7 heroes, broken down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
This is kind of for LovelyOne but for everyone who enjoys this kind of thing. There is a book called the 8 heroes and 8 heroines and I was wondering what you all thought about how POTC fit into this.

The Chief: the alpha male, the one always in charge
The Swashbuckler: the adventurer, witty, brave
The Best Friend: think Tom Hanks, nothing dangerous, but safe and trustworthy
The Charmer: the playboy, the guy with all the answers
The Lost Soul: the anti-hero, the loner
The Professor: the smart guy, librarian, scatterbrained
The Warrior: the quiet, lone wolf who faces danger for what he believes
The Bad Boy: this is the biker guy, the criminal with a heart, the thief

So if you had to categorize Jack, Will, Liz, and Norrington, where would you put them? If you want heroines for Liz, here they are too.

The Boss: kind of bitchy, large and in charge, very in your face
The Nurturer: the healer, kind of the earth mother, team mom
The Survivor: Scarlett O'Hara, one who has faced it all and lived to tell the tale
The Waif: the naive child-woman who often gets tricked
The Librarian: the female version of the professor
The Crusader: she has a cause and she will fight to the death for it.
The Seductress: this is the Circe, the femme fatale. She usually does a turn around, but her powers are that of sexiness and seduction
The Spunky Kid: Similar to the waif, this is a younger heroine who is an outside the box kind of gal, who always has an idea or a plan

willofthewisp
PS: I put in the subject line 7 when I realized there were 8, so I'm well aware of my typo

katelovespirate
I'd throw Liz as the waif in 1, becoming the spunky kid in 2.

I'd set Will down as the warrior, Jack is like 3 of them. Norri? Hmmm... in 1, i'd set him down as chief, but in 2, i'd go with the lost soul.

willofthewisp
I think they're a combination, too. Like I would say Liz is a three-way tie between waif, spunky kid, and survivor. Will is usually kind of the best friend, he at least has those qualities. But he's mainly a warrior. Jack, yeah, swashbuckler (duh), warrior, and bad boy to me. Norrie is the difficult one. I like the chief hero least of all, but I really like him in the first one, but he's definitely turned into a lost soul.

katelovespirate
oooooh yeah i bet Liz will be becoming more and more "the survivor" by movie three. she doesnt play the damsel in distress part much anymore, except around Will.

Yeah poor Norri. I hope he gets redeemed (and not just by dying)

Gibbs would certainly by the Best Friend mixed with the Professor, not cause he's really smart, but just cause he's got all this back info he always whips out at just the right moment. lol.

willofthewisp
That's true. I have a soft spot for Gibbs. Maybe he'll have a bigger part in this next one, maybe meet some girl...

Chiki Mina
i love mr gibbs.
hes so loyal hes a good pirate. ^^ yea maybe he'll meet a woman-his age lol.

LovelyOne
The Boss: kind of bitchy, large and in charge, very in your face
The Seductress: this is the Circe, the femme fatale. She usually does a turn around, but her powers are that of sexiness and seduction

I'd say those 2 might be a mixture of Liz..although Liz was refusing Jack when she did that to him..not trying to gain anything like circe does
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lost Soul: the anti-hero, the loner

thats not him!!!!..Anti hero is like Robert De niro in Taxi who is is mentally insane, has no friends but he does something for what he thinks is a good cause to be accepted in the "normal world"..it is a good cause what he does. He saved a 13 year old prostitue from aload of pimps (who she was friends with).. but its really MESSED UP the way he handles the situation he shaves his head and murderes all of the pimps and the girl was in tears, you leave thinking.."Did I like that character or do I hate that character?" "did he realy do what was right for the girl or did he just mentally scar her for an eternity?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bad Boy: this is the biker guy, the criminal with a heart, the thief

TOTALLY JACK!

the characters usually all do a turn around in character by the end (slightly)..especially for the one they love.

LovelyOne
Actually I wouldn't call Liz the Circe..she wasnt exactly "sexy and seductive" to get her own way..she just kissed Jack

she might be the spunky kid and the boss mixed together lol

willofthewisp
Really? I just don't see Liz as a *****. She's never very snappy or acts spoiled. I think she's waif/spunkykid/survivor. She's really strong and tough, but she's not in your face about it like a boss heroine.

I never said Jack was a lost soul. I said Norrington kind of is. He has no friends in this series, and he could have had he not betrayed them all. Liz kind of looked out for him and they easily could have had a friendship.

I wish there was something like this for villains. We should come up with one.

katelovespirate
haahaha we totally should!!!! good idea!!!!! I'm doing this great research project on sociopaths right now, its amazing... speaking of villians. lol.

i somewhat disagree about Liz---- I mean, i agree with the waif/spunky kid/survivor.... but i do think she acts totally spoiled sometimes. not prissy... but spoiled. selfish. she's just not used to not getting what she wants. ya know?

Chiki Mina
yea shes just spolish selfish. shes no gurly but shes a tom boy kind of gurl. but when she wants something she has to get it. it has to be her way. and she would even try to manipulate in order to get what she wants

surfchikpir8fan
can u tell me more about dis book plz i looked on da net n i cant find it sad but yeah i totally agree wif every1 on wat da characters from potc fit in2 wif da characters from dis book smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.