the Flash v.s. Green lanturn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

great_dane
I say flash..., what do you think?

(wally west)
(hal jordan)

galan7777777
flash would hit hal 1000's of times before he could think about using his ring...... wally ftw 9/10

Validus
GL

UniOmni
Auto shields are key.

Darth Vegas
GL.

juggernaut66666
Hal

galan7777777
Originally posted by UniOmni
Auto shields are key. if he shields himself from flash, that still dosent explain how he would beat him....... his mind wouldnt be able to think fast enough to blast the flash with his ring, hal would run out of energy well before he came close to hitting wally

Validus
Originally posted by galan7777777
if he shields himself from flash, that still dosent explain how he would beat him....... his mind wouldnt be able to think fast enough to blast the flash with his ring, hal would run out of energy well before he came close to hitting wally
Hal would disagree with you and the many times he stopped PC Barry would be why.

galan7777777
Originally posted by Validus
Hal would disagree with you and the many times he stopped PC Barry would be why. wally has more impressive feats then barry

Validus
wally has more impressive feats then barry
PC Barry? Not at all. PC Barry would run laps around the universe for fun.

Soleran
Speed kills and Flash should win, only PIS should really anyone topple him, except when the Runner is being discussed of course!

galan7777777
PC Barry? Not at all. PC Barry would run laps around the universe for fun. this is namely the feat im talking about; flash has saved the entire population of a city from a nuclear explosion by carrying 1-2 people (532,000 people to be exact) at once sending them 35 miles in and out away from the city (70 miles together) in 0.0001 seconds:

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg012jd.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg028eh.jpg

now flash accomplished such a feat in one ten-thousandth of a second, do you think that hal's mental reaction time would allow him to use his ring against the flash just running at that speed? now think if hal was wally's only target, hal's reaction time would need to be in the millionths or billionths of a second (if not greater), and there is NO WAY he is that fast, this is why i say hal would run out of energy long before he could beat the flash...

Validus
this is namely the feat im talking about; flash has saved the entire population of a city from a nuclear explosion by carrying 1-2 people (532,000 people to be exact) at once sending them 35 miles in and out away from the city (70 miles together) in 0.0001 seconds:

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg012jd.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla89pg028eh.jpg

now flash accomplished such a feat in one ten-thousandth of a second, do you think that hal's mental reaction time would allow him to use his ring against the flash just running at that speed? now think if hal was wally's only target, hal's reaction time would need to be in the millionths or billionths of a second (if not greater), and there is NO WAY he is that fast, this is why i say hal would run out of energy long before he could beat the flash...
Wally doesn't have any speed feats better than PC Barry. Hal beat PC Barry more often than not. GL Auto Shields > Flash. Ok? Ok.

galan7777777
Wally doesn't have any speed feats better than PC Barry. Hal beat PC Barry more often than not. GL Auto Shields > Flash. Ok? Ok. that last post wasnt refering to barry at all....... and how will auto-shields beat flash? if hal auto-shields the whole fight and flash just outruns his blasts, then its a stalemate, and plus all wally needs to do is recite the speed formula, and time will stop around him wink

great_dane
yes he does, wally is the more powerfull of the flashs'

even if he were to shield himself, wally would viabrate through it. gl wouldnt have any reaction time to think about anything before wally were to hit him. he could steel all his speed leaving him motionless and do with him as he pleases. even if he were inside the shield, wally would just throw the whole thing into the speedforce

Validus
Flash has never been able to vibrate through GL shields. I really don't care to list all the times Hal and Kyle trapped Barry and Wally in a bubble.

Speed steal won't work. His ring doesn't need to kinetic energy to keep him going.

Punches are taken care of by the shield.

Speed Force dump is useless to someone who can travel dimensions.

What now?

galan7777777
that last post wasnt refering to barry at all....... and how will auto-shields beat flash? if hal auto-shields the whole fight and flash just outruns his blasts, then its a stalemate, and plus all wally needs to do is recite the speed formula, and time will stop around him wink
^ shifty

Validus
^ shifty
What makes you think Hal needs to blast anything here? It's as simple as Hal imagining Wally being trapped in a green cage. Considering Wally can do nothing but stall Hal, it won't be too hard.

The only way Flash beats Green Lantern is if GL turns into Green Idiot and forgets what he can do.

galan7777777
What makes you think Hal needs to blast anything here? It's as simple as Hal imagining Wally being trapped in a green cage. Considering Wally can do nothing but stall Hal, it won't be too hard.

The only way Flash beats Green Lantern is if GL turns into Green Idiot and forgets what he can do. and when flash recits the speed formula?

Validus
and when flash recits the speed formula?
You realize GL can alter time too? Hell, GL has created a Flash before.

juggernaut66666
hal just traps him into a bubble and wait till wally is out of air and dies

great_dane
gl's ring energy is all based on solid-light construsts. wally has the ability to viabrate through light itself, making him invisible, so if he can do this, than he would be able to go through his shield. not only that, but the ring can only have enough energy to be put into use for a 24 hour period before having to be recharged again. gl would never hit the flash, so after those 24hr.'s are up, hals life would come to an end. and the flash can also run into the speedforce where all time stops, and he can pin point any location in the universe to timetravel to by running along the edge of the speedforce itself. whether or not gl could travle through dimensions, the flash would be able to stop him from doing so by reaching him first, gl would be able to basially do nothing

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by great_dane
gl's ring energy is all based on solid-light construsts. wally has the ability to viabrate through light itself, making him invisible, so if he can do this, than he would be able to go through his shield. not only that, but the ring can only have enough energy to be put into use for a 24 hour period before having to be recharged again. gl would never hit the flash, so after those 24hr.'s are up, hals life would come to an end. and the flash can also run into the speedforce where all time stops, and he can pin point any location in the universe to timetravel to by running along the edge of the speedforce itself. whether or not gl could travle through dimensions, the flash would be able to stop him from doing so by reaching him first, gl would be able to basially do nothing Originally posted by juggernaut66666
hal just traps him into a bubble and wait till wally is out of air and dies

great_dane
if he were to get caught in the bubble, he'd simply time travle out. that's what im trying to say. and while doing this, he would be able to travle to gl's location and do whatever he wants to him

galan7777777
wally isnt getting credit where credit is due, he at the very least could avoid hal untill his ring ran out of energy

Validus
So the fact that Flashes have tried to phase past a GL shield and failed again and again means nothing? The fact that phasing has never worked on GL? Interesting.

Validus
wally isnt getting credit where credit is due, he at the very least could avoid hal untill his ring ran out of energy
You think you're giving Hal credit by saying he couldn't land a hit before his auto shield ran out (which would never happen)?

Flash is outmatched. That's all there is to it.

great_dane
exaclty, as i said before. not only that, but his ring cannot effect anything with the color yellow, the light diflects it, thats one of the only flaws in the ring. that and the energy running up. so if you want to get technical, the ring would have no effect on flash, seeing as how his symbol is yellow.

Soleran
The only way Flash beats Green Lantern is if GL turns into Green Idiot and forgets what he can do.

Or by the time he is able to properly respond to the threat its to late since Flash is oodles faster and has many more possible ways to achieve victory in a much smaller window.......................

galan7777777
You think you're giving Hal credit by saying he couldn't land a hit before his auto shield ran out (which would never happen)? no, all im saying is how will his auto-shield beat wally? if thats all he could muster up in the fight then its a stalemate

Validus
exaclty, as i said before. not only that, but his ring cannot effect anything with the color yellow, the light diflects it, thats one of the only flaws in the ring. that and the energy running up. so if you want to get technical, the ring would have no effect on flash, seeing as how his symbol is yellow.
The yellow weakness has been gone for 2 years now. Not to be a dick here but you need to brush up on the old GL knowledge.

great_dane
his shield would run out dude.., it only last for 24 hour periods before it has to be recharged in the actual green lantern, (his name).

his name isnt green ring

Validus
no, all im saying is how will his auto-shield beat wally? if thats all he could muster up in the fight then its a stalemate
Can you show me where I said Hal's shield will beat Wally? confused

juggernaut66666
hal just imagines a bubble around flash's head after that he just watches how wally dies

Validus
Originally posted by Soleran
Or by the time he is able to properly respond to the threat its to late since Flash is oodles faster and has many more possible ways to achieve victory in a much smaller window.......................
Let's see.

Punching? Useless
Speed Force dump? Useless
Speed steal? Useless

The uber tricks that get Flash a victory over most don't apply here. Trust me, I know how fast Wally is. He'll need more than that here.

galan7777777
Can you show me where I said Hal's shield will beat Wally? confused i didnt say you did, but what else can GL really do? his mind dosent think fast enough to focus in on wally long enough to trap him in a "bubble"

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
hal just imagines a bubble around flash's head after that he just watches how wally dies

Soleran
Originally posted by juggernaut66666

Hal thinks to slowly by then Flash already has had hundreds of attempts and possible endings for Hal, woops.

Validus
i didnt say you did, but what else can GL really do? his mind dosent think fast enough to focus in on wally long enough to trap him in a "bubble"
Despite the fact that's he done it before numerous times? Flash and GL have done one on one a few times and GL always wins. Doesn't that say something?

Hal needs half a second to imagine a bubble. Wally can't win in that amount of time.

Soleran
Despite the fact that's he done it before numerous times? Flash and GL have done one on one a few times and GL always wins. Doesn't that say something?

No, it says in comics using "comic writers rules" the forums have different rules.

Half a second is years for the Flash in ZING mode! Wally can win in that time fairly easily.

great_dane
your a loser, lol. you sound lame. the flash would viabrate through all light, making him invisble. gl can't see him. hed run around the planet a coupke hundred times and hit him with a few infinte mass punches before he were to leave the atmosphere. if you want to be like that

galan7777777

Hal needs half a second to imagine a bubble. Wally can't win in that amount of time. no, but he can run across space out of reach from hal...... and your forgetting the speed formula, once wally recites that time stops, do we know if hal is immune from time stopping?

great_dane
he can win in that amaount of time, dont you get that. no ones reaction time would be able to beat the flash. while he's imagining it, he would be flying through dimensions into the speedforce. (don;t say he can survive it, cuz you know he cant_ while getting throen into the speedforce, he still wouldn't have enough reaction time to think about going into a different dimension. milisecond or not, flash is instant

UniOmni
Wally can attack GL before GL realizes it, but the autoshields would save him there.
And once he's on the uptake, what exactly is FLash gonna do??

Those little pepper shots aren't uber.

His best bet, is the imp, and that takes time.

He could break away, and build up momentum for it, but GL isn't going to be resting on his laurels while Wally's making his move.

What exactly is Wally going to do to Hal or Kyle??

Validus
Wally can attack GL before GL realizes it, but the autoshields would save him there.
And once he's on the uptake, what exactly is FLash gonna do??

Those little pepper shots aren't uber.

His best bet, is the imp, and that takes time.

He could break away, and build up momentum for it, but GL isn't going to be resting on his laurels while Wally's making his move.

What exactly is Wally going to do to Hal or Kyle??
Apparently he's going to run across the universe.

galan7777777
Apparently he's going to run across the universe. you asked me how and thats what i replied with...... and you still havent answered how hal can overcome flash reciting the SF

Validus
No, it says in comics using "comic writers rules" the forums have different rules.
That rule does my argument more favors than it does Flash.

Half a second is years for the Flash in ZING mode! Wally can win in that time fairly easily.
Years in which he can do nothing. What's the point?

Soleran
you asked me how and thats what i replied with...... and you still havent answered how hal can overcome flash reciting the SF

there you go.

great_dane
ummm................ thrown them into the speedforce. that sounds like it might work. and theyre not called infinite mass punches for no reason. if that isn't "uber" than what it is? the time it would take for him to build momentum is almost nothing. he'd viabrate through the shield itself and gl also. flash 9/10 10/10

great_dane
I got to go. ill continue this later. "fanboys annoy me"

Validus
you asked me how and thats what i replied with...... and you still havent answered how hal can overcome flash reciting the SF
I already countered that by saying Hal can alter and stop time as he's done several times.

You're either not reading what I'm saying or just not understanding. Either way it's slightly aggravating. embarrasment

Validus
I got to go. ill continue this later. "fanboys annoy me"
This coming from a guy reciting some shit about a yellow weakness? Get out of my face. laughing out loud

great_dane
your not understanding. the flash can stop time itslef, he has a connection with the speedforce, the cause of all moving matter, it has been compared to heaven and hell, that powerfull. he can stop gl from doing anything.

great_dane
you were being a ****** about some bubble head bull shit

galan7777777
I already countered that by saying Hal can alter and stop time as he's done several times.

You're either not reading what I'm saying or just not understanding. Either way it's slightly aggravating. embarrasment the ability to alter time dosent mean that if time was stopped that hal would be unaffected

Validus
your not understanding. the flash can stop time itslef
HAL CAN STOP TIME ITSELF!

How many times do I have to say that? If you want a "No PIS" argument involving Green Lantern, you're really setting yourself up for a headache.

he has a connection with the speedforce, the cause of all moving matter
Hal has a power ring. So?

it has been compared to heaven and hell, that powerfull. he can stop gl from doing anything.
The Oan energy has been called the right hand of God. How can Flash do anything to that?!? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soleran

You're either not reading what I'm saying or just not understanding. Either way it's slightly aggravating. embarrasment

If Hal is already frozen in a timestream he cannot do anything himself, he cannot move remember, frozen in time himself.

The fact he can alter time etc might be useful if Flash wasn't fast enough to do it himself and faster.

Validus
Jesus you guys really are a special bunch. laughing out loud

Soleran
Jesus you guys really are a special bunch. laughing out loud

I'm glad you're a part of the pack and can realize this.

SPEEDBLITZ for the win? confused

great_dane
the speeforce you idiot. youir a dumbass dude. really though, the flash would cause a vortex sucking in all oxygen and gl would sufficate. he'd make a black hole and cause gl to get sucked in and die. he'll melt his ass. he will touch him and use his heat touch, making the temperature of his body reach that of the sun at speeds faster than light.

Validus
the speeforce you idiot. youir a dumbass dude. really though, the flash would cause a vortex sucking in all oxygen and gl would sufficate. he'd make a black hole and cause gl to get sucked in and die. he'll melt his ass. he will touch him and use his heat touch, making the temperature of his body reach that of the sun at speeds faster than light.
blink

galan7777777
the speeforce you idiot. youir a dumbass dude. really though, the flash would cause a vortex sucking in all oxygen and gl would sufficate. he'd make a black hole and cause gl to get sucked in and die. he'll melt his ass. he will touch him and use his heat touch, making the temperature of his body reach that of the sun at speeds faster than light. calm down man, theres no need for slander wink

juggernaut66666
hal can't contain flash ? even kyle was able to contain a big bang which would have destroyed the universe and as we all know hal is the best

Validus
calm down man, theres no need for slander wink
Was that only part of that post you found to be a problem? Flash creating black holes is ok? laughing out loud

great_dane
k. embarrasment

Soleran
GL's have contained Flash before wasn't it Kyle who put him in a ball so he couldn't break it and had to run in it like a hampster.

Point is though Flash just due to his speed is so much greater that used to its fulliest ability trumps an unsuspecting GL.

Darth Vegas
So the fact that Flashes have tried to phase past a GL shield and failed again and again means nothing? The fact that phasing has never worked on GL? Interesting.

QFT.

Wally has never phased past a GL shield before, so why would he start now?

GL has trapped Flash in a bubble numerous times. Why would he stop now?

GL traps Flash in a bubble and removes the air.

Game, set, and match.

Validus
Yeah, I guess Flash will just make an uber black hole to win. crylaugh

galan7777777
Was that only part of that post you found to be a problem? Flash creating black holes is ok? laughing out loud lol, that wasnt the important part, i just dont like when people start talking sh** to other users.... stick out tongue

Soleran
No the real important part is that if Flash uses all his abilities at his speed then Hal is going down.

great_dane
omg. yes flash creating black holes. you dont know anything. o.k. seriously, i know gl is super super powerfull. but the flash can stop all moving matter. why don't you get that. he wuold run into the speedforce stopping all time, timetravle to the location of gl, where all time is still stopped, and throw him into the speedforce or fill his body full of kinetic energy. gl is motionless. (he can't move) he is vunerable

Darth Vegas
no, but he can run across space out of reach from hal......

And how exactly will that defeat Hal?

Soleran
omg. yes flash creating black holes. you dont know anything. o.k. seriously, i know gl is super super powerfull. but the flash can stop all moving matter. why don't you get that. he wuold run into the speedforce stopping all time, timetravle to the location of gl, where all time is still stopped, and throw him into the speedforce or fill his body full of kinetic energy. gl is motionless. (he can't move) he is vunerable

Yo for real!

galan7777777
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
And how exactly will that defeat Hal? the same way hal's auto-shield would defeat wally...... thats what i was responding to

Validus
the same way hal's auto-shield would defeat wally...... thats what i was responding to
The difference is nobody said his shield would beat Wally.

UniOmni

You sir, are a baka sad

And for the record, if Kyle can create replicas of the JLA, then i'm pretty sure he can beat Flash with ease.

And if GL can survive in space, Flash removing oxygen won't do much if anything at all.

The rest of that post isn't worth responding to.

Look at GL's feats, and then Flashes. It's gonna be close, but the GL gets it.

Flash is mostly a defensive character in this type of match.

He can't take the power GL can deal out, so he's on the defense from jumpstreet.
His best chance, would be an imp, but that takes time and energy to pull off.
And GL could contain it, negating his efforts and sealing his doom.

His pepper shots won't do anything but annoy GL.

Pepper shots = Those flurry punches that he does most often.

But GL can do alot to him. Alot

great_dane
omg. and how exaclty would that defeat gl?? hmmm, let me see. well seeing as how the flash is the only being that can survive being in the speedforce, not even superboy survived it when the flash decided to throw him in, I'm pretty sure GL wouldn't survive.

Validus
I wish KMC had a Vs forum Hall of Fame of sorts. This thread deserves it.

UniOmni
Strange, i could've sworn that IC had 7 issues, not 4!!

great_dane
*sigh

speedforce-all time stopped

timetravel-location of gl

speedforce-instane death

gl, would not be able to even think about doing anything before the flash were to do this. gl does not have the reaction time to stop him

UniOmni
I swear you could be Jesse7 under a new name.
Its like you just read the scans, and took the highend.

Without averaging in the lowend as well.

Validus
It's no use Omni. Wally's going to drop the multiverse on Hal.

great_dane
?????????

o so thats your argument?

your saying he can't do it, though he did against savatar??

and he also did it to superboy prime.

UniOmni
And then run through the process into creation, tell God he's doing a great job, and then hit the light switch to lend a hand.

great_dane
omg, lol.

wow, you know your beat, and now your just trying to sound like a smart allec. that wasnt funny by the way

great_dane
i'm out.

flash

9/10

10/10

Validus
And then run through the process into creation, tell God he's doing a great job, and then hit the light switch to lend a hand.
Why not? The Speed Force has been connected to Heaven and Hell after all!

Blair Wind
confused

A black Hole? Gls travel through those in leasuire. Dont give us that BS.

Speed Steal- The GL ring can compensate seeing as they can give or take kinetic energy as well

Superboy DID survive the speedforce What the f**k? he DID come back........and GLs can travel through dimensions, teleport, do anything they want.

IMP might hurt a superman level character, but a GL? They could just absorb the kinetic energy from the punch and redirct the energy to reinforce their shields

Kyle created a independent "construct" who could tap into the speedforce. They have the one up in this fight. They can split atoms. They could hydrogen bomb his ass INSIDE his body. They dont need to FOCUS on Flash, they just have to IMAGINE that bomb inside his body. GL wins.

Darth Vegas
i'm out.

flash

9/10

10/10

Yeah, if you mean loses.

Metalmanx
Wally for the win.

Darth Vegas
I say flash..., what do you think?

(wally west)
(hal jordan)

You ask people who they think would win and then proceed to berate and insult them when they disagree with you despite being given completely valid points as to why GL would decisively beat the Flash?

.........oooookay.

Soleran
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
You ask people who they think would win and then proceed to berate and insult them when they disagree with you despite being given completely valid points as to why GL would decisively beat the Flash?

.........oooookay.

And while there is truth to your comment there still no one addressed this next point, they skirted it blatantly.

great_dane
now what about the reaction time?? flash wouldnt be able to hit him a couple thousand times before gl could think of something??

and for the record, i was calling him an idiot and all that because he wasn't making valid arguments and trying to twist everything around to make me sound like an idiot and as if I didnt know what I was talking about. (for the record)

Accel
I wish KMC had a Vs forum Hall of Fame of sorts. This thread deserves it.
You could make a thread like that in the Comics Forum. smile

kgkg
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Leasuire i don't think so smile..... maybe wormholes

Can you show me....

IMp punches are not going to hurt? GL? laughing out loud

and GL does win.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.