Uncle Sam vs. Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Uncle Sam is very, very unhappy with Iron Man and his Registration Act.

No PIS/CIS. No prep. Bloodlust on.

batdude123
Unky Sam pwns him.

badabing
I just bought the first 2 issues of Uncle Sam. Is it a good comic?

Validus
Originally posted by badabing
I just bought the first 2 issues of Uncle Sam. Is it a good comic?
Yes and the covers are sweet too.

newjak86
Wow Validus who makes these comics

Validus
Originally posted by newjak86
Wow Validus who makes these comics
Jimmy Palmiotti/Jusin Gray writing with Daniel Acuna on art. I recommend the book. big grin

newjak86
Originally posted by Validus
Jimmy Palmiotti/Jusin Gray writing with Daniel Acuna on art. I recommend the book. big grin Unfortunately I don't have the means to sad

Darth Vegas
Iron Man

batdude123
Uncle Sam.

Lucid Lui
Iron Man.

batdude123
Uncle Sam pwns him.

Lucid Lui
Iron Man pwns him.

Darth Vegas
Iron Man owns and pwns him simultaneously.

batdude123
Uncle Sam beats the shit out of Tony's drunken ass until he turns red, white, and blue with vodka pouring out of his veins. Now THAT is a pwning...

Lucid Lui
What does Sam actually bring to the table? Strength and invulnerability. Anything else? Whereabouts is he strength wise?

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by batdude123
Uncle Sam beats the shit out of Tony's drunken ass until he turns red, white, and blue with vodka pouring out of his veins. Now THAT is a pwning...

Seems like someone's got some underlying hatred towards Iron Man. embarrasment

Regardless, Iron Man wins.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
What does Sam actually bring to the table? Strength and invulnerability. Anything else? Whereabouts is he strength wise?
Strong enough to do this
http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00178dp.jpg
hurt black adam with his punches(it also shows him taking its from the likes of Cheetah, Black Adam and zoom with out getting Koed.
http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00289ib.jpg

Lucid Lui
Nothing there implies he could beat Iron man.

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Iron man wins every single time they ever fight... PERIOD!
Most people know that batdude123 is a complete and total idiot, with absolutely 0 real comic knowledge. Every one of your posts are laughable and should be taken into consideration as comic relief, And nothing more. I know the majority of us do.

stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69
Uncle Sam is very, very unhappy with Iron Man and his Registration Act.

No PIS/CIS. No prep. Bloodlust on.

That means Sam is fighting against the duly elected government of the United States... thereby fighting against the will of the people... when he tries to use his powers he explodes

stick out tongue

newjak86
I don't know taking shot from VIllians like those isn't a joke.

As well when your strong enough to knock Black Adam backwards then you got some strength to you.

Darth Martin
R we talking about the military because if we are IM gets killed.

Lucid Lui
I don't know taking shot from VIllians like those isn't a joke.

As well when your strong enough to knock Black Adam backwards then you got some strength to you. Yeah, but it's not like that's something Iron Man can't do.

Milkie
I don't see where Black Adam is in pain.

batdude123
Originally posted by Tony Stark
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Most people know that batdude123 is a complete and total idiot, with absolutely 0 real comic knowledge. Every one of your posts are laughable and should be taken into consideration as comic relief, And nothing more. I know the majority of us do.

stick out tongue

You're a funny guy, Stark. wink

Scoobless
Iron Man would kick his wrinkly old ass.... and steal his top hat to use as a place to keep finger snacks in at parties

smile

Tony Stark
You're a funny guy, Stark. wink

cool

I can be... no doubt about that. Although there was no joking done by me there. It's KMC common knowledge. wink

batdude123
cool

I can be... no doubt about that. Although there was no joking done by me there. It's KMC common knowledge. wink

This is even more hilarious coming from YOU. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tha C-Master
roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue Ouch.

batdude123
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Ouch.

If you honestly think I'd be hurt by some mentally retarded douche, then think again. erm

lando005
now now boys watch your tempers, besides uncle sam seems to be a cap rip off and ironman is a triator to his own kind

galan7777777
Unc Sam ftw

Scoobless
Originally posted by lando005
now now boys watch your tempers, besides uncle sam seems to be a cap rip off and ironman is a triator to his own kind

Iron Man is enforcing the laws of his country with the backing of his Government.... Cap is the traitor here

yes

Iron Man would pwn Uncle Sam

lando005
Originally posted by Scoobless
Iron Man is enforcing the laws of his country with the backing of his Government.... Cap is the traitor here

yes

Iron Man would pwn Uncle Sam
you call taking away someone's civil rights enforcing the law? ironman is a politican not a hero

Scoobless
you call taking away someone's civil rights enforcing the law?

In most cases... yes, unfortunately

And, yes, he used to be a politician (Secretary of Defence actually)

About the Civil rights thing though, that is a valid point... but so is people not wanting untrained/unsanctioned vigilantes putting their life and the lives of their loved ones in danger..... whatever way you look at it, the Stamford school would never have been destroyed if the New Warriors weren't there or didn't mess up a reasonably simple arrest

That's what makes Civil War such a good story... both sides have equally valid points... we sympathise with Cap, DD and Co because we know their characters... but to the average Joe on the street they are just violent men/women in masks and they don't want to leave their fate in the hands of these people without some guarantee that they are properly trained to deal with he situation

If your house was on fire, who would you want to see pulling up in a truck, a fully trained and equipped squad of firefighters? or a bunch of local guys with a hose and a couple of buckets who want to help but have never had the necessary training?

lando005
In most cases... yes, unfortunately

And, yes, he used to be a politician (Secretary of Defence actually)

About the Civil rights thing though, that is a valid point... but so is people not wanting untrained/unsanctioned vigilantes putting their life and the lives of their loved ones in danger..... whatever way you look at it, the Stamford school would never have been destroyed if the New Warriors weren't there or didn't mess up a reasonably simple arrest

That's what makes Civil War such a good story... both sides have equally valid points... we sympathise with Cap, DD and Co because we know their characters... but to the average Joe on the street they are just violent men/women in masks and they don't want to leave their fate in the hands of these people without some guarantee that they are properly trained to deal with he situation

If your house was on fire, who would you want to see pulling up in a truck, a fully trained and equipped squad of firefighters? or a bunch of local guys with a hose and a couple of buckets who want to help but have never had the necessary training?
I can see right now you and i are gonna have a long drawn out debat, i can understand where the goverment is comeing from but let's face it along with that training you recive comes limits there's the things your allowed to do and the things that your not allowed to do the people you let get away or the burning building that you do nothing about because it's "not part of your job" who's suppost to help thoes who suffered then? the ones who fell in the cracks? the thing is working with the system is good and all but ther are limits as to who the goverment would and wouldnt help. People like cap and dd they do what they do because nobody else would do it nobody else would be out there fighting for the little people that the goverment sometimes overlooks, we all know the police arent always there nether are the fire fighters so when you ask me if i would choose trained pros or some local helpers to save my house from a fire, well if thoes pros arent there then your damn right i'll pick the local guys because atleast somethings getting done in the mean time you shouldnt need a licence to tell you it's ok to save a life, if you have the power to do something then you should do it

Darth Martin
Who is Uncle Sam? confused

bigbran
Originally posted by Devil Lance
Strong enough to do this
http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00178dp.jpg
hurt black adam with his punches(it also shows him taking its from the likes of Cheetah, Black Adam and zoom with out getting Koed.
http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00289ib.jpg Where exactly does he "hurt" Black Adam?

newjak86
Originally posted by bigbran
Where exactly does he "hurt" Black Adam? The scan right before he gets blasted he appears to punch someone off panel with the boots of Black Adam

Devil Lance
Where exactly does he "hurt" Black Adam?

right before he gets blasted by Sinestro
its really not that hard to see roll eyes (sarcastic)

bigbran
Originally posted by Devil Lance
right before he gets blasted by Sinestro
its really not that hard to see roll eyes (sarcastic) I can see, but I see no proof that he "hurt him".
He might have knocked him away. But we've seen him get knocked away by SBP, and he didn't make a hurt noise.

As far as I'm concerned, all he did was punch him away.

newjak86
I can see, but I see no proof that he "hurt him".
He might have knocked him away. But we've seen him get knocked away by SBP, and he didn't make a hurt noise.

As far as I'm concerned, all he did was punch him away. Yeah but just knocking back a Supermna level character is quite impressive in its own right.

bigbran
Yeah but just knocking back a Supermna level character is quite impressive in its own right. Never said it wasn't.

Scoobless
Yeah but just knocking back a Supermna level character is quite impressive in its own right.

Not really... it's only a case of knocking away his body weight.... Spider-Man can throw the Hulk around but he doesn't hurt him when he punches him

Scoobless
I can see right now you and i are gonna have a long drawn out debat, i can understand where the goverment is comeing from but let's face it along with that training you recive comes limits there's the things your allowed to do and the things that your not allowed to do the people you let get away or the burning building that you do nothing about because it's "not part of your job" who's suppost to help thoes who suffered then? the ones who fell in the cracks? the thing is working with the system is good and all but ther are limits as to who the goverment would and wouldnt help. People like cap and dd they do what they do because nobody else would do it nobody else would be out there fighting for the little people that the goverment sometimes overlooks, we all know the police arent always there nether are the fire fighters so when you ask me if i would choose trained pros or some local helpers to save my house from a fire, well if thoes pros arent there then your damn right i'll pick the local guys because atleast somethings getting done in the mean time you shouldnt need a licence to tell you it's ok to save a life, if you have the power to do something then you should do it

The point is that once registered the 'heroes' would still be able to do all that ..... but this way they have others to fall back on if it goes wrong and a little extra responsibility since they wouldn't be anonymous.

lando005
The point is that once registered the 'heroes' would still be able to do all that ..... but this way they have others to fall back on if it goes wrong and a little extra responsibility since they wouldn't be anonymous.
the point is they r trying to say you cant go save lives without being licened...since when do you need a badge to help out your fellow man? theyve always had other heroes to fall back on and what happends to the poeple getting hurt in the mean time while they try to figure out which hero should respond to which villan

Juntai
Uncle Sam.
You can't arrest the Spirit of America.

SpunkySmurph
Would Uncle Sam be weakened due to harsh and opposed feelings over the Civil war? Don't his powers run on morale?

lando005
if that's the case he would be pro registration

Ultraman Baltan
Uncle Sam>Ironman

complexbrother
Uncle Sam makes a soup can outa Tony's armor. and sends the poor little rich man home crying.

I have te origional run of uncle sam books and the mini seried by Alex Ross. he has the strength, speed, of everyone in the americas territory .

Scoobless
Iron Man would kick his ass

smile

lando005
Iron Man would kick his ass

smile ironman is the goverment's lapdog so he wouldnt fight uncle sam in the first place

Scoobless
ironman is the goverment's lapdog so he wouldnt fight uncle sam in the first place

He would if Sam spilled his pint!

stick out tongue

lando005
He would if Sam spilled his pint!

stick out tongue no he wouldnt he'd get his presious hero licence revoked and ther goes that big fat paycheck for him

Scoobless
Nuh uh... it'd be Sam that was in the wrong if he fought Iron Man... Tony would be fine

newjak86
All I keep thinking about when I come in here is that this comic could have the greatest single one-liner/motto ever:

"Uncle Sam wants your @$$"

He then commences to beat down the bad guys.

lando005
Nuh uh... it'd be Sam that was in the wrong if he fought Iron Man... Tony would be fine hmmm i guess if bush could turn america against cap he could do it to uncle sam too

Scoobless
hmmm i guess if bush could turn america against cap he could do it to uncle sam too

Well... being the anti-christ has to have some perks

smile

lando005
i still say down with registration damn it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoobless
i still say down with registration damn it !!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think there are solid reasons for the people of Marvel Earth to support registration

stick out tongue

lando005
I still think there are solid reasons for the people of Marvel Earth to support registration

stick out tongue and i still think registration is wrong....guess i'll see you on the battlefield then

Darth Vegas
and i still think registration is wrong....guess i'll see you on the battlefield then

I'm with Iron Man.

Draco69
Like Bush, Iron Man had good ideas...he just executed them horribly. Making a killer clone, threatening the X-Men with genocide, beating his best "friend" to a pulp, creating an army of superhero clones, and employing the worst villains in history to hunt down and kill his former friends is not justice in any sense of the word.

Also hated the way they buried Goliath. A black man buried in a ditch and covered in chains. Oh yeah, Tony, you didn't mean nothing by that did ya?

lando005
Like Bush, Iron Man had good ideas...he just executed them horribly. Making a killer clone, threatening the X-Men with genocide, beating his best "friend" to a pulp, creating an army of superhero clones, and employing the worst villains in history to hunt down and kill his former friends is not justice in any sense of the word.

Also hated the way they buried Goliath. A black man buried in a ditch and covered in chains. Oh yeah, Tony, you didn't mean nothing by that did ya?
he's a madman and he must be stopped, you also left out the superhuman prison in the negative zone

lando005
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
I'm with Iron Man. i'm with cap

Scoobless

Cap has deserved a beating for a long time and you know it ... stick out tongue

There were chains on Goliath because he was too heavy to lower into the ground with the usual ropes

Draco69

There were chains on Goliath because he was too heavy to lower into the ground with the usual ropes

They didn't bother to take them off after they lowered him into the grave now did they?

And I refuse to believe the combined minds of Richards, Pym and Stark couldn't think of way to shrink him down to normal height.

My guess is that they simply didn't care.

Bastards....

lando005

There were chains on Goliath because he was too heavy to lower into the ground with the usual ropes Bill Foster deserved better than that how anyone on the pro registration side can look themselves in the mirror in the morning is beyond me

Scoobless
Bill Foster deserved better than that how anyone on the pro registration side can look themselves in the mirror in the morning is beyond me

It's not their fault that the unholy mockery of nordic mythology that they created, trained and armed went a little schizo and started killing random people..... embarrasment

lando005
It's not their fault that the unholy mockery of nordic mythology that they created, trained and armed went a little schizo and started killing random people..... embarrasment riiiiight dont you just love blind faith?

Tony Stark
They didn't bother to take them off after they lowered him into the grave now did they?

And I refuse to believe the combined minds of Richards, Pym and Stark couldn't think of way to shrink him down to normal height.

Bastards....

I didn't see any dirt on Bill did you? They just showed him in the grave not being buried...Yet. The cranes where still connected to the chains. Although it was very sad that Bill was killed. He was breaking the law and was using lethal force against the protectors of that law. Don't mess with the bull... You know the rest and so did Bill.

Scoobless
He was breaking the law and was using lethal force against the protectors of that law.

That's right!... they should have just thrown him in a ditch and set fire to him.... damn criminals

mad

lando005
I didn't see any dirt on Bill did you? They just showed him in the grave not being buried. The cranes where still connected to the chains. Although it was very sad that Bill was killed. He was breaking the law and was using lethal force against the protectors of that law. Don't mess with the bull... You know the rest and so did Bill.
he ws standing up for what he belived in and he died for what he belived in a hero like bill deserved better

Draco69
I didn't see any dirt on Bill did you? They just showed him in the grave not being buried...Yet. The cranes where still connected to the chains. Although it was very sad that Bill was killed. He was breaking the law and was using lethal force against the protectors of that law. Don't mess with the bull... You know the rest and so did Bill.

The crane was lifted and the chains were missing.

Bill WAS breaking the law...but he certainly wasn't using lethal force. None of them were. Except Clor...

Supporting Tony now is just ludicrous. He's making a superarmy of clones. His first clone is a murderer. He's employing villains to kill his friends. He turn the Sentinels against the X-Men in order to kill them all so they won't interfere even though they swore to stay out of it. And he's doing sidework with Hydra of all people.

Tony is out of his mind. erm

Draco69
he ws standing up for what he belived in and he died for what he belived in a hero like bill deserved better

He's the typical black martyr to echo the civil rights movement. Tony's going down..hard.

It's pretty obvious Marvel went of their way to make Tony the bad guy in every sense of the word.

He was fine...until he's cloning a killer army of superheroes and imprisoning heroes indefinitely in the Negative Zone.

All of this is just a jab at the Bush administration.

It was written by Mark Miller after all...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

lando005
That's right!... they should have just thrown him in a ditch and set fire to him.... damn criminals

mad we'll soon see about that there will be a reconing you traitor!!!

lando005
He's the typical black martyr to echo the civil rights movement. Tony's going down..hard.

It's pretty obvious Marvel went of their way to make Tony the bad guy in every sense of the word.

He was fine...until he's cloning a killer army of superheroes and imprisoning heroes indefinitely in the Negative Zone.

All of this is just a jab at the Bush administration.

It was written by Mark Miller after all...

roll eyes (sarcastic) ironman IS the bush of marvel

Darth Vegas

Bastards....

HA HA!!

Not in their eyes. If you're not with the govt. on this issue, then you're against them. Bill was anti-reg and anti-reg are all the same: criminals and renegades in the eyes of the govt.

He got what he deserved. He was lucky that they even put him in the ground and gave him some semblance of a funeral.

Draco69

Not in their eyes. If you're not with the govt. on this issue, then you're against them. Bill was anti-reg and anti-reg are all the same: criminals and renegades in the eyes of the govt.

He got what he deserved. He was lucky that they even put him in the ground and gave him some semblance of a funeral.

Quite the Nazi streak you got in ya mate...

confused

lando005
HA HA!!

He got what he deserved. He was lucky that they even put him in the ground and gave him some semblance of a funeral. sure that's your answer destroy what you cant control .....commie bastards

Darth Vegas
sure that's your answer destroy what you cant control .....commie bastards

I always knew that Tony Stark would make a great villain and this whole Civil War just confirms it. I love it.

Draco69
I always knew that Tony Stark would make a great villain and this whole Civil War just confirms it. I love it.

Meh. Been there done that. Hell, his teenage self had to go to the future (present) to stop his evil older self...

He's been evil like a gajillion times in Marvel History...

Reed Richard is the surprise in my opinion.

Hank Pym is an ass in every universe of the multiverse....ask the Exiles....

Scoobless

laughing

Scoobless
Bill WAS breaking the law...but he certainly wasn't using lethal force. None of them were. Except Clor...

You have to admit though... after seeing the sort of mood "Thor" was in... and after what he'd done to Hercules... Bill was a f**king moron to challenge him to a fight

smile

Draco69
You have to admit though... after seeing the sort of mood "Thor" was in... and after what he'd done to Hercules... Bill was a f**king moron to challenge him to a fight

smile

Yes. He was. There some perfectly good people to just step on. He should have left Clor to Hercules or even Vision.

If Hercules can fight the real Thor to a standstill....

Darth Vegas
Meh. Been there done that....

He's been evil like a gajillion times in Marvel History...

Yeah, but never insidiously, unscrupulous bastard evil.

And I like it.

All the other times that he was evil didn't pique my interest as he has now.

Darth Vegas
Quite the Nazi streak you got in ya mate...

confused

I take extreme offense to that. mad

I'm no racist nor am I a proponent for the mass genocide of an entire race or religious group.

But I'm all for fascism. wink

Scoobless
Genocide in the name of peace.... ninjathumb

lando005
Genocide in the name of peace.... ninjathumb your all going down ya here me all of ya

Tony Stark
The crane was lifted and the chains were missing.

Supporting Tony now is just ludicrous. He's making a superarmy of clones. His first clone is a murderer. He's employing villains to kill his friends. He turn the Sentinels against the X-Men in order to kill them all so they won't interfere even though they swore to stay out of it. And he's doing sidework with Hydra of all people.

Tony is out of his mind. erm

confused

If your going to hate and ridicule Tony then you've also gotta hate Reed and Henry and Sampson because they all have been working together every step of the way... cloning included.

stick out tongue

Accel
It's pretty worked out so every one on the Pro-Reg side is an ass.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Accel
It's pretty worked out so every one on the Pro-Reg side is an ass.

'Cept for Spidey

lando005
confused

If your going to hate and ridicule Tony then you've also gotta hate Reed and Henry and Sampson because they all have been working together every step of the way... cloning included.

stick out tongue
oh dont worry their all on my hit list...except reed i'll wait for sue to divorce him and hook up with her that'll show em

Darth Vegas
oh dont worry their all on my hit list...

Relax.

It's a freakin' comic book for pete's sake. I get so sick of people saying how much they hate and despise Iron Man. Why get so riled up over some characters in some stupid story arc? It's not like they did anything to you personally.

Geez.

Scoobless
Relax.

It's a freakin' comic book for pete's sake. I get so sick of people saying how much they hate and despise Iron Man. Why get so riled up over some characters in some stupid story arc? It's not like they did anything to you personally.

Geez.

A good story will get people to to relate with the characters and even develop some form of emotional attachment.... if you feel nothing for the characters then you're not really enjoying the story

Sixth_Winged
If only U.Sam have anything to combat Ironman's outrageous versatility advantages here in an open area(flight and setting would help), the fight might end up like Namor's pwnage of Stark. However he doesn't and Sonics, Repulsor blasts and other whatnot would tip the edge to Current Extremis Ironman.

lando005
Relax.

Geez. i am relaxed i'm only joking

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
If only U.Sam have anything to combat Ironman's outrageous versatility advantages here in an open area(flight and setting would help), the fight might end up like Namor's pwnage of Stark. However he doesn't and Sonics, Repulsor blasts and other whatnot would tip the edge to Current Extremis Ironman.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Namor has really only owned IM underwater... although IM has also beaten Namor underwater too. Namor and IM have not fought since the EXTREMIS upgrade. And I don't think Namor is going to want to anytime soon.

wink

Sixth_Winged
I don't know why you're using the rolleyes smiley for considering a 1 to 1 record isn't really that much to get big for.

And AFAIK the illuminati one-shot took place after the upgrade and until now has some visible flaws like getting owned by EM weapons twice and having no consistency in strength level and speed.

And you're thumbnail's just that..... thumbnail. Even after clicking it.

Scoobless
And AFAIK the illuminati one-shot took place after the upgrade

I think it was before Extremis

Tony Stark
I don't know why you're using the rolleyes smiley for considering a 1 to 1 record isn't really that much to get big for.

And AFAIK the illuminati one-shot took place after the upgrade and until now has some visible flaws like getting owned by EM weapons twice and having no consistency in strength level and speed.

And you're thumbnail's just that..... thumbnail. Even after clicking it.

Uh... No it's common knowledge it was before EXTREMIS.

And my thumbnail opens just fine for me.

wink

Innerhype

No thinking needed, it WAS before Extremis.

Sixth_Winged

Well i might be wrong but i really can't tell for sure. Wasn't his thinking affected somehow by the nanotechs, probably jumpstart the whole CW thing. Good thing at least he acknowledges the upgrades based on the new handbook that came out recently. Says there he's class 90 now(prob base)

the one that preceeded the new one perhaps? Ya know, not the cover?

newyorkcares
That means Sam is fighting against the duly elected government of the United States... thereby fighting against the will of the people... when he tries to use his powers he explodes

stick out tongue
That is true provided that the majority of the people actually support the act. I read CW#1 a long time ago, so I sorta dont remember what the general concensus was. But I think even with reduced strength and invulnerability, Uncle Sam could take Iron Man in a long ,bloody and damn good fight.

p.s. does his power have anything to do with the presidents approval rating?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.