played in beams/lasers as well though.

There's a BIIIIG difference between dodging bullets and reflecting/deflecting them with a very thin staff. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Daredevil1
Its a comic feat. Gambit as you stated has blocked bullets with his staff? That requires mach burst of speeds if you think about it since bullets travel faster then sound. Heck Gambits crazier one's in deflecting beams are even faster, since beams are much faster then bullets.

Also if you look at that Falcon also should be ripping apart wind resistance in all, according to how fast the missile is going. A durability feat???

Bullseye has thrown toothpicks through bullet proof glass? How fast is that?

Shang-Chi has shattered ruby diamonds to dust? Crazy strength feat? It takes hell loads of pressuer to do that to diamonds.

These are all comic book feats, that these characters can do, that of course cannot happen in real life. Its called suspension of disbelief.

Daredevil1
By that logic would Gambit have a jobber aura, Beast vs Gambit Beast forgets all of his superhuman abilities and training.

You don't agree with Beast for Cap? But down here you say

Here you say hay it happened for Gambit so its good.

Now apply that to Cap.

Metalmanx
Its a comic feat. Gambit as you stated has blocked bullets with his staff? That requires mach burst of speeds if you think about it since bullets travel faster then sound. Heck Gambits crazier one's in deflecting beams are even faster, since beams are much faster then bullets.

Also if you look at that Falcon also should be ripping apart wind resistance in all, according to how fast the missile is going. A durability feat???

Bullseye has thrown toothpicks through bullet proof glass? How fast is that?

Shang-Chi has shattered ruby diamonds to dust? Crazy strength feat? It takes hell loads of pressuer to do that to diamonds.

These are all comic book feats, that these characters can do, that of course cannot happen in real life. Its called suspension of disbelief.

You're right. Falcon should've been more damaged from the force of the wind.

Bullseye has perfect aim. He can throw toothpicks with certain speed and accuracy so that they shatter glass. He locates weak spots as easily as people breathe.

Shang-Chi uses the power of chi to perform superhuman feats.

Zahit
Captain America beats Gambit into a bloody mess of gumbo-like substance.

Metalmanx
By that logic would Gambit have a jobber aura, Beast vs Gambit Beast forgets all of his superhuman abilities and training.

You don't agree with Beast for Cap? But down here you say

Here you say hay it happened for Gambit so its good.

Now apply that to Cap.

Actually, I won't lie. Sometimes Gambit does have a jobber aura. However, his is a lot more believable than Cap's.

But really, who doesn't have a jobber aura? Squid Boy, perhaps?

No, I still don't agree with the Gambit evading Beast feat. But he did. And Gambit's been pulling all sorts of crazy superhuman stunts since he began his career.

It probably helps that Gambit can augment his physical attributes using his mutant power.

Cap is peak human to ehanced peak human. Beast should destroy him.

thedude1948

Cap does things that can be considered Superhuman also but he is labelled peak human. Gambit isnt classified by Marvel as having Superhuman agility so the thing he did must have not been superhuman.

Gambit might have better reflexes than Cap by a small margin, but that isnt going to make up for the giant gap in fighting ability, strength, durability.

Cap is peak human to ehanced peak human. Beast should destroy him.

That fight isnt too unbelievable. Beast does have Cap beat physically, but Cap has a shield and is a master battle strategist and fighter.

Metalmanx
Cap does things that can be considered Superhuman also but he is labelled peak human. Gambit isnt classified by Marvel as having Superhuman agility so the thing he did must have not been superhuman.

Gambit might have better reflexes than Cap by a small margin, but that isnt going to make up for the giant gap in fighting ability, strength, durability.

That fight isnt too unbelievable. Beast does have Cap beat physically, but Cap has a shield and is a master battle strategist and fighter.

Gambit can increase his physical attributes via his mutant power. That includes speed, strength, reflexes, agility, etc. That, coupled with his already highly-accomplished martial arts skills, he could take Cap if he fought with any intelligence at all.

Are you serious about the Beast/Cap fight? Beast's reflexes/reaction time are superior to Cap's. He should be able to dodge any blow Cap throws his way and then wreck his world. Beast is also a highly-accomplished figther. Yes, Cap is superior to him in fighting skills, but it's not by miles. Basically Beast is Chuck Norris to Cap's Bruce Lee.

Damn. What happened to you, Hank? People used to love you, respect you...

Grimm22
Beast is cool an all, but Cap is still smarter (fighting wise), more skilled and a hell of a lot tougher.

Plus, Cap is just as agile as Beast

SpunkySmurph
1. This is not a Cap vs. Gambit vs. Beast thread.
2. Beast owns.
3. FINALLY it's mentioned why Gambit is superhumanly agile/reflexive/etc. He augments (heightens) his normally high physical attributes with his kinetic energy. And he's no sluch in the fighting compartment. Added on to that, he fights with a kinetically charged staff, which Cap would be prey to if it hit anything besides his shield.
Basically
Captain america -a small degree of fighting ability + enhanced agilty-related abilitys - kicka** shield + kicka** staff + major destructive abilities + even better aim + 52 potential explosives+ anything he picks up around him = Gambit

thedude1948
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Captain america -a small degree of fighting ability + enhanced agilty-related abilitys - kicka** shield + kicka** staff + major destructive abilities + even better aim + 52 potential explosives+ anything he picks up around him = Gambit

You forgot alot of things such as Caps big strength and durability advantage (and other things), But I stopped taking this post seriously after "-a small degree of fighting ability"..... no expression

jrodslam
Id like to first off say that Best is overrated. His fights in no show show that he should be able to beat Cap or any other highly skilled combatant. Secondly, Gambit loses to Cap as well. Mostly for the same reasons hed lose to Daredevil imo.

Ultraman Baltan
The Cap tears him apart.

StyleTime

The difference is, Gambit just dodged an attack which perfectly in his abilities to do so. Beast is good, but even he wouldn't hit Gambit everytime.

His superhuman agility was actually stated before. I forget where.

True, reflexes alone won't make up for the gap, but that combined with his tremendous ranged advantage will.
Originally posted by jrodslam
Id like to first off say that Best is overrated. His fights in no show show that he should be able to beat Cap or any other highly skilled combatant. Secondly, Gambit loses to Cap as well. Mostly for the same reasons hed lose to Daredevil imo.
Beast is a bit overrated, but Gambit wins both of these. Daredevil has a better than Captain though.
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
The Cap tears him apart.
.....Then wakes up and sees several charged cards around him before blowing up.

Daredevil1
Cap has perfect aim with shield. He can throw his shield with certain speeds and accuracy to go through metal and reach missiles as easily as people breath.

Cap uses the power of the SSS and martial arts to perform superhuman feats.

That logic works the same with Cap if you think about it.

Metalmanx
Beast is a bit overrated

What the f**k?

StyleTime
What the f**k?
Just realized how that came out. I mean the people who know what he is capable of tend to exaggerate his abilities just a tad. Like I said, even Beast wouldn't hit Gambit EVERYtime, so Gambit dodging him isn't really what I'd call PIS. Obviously though, he is underrated as far as popular opinion is concerned.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Metalmanx
Just realized how that came out. I mean the people who know what he is capable of tend to exaggerate his abilities just a tad. Like I said, even Beast wouldn't hit Gambit EVERYtime, so Gambit dodging him isn't really what I'd call PIS. Obviously though, he is underrated as far as popular opinion is concerned.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

S'ok. I understand.

Alfheim

No,no,no,no,no,no. Gambit's agility was lised at 4, Caps agility was at 5. Unless Gambit has an upgrade Cap is faster!

Marvel.com says he has near superhuman reflexes

...Wow. no expression

That makes absolutely no sense. sad

Why does it make no sense. Beast is supposed to have superhuman agility but hes not Quicksilver. Cap maybe listed as peak human but that does not mean he cannot be close to the Beast in agility. Beast himself says that Cap is almost as nimble as he is. Cap and Beast have been put into the same category agility. So what about those scans does not make any sense?

Alfheim
I need to see some more Gambit showings, but from what I can see he could just charge Caps shield and apparently his kinetic powers are stronger. So i think Cap would lose this, but without his powers Gambit is losing.

newyorkcares
Captain america would whip gambit' @$$ faster than you can say"stars and stripes forever."

ExtraMision5555
1. This is not a Cap vs. Gambit vs. Beast thread.
2. Beast owns.
3. FINALLY it's mentioned why Gambit is superhumanly agile/reflexive/etc. He augments (heightens) his normally high physical attributes with his kinetic energy. And he's no sluch in the fighting compartment. Added on to that, he fights with a kinetically charged staff, which Cap would be prey to if it hit anything besides his shield.
Basically

EXACTLY!!! i was wondering why no one brought this up. I think everoynes forgetting that gambit is a MUTANT, cap is an enhanced human. Which is why its not illogical to assume that gambit is infact SUPERHUMANLY augmented in such a way moreso, if even slightly, than Captain america

ExtraMision5555
But on topic, Gambits primary mutant ability gives him an incredible advantage over captain america. Cap is going to be mighty busy running from 12893823 explosions. And dare not cap be touched by gambit (although i wodner what would happen if gambit got THAT close to cap).
Not to mentino gambit can charge things in the enviornment. Gambits kinetic energy is too much for cap to take a majority, but i think cap could pull off a few ko's

Metalmanx
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
But on topic, Gambits primary mutant ability gives him an incredible advantage over captain america. Cap is going to be mighty busy running from 12893823 explosions. And dare not cap be touched by gambit (although i wodner what would happen if gambit got THAT close to cap).
Not to mentino gambit can charge things in the enviornment. Gambits kinetic energy is too much for cap to take a majority, but i think cap could pull off a few ko's

Exactly. Gambit wins 7-8/10.

King KAM
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Not to mentino gambit can charge things in the enviornment. Gambits kinetic energy is too much for cap to take a majority, but i think cap could pull off a few ko's gambit is gonna be to busy trying to get away from a shield that is about to decpitate him at any moment, moving faster than bullets, and then cap will get the drop on em.

cap 9/10

Metalmanx
Originally posted by King KAM
gambit is gonna be to busy trying to get away from a shield that is about to decpitate him at any moment, moving faster than bullets, and then cap will get the drop on em.

cap 9/10

For a guy who can deflect bullets with his THIN staff, I severely doubt Cap's shield is going to pose much of a problem. I see it being batted away pretty quickly as soon as it's thrown. Gambit, on the other hand, has many different attacks at his disposal, the most important being the ability to produce large explosions all around Cap. Even with his shield, he can only block in one direction. The blasts will catch him.

Gambit wins 7-8/10.

King KAM
For a guy who can deflect bullets with his THIN staff, I severely doubt Cap's shield is going to pose much of a problem. I see it being batted away pretty quickly as soon as it's thrown. Gambit, on the other hand, has many different attacks at his disposal, the most important being the ability to produce large explosions all around Cap. Even with his shield, he can only block in one direction. The blasts will catch him.

Gambit wins 7-8/10. he twirls his stick and thats how he blocks the fire, that shield is heavy, and cap is good enough to when he throws it, gambit will have to dodge or deflect it, many many many times, before its over.

capt it up
gambit only has peakhuman dex.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by capt it up

Dex? Dexterity? confused

capt it up
Dex? Dexterity? confused
ya.

to much D and D

King KAM
ya.

to much D and D so that explains it....

capt it up
so that explains it....
explains what?

King KAM
explains what? oh nothing... nothing....

capt it up
oh nothing... nothing....
by the way I read the books lol. I don't play the game

Grimm22

Gambit WISHES he was Peak Human.

He's athletic human at best.

Grimm22
Cap kills Gambit 9/10

manorastroman

no no

Grimm22
So what your saying that Gambit is on DD's level What the f**k?

He smokes for petes sake

manorastroman
read some of gambit's solo books. very nightwing in some of his movements.

StyleTime
Yes....yes he is.

snoopdogg
If Gambit could somehow get Caps shield he could charge it up and toss it at Cap. But getting it would be the hard part.

I'm gonna have to go with Cap on this one.

StyleTime
Originally posted by snoopdogg
If Gambit could somehow get Caps shield he could charge it up and toss it at Cap. But getting it would be the hard part.

I'm gonna have to go with Cap on this one.
Catching Captain's shield wouldn't be easy, which is why Gambit will probably use....his cards.

badabing
Shield Blitz!
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/ca010087zv.jpg

Grimm22
Yes....yes he is.

No chance in hell no expression

Gambit is a piece of crap.

Cap wins

Big Sexy
I say gambit

Grimm22
Catching Captain's shield wouldn't be easy, which is why Gambit will probably use....his cards.

Cards suck no expression

Cap dodges Bullets pretty easily.

Bullets >> Cards

Metalmanx

I know that you hate Gambit, but you can't be this blind to his abilities. He's peak human in some aspects and low-level superhuman in other due to his MUTATION.

Gambit wins 7-8/10.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by badabing
Shield Blitz!
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/ca010087zv.jpg

60 mph isn't all that fast really. erm

ESPECIALLY in the eyes of Gambit.

Metalmanx
Cards suck no expression

Bullets >> Cards

Damn, dude. You're so damn prejudiced against Gambit. sad

And by the way, he doesn't have to actually hit Cap with the cards themselves.

Explosions >> Bullets.

manorastroman
cards that explode>>>>>bullets.

what about the speed feat where gambit drew, charged, and fired a card fifty meters and cut a two millimeter tripwire all in about a half second?

badabing
60 mph isn't all that fast really. erm

ESPECIALLY in the eyes of Gambit.
It was a joke. sad

StyleTime
No chance in hell no expression

Gambit is a piece of crap.

Cap wins
Flawless logic my friend. Also, Gambit showed he was physically equal to Daredevil when they fought.
Cards suck no expression

Bullets >> Cards
Bullets don't explode. Gambit is also accurate to the half-millimeter while at 50 feet or less with a throwing speed faster than thought.

Is your hate for him your only reason for him loosing?

It was a joke. sad
Well, I thought it was funny.

Big Sexy
I know that you hate Gambit, but you can't be this blind to his abilities. He's peak human in some aspects and low-level superhuman in other due to his MUTATION.

Gambit wins 7-8/10. Agreed because no one can possibly be as interesting as the Thing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22

Explosions >> Bullets.

Maybe if he wasnt one of the worst characters ever I wouldnt hate him so much.

Seriously a 4th grader could write a better character no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Agreed because no one can possibly be as interesting as the Thing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Did I say that? No, I didnt

Just because Gambit is a s**tty character dosent mean you have to take your pain out on Ben

Metalmanx
It was a joke. sad

...Oh. My bad, dude. I can't tell sometimes over the internet. stick out tongue

No worries?

King KAM
Cap wins, he can dodge the explosions and the cards, and the whole time gambit has a shield of mass destruction coming at him.

Big Sexy
Did I say that? No, I didnt

Just because Gambit is a s**tty character dosent mean you have to take your pain out on Ben Personally I think Ben sucks. Hes a garbage second stringer but I don't have total disgust everytime I see his name.

Accel

He smokes for petes sake
Smoking never really stopped any one in comics, especially in anime.

Seriously, you can see plenty of chain-smokers who are always in peak physical condition.

Metalmanx
Maybe if he wasnt one of the worst characters ever I wouldnt hate him so much.

Seriously a 4th grader could write a better character no expression

Seriously. What's wrong with him? Give me an accurate portrayal of just exactly what makes him so horrible? I'm terribly curious.

Metalmanx
Cap wins, he can dodge the explosions and the cards, and the whole time gambit has a shield of mass destruction coming at him.

So what you're saying is Cap gets to move around all he likes while Gambit remains as motionless as a statue? What the f**k?

Accel
I'm one of the 4 or 5 people on this entire forum that actually likes Gambit. He was a character I enjoyed playing as in thst Marvel vs Capcom game, and I guess that's what got me interested in him.

King KAM
Seriously. What's wrong with him? Give me an accurate portrayal of just exactly what makes him so horrible? I'm terribly curious. he just is......he just is...

Grimm22
Seriously. What's wrong with him? Give me an accurate portrayal of just exactly what makes him so horrible? I'm terribly curious.

What isnt wrong with him? no expression

Honestly, I cant even describe how much I hate Gambit

StyleTime
You all know what's funny?

Several people think Blade can beat Captain America...but Gambit has already punked Blade and Gambit wasn't serious. Blade, however, was trying to kill Gambit.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Accel
I'm one of the 4 or 5 people on this entire forum that actually likes Gambit. He was a character I enjoyed playing as in thst Marvel vs Capcom game, and I guess that's what got me interested in him. Actually I started liking him from the old 90s cartoon. I hated him in those games because by brother usually kicked my @ss with him

Grimm22
Personally I think Ben sucks. Hes a garbage second stringer but I don't have total disgust everytime I see his name.

Oh really? no expression

Well it seems your taste in characters is as bad as your anger issues laughing

Big Sexy
Oh really? no expression

Well it seems your taste in characters is as bad as your anger issues laughing No he sucks.

Metalmanx
What isnt wrong with him? no expression

Honestly, I cant even describe how much I hate Gambit

Ah. Just what I thought. You have no real reason. You just don't like him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Accel
Actually I started liking him from the old 90s cartoon. I hated him in those games because by brother usually kicked my @ss with him
My brother used to do the same to me with Iron Man and Iceman. big grin

Big Sexy
Oh really? no expression

Well it seems your taste in characters is as bad as your anger issues laughing If you want someone strong to try and help you get hulk. You get thing when Hulks busy.

Big Sexy
My brother used to do the same to me with Iron Man and Iceman. big grin I hated the royal flush combo. Another person he used was Sabertooth and chung-li . He timed it so after a person got hit with a berserker claw special, they couldn't block her energy bubble.

Grimm22
If you want someone strong to try and help you get hulk. You get thing when Hulks busy.

Yes, get the big stupid guy who cant be controlled and shouldnt even be considered a hero roll eyes (sarcastic)

That makes sense

Big Sexy
Yes, get the big stupid guy who cant be controlled and shouldnt even be considered a hero roll eyes (sarcastic)

That makes sense No you get the loser who looks good in the background roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soljer
Gambit is by no means a slouch in any way, shape, or form. This is no curbstomp for Steve, but I think he'd win a majority against Gambit.

And against Daredevil, for that matter.

Accel
I hated the royal flush combo. Another person he used was Sabertooth and chung-li . He timed it so after a person got hit with a berserker claw special, they couldn't block her energy bubble.
Getting the best combo attack was my brother's goal, but then again, I guess that was a lot peoples' goal.

Coincidentally, I guess it was the same game that made us both Iceman fans as well. Gambit and Iceman were our guys when we played X-Men Legends.

King KAM
So what you're saying is Cap gets to move around all he likes while Gambit remains as motionless as a statue? What the f**k? no but gambit will be busy making sure that the shield doesnt hit him in the back of his head, becacuase if he loses focus for less than a second that will happen

Metalmanx
no but gambit will be busy making sure that the shield doesnt hit him in the back of his head, becacuase if he loses focus for less than a second that will happen

God. Gambit isn't a retard. Cap will be the needing to look out for himself. erm

Grimm22
I walk in and kill Gambit with my shovel big grin

I win

xmarksthespot
Personally I think Ben sucks. Hes a garbage second stringer but I don't have total disgust everytime I see his name. I do.

King KAM
God. Gambit isn't a retard. Cap will be the needing to look out for himself. erm yes but what you arent getting is that cap only need to throw the shield once, then he can focus completley on dodging and closing distance, Gambit has to worry bout a very VERY fast cap who is chargin him , and he has to aim at an extremely agile target, along with making sure he doesnt get his in his back.

Big Sexy
Getting the best combo attack was my brother's goal, but then again, I guess that was a lot peoples' goal.

Coincidentally, I guess it was the same game that made us both Iceman fans as well. Gambit and Iceman were our guys when we played X-Men Legends. Gambit but most of all Magneto. My brother can actually recite whole Magneto Phrases from the old X-men cartoon. He loved magneto in both the legends games and the crossover series.

Metalmanx
yes but what you arent getting is that cap only need to throw the shield once, then he can focus completley on dodging and closing distance, Gambit has to worry bout a very VERY fast cap who is chargin him , and he has to aim at an extremely agile target, along with making sure he doesnt get his in his back.

Okay. My suspicions are now confirmed. You think Gambit is a pre-schooler in man's body.

Cap is going to be the one needing to watch out. Gambit will be raining explosions on him. Lemme tell you. Agility is great and all, but you can't necessarily dodge an explosion right next to you. Gambit doesn't need to hit Cap directly, just get his cards near him. And that, my friend, is VERY easy for a guy like Gambit.

Cap throws his shield, Gambit deflects it. Cap charges Gambit, Gambit either hits him with his staff, explodes the ground underneath him, or just unleashes a fury of cards to hit Cap himself.

Gambit has way too many advantages.

Gambit for the win.

King KAM
Gambit but most of all Magneto. My brother can actually recite whole Magneto Phrases from the old X-men cartoon. He loved magneto in both the legends games and the crossover series. my X-men legends Iceman is godly....i do DIRT with that sumbich'

Big Sexy
my X-men legends Iceman is godly....i do DIRT with that sumbich' Yeah he was awesome. In that game Wolverine was useless. He was fine for regular missions but he sucked in boss battles. In X-men legends two It was Phoenix for me because her powers never wasted. Cyclops was great for distance.

King KAM
Yeah he was awesome. In that game Wolverine was useless. He was fine for regular missions but he sucked in boss battles. In X-men legends two It was Phoenix for me because her powers never wasted. Cyclops was great for distance. yeah against bosses its best to have a pure Range team....well atleast it works extremeley well for me and my friends.

Big Sexy
yeah against bosses its best to have a pure Range team....well atleast it works extremeley well for me and my friends. Exactly. Iceman, Cyclops, X-man , and Juggs were often used. We would uses Juggs in X2 to fight the boss from the back while we fired range attack. Once the boss turned their attention on Juggs, he got slaughtered. We had to revive him so many times it wasn't funny. By the end it cost like 8 times more to revive him than everybody else.

King KAM
Exactly. Iceman, Cyclops, X-man , and Juggs were often used. We would uses Juggs in X2 to fight the boss from the back while we fired range attack. Once the boss turned their attention on Juggs, he got slaughtered. We had to revive him so many times it wasn't funny. By the end it cost like 8 times more to revive him than everybody else. lol, we ran Sunfire, Iceman,and Magneto. Iceman deals huge numbers with his freeze beam.

don't shiv
Gambit. changes blood in Cap's circulatory system into poison.

Alfheim

Gambit wins 7-8/10.

Um it doesnt work lihe that im afraid. It seems stats wise both Cap and Gamnbit are similar. Gambit does not have better reflxes because he uses a staff he has better reflxes because he is used to using it.

It could be argued that Cap will be more accurate with his shield because he has more experience.

Explosions >> Bullets.

Caps chainmail would help though it can withstand automatic machine gunfire at close range. I think Cap loses 7/10 though.

Daredevil1
Cap shield would go through Gambits staff easily hit gambit and KO him.

Soljer
Cap shield would go through Gambits staff easily hit gambit and KO him.

Uhhh....

Gambit's staff is adamantium, is it not?

StyleTime
Originally posted by Soljer
Uhhh....

Gambit's staff is adamantium, is it not?
It is.

braz
Originally posted by Alfheim

Caps chainmail would help though it can withstand automatic machine gunfire at close range.

What the f**k?

Daredevil1
Adamantium????

Damn Gambit.

braz
Adamantium????

Damn Gambit.

i know right, but iont think it is, at least Ult Gambits staff isnt, i know that for sure. he broke it over Wolverines head in issue 10, soo yea, theres no way it could be. but then again, thats ult universe, but iont see why they'd be that different over a staff erm

Alfheim
Originally posted by braz
i know right, but iont think it is, at least Ult Gambits staff isnt, i know that for sure. he broke it over Wolverines head in issue 10, soo yea, theres no way it could be. but then again, thats ult universe, but iont see why they'd be that different over a staff erm

Apparently Adamantium is less durable in the Ultimate Universe.

Soljer
Apparently Adamantium is less durable in the Ultimate Universe.

Or, perhaps, Gambit's staff just isn't adamantium in the Ultimate U.

Are there other instances of Adamantium not being entirely indestructible in the Ultimate Universe?

braz
Or, perhaps, Gambit's staff just isn't adamantium in the Ultimate U.

Are there other instances of Adamantium not being entirely indestructible in the Ultimate Universe?

yea

Soljer
Originally posted by braz
yea

Such as?

Metalmanx
Um it doesnt work lihe that im afraid. It seems stats wise both Cap and Gamnbit are similar. Gambit does not have better reflxes because he uses a staff he has better reflxes because he is used to using it.

It could be argued that Cap will be more accurate with his shield because he has more experience.

Caps chainmail would help though it can withstand automatic machine gunfire at close range. I think Cap loses 7/10 though.

Err...no. On both counts.

So he's used to the staff. Doesn't change the fact that his reflexes are possibly even faster than Caps. He DEFLECTS BULLETS WITH HIS STAFF. Cap deflects bullets with his SHIELD. You tell me which one is more impressive. erm

And Cap's chainmail does not withstand automatic machine gunfire at close range. That's a load of bull. For one, chainmail just isn't that strong. Two, there's a LOT of bullets for a machine gun. Three? If he can take it, why does he dodge em all the time? confused

But, I just now noticed that you agreed with my outcome, so I'll let all of this slide. thumb up

Accel
Such as?
Ultimate Hulk broke an adamantium needle.

braz
Such as?

no i meant yea to ur first statement, idunno of ne others

ThePittman

King KAM
Okay. My suspicions are now confirmed. You think Gambit is a pre-schooler in man's body.

Cap is going to be the one needing to watch out. Gambit will be raining explosions on him. Lemme tell you. Agility is great and all, but you can't necessarily dodge an explosion right next to you. Gambit doesn't need to hit Cap directly, just get his cards near him. And that, my friend, is VERY easy for a guy like Gambit.

Cap throws his shield, Gambit deflects it. Cap charges Gambit, Gambit either hits him with his staff, explodes the ground underneath him, or just unleashes a fury of cards to hit Cap himself.

Gambit has way too many advantages.

Gambit for the win. gambit would have to deflect the shield more than once, he would literally have to do it more than 20 times, and the shield is coming hard meaning that when he hits gambit's staff he can potentially knock the staff out his hands or knock him back with the blunt force.

And Cap can take the normal explosions gambit puts on his cards, but to be completley honest.....real world...as in like they are both serious....

Cap throws the shield at gambit so hard and fast that even when gambit blocks it it nearly takes his head off.

SpunkySmurph
gambit would have to deflect the shield more than once, he would literally have to do it more than 20 times, and the shield is coming hard meaning that when he hits gambit's staff he can potentially knock the staff out his hands or knock him back with the blunt force.

And Cap can take the normal explosions gambit puts on his cards, but to be completley honest.....real world...as in like they are both serious....

Cap throws the shield at gambit so hard and fast that even when gambit blocks it it nearly takes his head off.

Why would he choose to block it? He's plenty agile enough to completley dodge it.

And I sincerley doubt that Cap can take a direct blast from a card.

Alternativley, what if Gambit charges up other thing's in the enviroment as well? Cap can't dodge forever, and once he throws his sheild, as you seem determined that he will, he can only dodge.

Gambit gets so much disrespect...

King KAM
Why would he choose to block it? He's plenty agile enough to completley dodge it.

And I sincerley doubt that Cap can take a direct blast from a card.

Alternativley, what if Gambit charges up other thing's in the enviroment as well? Cap can't dodge forever, and once he throws his sheild, as you seem determined that he will, he can only dodge.

Gambit gets so much disrespect... how can Gambit hit cap with his cards, but men with machine guns can't seem to get a clean shot on him.

And if cap can eat a HUGE tank of Octane blowing up RIGHT by him, he can take a card.

Cap can catch gambit in literally about 1 second literally, so gambit wont have much time to charge nuthing

SpunkySmurph
You seem to think that Gambit is a statue...

He is AT LEAST as agile as Cap, though thats being nice to Cap. And if Cap can take one card, how would he fare against 52?

And he wouldn't need to get a direct hit, unlike a machinegun. And he has better aim

Metalmanx
how can Gambit hit cap with his cards, but men with machine guns can't seem to get a clean shot on him.

And if cap can eat a HUGE tank of Octane blowing up RIGHT by him, he can take a card.

Cap can catch gambit in literally about 1 second literally, so gambit wont have much time to charge nuthing

Well, Gambit IS more accurate. How's that for one?

You do know even one of his normal cards causes quite the explosion right? I don't think I recall Cap ever taking a full-on explosion RIGHT in front of his face.

And no, Cap can't "catch gambit in literally about 1 second literally". Gambit is actually more agile than Cap, due to his MUTATION.

Mutation/Amped-up physiology >> Peak human

StyleTime
how can Gambit hit cap with his cards, but men with machine guns can't seem to get a clean shot on him.
The same way you think Captain America can hit Gambit with his shield, yet men with machine guns can't get a clean shot on Gambit.
gambit would have to deflect the shield more than once, he would literally have to do it more than 20 times, and the shield is coming hard meaning that when he hits gambit's staff he can potentially knock the staff out his hands or knock him back with the blunt force.

Yes, Captain could probably take one the explosions Gambit uses when he only intends to like...break something. However, you underestimate Gambit's intelligence. Which type of explosions do YOU think Gambit will use? Put yourself in his shoes. You're about to fight THE Captain America. Do you use the attention-getter explosion like this one?
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5476/gambitv200514xf1.th.jpg

OR do you use the one card can blow out a floor of a building explosion?
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/798/06ec7.th.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5038/07vd6.th.jpg

Keep in mind that isn't even the largest explosion he can do. I'd imagine it would actually be the minimum he'd use if he was serious like you said.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>