Sentry Vs Photon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marvelprince
Looked this match up, but couldn't find it though I was sure it was done already. Ah well, who takes it? Oh, and no battle field removal or prep for this fight.

If anyone wants scans from the fight in Thunderbolts its in the Genis vs Quasar thread, and in the Genis respect thread I believe. I'm sure they'll make they're way in here later

Soleran
I'm going with the Power of a Million Exploding suns here! He'll unload on Photon, Sentry is all the man Superman wants to be.

kgkg
from what we have seen Tie......... everything else is guessing game

draxx_tOfU
stalemate.....for now...

whats intriguing is that photon wanted nothing of sentry just when he was about to really cut loose...

not to mention that the energy being released from their fight was enough to tear a planet apart easily, when in fact, both were holding back their might...

so if photon at least is = > than surfer, and sentry stalemated photon...then logic would also dictate that sentry is also = > than surfer eek!

well, anyway, sentry would AT LEAST be herald level...

oh, and, stalemate....for now...

Genis101
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
stalemate.....for now...

whats intriguing is that photon wanted nothing of sentry just when he was about to really cut loose...

not to mention that the energy being released from their fight was enough to tear a planet apart easily, when in fact, both were holding back their might...

so if photon at least is = > than surfer, and sentry stalemated photon...then logic would also dictate that sentry is also = > than surfer eek!

well, anyway, sentry would AT LEAST be herald level...

oh, and, stalemate....for now...

Photon didnt leave because Sentry said he was gonna stop holding back, cuz FYI Photon was holding back also. He BFRed Sentry because he had already accomplished his mission, which was to simply embarass the Avengers, not kill them. So why prolong it?

Secondly, they actually destroyed multiple worlds in their fight, one of them being Hyperion's world which is why he came after Photon afterwards. It was all explained by Hyperion himself, as well as in Hyperion's handbook entry.

And they were both holding back, and Sentry did not stalemate Photon. Every panel we saw, Photon was always on the offensive and before Photon BFRed him, Sentry was the one on the ground grumbling in pain. So i consider that a win for Photon.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Genis101
Photon didnt leave because Sentry said he was gonna stop holding back, cuz FYI Photon was holding back also. He BFRed Sentry because he had already accomplished his mission, which was to simply embarass the Avengers, not kill them. So why prolong it?

Secondly, they actually destroyed multiple worlds in their fight, one of them being Hyperion's world which is why he came after Photon afterwards. It was all explained by Hyperion himself, as well as in Hyperion's handbook entry.

And they were both holding back, and Sentry did not stalemate Photon. Every panel we saw, Photon was always on the offensive and before Photon BFRed him, Sentry was the one on the ground grumbling in pain. So i consider that a win for Photon.

i said both of them were holding back...

i think its a stalemate, imo...

to each his own, just like the spiderman vs wolverine, i say po-tay-toe and you say po-tah-toe...

manorastroman
just curious genis, what did you make of it when sentry said "that's it...no more holding back..." and photon said "whoops...that's my cue."????

cuz in my mind, that means he decided to book it before he got told by sentry.

marvelprince

There was no indication that Photon was holding back. Sentry said "no more holding back" and then Photon sends him to microverse. The mission was not over, Photon didn't want to fight Sentry at full power. Can't say I blame him

It was also mentioned in the issue with a new Doc Spectrum who tries to recruit a new Squadron

You claim Photon was holding back. Nothing is there to support that claim. I admit Photon had the advantages. Cause he had prep time and the element of suprise. Not to mention that everytime he teleported Sentry it took him a little while to regain his composure. he didn't do any straight fighting most of the matchup. It was all bait and switch and hit and run. If Photon could have handled him in a straight fight then why didn't he?

Big Sexy
I am sorry dudes by when one is associated with having the power of a million suns and the other is associated with the end of the entire universe, guess who trumps who?

marvelprince
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I am sorry dudes by when one is associated with having the power of a million sons and the other is associated with the end of the entire universe, guess who trumps who?

I give up. Who?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by marvelprince
I give up. Who? WHAT is Genis .

draxx_tOfU
I am sorry dudes by when one is associated with having the power of a million suns and the other is associated with the end of the entire universe, guess who trumps who?

the power of the Man of Steel pwns everybody else! evil face

marvelprince
WHAT is Genis .

IIRC correctly wasn't the Void also associatted with the end of the universe (from the original series). Besides, it's only a title. Sentry is said to have the power of a million suns, as a title, but he's been said to possess limitless power. Its like saying Man of Steel loses to Magneto cause Magento controls metal. Titles don't always give accurate description of abilities.

Point is when they fought Genis did well. He won, but he won cause he had prep time and superior team tactics. Plus he keep trying to throw Sentry off by playing hit and run. When Sentry got tired of that Genis did the smart thing and sent him away. That should say alot

Lucid Lui
There was no indication that Photon was holding back.

You claim Photon was holding back. Nothing is there to support that claim.
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5318/holdingbackay6.jpg

Blair Wind
laughing out loud

marvelprince
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5318/holdingbackay6.jpg

Point taken. I take back my claim. My point still stands that Photon wanted nothing to do with Sentry when he was ready to cut loose

Blair Wind
So? If his mission was to take them on and disorient him, why prolong the fight?

If you KNOW you can mess someone up, but you will be hurting with a blow or too, and the fight doesnt REALLY have to take place, would you fight the person or just leave?

marvelprince
Originally posted by Blair Wind
So? If his mission was to take them on and disorient him, why prolong the fight?

If you KNOW you can mess someone up, but you will be hurting with a blow or too, and the fight doesnt REALLY have to take place, would you fight the person or just leave?

Because if you really wanted to send someone a message like the rest of the Tunderbolts wanted to prove they do it with a gross display of power. Atlas flung Cage to the horizon, Atlas crushed Tony's armour. Photon tranports Sentry to the microverse and then sends him away once he startts to get serious. Doesn't match the overall tone of the entire fight.

The mission wasn't to take the Avengers on and disorient. It was to send the a message. It was to embarrass them. It was to give the impression that "whenever we want, we could take you down". Imo, Photon didn't deliver that message. His was more, "we could go it for a while..till you start to get serious I mean. Then I send you away."

Big Sexy
IIRC correctly wasn't the Void also associatted with the end of the universe (from the original series). Besides, it's only a title. Sentry is said to have the power of a million suns, as a title, but he's been said to possess limitless power. Its like saying Man of Steel loses to Magneto cause Magento controls metal. Titles don't always give accurate description of abilities.

Point is when they fought Genis did well. He won, but he won cause he had prep time and superior team tactics. Plus he keep trying to throw Sentry off by playing hit and run. When Sentry got tired of that Genis did the smart thing and sent him away. That should say alot The difference between that analogy is Photon was causing the universe to end. They didn't even kill him but scattered him.

Genis101
I hear claims that Photon was playing hit and run. That was not the case. Both men were throwing around alot of energy, not just Sentry. It even says it in the page Lucid posted "...and though to power BOTH men spit out is enough to shred entire worlds...". So just because all that's shown of the fight is 2 pages where Photon's only shunting away Sentry's energy doesnt mean thats what happenened the whole fight, which last a while considering how long Sentry & Genis were in the microverse.

Validus
Because if you really wanted to send someone a message like the rest of the Tunderbolts wanted to prove they do it with a gross display of power. Atlas flung Cage to the horizon, Atlas crushed Tony's armour. Photon tranports Sentry to the microverse and then sends him away once he startts to get serious. Doesn't match the overall tone of the entire fight.

The mission wasn't to take the Avengers on and disorient. It was to send the a message. It was to embarrass them. It was to give the impression that "whenever we want, we could take you down". Imo, Photon didn't deliver that message. His was more, "we could go it for a while..till you start to get serious I mean. Then I send you away."
Photon was the main reason the Thunderbolts even came out on top in that situation. Sentry, Iron Man, and Cap were the most important people in that Avengers line up and Genis was the reason all 3 were taken down. If thats not a gross display of power and strategy, I don't know what is.

That type of strategy and fighting style is what Genis is all about. In another issue, someone asked him why doesn't get more close up in his fights and he answered something like, "Because inevitably, you get hit back." You may call it hit and run, I just call it being smart.

The Fake Macoy
Last time I checked, given a choice between getting hit or not, most people would choose to not get hit. Since there was no point in actually going all out, Genis did do the smart thing.

draxx_tOfU
i still think its a stalemate...for now...

granted that photon was playing smart, why didnt he take sentry out from the opening bell?

the fact still remains that both of them were holding back...

no clear indication as to who would win in an all-out fight...

so stalemate...imo...

DevilGoblin
Sentry wins easy

kgkg
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
Sentry wins easy sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.