Molly Hayes vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/0504_RUNAWY015.jpg/225px-0504_RUNAWY015.jpg
Molly Hayes, aka Bruiser aka Princess Powerful, after sleeping for 24 hours straight, so she won't get sleepy for the duration, and having 6 triple shot espressos, thus heavily caffeinated.

vs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b3/Secretwarcap.jpg/225px-Secretwarcap.jpg
Captain America

1. With shield.
2. Without shield.

Lucid Lui
Molly's freaking strong when caffeinated, as seen in the recent issue.

But i don't see her beating Cap.

Validus
She's not beating Cap unless she takes him by surprise like she did Wolverine.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Molly's freaking strong when caffeinated, as seen in the recent issue.

But i don't see her beating Cap. http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1108/runawaysv202016rl9.th.jpghttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/948/runawaysv202017lp7.th.jpghttp://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3363/runawaysv202018ha5.th.jpg

True. She's probably a tad on the slow side. Then again though, playing D.A., what does Cap do to win.

Validus
Yet another character stronger than Thing...

xmarksthespot
Yeh that was what basically the first thought that came to mind when I first saw it.

Validus
Great minds, X. Great minds.

xmarksthespot
Indeed.

So given her prodigious strength when she's high on caffeine, and her invulnerability, what can Cap do to win?

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
Yet another character stronger than Thing...

Oh please roll eyes (sarcastic)

Molly is cool and whatnot but she I doubt she is above 50 tons no expression

Validus
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Indeed.

So given her prodigious strength when she's high on caffeine, and her invulnerability, what can Cap do to win?
Unleash his planet destroying jobber aura (i.e. uber martial arts).

Originally posted by Grimm22
Oh please roll eyes (sarcastic)

Molly is cool and whatnot but she I doubt she is above 50 tons no expression
Hurts doesn't it?

Grimm22
Yeh that was what basically the first thought that came to mind when I first saw it.

ranting

Grimm22
Cap wins this with his sheild wink

Molly hasnt shown to be immune to pressure points and whatnot

Grimm22
Unleash his planet destroying jobber aura (i.e. uber martial arts).

Hurts doesn't it?

Once again if I wasnt so sure you were joking I might be mad kwasny

xmarksthespot
The thing's the size of a skyscraper. It weighs far more than 50 tons.
Unleash his planet destroying jobber aura (i.e. uber martial arts). Her invulnerability is psionic and therefore probably forcefield based. Piledriver's son who I'm assuming had ~cl10 strength broke his enchanted shovel on her head.

Validus
Once again if I wasnt so sure you were joking I might be mad kwasny
That's definitely a feat beyond Class 50. Plus, Thing just had trouble lifting that Iron Man bot that weighed 67 tons I believe. rolling on floor laughing

Metalmanx
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/0504_RUNAWY015.jpg/225px-0504_RUNAWY015.jpg
Molly Hayes, aka Bruiser aka Princess Powerful, after sleeping for 24 hours straight, so she won't get sleepy for the duration, and having 6 triple shot espressos, thus heavily caffeinated.

Who? confused

I feel like I should know this character.

Validus
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Who? confused

I feel like I should know this character.
Well you should be reading Runaways. Marvel's best book in my most humble of opinions.

Grimm22
That's definitely a feat beyond Class 50. Plus, Thing just had trouble lifting that Iron Man bot that weighed 67 tons I believe. rolling on floor laughing

Oh please no expression

That thing was 100 tons at least

Besides the same Iron Man bot that completely owned Wolverine big grin

Grimm22
Well you should be reading Runaways. Marvel's best book in my most humble of opinions.

Its not the best right now erm

The art isnt nearly as good as it used to be and the current story is kind of iffy

Validus
Oh please no expression

That thing was 100 tons at least

Besides the same Iron Man bot that completely owned Wolverine big grin
Tony stated it's weight on panel as 60-some tons. No arguing with that. smokin'

Grimm22
Tony stated it's weight on panel as 60-some tons. No arguing with that. smokin'

Well then the writer messed up no expression

I donno erm

Considering Ben has lifted FAR FAR FAR heavier things without stressing over it in the least bit im going to say thats crap.

Now get back on topic! mad

xmarksthespot
Well then the writer messed up no expression Nah, seems about right to me.

Grimm22
Nah, seems about right to me.

So he has trouble lifting 60 tons, but has picked up over 90 tons without showing any signs of extreme effort no expression

Soljer
Nah, seems about right to me.

Thing being 70 ish tons? Tops?

Yeah, that's the sound of the nail being hit on the head.

Metalmanx
Ooooh. The little girl with super-strength in Runaways? Okay, I know who you're talking about now. I just forgot her name. stick out tongue

Validus
So he has trouble lifting 60 tons, but has picked up over 90 tons without showing any signs of extreme effort no expression
Typo. They meant 90lbs.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Soljer
Thing being 70 ish tons? Tops?

Yeah, that's the sound of the nail being hit on the head.

Sure if you completely ignore everything he has ever done and show complete ignorance towards the character

Soljer
Sure if you completely ignore everything he has ever done and show complete ignorange towards the character

Ignorange? What does citrus fruit have to do with anything? big grin

Validus
Sure if you completely ignore everything he has ever done and show complete ignorange towards the character
I think it's pretty clear Thing has been depowered to Class 70.

xmarksthespot
Sure if you completely ignore everything he has ever done and show complete ignorance towards the character I don't see why you're arguing so vehemently over 20 tons. I suppose every penny counts when you're poor. 70 or 90 a doped up Molly still kicks him into the crapper.

Grimm22
Ignorange? What does citrus fruit have to do with anything? big grin

Bah fixed glare

thedude1948
Thing can lift at least 85+ tons......

Molly can probably pull a win or two off of Cap when he doesnt have a shield. But I dont see her getting anymore.

Grimm22
I think it's pretty clear Thing has been depowered to Class 70.

blowuprantingraygun

Alfheim
How strong is she? How invulnerable is she....this also might be a spite thread........................again.

xmarksthespot
She's strong, very strong, when jacked up on caffeine. See above.

And relatively invulnerable.
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9995/runawaysv20012005mendaxdcp07lq0.th.jpg
She tends to just get sleepy, rather than actually being injured.

But she's still a twelve year old girl.

Alfheim
relatively invulnerable....*sigh* Cant really see her beating cap. That Shovel may have been enchanted but we dont know how tough that is.

Do you know for certain that she has a forecfield that protects her.?

xmarksthespot
I know that her powers are psionically based rather than purely physically based.

Alfheim
Cap's prescibed powers is to be able to hurt people with superhuman strength, that does not mean that there is no limit. He has been able to hurt Mr Hyde on a regular basis. He can only annoy class 100s.

So do you know if she has a forecfield?

xmarksthespot
I know that her powers are psionically based rather than purely physically based. no expression She's the size and density of an ordinary 12 year old girl.

Alfheim
Well marvel.com, does not say that she has psionic powers, but other bios inidicate that she must have psionic powers. All the evidence indicates psionic. Captain America is not prescribed to punch through forcefields. The only way he can beat her is by dodging her until she gets tired, and I dont know how her stamina is.

xmarksthespot
The basis of her powers being psionic is heavily implied in that both her parents are telepaths, in most ways she's an ordinary girl, size, weight, physiology etc. and when her powers are used her eyes glow and at times an aura has been depicted around her body, akin to when psionics use their abilities.

Alfheim
The basis of her powers being psionic is heavily implied in that both her parents are telepaths, in most ways she's an ordinary girl, size, weight, physiology etc. and when her powers are used her eyes glow and at times an aura has been depicted around her body, akin to when psionics use their abilities.

Yes okay I got that I agree with you. How is her stamina, can she fight for hours?

Alfheim
If she cant fight for hours Cap will dodge her until the cows come home and then knock her out. He did this to D-man when he was given 80 + strength he simply dodged him until he became overloaded and D-man passsed out.

Cap can win this way 10/10

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Alfheim
If she cant fight for hours Cap will dodge her until the cows come home and then knock her out. He did this to D-man when he was given 80 + strength he simply dodged him until he became overloaded and D-man passsed out.

Cap can win this way 10/10

Why would she go after him when it's HE that has to find a way to put HER down? I mean really, she can just stand there, easily take his punishment, and then wait for Cap to leave himself open for an attack.

And with her strength, one good solid blow will quickly turn the tide of the match in her favor.

Alfheim
Why would she go after him when it's HE that has to find a way to put HER down? I mean really, she can just stand there, easily take his punishment, and then wait for Cap to leave himself open for an attack.

And with her strength, one good solid blow will quickly turn the tide of the match in her favor.

Does Molly Hayes, have lots of fighting experience is there anything to indicate that some one of her age is that smart...or would she behave like the average 12 year old and go after Cap.

Even if she lets Cap attack her what are the chances of her hitting him? What fighting experience or skill does she have? The chances are 9 times out of ten she will not him unless she gets really lucky.

She does not have fighting skill of an enraged D-man who did not tag Cap once, and you think she is going to be able to tag Cap.

xmarksthespot
She's a twelve year old. She's not a twelve year old Forrest Gump. no expression

Alfheim
She's a twelve year old. She's not a twelve year old Forrest Gump. no expression

What has Forest Gump have to do with anything? She is a twelve year old. She is going to fight like a twelve year old with little fighting experience i e punch and kick and shes not fast either. Shes not going to tag Cap.

xmarksthespot
I.e. she's a twelve year old but she isn't a retard.

If she knows she can't be hurt she doesn't need to do anything.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4364/molfo8.th.jpg

Alfheim
I.e. she's a twelve year old but she isn't a retard.

If she knows she can't be hurt she doesn't need to do anything.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4364/molfo8.th.jpg

Well is Cap a retard is he going to attack someone he knows cant be hurt?

xmarksthespot
Well is Cap a retard is he going to attack someone he knows cant be hurt? You tell me? If you say someone can win 10/10 then come up with a viable option for them to.

Alfheim
Well ok then Molly is not a retard but she is still a 12 year old. Cap is a genuis at strategy, he will have to goad her into a fight....or he does not even have to do that.

If Cap wants to he can just sit there all day. A twelve year old regardless of wether they cannot get hurt or not is not going to wait an hour or maybe 2, the twelve year old will get fed up and attack Cap.

Cap has basic knowledge of Molly he can goad her. As far as I know she is a runaway, Cap could insult her about being homeless and being a reject. Molly will not give a damn wether she is invulnerable or not and will try to smash Caps face in.

The chances are he can goad her into a fight. Since her powers are pisonically based he can also mess with her head and lower her confidence and therefore lower her power like Gladiator.

Cap: Whats the matter can you hit me? You're useless! I tell you what I'll even show me chin...here it is....

*she misses gets more pissed off and frustrated*

Alfheim
Cap: Whats the matter you cant dent a round piece of metal...I thought you had super strength....looks like you dont...

*Molly loses confidence*

*POW*

Metalmanx
Well ok then Molly is not a retard but she is still a 12 year old. Cap is a genuis at strategy, he will have to goad her into a fight....or he does not even have to do that.

If Cap wants to he can just sit there all day. A twelve year old regardless of wether they cannot get hurt or not is not going to wait an hour or maybe 2, the twelve year old will get fed up and attack Cap.

Cap has basic knowledge of Molly he can goad her. As far as I know she is a runaway, Cap could insult her about being homeless and being a reject. Molly will not give a damn wether she is invulnerable or not and will try to smash Caps face in.

The chances are he can goad her into a fight. Since her powers are pisonically based he can also mess with her head and lower her confidence and therefore lower her power like Gladiator.

Cap: Whats the matter can you hit me? You're useless! I tell you what I'll even show me chin...here it is....

*she misses gets more pissed off and frustrated*

First off...you're TOTALLY making an ambiguous assumption about her powers (like that alliteration there?). You don't know at all if they work that way. For all you know, she could get stronger and even more invulnerable the more frustrated she gets.

Secondly. You're really playing the immaturity card? What the f**k?

KMC rules state that each opponent will fight to the best of his or her ability. While that doesn't mean that Molly will instantly become Batman with her fighting skills, but she's not gonna be easily goaded like an infant with candy. She's twelve. I dunno how you were when you were twelve, but I was pretty aware of things at that age. At twelve, one is not easily frustrated with those methods. Low grades, bad social skills perhaps...but not in the way you mentioned.

Using your logic, this can only be a stalemate. Molly won't be able to touch Cap. Cap can't hurt Molly. Stalemate.

Alfheim
First off...you're TOTALLY making an ambiguous assumption about her powers (like that alliteration there?). You don't know at all if they work that way. For all you know, she could get stronger and even more invulnerable the more frustrated she gets.

Her powers are psionic go and look through the evidence. Even she gets even madder and invulnerable it doent matter. She does not have super speed and there is not evidence to indicate she can fight for hours.

KMC rules state that each opponent will fight to the best of his or her ability. While that doesn't mean that Molly will instantly become Batman with her fighting skills, but she's not gonna be easily goaded like an infant with candy. She's twelve. I dunno how you were when you were twelve, but I was pretty aware of things at that age. At twelve, one is not easily frustrated with those methods. Low grades, bad social skills perhaps...but not in the way you mentioned.

Look she is a twelve year old, she maybe smart but she is still twelve and he is a genuis at strategy are you trying to tell me that he cant trick her? Are you trying to tell me that for example if I took the piss out of your low grades and social skills you wouldnt get pissed off? Your average 12 year old would sit there for ok lets say 2HOURS while getting insulted would just sit there?

Using your logic, this can only be a stalemate. Molly won't be able to touch Cap. Cap can't hurt Molly. Stalemate.

Er no.

If the worst comes to the worst who can survive the longest without food?

Metalmanx
Her powers are psionic go and look through the evidence. Even she gets even madder and invulnerable it doent matter. She does not have super speed and there is not evidence to indicate she can fight for hours.

Look she is a twelve year old, she maybe smart but she is still twelve and he is a genuis at strategy are you trying to tell me that he cant trick her? Are you trying to tell me that for example if I took the piss out of your low grades and social skills you wouldnt get pissed off? Your average 12 year old would sit there for ok lets say 2HOURS while getting insulted would just sit there?

Er no.

If the worst comes to the worst who can survive the longest without food?

Those kinds of parameters are excluded from these matches. Otherwise I could use the argument:

"Who will have to use the bathroom first? Cap will have to use the bathroom first, giving Molly the win!"

Do you see now why that kind of logic can't be used?

Yes, I see that her powers are psionic. But you have no proof that she gets weaker when frustrated. Like I said, she very well could get stronger. And we don't yet know the extent of her endurance.

And I never said she was a battle strategist. Just that she's not an infant. I think she's well aware of her situation in life right now (especially having run away with the others, she's had to grow up a lot in a very short amount of time), which would really make her even more alert to any sort of scheme Cap has for her. I mean, when you've become part of a superhero team (of sorts), you tend to gain a little more wisdom in the aspect of fighting.

That's like saying a young Robin will be easily tricked using his immaturity against him. No. He's been trained and has loads of experience to let him know not to fall for childish tricks.

While not having training, she has enough experience now to realize she's being tricked.

That said, unless you can prove otherwise, I vote Stalemate.

Grimm22
Honestly, I think BKV did a poor job with that fight with the Wrecking Crew.

Cool idea, but the wrecking crew isnt even around anymore are they?!?

Even if they are Wrecker would own the runaways on his own

Lucid Lui
Isn't the whole thing with the Wrecking Crew that their power is spread throughout the whole team? Wrecker by himself has full power and is therefore much more formidable, but when the team's together the power is split between them.

Grimm22
I heard that current wrecker is at full power no matter what.

I mean he completely owned the NA on his own, so I would assume so

Alfheim
Those kinds of parameters are excluded from these matches. Otherwise I could use the argument:

"Who will have to use the bathroom first? Cap will have to use the bathroom first, giving Molly the win!"

Do you see now why that kind of logic can't be used?

No it depends on the parameters set by the thread creator. Some people have created threads were two people are locked in an adamantium room. OK it does not apply to this case because it was not specified by the thread creator, so we can assume it takes place somewhere in New York

Yes, I see that her powers are psionic. But you have no proof that she gets weaker when frustrated.

I never said she did.

Like I said, she very well could get stronger.

That does not matter she is not fast enough to hit Cap.

And we don't yet know the extent of her endurance.

Yeah we do actually. I have been reading her bio, this changes alot of stuff.

And I never said she was a battle strategist. Just that she's not an infant. I think she's well aware of her situation in life right now (especially having run away with the others, she's had to grow up a lot in a very short amount of time), which would really make her even more alert to any sort of scheme Cap has for her. I mean, when you've become part of a superhero team (of sorts), you tend to gain a little more wisdom in the aspect of fighting.

Yeah but Cap is still smarter and has vastly more experience.

That's like saying a young Robin will be easily tricked using his immaturity against him. No. He's been trained and has loads of experience to let him know not to fall for childish tricks.

Ok true, but Batman will outsmart Robin.

While not having training, she has enough experience now to realize she's being tricked.

Ok but the chances are that Cap can still trick her and outsmart her, but not as easily.

That said, unless you can prove otherwise, I vote Stalemate.

Molly Hayes

Initially, Molly would become extremely tired after she used her strength and often fell asleep following fights. She is now capable of using her powers for extended periods of time without requiring sleep afterwards, but she still needs to rest.

Now I know this information she is going to have to attack Cap, because if she does not he will. The reason for this is because he well want her to use her powers in order for her to get tired. It is unlikely that she will be able to tag Cap an when she gets exhausted its curtains. He also does not to attack her with punches and kicks he can trow his shield or even throw stuff at her as long as she activates her powers.

DarkCrawler
I like Molly and all, and I absolutely love Runaways, but there is no way she would beat Cap.

Even though Cap is outclassed in strenght, he is WAY too fast to get his by a 12 year old. Seriously, I think he could dodge her his eyes closed. Literally. He's dodged stuff thrown by Bullseye while being blind. Man, I could probably dodge her for at least an hour. Now, Cap can't tire because of the serum. He'd either dodge her each blow, or just block them with his shield.

But she is durable. So, unless this is in city setting, Cap can't really hurt her.

So, 5/10 to both.

xmarksthespot
Initially, Molly would become extremely tired after she used her strength and often fell asleep following fights. She is now capable of using her powers for extended periods of time without requiring sleep afterwards, but she still needs to rest.

Now I know this information she is going to have to attack Cap, because if she does not he will. The reason for this is because he well want her to use her powers in order for her to get tired. It is unlikely that she will be able to tag Cap an when she gets exhausted its curtains. He also does not to attack her with punches and kicks he can trow his shield or even throw stuff at her as long as she activates her powers. My OP: "Molly Hayes, aka Bruiser aka Princess Powerful, after sleeping for 24 hours straight, so she won't get sleepy for the duration, and having 6 triple shot espressos, thus heavily caffeinated."

SpunkySmurph
If Molly wins, it'll happen early on. Cap will give her a light hit (he's hitting a twelve-year-old girl after all), and she'll surprise him by quickly smacking him with a VERY strong blow.

King KAM
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
If Molly wins, it'll happen early on. Cap will give her a light hit (he's hitting a twelve-year-old girl after all), and she'll surprise him by quickly smacking him with a VERY strong blow. forum rules...they both know about each others powers.

ExtraMision5555
Does Kitty Pride really time travel in X-men 143? someone made a reference to it on a show on NBC< and i wonder if its actually true. that new show "heros"

Metalmanx
Question. Is Molly vulnerable when she sleeps?

If she's not, then it's still a Stalemate. Cap can wail on her all he wants even while sleeping, but if she's still invulnerable, then what good will it do?

King KAM

If she's not, then it's still a Stalemate. Cap can wail on her all he wants even while sleeping, but if she's still invulnerable, then what good will it do? he would just choke her out

Metalmanx
Originally posted by King KAM
he would just choke her out

If she is both invulnerable and super-strong, that won't happen. Think about it. She just flexes her neck muscles. His hands won't be crushing anything after that.

He starts to choke her out? She decks him across the jaw. Or in the gut. Or kicks his leg off.

Choking Molly out would be the worst move Cap could make.

xmarksthespot
Moot point. She won't get sleepy for the duration of the fight as specified in the OP. She could technically use that to her advantage, as only standard knowledge is assumed. Captain America would assume that she'd get sleepy from exerting herself. She could play possum.

Alfheim
so she won't get sleepy for the duration, and having 6 triple shot espressos, thus heavily caffeinated."

Well what is the time limit on this thing? She may have had 6triple shot expressos but she can still get tired, futhermore Cap is possibly capable of making her strain herself even further so that it could cancel out the espressos. The problem is I dont know the characters as well as you do you know her capabilities so maybe you can shed more light on this.

If she's not, then it's still a Stalemate. Cap can wail on her all he wants even while sleeping, but if she's still invulnerable, then what good will it do?

If her powers are psionically based then they are probably switched off when sleeping. Cap could possibly make her simply pass out from the strain of using her powers.

Moot point. She won't get sleepy for the duration of the fight as specified in the OP. She could technically use that to her advantage, as only standard knowledge is assumed. Captain America would assume that she'd get sleepy from exerting herself. She could play possum.

As said before Cap could make her strain herself even further. There is a possibility since Cap is very observant that he will notice that she is smarter than she looks and maybe be able to tell if she is playing possum. Even if she plays possum it still does not mean she will get Cap.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Does Kitty Pride really time travel in X-men 143?

Alfheim
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
confused

xmarksthespot
For the duration means for the duration.

Alfheim

...........................an hour, a day? How long?

xmarksthespot
confusedOriginally posted by xmarksthespot

Alfheim
Ok. Its just a scrap in NYC basically. Stalemate then.

King KAM
If she is both invulnerable and super-strong, that won't happen. Think about it. She just flexes her neck muscles. His hands won't be crushing anything after that.

He starts to choke her out? She decks him across the jaw. Or in the gut. Or kicks his leg off.

Choking Molly out would be the worst move Cap could make. as in a rear naked... its a blood choke has 10% to do with strength 90% to do with postioning and skill.

If cap can get behind her he can choke her out.

DarkCrawler
If her skin is also vunerable enough, Cap could simply use nerve points.

Alfheim
as in a rear naked... its a blood choke has 10% to do with strength 90% to do with postioning and skill.

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
If her skin is also vunerable enough, Cap could simply use nerve points.

She has a forcefield her powers are psionic. Forcefields dont have nerve endings.

DarkCrawler
Ah, forgot the forcefield. But where it is actually shown that she has one?

Metalmanx
as in a rear naked... its a blood choke has 10% to do with strength 90% to do with postioning and skill.

Did you just happen to forget that super strength thing?

"Choking Molly out would be the worst move Cap could make."

He starts to choke her out, she grabs his arms and snaps them into tiny pieces and then ripped from their sockets. Why would Cap want his arms removed? confused I don't think it makes him fight any better.

AcousticDoc
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1108/runawaysv202016rl9.th.jpghttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/948/runawaysv202017lp7.th.jpghttp://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3363/runawaysv202018ha5.th.jpg

True. She's probably a tad on the slow side. Then again though, playing D.A., what does Cap do to win.

Uh WTF...She throws that thing into a freaking building!? Another stamford?

xmarksthespot
Yeh, these sorts of things have been happening for decades. Which is why I find Civil War somewhat contrived.

Alfheim
Did you just happen to forget that super strength thing?

"Choking Molly out would be the worst move Cap could make."

He starts to choke her out, she grabs his arms and snaps them into tiny pieces and then ripped from their sockets. Why would Cap want his arms removed? confused I don't think it makes him fight any better.

Wait one minute her bio says she can lift 3 tons......

Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Uh WTF...She throws that thing into a freaking building!? Another stamford?

So whats up with that?? Its Powerman all over again.

Dinkus Mayhem
I am not very familiar with Molly, but Cap has taken on characters with more experience and strength than what Molly has shown before hasn't he?

One would think that superior tactics, fighting skill, and experience should count for something here, especially if Molly has a limited duration on her powers. She would get tired sooner or later, and regardless of her ability 12 year old kids tend to need sleep more often than do fully grown adults (especially considering Cap is peak and has been enhanced by the SS serum).

Regular soldiers in war situations stay up for days when needed, wouldn't he simply outlast her? It's not like he would even have to go toe to toe with her, in theory he could just wait it out until she gets tired.

I don't know how the fight would end, but if I was a betting man I would probably put my money down on Cap based on what I know currently about Molly.

PS- I don't know about anyone else, but when I drink multiple coffee's I tend to get tired as soon as the caffine wears off in a few hours. The same would probably hold true for Molly no?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem

PS- I don't know about anyone else, but when I drink multiple coffee's I tend to get tired as soon as the caffine wears off in a few hours. The same would probably hold true for Molly no?

I was thinking something like that could happen.

Metalmanx

Dinkus Mayhem
And? That has been posted multiple times in the thread, thanks for being repetitive. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The fight can go the duration, but the longer it goes the more the fight would favor Cap obviously, caffeine is all fine and dandy but in a few mere hours it will have worn off and she would be feeling the effects of fatigue.

xmarksthespot
Why does no one understand the phrase: For the duration means for the duration.

Grimm22
Bah, Cap takes her out for icecream big grin

Molly then joins Cap's new super de duper team

Soljer
And? That has been posted multiple times in the thread, thanks for being repetitive. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The fight can go the duration, but the longer it goes the more the fight would favor Cap obviously, caffeine is all fine and dandy but in a few mere hours it will have worn off and she would be feeling the effects of fatigue.

They mean that it won't wear off.

Just pretend that she has a molecularly-bonded-adamantium pump constantly juicing her with caffiene that was CREATED from the ambient atmosphere (Reed made it, wink ). It won't run out (unless the atmosphere does - unlikely), and it can't be destroyed. There.

For the duration.

Black Adam

ended up dropping it.

the cynicism and constant pop culture references got old pretty fast.
and Molly is written like she's 6 years old.

Victor is the only character in the whole book I could tolerate.

xmarksthespot
I like cynicism.

Metalmanx

No need for the attitude, my friend. I merely quoted it again to answer the repetitive question.

Perhaps when people start understanding what thread-starter is saying, I won't have to keep quoting it, ja?

Dinkus Mayhem
Sorry for the attitude Metalmanx, I completely misunderstood what that was supposed to mean and thought you were just trying to impersonate a parrot.

My bad. smile

They mean that it won't wear off.

Just pretend that she has a molecularly-bonded-adamantium pump constantly juicing her with caffiene that was CREATED from the ambient atmosphere (Reed made it, wink ). It won't run out (unless the atmosphere does - unlikely), and it can't be destroyed. There.

For the duration.

Thanks for explaining it, I was thinking that "for the duration" meant that there would be no stalemates allowed and that the fight would have to continue until there was a definate loser.

So this is nothing more than a spite thread? May as well put Cap against Superman (minus the speed, flight, and eye beams).

In that case Molly would win, since she is not allowed to use the powers given to her and instead is made out in this fight to be someone who will never need sleep and won't ever lose her powers this is a pointless thread IMO.

Alfheim

So this is nothing more than a spite thread? May as well put Cap against Superman (minus the speed, flight, and eye beams).

Xmarksthespot has a habit of doing this. He doesnt lose its a stalemate she wont hit him and he wont hurt her.

Dinkus Mayhem
Well if she is not allowed to get tired, and there is no rule against Cap tiring obviously he would feel fatigue at some point or another and when that happens he would begin to slow down and eventually make a mistake.

No matter what Cap does he cannot hurt Molly, but she only needs one slap to put him down for good.

That is kind of the way I am seeing it now, this fight just went from interesting to incredibly lame IMO.

Alfheim
Well if she is not allowed to get tired, and there is no rule against Cap tiring obviously he would feel fatigue at some point or another and when that happens he would begin to slow down and eventually make a mistake.

No matter what Cap does he cannot hurt Molly, but she only needs one slap to put him down for good.

That is kind of the way I am seeing it now, this fight just went from interesting to incredibly lame IMO.

You know what I dont think I undertsand this duration concept. From what you are saying the fight is rigged so Cap will lose.

Ok im dumb somebody please explain this duration thing to me in the simplest of terms, because I think im going to rip somebodys head off.

Dinkus Mayhem
Basically the way I now understand it, the creator of this thread decided that Molly should never feel fatigue and will always be amped up on caffeine.

Thus she would be at peak power for the entire match, while Cap is allowed to feel fatigue.

Lame eh?

xmarksthespot
The caffeine will wear off. But she won't get sleepy. This is crystal in the OP, and I have no idea why it's so hard to comprehend other than you really, really, really want to find a way for him to win, and dislike that a 12 year old girl could stalemate or shock horror perhaps even beat him.
Xmarksthespot has a habit of doing this. He doesnt lose its a stalemate she wont hit him and he wont hurt her. Oh, boo hoo. no expression

If neither side is capable of winning since the assumption is that Captain America can never be hit ever, then how exactly is that a spite thread.

You made Strong Guy vs Captain America. It's essentially the same thing. Strong Guy absorbs kinetic energy. Captain America cannot hurt him, he isn't anywhere near the strength level needed to actually harm Strong Guy, he can't overload him, and pressure points - assuming Strong Guy's deformed body even has them and has them in the same equivalent places as regular human anatomy, which are two big assumptions - still rely on kinetic energy which Strong Guy absorbs.

Alfheim
The caffeine will wear off. But she won't get sleepy. This is crystal in the OP, and I have no idea why it's so hard to comprehend other than you really, really, really want to find a way for him to win, and dislike that a 12 year old girl could stalemate or shock horror perhaps even beat him.

If he loses he loses I just dont like your spite threads because they are against the rules.

If neither side is capable of winning since the assumption is that Captain America can never be hit ever, then how exactly is that a spite thread.

Since you put it that way fine, but this is something you do alot so I started to assume that it was a spite thread.

You made Strong Guy vs Captain America. It's essentially the same thing. Strong Guy absorbs kinetic energy. Captain America cannot hurt him, he isn't anywhere near the strength level needed to actually harm Strong Guy

He doesnt have to be its his prescribed power.

, he can't overload him, and pressure points - assuming Strong Guy's deformed body even has them and has them in the same equivalent places as regular human anatomy, which are two big assumptions - still rely on kinetic energy which Strong Guy absorbs.

Good point, but since there is a maximum isnt it possible for kinetic energy to be so low that it does not register, anyway there is no evidence I think to support this. The only way he could overload SG is by using the envinronment to beat him the same way he beat the Wrecker in the Avengers, but that would depend on the envinronment. It is possible like this fight Cap could dodge him for the duration.

Dinkus Mayhem

The only thing really hard to comprehend is why someone would feel the need to set up the rules of the fight so that one party cannot win. I don't really care which of these people win here, I care more about the debate so I can talk about fun characters and learn more about them. What is the fun in debating a fight were there is no possible way one of the participants has even a small chance of winning?

Without fatigue Molly does not become weak or vulnerable in any meaningful way, what is the point of making a fight where one party is unable to win? Captain does not have the same benefit of unlimited fatique, and no matter how you slice it he will wear down while Molly won't. Are you just out to make a scenario where Captain America loses?

I just thought of an idea for a great battle thread, Flash vs Wolverine. 1 small catch, Flash cannot tap into the speed force. Sounds like a great time right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alfheim
The only thing really hard to comprehend is why someone would feel the need to set up the rules of the fight so that one party cannot win. I don't really care which of these people win here, I care more about the debate so I can talk about fun characters and learn more about them. What is the fun in debating a fight were there is no possible way one of the participants has even a small chance of winning?

Without fatigue Molly does not become weak or vulnerable in any meaningful way, what is the point of making a fight where one party is unable to win? Captain does not have the same benefit of unlimited fatique, and no matter how you slice it he will wear down while Molly won't. Are you just out to make a scenario where Captain America loses?

I just thought of an idea for a great battle thread, Flash vs Wolverine. 1 small catch, Flash cannot tap into the speed force. Sounds like a great time right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah but its likely Cap wont tire either.

xmarksthespot
The only person with the prescribed ability to beat people vastly superior to her is Squirrel Girl.Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem

I just thought of an idea for a great battle thread, Flash vs Wolverine. 1 small catch, Flash cannot tap into the speed force. Sounds like a great time right? roll eyes (sarcastic) How in the hell is Molly going to fight him at all if she fatigues after exerting herself for 5 minutes?

Stipulations are added to threads all of the time to even the odds. Wolverine fights people without his healing factor. Batman is without any of his tools. Superman fights Hulk without superspeed. Wonder Woman has all her weapons. Superman fights Thing and neither have powers.

Learn to deal. And if you can't don't post in the thread.

Dinkus Mayhem
You did a bit more than even the odds here, if she does not fatigue she won't become vulnerable to anything that Captain has regardless of her caffine levels, where as he is in the position of not being able to take even one direct hit from her.

Without equal fatigue levels this isn't a fight worth discussing, you took all the fun out of it. You could have at least given Captain no fatique as well, then this would have been more interesting.

xmarksthespot
You did a bit more than even the odds here, if she does not fatigue she won't become vulnerable to anything that Captain has, where as he is in the position of not being able to take even one direct hit from her.

Without fatigue this isn't a fight worth discussing, you took all the fun out of it. You could have at least given Captain no fatique as well, then this would have been more interesting. Captain America essentially doesn't fatigue. If it helps give him specified unlimited endurance.

If she's whittled down to 3 ton strength then by the same strange logic of some that he can take punches from Spider-Man he can take her punches. Not that she's likely to land punches anyway.

I envisioned this would end in a stalemate, if it's "no fun", meh.

Dinkus Mayhem
He could take punches like that only with his shield up, if he gets socked in the jaw or ribs he would be done. The super serum doesn't give people unlimited endurance and it doesn't mean he is safe from getting broken bones or the bad end of a KO.

But since you now allow Captain to have unlimited fatigue then this is definitely more interesting, because now he would be able to dodge as long as he needs to.

Now I say stalemate.

PS: Special fight rules FTL.

Alfheim
He could take punches like that only with his shield up, if he gets socked in the jaw or ribs he would be done. The super serum doesn't give people unlimited endurance and it doesn't mean he is safe from getting broken bones or the bad end of a KO.

But since you now allow Captain to have unlimited fatigue then this is definitely more interesting, because now he would be able to dodge as long as he needs to.

Now I say stalemate.

PS: Special fight rules FTL.

If she has 3 ton strength Cap can take her punches, but I saw a pic of her lifting up some giant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.