The Monitor Vs Full power Galactus, Celestials,silver surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sexyking
Who wins?

The-Judge

xmarksthespot
Reported for spamming. no expression

sexyking
Perhaps people don't know who the monitor in a way his the brother of the antimonitor and his pretty darn powerful as well, the opposite to the negative.

juggernaut66666
if he is equal to the antimonitor than he smokes these guys

The-Judge
hey, dont report me for a song, i am just happy i am not banned anymorebig grin

xmarksthespot
I haven't really, but I will if you act like a moron.

sexyking
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
if he is equal to the antimonitor than he smokes these guys

Well at first him and the antimonitor where equal but the antimonitor grew a lot more powerful than him and he got weaker.

sexyking
What are peoples opinion on this fight?

galan7777777
Big G, Celestials, and SS ftw

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Monitor was as powerful as the Anti-Monitor. He's got Multiversal power. He wins.

kgkg
ya numbers don't matter lol monitor wins

Validus
Monitor gets smoked. Anti-Monitor was much more powerful than Monitor by the time he started doing all his major feats.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Validus
Monitor gets smoked. Anti-Monitor was much more powerful than Monitor by the time he started doing all his major feats.

BUt The Anti Monitor still had to be powerful enough to even collapse one Universe right? All these guys listed are One universe at best.

kgkg
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
BUt The Anti Monitor still had to be powerful enough to even collapse one Universe right? All these guys listed are One universe at best. not really any one Celestial can destory the universe.

Validus
BUt The Anti Monitor still had to be powerful enough to even collapse one Universe right? All these guys listed are One universe at best.
IIRC, Anti-Monitor was using a massive amount of tech to accomplish things at the start.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by kgkg
not really any one Celestial can destory the universe.

Then How come they aren't as powerful as Eternity? He should be afraid of them.

nvrbeenwthagirl
IIRC, Anti-Monitor was using a massive amount of tech to accomplish things at the start.

There are no stips to this fight, so I"m assuming the Monitor would be his regular self and have his tech available as well.

Validus
There are no stips to this fight, so I"m assuming the Monitor would be his regular self and have his tech available as well.
And so will Galactus. Ultimate Nullifier ftw. roll eyes (sarcastic)

In any case, I don't recall Monitor having the Anti-Monitor's tech resources.

nvrbeenwthagirl
And so will Galactus. Ultimate Nullifier ftw. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galactus doesn't even use the thing and he's afraid of it. That would count as PIS.

Validus
Galactus doesn't even use the thing and he's afraid of it. That would count as PIS.
So Monitor can use his tech but G can't use his? Gotcha.

galan7777777
how is monitor going to beat all of the celestials again?

nvrbeenwthagirl
So Monitor can use his tech but G can't use his? Gotcha.

Well Am I right? does Big G even use the thing? Isn't he afraid of it? I could be wrong.

kgkg
Originally posted by galan7777777
how is monitor going to beat all of the celestials again? eat them lol

nvrbeenwthagirl
how is monitor going to beat all of the celestials again?

I wanna know how powerful they are. Cuz they seem to be under Eternity. Which would make them less than the Universal power houses that People make them out to be. Anything less than Eternity is less than universal right?

kgkg
I wanna know how powerful they are. Cuz they seem to be under Eternity. Which would make them less than the Universal power houses that People make them out to be. Anything less than Eternity is less than universal right? not really.

Order , Choas etc has effect on the Multiverse.

nvrbeenwthagirl
not really.

They can't bend it to thier will.

galan7777777
I wanna know how powerful they are. Cuz they seem to be under Eternity. Which would make them less than the Universal power houses that People make them out to be. Anything less than Eternity is less than universal right? each one of the celestials is just as strong if not much more powerful then a normal fed galactus, and there is an entire galaxy full of 'em, this equates to thousands if not millions of them..... and also whats gonna stop big G from feeding off of Monitor like he did to Hyperstorm again?

kgkg
They can't bend it to thier will. who can bend the multiverse to their will?

not a lot of people

nvrbeenwthagirl
who can bend the multiverse to their will?

not a lot of people

That is what I"m saying. Something doesn't add up to me. IF the celestials are these universal powers that be, how come They aren't as powerful as the infinites? Eternity isn't as powerful as the infinites. And the Celestials are under Eternity. Which would make them No where near Eternity's power lvl. Or is everyone just omnipotent?

Mr Master
And the Celestials are under Eternity. Which would make them No where near Eternity's power lvl.

I agree with you.

Celestials are infact below Eternity.

Eternity Created the Celestials.

Eternity created Celestials through meditation
http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/4910/eternitymadecelestials1oh.th.jpg

Celestial manifesting due to Eternity
http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/119/eternitymadecelestials29sv.th.jpg

Mr Master
not really.

That has never happened.

Order and Chaos obey Eternity and Infinity

The Lord Chaos & Master Order of every Universe, are run by the Eternity & Infinity of every Universe.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/816/eterninfinruletheuniverse3ib.th.jpg

Mr Master
each one of the celestials is just as strong if not much more powerful then a normal fed galactus, and there is an entire galaxy full of 'em, this equates to thousands if not millions of them.....

It's actually an entire UNIVERSE of them.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4154/celestialuniversepo0.th.jpg

Juntai
What gives the idea that they are more powerful than Galactus?

grey fox
Monitor FTW

Mr Master
Originally posted by Juntai
What gives the idea that they are more powerful than Galactus?

Galactus is more essential to the Universe than a Celestial.

The Galactus that is usually potrayed, is the so called "normal" Galactus, Fed but not Fully charged.

This "normal" Galactus created the Silver Surfer, so he's powerful indeed.

The so called "Full Powered" Galactus, was seen during Secret Wars in Doom.
(There may be other instances I don't know of).

We know without a doubt, that When Galactus absorbs his Ship, he becomes One with the Universe,

hence FP G = Eternity.

sexyking
When i state celestials i mean the ones we are aware of and not the whole race of them.

draxx_tOfU
celestial tech ftw

Mider999
remind me when celestials or surfer could destroy universes or defeat some of the most powerful beings in them, oh yeah and please someone explain to me how antimonitor loses to anyone on here when he stalemated the spectre.

sexyking
Originally posted by Mider999
remind me when celestials or surfer could destroy universes or defeat some of the most powerful beings in them, oh yeah and please someone explain to me how antimonitor loses to anyone on here when he stalemated the spectre.

This isnt the antimonitor its the Monitor.

hulkrulz
the team 10./10

guy222
Celestials/Galactus FTW

Bransolute
laughing out loud

This thread is full of stupid.

TricksterPriest
Monitor's main claim to fame is stalemating the Anti-Monitor.

Based on that.............split for now. AM would take these guys, but I don't know enough about Monitor's personal power levels.

And for the record, Anti-Monitor DID NOT use tech to destroy the universes. He did however, become more powerful than the Monitor by destroying and absorbing said universes.

Sirius77
But wasn't the moniter originally multiversal in power? Otherwise, how would he be able to manipulate them as he pleased? I don't see how a couple of nigh universals, a full universal, and a herald is going to beat a multiversal.

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
And for the record, Anti-Monitor DID NOT use tech to destroy the universes. He did however, become more powerful than the Monitor by destroying and absorbing said universes.
Trick what does Psycho Pirate say in this scan after the AM comments about the heroes being unable to stop the Antimatter Wave(which is what was destroying the positive matter universes)...
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/107/legendsofthedcucrisisonkd7.th.jpg

King Kandy
Originally posted by darthgoober
Trick what does Psycho Pirate say in this scan after the AM comments about the heroes being unable to stop the Antimatter Wave(which is what was destroying the positive matter universes)...
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/107/legendsofthedcucrisisonkd7.th.jpg
Well I guess that settles the issue.

darthgoober
Originally posted by King Kandy
Well I guess that settles the issue.
You'd think so... but it won't.

King Kandy
You'd think so... but it won't.
What possible objection could be raised to that scan?

Sirius77
So the moniter can't use tech now?

Bransolute
What possible objection could be raised to that scan? "But Galan said..."

Watch... watch.

darthgoober
What possible objection could be raised to that scan?
Because it's POSSIBLE that AM destroyed the first Positive Matter universe using his own power. It's never PROVEN(or actually stated for that matter) but it's technically possible. Not to mention the fact that IF it were true, it would be an off-panel feat that goes beyond anything he's actually SHOWN, which means it's right on par with the whole "Sentry fighting Galactus to a standstill" feat. Except that the Sentry thing was actually STATED to have happened...

darthgoober
Originally posted by Sirius77
So the moniter can't use tech now?
I'm guessing nothing beyond his "standard tech", which means anything he carries around or otherwise has access to at all times. Armor and the like are ok, but nothing that he keeps at his home base. Otherwise Galactus WOULD be assumed to have the Ultimate Nullifier in all his vs matches.

TricksterPriest
I'm gonna ignore this. AM stated on-panel that it was he and he alone who destroyed the positive matter universes. And anything you bring up to the contrary is BS.

TricksterPriest
And Big G DOES always have the UN. It's an aspect of him.

darthgoober
I'm gonna ignore this. AM stated on-panel that it was he and he alone who destroyed the positive matter universes. And anything you bring up to the contrary is BS.
You have a scan were AM actually says that he destroyed the Positive Matter Universes with his own power?! eek!

King Kandy
Even if it's also stated on panel?

Now THAT'S BS.

Sirius77
Well, regardless, the moniter was able to match the antimoniter at some point. Also, the fact that the moniter was weakened by the antimoniter destroying realities means that he was connected to those realities. So, that points to the fact that he was multiversal at least in power.

King Kandy
WTF? Being connected to the Multiverse =/= Multiversal.

TricksterPriest
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=442369&pagenumber=3

The page where it was quoted is locked, but it's right there on page 3.

darthgoober
Well, regardless, the moniter was able to match the antimoniter at some point. Also, the fact that the moniter was weakened by the antimoniter destroying realities means that he was connected to those realities. So, that points to the fact that he was multiversal at least in power.
If HE were multiversal at his base power, then AM would've been multiversal at his base power as well. And if AM was a multiversal power he could have destroyed ALL of the positive matter universes at once using his own power, rather than taking them down individually using the Antimatter wave(which came from tech).

darthgoober

Were on page three? I mean, who posted it and were is it at on the page?

King Kandy

I see nothing of the sort.

Sirius77
WTF? Being connected to the Multiverse =/= Multiversal.

Why would it not? It's a part of him.

Bransolute
Why would it not? It's a part of him. Galactus is multiversal?

Sirius77
If HE were multiversal at his base power, then AM would've been multiversal at his base power as well. And if AM was a multiversal power he could have destroyed ALL of the positive matter universes at once using his own power, rather than taking them down individually using the Antimatter wave(which came from tech).

Saying that the antimatter wave came from tech doesn't change the fact that he put the specter in a coma.

King Kandy
My computer is connected to the outlet.

The outlet=the computer.

Yes, that certainly makes sense.

King Kandy
Saying that the antimatter wave came from tech doesn't change the fact that he put the specter in a coma.
He has absorbed the AMU when that happened.

Bransolute
Saying that the antimatter wave came from tech doesn't change the fact that he put the specter in a coma. Because he absorbed all the power of the universes he destroyed? Completely irrelevant to this topic.

Monitor stalemated him at his weakest I believe. Which means nothing really. Not in this thread anyway.

Sirius77
My computer is connected to the outlet.

The outlet=the computer.

Yes, that certainly makes sense.

Yes, but if you take a titanium bat to an outlet in another neigborhood,
it won't affect your comp. They come from the same powersourse. But it won't affect you. So, I don't see how that applies here.

darthgoober
He didn't put the Spectre in a coma, the Presence did(for handling the situation wrong). And his fight with the Spectre came after he'd already absorbed the enhanced power of the Antimatter Universe, the Monitor was nowhere NEAR that powerful.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Bransolute
Because he absorbed all the power of the universes he destroyed? Completely irrelevant to this topic.

Monitor stalemated him at his weakest I believe. Which means nothing really. Not in this thread anyway.

Actually he was being powered by almost every magical power on earth.

http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=am39tm2.jpg

darthgoober
it won't affect your comp. They come from the same powersourse. But it won't affect you. So, I don't see how that applies here.
You seem to be misunderstanding the meaning of "multiversal". A multiversal being is a being that can DESTROY an entire multiverse, just being "connected" isn't enough.

King Kandy
The point is that you said being connected to something means you are equal to it.

Bransolute
Actually he was being powered by almost every magical power on earth.

http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=am39tm2.jpg Which is still irrelevant to the Monitor. smile

The Monitor gets steam rolled by almost anyone in this thread...

Didn't Monarch punk him, or something?

HereComesRandal
im here to help you out with debating bransolute!!!

Bransolute
Originally posted by HereComesRandal
im here to help you out with debating bransolute!!! High Five!

HereComesRandal
High Five!

YAY! Happy Dance

but in all honestly, even though i am friends with bransolute, ive read this whole debate and im gonna have to be unbiased here

Im gonna agree with everything brasolute says, he is right

Sirius77
Eh.

You know what, forget it. I don't really care much about this this thread anyway. The moniter was obviously able to stalemate the antimoniter at one point. And obviously lost power due to multiple realities being destroyed, so think what you will.

King Kandy
Eh.

You know what, forget it. I don't really care much about this this thread anyway. The moniter was obviously able to stalemate the antimoniter at one point. And obviously lost power due to multiple realities being destroyed, so think what you will.
Whatever.

Erik-Lensherr
erm

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2658/monitor1ey3.th.png

"I am linked with all positive matter (the Multiverse). It flows through me, gives me my power"

The Anti-Monitor recived the power of every Universe he destroyed :

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8818/monitor2hs0.th.png

While the Monitor became weaker with each Universe destroyed :

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3504/monitor4ea0.th.png

He and Anti-Monitor are equal in power before Anti-Monitor began destroying the positive matter universes :

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7641/monitor3fa8.th.png

Monitor takes this in a stomp.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
erm

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2658/monitor1ey3.th.png

"I am linked with all positive matter (the Multiverse). It flows through me, gives me my power"

The Anti-Monitor recived the power of every Universe he destroyed :

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8818/monitor2hs0.th.png

While the Monitor became weaker with each Universe destroyed :

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3504/monitor4ea0.th.png

He and Anti-Monitor are equal in power before Anti-Monitor began destroying the positive matter universes :

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7641/monitor3fa8.th.png

Monitor takes this in a stomp.
Storm is connected to the ENTIRE planet and draws power from it, that doesn't mean she can blow the damn thing up.

Galan007
Storm is connected to the ENTIRE planet and draws power from it, that doesn't mean she can blow the damn thing up. Take Firestorm,
He draws his energy from the FS-Matrix, -- Yet FS cannot harness this infinite power in it's totality -- What he does is 'leech' parts of said power, through himself.

Basically,
Was Monitor powerful? Sure.

But did he have the complete power of the infinite Multiverse, ? Doubtful.

srug

darthgoober
Originally posted by Galan007
Take Firestorm,
He draws his energy from the FS-Matrix, -- Yet FS cannot harness this infinite power in it's totality -- What he does is 'leech' parts of said power, through himself.

Was Monitor powerful? Sure.

But did he have the complete power of the infinite Multiverse, ? Doubtful.

srug
thumb up

Erik-Lensherr
That's a pretty bad comparison because first of all Storm isn't connected to Earth the same way Monitor is connected to the Positive Matter (Multiverse) . The positive matter which represents the Multiverse actually represents his strength, and that's why with every bit of positive matter destroyed he loses strength. His power practically is the Multiverse. There's a difference between drawing energy/controlling something specific and something actually representing a person's power.

starlock
Team for the win

Funny stuff in this thread

nvrbeenwthagirl
The monitor beats the holy jesus out of the team. He was the exact match for the AM until the balance was upset. People I already posted how the monitor and the am had the power of thier respective multiverses, or AM verse. I hate to dig up that drawn out thesis.

Utrigita
Is there only one Monitor???

I thought there was a hole race of them, one for each universe ore something like that.

Also for Monitor to have the full power of a Multiverse would equal him to FP Galactus in theory erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Utrigita
Is there only one Monitor???

I thought there was a hole race of them, one for each universe ore something like that.

Also for Monitor to have the full power of a Multiverse would equal him to FP Galactus in theory erm

There is not FP galactus. ON Panel, The Monitor was as powerful as the Multiverse.

Utrigita
There is not FP galactus. ON Panel, The Monitor was as powerful as the Multiverse.

Yet that is the one that we are using for this thread nvr.

And again in theory FP Galactus should equal Multieternity thus equal a Multiverse. Again mainly speculation and theory based on a character that have never been shown and yet we are using the same Character in a thread.

Galan007
There is not FP galactus. ON Panel, The Monitor was as powerful as the Multiverse. Nah.

Monitor acted funnel through which he could use the Multiverse's power -- This was also the case with AM himself, until he physically absorbed the AMU, and literally became said power..

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nah.

Monitor acted funnel through which he could use the Multiverse's power -- This was also the case with AM himself, until he physically absorbed the AMU, and literally became said power..

Nah. I went thru a great deal to disprove that Theory. Do you know how the AM woke up? Why thier battle was a stalemate? The reasons are exactly why Each had the full power of a multiverse behind them.

Galan007
Nah. I went thru a great deal to disprove that Theory. Do you know how the AM woke up? Why thier battle was a stalemate? The reasons are exactly why Each had the full power of a multiverse behind them. Originally,
They were both funnels for the power.

Now had Monitor absorbed the Multiverse, as AM did to his 'verse -- Then you could say "Monitor had the full power of the Multiverse within himself." -- But that never came to fruition. smile

Bransolute
It depends how powerful first shown AM was...

Kutulu
Originally,
They were both funnels for the power.

Now had Monitor absorbed the Multiverse, as AM did to his 'verse -- Then you could say "Monitor had the full power of the Multiverse within himself." -- But that never came to fruition. smile

Hmm... good point.

darthgoober
It depends how powerful first shown AM was...
Powerful enough to BARELY beat Supergirl and a weakened Superman wink .

quanchi112
I dont know ho wanyone really could say the antimonitor defeats all this opposition. I mean dear lord the monitor would get crushed. Look at what Galactus is capabale of himself coupled with the freakin celestials. Stomp city I say. And is Scathan allowed here to cuz wow is this spite.

King Kandy
Um, that theory is stupid.

If AM had the full power of the AMU, then there was no point in absorbing it.

guy222
Billion of Celestials, Big G means stomp

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
Billion of Celestials, Big G means stomp Hell yeah guy.

Erik-Lensherr
erm

Seriously, some of you really need to read Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Anti-Monitor absorbed the Anti-Matter Energy so that when he gets back in time, to the beginning, he would still retain the power.

His whole purpose was to travel to the beginning, to change history, so that the Anti-Matter would be triumphant.

And since at the point where he would go back in time the Anti-Matter that provides him with his power didn't exist, he absorbed the Anti-Matter energy into him so that he would still retain his power.

darthgoober
erm

Seriously, some of you really need to read Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Anti-Monitor absorbed the Anti-Matter Energy so that when he gets back in time, to the beginning, he would still retain the power.

His whole purpose was to travel to the beginning, to change history, so that the Anti-Matter would be triumphant.

And since at the point where he would go back in time the Anti-Matter that provides him with his power didn't exist, he absorbed the Anti-Matter energy into him so that he would still retain his power.
Where was all that stated? Because from what I remember, AM absorbed the Antimatter universe because he wasn't powerful enough to reach the dawn of time without it. He actually had to wait around for the remaining heroes to get there because he used most of his power getting there and couldn't complete the process without their energy.

Erik-Lensherr
Where was all that stated? Because from what I remember, AM absorbed the Antimatter universe because he wasn't powerful enough to reach the dawn of time without it. He actually had to wait around for the remaining heroes to get there because he used most of his power getting there and couldn't complete the process without their energy.

If he wouldn't have absorbed the said Anti-Mater energy then he would have gotten weaker as he went further and further back in time until there would be no Anti-Matter energy left because it's the Anti-Matter that gives him his power. So he absorbed the totality of the Anti-Matter so that he would still be able to retain that power. It's logical.

darthgoober
I know it's logical, but when was it stated? Because at this point you're just speculating...

Erik-Lensherr
I'm using logic. Besides, neither of these 2 are contradicting the fact that both Anti-Monitor and Monitor wield the entire power of their respective Anti-Matter and Positive Matter realms which was the point of this discussion.

darthgoober
With neither of these 2 contradicting the fact that both Anti-Monitor and Monitor wield the entire power of their respective Anti-Matter and Positive Matter realms.
Proof?

Erik-Lensherr
Proof?

Of what ?

darthgoober
I'm using logic. Besides, neither of these 2 are contradicting the fact that both Anti-Monitor and Monitor wield the entire power of their respective Anti-Matter and Positive Matter realms which was the point of this discussion.
The fact that AM was nearly killed by Supergirl does...

darthgoober
Of what ?

Erik-Lensherr
The fact that AM was nearly killed by Supergirl does...

That's because she destroyed his outer shell but seriously, using that as evidence especially since Anti-Monitor has been shown to be vastly superior to Pre-Crisis Superman and a multitude of heroes is just.. erm

Erik-Lensherr

I already did ..

darthgoober
That's because she destroyed his outer shell but seriously, using that as evidence especially since Anti-Monitor has been shown to be vastly superior to Pre-Crisis Superman and a multitude of heroes is just.. erm
PC Supes was weakened in the Antimatter Universe, so AM beating him isn't that big of a feat. And other than PC Supes and Supergirl, I don't actually remember him fighting any heroes directly before he absorbed the AM universe. From what I remember, he sicked his Thunderer's on everyone else(though I can look if necessary).

I already did ..
No you didn't...

quanchi112
The monitor beats the holy jesus out of the team. He was the exact match for the AM until the balance was upset. People I already posted how the monitor and the am had the power of thier respective multiverses, or AM verse. I hate to dig up that drawn out thesis. You cant be serious. I mean show me some panel feats here to back up your case. The team would stomp one monitor. All the celestials would just eradicate this lone monitor.

Erik-Lensherr
Are you trying to imply that Supergirl or Pre-Crisis Superman under normal circumstances can beat the Anti-Monitor ? I already said why Supergirl almost destroyed the Anti-Monitor, and this still doesn't really prove anything.And yes, I already proved that both of them wield the power of their Anti and Positive Matter realms .. which nobody has really countered.

Shin_Nikkolas
So...the Monitor doesn't have the full power of a multiverse.

Galan and Goober, both who have read COIE and written on it quite a bit here, agree to that.

Nvr and Erik disagree.....

Man, a really hard choice who to believe here.

Bentley
Come on, the team eats the monitor horribly. This is a no contest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.