These Lyrics of Elton John say it all to me (Jack/Liz)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
Elton Johns famous song featured in the lion king. I know I keep bringing up similarities in this and PotC but IMO its the same kinda deal..

Simba is a rogue/drifter/vagabond..who was once a brave lion"prince" willing to make obligations to all who need him..something bad happened in his life and he turned to a way of life where her doesnt want to have responsibility because he is afraid of it. Until Nala comes back to him..and reminds him of how good love for someone can feel..these lyrics aren't in the movie itself.. but it was written for that very theme: "even rogue's, wanderers and voyagers need love to feel complete in life"...and it makes sense in their lives to embrace it..

Jack was once brave and over the years he has become afraid to let anyone close to him..something other than a P burn mark in his made him embrace a life where he doesnt have to take responsibility for anyone but himself..I'm sure of it lol

"There's a calm surrender to the rush of day
When the heat of the rolling world can be turned away
An enchanted moment, and it sees me through
It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

And can you feel the love tonight
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far
And can you feel the love tonight
How it's laid to rest
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best

There's a time for everyone if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn
There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors
When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours"

I think that last verse SAYS IT ALL

here's the link to his video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGDrV_2ehI

where someone said this:

"It's gorgeous, immaculate. How could it be more perfect or complete? It's what life's about; it's all that we live for and the most we could ever wish to attain in the time here we are given."

Jack/LIz..get together NOW!!! its the best kind of romance one can even hope to see on screen!

Sorry this post is pure cheese on my behalf..but I love cheese embarrasment

PirateDiva
YoU LoVe Cheese Too...OmG So Do I!!! LOL...I Love it and that last verse gave me CHILLS!!!

LovelyOne
OMG I KNOW!! I LOVE that last verse..its so true to Jack and Liz..it makes sense for Jack to finally except love in his life..it makes more sense for him to be with her than to be on his own by the end of the trilogy..why raise up the whole point that Jack is only brave when Liz is in his life..if he's just going to turn out the same old Jack..a coward

LOL its the same kind of emotional deal with Nala and Simba as it is with Jack/Liz..

Nala Knows he's a king inside but he's hiding away

and Simba is afraid to be with her because of what happened in his past..he doesn't want her to know about it..which In my opinion is something Jack is doing

Liz knows Jack is brave inside but he's hiding

Jack is trying to make out that the way of life he lives is great and that he doesnt need to make obligations..but his life is not great if he doesn't allow himself to be with someone..its so obvious lol

thats the only reason why we saw the brave Jack at the end of movie 2...it was because of her.

PirateDiva
He Learned something from her....he learned to be brave! and ur right he did it for her...to impress her...to get win her!!! so when she did screw him over he couldnt hate her...because he loved her!

LovelyOne
what she did to him only gave him more confidence.he loved it..Its what he loves about her..but they deleted that peas in a pod scene out of the original PotC 1..where he said he admires the fact she betrayed him..so he wont hate her..in fact me thinks he's going to be all the more SMITTEN with her when he comes back and Jack bing Jack will probably try to hide tht laughing out loud...IMO that betrayal on the beach is what was making him smitten with her from the very beginning of movie 2 "why is the rum always gone" was a callback to movie 1 where Liz did that to him..and its supposed to be a cue to tell us that he's got Liz on the brain..although it went over loads of peoples heads including mine embarrasment..Ted Elliot explained what was going on with him..he was thinking of Liz alot at the beginning of the movie then she came back into his life and he stats to feel complete IMO. His compass was pointing to her one second and then away the next..meaning he was afraid to make her an obligation in his life.

also..something else that goes over our heads..Jack had Liz on his mind when he left movie 1..had they left in the scene where Liz taught him that song..it would have been obvious that this man has been infatuated with her for over a year since he left her in port royal..

the script says {Jack stats to hum..he realizes what he's doing and smiles}

thinks of Lizzie and smiles big grin

even without that scene where she teaches him the song..it still shows us that he's thinking of their little time spent together on the beach..and the fact she betrayed him which he likes about her..he's found someone special in her IMO when he leaves that movie

PirateDiva
Wow never thought of it that way....it would make sense...i like it....see i knew it was a good idea to join KMC...insights i would have never thought of...thanks Lovely One! that puts the ending of Pirates 1 in a different persepective!!! He Loves her!!

Thats cute sooo it's like everytime he sees, smells, or drinks rum he thinks of Liz cause of that 1 night on the Beach!! Like they share a favorite drink...LOL!!

willofthewisp
That's a great way of putting it, diva. No wonder he can't forget about her since he drinks rum all the time!

LovelyOne
OMFG!!

aeeeppp!! I just realized something..kinda sorta kinda..OMG

I'm too excited to type it right now..but its to do with both characters and rum in the story..and how each one is depressed about the other not being there Jack at the beginning and Liz at the end..rum just CANT satisfy the yearning to be with the other..

and they have this whole history together with rum..it was ther closest moment in movie 1..getting drunk and having fun together

akanai
the rum is connecting people! wink more rum, gore verbinsky! more rum! (so.. more jack/liz wink)

Chiki Mina
i will need rum to drown myself if they decided to end it with jack with 2 whores and ending up with herpes.

akanai
yeah, me too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.