Gamemaker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy_shadow
i found this a few years ago, and just remembered it..out of the blue, i think i'm going to learn it up again. the cool thing about it, is it requires no C++ or other coding knowledge. BUT, if you wan't 3d game making, or advanced commands, you have to know some code called GML...

but hell i think this things pretty cool, i enjoy myself with it. just wish you could change your file names to some kind of java or something so you can put it on websites...

MadMel
i used it to make one of my assignments at school..big grin
sweet program..

Barker
http://www.gamemaker.nl/

?

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Barker
http://www.gamemaker.nl/

? thanks, just raelized i forgot to post the website ROFL

Lana

I think I'll need to play with that one day...

MadMel
its a good program big grin..

crazy_shadow
yeah do any of you know where i could get a tutorial so i can learn the GML...i'd like to learn that droolio

MadMel
its should be at the official site erm..
in other news *shuffles papers*, im making a new game right now (thank god for the holidays big grin), based off jacopX's rpg (with his permission of course big grin)..

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by MadMel
its should be at the official site erm..
in other news *shuffles papers*, im making a new game right now (thank god for the holidays big grin), based off jacopX's rpg (with his permission of course big grin).. i was searching the site but couldn't find anything on it...the things under tutorials just teach the basics of what the buttons do, which i understand. but it'd be better to know more with gml so i could actually code some things to do what they don't have on there...i wanted to make an rpg game, but not the same fighting style...kind of like zelda style

MadMel
cant help you there, in fact, i might need help from you erm

crazy_shadow
cant help you there, in fact, i might need help from you erm what help ? stick out tongue

MadMel
a lot of stuff..
im making a game based off jacopX's rp-Ultimate Hero, once he gives me permission big grin..
i need sprites to match all the characters (so far, absolutely no luck for me sad ), backgrounds that look at least something close to what the locations in the rp are (forest, trashed city, hell), and a load of other things...im gonna be a busy bug over the holidays...thank god for these 2 weeks of no school big grin..

crazy_shadow
a lot of stuff..
im making a game based off jacopX's rp-Ultimate Hero, once he gives me permission big grin..
i need sprites to match all the characters (so far, absolutely no luck for me sad ), backgrounds that look at least something close to what the locations in the rp are (forest, trashed city, hell), and a load of other things...im gonna be a busy bug over the holidays...thank god for these 2 weeks of no school big grin.. 2 weeks eek! LUCKY

crazy_shadow
k no one in the gamemaker threads will reply with an honest answer so HOPEFULLY someone here who has experience /w gamemaker gml will know...

i have an 8 directional isometric character, he walks and attacks perfectly as i wanted. now i need an enemy. so i made the skeleton. i got the code in to where he will follow the player if you get to a certain distance from him. the problem is, how can i make it to where he faces northeast if the player is northeast, north if the player is north, etc.

i want him to follow the player in an isometric direction instead of ALWAYS facing down.

MadMel
cant help erm..
is this a top down, diablo style game??

crazy_shadow
cant help erm..
is this a top down, diablo style game?? SI SENOR stick out tongue

MadMel
cool...

crazy_shadow
there's like no hope in getting this monster chase type thing to work. i've looked ALL over those forums and found nothing...

MadMel
you wouldnt happen to be 'vinheim3' would you stick out tongue..
EDIT - no i see you, sorry big grin..

SpadeKing
only thing I did right on this thing was making sprites erm I have a bear with its brain sticking out of his head.

other than that I don't know what I'm doing

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by SpadeKing
only thing I did right on this thing was making sprites erm I have a bear with its brain sticking out of his head.

other than that I don't know what I'm doing LOL, look over some of the tutorials on the homepage, laern how to use the functions

SpadeKing
My comp keeps freezing on that page for some reason messed

SpadeKing

MadMel
ur pc sux stick out tongue..

SpadeKing
gees thx ermm

now everytime I try to watch a video it automatically try to opens with Gamemaker without asking does it have a virus or something in it?

crazy_shadow
lol no not a virus...just when you go to the video, right click, open with... , then open it with whatever video player you always watch it with. oh yeah make sure the "always open with this" is checked

MadMel
Originally posted by SpadeKing
gees thx ermm
no problem..stick out tongue...

crazy_shadow
i stopped my isometric game for a while, and started on a very simple above view game wink

MadMel
i wanna remake blood omen, since you cant buy it anymore stick out tongue
ive still got a few animation glitches for my current game...i also need help with making scripts..PM me..

crazy_shadow
i wanna remake blood omen, since you cant buy it anymore stick out tongue
ive still got a few animation glitches for my current game...i also need help with making scripts..PM me.. you cant buy it anymore!?!? WHY>?

MadMel
*shrugs*..doesnt show up anywhere online, and its too old to be in shops..
edit - found it at amazon.com, but i dont like that site..
anyway, defiance should be here tomorrow, so it can wait...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.