Okami

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
Anybody planning on getting this game. I've been really looking forward to it but I don't know when I'll be getting it though.

If I'm correct, it was released today.

Is It Comprehensible.....

IceJaw
I love the graphics eek! very Japanese

Emma718
what is it about?

InnerRise
Originally posted by IceJaw
I love the graphics eek! very Japanese Does that mean you purchased the game?

Originally posted by Emma718
what is it about?
You play a God who takes the form of a Wolf and you help people and battle creatures and you use a brush to do some things like battle things and change night to day by drawing a sun in the sky for example. And the graphics are very unique.

I don't know much about the actual story.

is it comprehensible.....

Emma718
^ wow seems interesting smile

Kayne Archeron
on my "to buy" list

IceJaw
Originally posted by InnerRise
Does that mean you purchased the game?

You play a God who takes the form of a Wolf and you help people and battle creatures and you use a brush to do some things like battle things and change night to day by drawing a sun in the sky for example. And the graphics are very unique.

I don't know much about the actual story.

is it comprehensible..... I doubt it has been released in europe yet erm so no and if it has, I dont have the money yet no expression

JToTheP
Gameplay details please, I want this badly I hear it's a masterpiece, but I'm already ass deep in Lego Star Wars II, Disgaea, Disgaea 2 after 1, and I have to continue my Silent Hill 2 second file, WHILE getting all my college homework done. sad

IceJaw
Why God, why?! Why plague us with homework when we're in the middle of tons of exciting video-games?! no expression

InnerRise
Why God, why?! Why plague us with homework when we're in the middle of tons of exciting video-games?! no expression Because the gaming industry is too stupid to release good games during the summer.

General Kaliero
No, because the gaming industry is too smart to not release good games during the buying season, from October through December.

InnerRise
Originally posted by General Kaliero
No, because the gaming industry is too smart to not release good games during the buying season, from October through December. True, true.

D@mn you Christmas. Why couldn't you come during the summer.

I refuse to celebrate you anymore. mhm

InnerRise
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/733/733122p1.html

General Kaliero
Okay, who else has gotten this masterpiece?

Dear god, it seems like there is nothing that Okami can do wrong. The art, the gameplay, the controls, the characters, the writing. It's all brilliant. I'm amazed at how expressive Amaterasu is when she has no dialogue. I also have to thank Clover Studios for providing many moments filled with the same off-beat humor that made me love Viewtiful Joe.

I've also sunk over 9 hours into this game in the last couple of days, and have no idea where the time went. The story is so engaging that you'll simply be pulled along until an outside force pushes you away.

InnerRise
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Okay, who else has gotten this masterpiece?

Dear god, it seems like there is nothing that Okami can do wrong. The art, the gameplay, the controls, the characters, the writing. It's all brilliant. I'm amazed at how expressive Amaterasu is when she has no dialogue. I also have to thank Clover Studios for providing many moments filled with the same off-beat humor that made me love Viewtiful Joe.

I've also sunk over 9 hours into this game in the last couple of days, and have no idea where the time went. The story is so engaging that you'll simply be pulled along until an outside force pushes you away. What about Amaterasu and no dialogue?

Yeah I was really looking forward to this game, and others but I happen to be saving my money right now and probably will miss out on this and other games that are just coming out that I really want.

Since I'm up at college, i wouldn't get time to play the anyway.

General Kaliero
Ammy, being a goddess in wolf form, does not speak.

Don't for one second think that that makes her a bland character, though. Her responses to others provide wonderful insight into who she is and what she's like.

Lightningrod
I bought this game and it is awesome, i am 5 hours into the game and the graphics are just plain awesome!
it is much better than Zelda for sure! Thank you Clover Studios and Capcom!!!
But it sucks I broke my PS2 controller so I am waiting for another one to come in the mail sad

ESB -1138
I love the graphics eek! very Japanese

They said they took the game engine from Wind Waker.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Lightningrod
it is much better than Zelda for sure!

Funny that you should say that when a great deal of the gameplay is taken directly from the Zelda formula.

Vast overworld
Multiple, "themed" dungeons
Collectible, upgradable weapons
Bug-sized chatty companion
Environmental puzzles
Various sidequests aiding troubled people

It's pretty much what's tiding me over until November 19th.

Kayne Archeron
i wouldn't exactly say all the Zelda games had a vast overworld, but you've pretty much got it on the dot. doesn't mean i don't want to play Okami until i'm dead though X3

Blue Dragon
This game does look good, but I'm not sure if I'll like it. I don't know, I mean it looks fun & sounds cool, but will I like it? Is the gameplay good? What does the game involve? I know it's like Wind Waker a bit, with dungeons, but what else?

Maestro
The games good, but the only thing annoying about it is the banjo-kazooie voiceovers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.