Jack Is Vexed!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lovethemtigers
I am in love with the fact that Jack is vexed. It makes the character of Jack Sparrow all the more interesting and sexier...to know that he wants Elizabeth...but doesn't want her.....

Marty: have you noticed the captain is acting a big strange (er) lately?
Mr. Gibbs: Yes, setting sail without a heading...Something's Got Jack Vexed.....what bodes ill for Jack Sparrow bodes ill for us all....

Tia: Ah, Jack Sparrow don't know what he want...or do know, but is loathe to claim it as his own...

Tia: what vexes men most.....
Jack: A Woman
Tia: A Woman, he fell in love.....

I love the thought of Jack being in love with Elizabeth. I think it's hot. Anways...here is a great video I discovered on youtube just a few minutes ago and it's sooo cute and awesome...the music and words match the clips so well...(And by the way, I love Sailorleo's video, it matches up good to..Uptown Girl...these are two of my favorites...besides Niagara...)

here and the words and the linK "You Really Got A Hold On Me"
Jack is vexed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN4mI8QEM8k

I don't like you
But I love you
Seems that I'm always
Thinkin' of you
Oh, ho, ho, You treat me badly
I love you madly
You've really got a hold on me
(You really got a hold on me)
You really got a hold on me

Baby
I don't want you
But I need you
Don't wanna kiss you
But I need to
Oh, ho, ho you do me wrong now
My love is strong now

Baby
I love you and all I want you to do
Is just
Hold me
Hold me
Hold me
Hole me

Tighter
Tighter

I wanna leave you
Don't wanna stay here
Don't wanna spend another day here
Oh ho ho, I wanna split now
I just can't quit now

Baby
I love you and all I want you to do
Is just
Hold me (please)
Hold me (squeeze)
Hold me
Hold me

lovethemtigers
I just wish that Elizabeth would love him back...because seems very unbelievable that the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow would fall victim to unrequited love....I mean...if this man was in love with you..wouldn't you want to love him back....Can't wait for AWE to see what will happen...and if I don't get what I'm hoping for...then I guess I will forever have to watch all the J/L clips from DMC....

katelovespirate
yeah that would totally ruin EVERYTHING all ALL 3 BLOODY MOVIES if Jack fell victim to unrequited love. if that happens, i will hate it. honestly. he's not like norrington who you can just feel bad for but forget about. he's the main character, the money, the one everyone loves and is rooting for.

thats my problem with this all... IF jack SERIOUSLY does LOVE Elizabeth truly madly deeply etc... then he HAS to end up with her. otherwise the whole movie would fall apart, in my mind.

BUT if they are going for a liz/will ending, they would have to explain away Jack's feelings for her, and hers for him, and that gets messy and hazy and annoyingly disney.

LovelyOne
she IS vexed!! in movie 2 over a man..and its Jack

her compass is basically doing the same thing..telling her she wants Jack(special world) but its also swinging back to the means to save Will who is her (ordinary world)

I just think that Jack has had her on his mind a lot longer than she's had him on hers. So for him the compass is now broken lol swinging between her (special world, her as an obligation) and away from her(free world with no obligation) very quickly because she is intruding in his thoughts and feelings ALOT more than she used to IMO because the more you deny..the more the "unwanted" feelings return..he left movie 1 with her on his mind (singing the song she taught him) he smiles..looked at his compass and set off in the opposite direction towards "uncharted waters"..he's been thinking of her for over a year it seems.

he says "bring me that horizon" I think that line TOTALLY flies over our heads..remember what happened last time he sang that song? He and Liz plonked down in the sand together..Liz was really close to him they were talking about freedom and how great it is together and looking out at the horizon..

he leaves that movie knowing this girl is a free bird like him..and he leaves nowing he has found someone special in her "soul mate" even..had they left those deleted scenes in.it would have been a whole lot more obvious..especially the first wind change scene..they completley made that scene less significant on Jack's behalf back then..the way she is going to change HIM is totally cut out..even the massive impact he's going to have on her life is cut too

lovethemtigers
Yes, agreed lovelyone...Liz's love for Jack is not as evident...we know he's been thinking about her....but on the other hand...I don't think the movie really indicates it...but I think she's been thinking about him too..why else would she look so giddy, shy and eating up his flirting with her...if she was really as disgusted with him...as she pretends to me in movie 1 - then she would be kind of angry toward him..instead of giddy and friendly...and flirtatious....look at her facial expressions in "you smell funny" - she is sooo infatuated with Jack and really affected by his closeness...despite the fact that KTTC people say her face looks frustrated with Jack..yeah, right. I love when Jack realizes it's her approaching him on the docks and he turns and whispers "Elizabeth" and gives her a once over with his eyes....his deepest darkest secret is now facing him face to face..it's caught up with him and now he must face it....deal with it. Why not pursue it...and see where it will lead...she doesn't have a ring on her finger, yet...and besides....the wedding has been convientely interrupted......FATE INTERVENES>>>>

evilm0nki3
Johnny Depp made up the line "Bring me that horizon"

I don't think "bring me that horizon" is in the song. i think...

lovethemtigers
Yes I guess it is true...she is vexed too....she is very upset that the compass keeps pointing to Jack because she doesn't want to face her true feelings, and those feelings are that she is falling for Jack, despite the fact that she is suppose to be in love with William Turner. She also is trying to head in the opposite direction "this compass doesn't work and it definitely doesn't show you what you want most in this world", and then she throws it down in the sand and is all pouty because once again the compass points to JACK...and guess who witnesses this...Norrington and there he is rolling his eyes looking from her to Jack with that "oh, Please" expression on his face..cuz he knows Liz wants Jack even though she is not admitting it yet...

So, LovelyOne, You are right...she is also vexed...

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by evilm0nki3

I don't think she means it is part of the song..she just means he is singing the song and then saying that line..which all conjours up memories of the beach scene with Elizabeth...cuz she's the one who taught him the song...and they said they would sail together and teach it to the crew...etc. and then he let her see a side of him few rarily see...him being serious (although he is tipsy/drunk), he tells her what the Pearl means to him - freedom. He is opening up to her in this scene, but she uses that to her advantage. He later tells her he admires her for that in the Peas in a Pod deleted scene. She knows what she wants and will do whatever is necessary to get it, including using people, etc...just as Jack does - or seems to do.

We all know Jack always has an ulterior motive. He never really plans to sacrifice a mans life for material objects. He just uses them as leverage to buy time. He's always trying to outsmart his enemies. I should have posted this on the "selfish" thread...cuz right here is a prime example of how Jack is more experienced and ahead of Elizabeth in the game of leverage....and using people...Jack uses people as leverage to buy time...Elizabeth just simply uses JACK. But her ultimate betrayal of Jack backfired on her...

lovethemtigers
Just a funny thought. I was watching one of those videos of Behind the Scenes of DMC with Pentel and Ragetti...and it's funny where Ragetti says he wants to be good, he's tire of being bad...and Pentel tells him "if you are a pirate you can't be good. You are going to ruin the name of Pirates everywhere." It's funny...and then Ragetti says "but if you are bad, you don't get desert"....I hear an echo of the curiosity conversation.

So, if this is true....Is Jack really a Pirate...we all say he is the ultimate Pirate...but is he really...we all know Jack is a good man..he has shown us in both movies,so far. And what desert does Jack come back for at the end of DMC...Elizabeth and the kiss...he wanted to do the right thing, to show he was a good man and reap the rewards that follow....
I know this is random and off topic...but just had that thought after watching that little spoof by Pintel and Ragetti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abt1T3CGBo0

"and we are really good in it too, or at least my mum thought so (Ragetti)
you mean bad....Pirates are theives and Scallywags(Pintel)
I don't wanna be bad no more, I wanna be good (Ragetti)
you are going to ruin the name of pirates everywhere why on earth would you wanna be good? (Pintel)
If you're good you get desert. (Ragetti)

Chiki Mina
jack and liz love eachother as simple as that.

they see something in eachother thats hidden from everybody. they formed their own world thats only them 2 and nothing else matters. liz loves jack, but remember its her heart vs brain.

jack rescued her from the kraken risked his life, so she knew all along that he is a good man. bc if was able to rescue her from the first movie then he is willing to do it again. thats why she said "i have faith in you."

liz loves jack its written all over her face. but like i said before its heart vs. brain. jack rescued her he prooved once again he can be a good man(heart). What will society think about her being with a man who has been arrested numerous times(brain). she wants freedom she longs jack he prooved that pirates can be good(heart). about Will, he loved her for so long its only fair that she should be with him, so the only way is to chain jack. at tias hut it all bacfired at her and she still wants jack, wanted more, she thought she could forget about him but simply cant(heart).

this is the problem with elizabeth. she knows what she wants, but is afraid of getting it-to touch it. shes too damn self concious.

katelovespirate
oh geee i dont think it will ever be simple.

we can take comfort from disney's numero uno law: if two people love each other, they end up together. PERIOD. (except for john smith and pocahontas, cause they were messing with history in that one.)

so if Jack and Liz really do love each other, they will end up together. if they dont end up together, its because they dont love each other.

i am more convinced of Jack's affection than her's at this point. i think Jack has accepted the fact that he wants her, and acted accordingly. I think Liz is still in denial. Even at Tia's she is in denial. or on the verge of a complete mental breakdown. or both. lol.

LovelyOne

I have a feeling they told him why he's singing that song..and then JD added it in himself because just after he sang it they both sat down on the beach together talking about the freedom..Jack looking out at the horizon..her looking out at it too..She's not being fake there..I think she's speaking the truth..

the script says

its totally because he is thinking of her and their little time on the beach..he's infatuated with her..had they left all of those "too close" J/E scenes in people would have realised as the movie closes..especially the one where she teaches him the song he's singing/humming..and the peas in a pod where he says he's admired by her and what she did to him (betrayal)...we'd have left thinking he found almost a "soul mate" in her..because since WHEN does he ever leave a woman with her stil on his mind??..it seems as if never (scarlett, gizelle Tia Maria)

Chiki Mina
he never was so infatuaded in his life by a gurl who betrayed him lol. not so much of horny, but shes just the type of hard to get. and shes the kind of person to say whats on her mind and the kind who likes to plan on her way out by betraying, in a harmless sor of way till movie 2 lol.

point is, he'll never find a gurl like that. someone who he could compare to emotionally. liz feels the same and yea she is in denial-shes stupid somewhat. But i mean try to be in her shoes a bit (forget which one is sexier-not physical) but ur engaged to someone for like a year maybe, this person loves u alot, u love him bla bla. then u fall in love with someone who is perfect for u, but society aint to freindly especially back then, if they didnt like u theyd prob kill u with no reason. and she wants to believe its lust but it turned out somehing more than that obviously bc its even a more powerful feeling than she ever felt with Will. If she dont know these feeelings, maybe bc she neer had these exact feelings towards Will.

Pirategirl
quote: (post)

I read somewhere that Johnny read a book by a French sailor, where he talked about the idea of why you keep going as a sailor. It's because the horizon is always there.You want to get to it but you never will. It's all about the unattainable.

ivebeendepped43
Johnny is so creative!

Pirategirl
Yeah that's why he is my favorite actor love

willofthewisp
"I just wish that Elizabeth would love him back...because seems very unbelievable that the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow would fall victim to unrequited love"

I think she's falling in love with him. When she saw the compass point to him, she didn't think "oh it's just because he knows how to help save Will" or "oh it's just because he's a pirate and I want to be one." No. Her first thought was, "oh my gosh I really want this man and it's showing." She wouldn't want to be around him so much or talk to him on such an equal level if she didn't want to be around him, but it's the idea that she also wants him that shows she is falling for him. She's a little bit in denial, but I think she's getting there.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by willofthewisp
"I just wish that Elizabeth would love him back...because seems very unbelievable that the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow would fall victim to unrequited love"

I think she's falling in love with him. When she saw the compass point to him, she didn't think "oh it's just because he knows how to help save Will" or "oh it's just because he's a pirate and I want to be one." No. Her first thought was, "oh my gosh I really want this man and it's showing." She wouldn't want to be around him so much or talk to him on such an equal level if she didn't want to be around him, but it's the idea that she also wants him that shows she is falling for him. She's a little bit in denial, but I think she's getting there.

I just typed something similar to what you just wrote here on another thread...the KTTC people one....I definitely think the compass was pointing to Jack because she wants him....I don't think she realizes she loves him yet...I believe she is falling in love with Jack...or at least that's the impression I get from everything that happened in DMC...but what I mean by "I hope she loves Jack back"...because some of the crazy post DMC stuff we read...seems to imply that she still loves and wants Will and will spend AWE trying to convince Will and make it up to him...uggghhhh I hate that plot....cuz the way it ended ---with jack smiling at her and her going in for the second kiss but pulling back and him whispering PIRATE...they looked like two people in love to me....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.