There is Another....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
After seeing Epi.V who were you expecting the "other" to be? I personally thought it was Han. After all we did see him use a saber. Wouldn't it have been great to see Han and Luke fighting agaist the forces of evil together with lightsabers?

Darth Daft
Well that would certainly be a great surprise, but I don't think it would suit Han at all.

Gundark
Well, besides Leia, at that point in the timeline, Vader was the only other "Skywalker" besides Luke. If Leia hadn't been Luke's sister, maybe Yoda could have been referring to Vader (as Anakin) to turn back to the good side in order to axe the emporer. Remember, its only a certain point of view.

theEviljedi
Good point Gundark.

Jedimaster3838
I would have thought Lando. He was a character that was just introduced and played a pretty important role.

Gundark
I think Lando was too rogue-ish in style to be force-sensitive, although you never know what GL is gonna throw at us. Do I have to mention midi-chlorians again ? Yeesh.

theEviljedi
I think he was kiddng, Gundie. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Daft
Plus Lando was black, so it's not like he could be that close a relation to Luke.

Perhaps.......Chewie!

JediOasis
Why would they have to be related?

theEviljedi
You never know, Luke could have had a black mommy...and the voice of Vader was that of a black man.

Dim
EJ, where in the world did that come from?

I think JO has a point. Luke and the "other" didn't necessarily need to be related.

Ratcat
Blond hair, blue eyes, soft lightly tanned complection. Well EJ, I can certainly see the afro-genetic influences there!!!

theEviljedi
laughing out loud I was kidding people. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Well, yeah, obviously......no expression

queeq
Haha, great... joke... haha.

Zareil
Well In Dark Empire Leia becomes a Jedi, and in the expanded galaxy there is more than just anothe theres loads of them, but besides that why does the other have to have already be seen in the movie, it could be someone yet to be revealed, why not Mara Jade. OR some other new character?

JediOasis
The more I think about it the more I think they had to be related. From what we now know based on EP1 only another Skywalker would have been powerful enough to defeat Vader and the Emperor.

Zareil
However, how is it to be so certain that in saying there is another that this is what it refers to. Maybe it wasn't Vaders demise they sought but his salvation. Admittedly your theory is probably correct and as already obviously highlighted it is most likely Leia on the grounds that GL seems to like linkage between the characters and she had just also ben declared as Lukes sister. Its just nice to think about it really. Theorising is always subjective even when relating to an objective factor. As such in the end of the day it just helps pass time.

Ushgarak
Yeah.

Actually, I can't quite make sense of that one.

Zareil
More or less I was saying that in general I agree that it is probably another potential Jedi who could take Vader down. I also see it likely to be family member and as such probably Leia. What I was saying was however that it could equally be taken to mean - there is another...way. Or it may been another who they could rely on to do the job who wasn't jedi. This I know however is highly unlikely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.