Ken Masters vs Robert Garcia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Ken Masters - Pan American Champion, disciple of Gouken-style Ansatsuken, friend and rival of Ryu, heir to the Masters Foundation.

Robert Garcia - disciple of the Ryugeki level of Kyokugenryu Karate, friend and rival of Ryo Sakazaki, possible love interest of Yuri Sakazaki, heir to the Garcia Concern.

Robert missed Ken in the Millenium Tournament, but now, he is ready to take on the Masters heir.

With Yuri tagging along, Robert finds Ken with his family, as well as Ryu. Robert challenges Ken to a match for the Pan American championship (full contact). Ken accepts.

Stage: Red Sparrow (Suzaku) Castle, SF3 version

shin_remy
this thread is done before

you make some weird threads sometimes

btw : Ken takes this with ease. Ken is to much for Robert.

Why not Dan vs Robert?

brainchild81
Originally posted by Major Snafu
Ken Masters - Pan American Champion, disciple of Gouken-style Ansatsuken, friend and rival of Ryu, heir to the Masters Foundation.

Robert Garcia - disciple of the Ryugeki level of Kyokugenryu Karate, friend and rival of Ryo Sakazaki, possible love interest of Yuri Sakazaki, heir to the Garcia Concern.

Robert missed Ken in the Millenium Tournament, but now, he is ready to take on the Masters heir.

With Yuri tagging along, Robert finds Ken with his family, as well as Ryu. Robert challenges Ken to a match for the Pan American championship (full contact). Ken accepts.

Stage: Red Sparrow (Suzaku) Castle, SF3 version use search function please Ken kicks his @$$

Remulous
Ken will kick his ass like some body should've done a long time ago.

SaTsuJiN
Robert is much cooler than ken.. soz...

A.) he's not a palette swap
B.) he doesnt do cut / copy / paste moves of his rival
and
C.) he's a slick dresser

stick out tongue

IMO robert deserves far more air time than ryo.. but whatever...

as for fighting.. what are their card power levels?

Remulous
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

and
C.) he's a slick dresser

stick out tongue

as for fighting.. what are their card power levels? IMO,Robert still sucks,and none of that other stuff matters.For along time Robert was just a none japanese ryo and even now he's changed and still rips off other SFers.Ken and the other anasatsuken warriors may have the some of the same moves but they are darasticly different.Ken's cooler than anyone in AOF exept for Mr.Big...just MAYBE.Mr.Big is pretty cool,he's a pimp.

shin_remy

and
C.) he's a slick dresser

stick out tongue

i'm glad it are YOUR opinions roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robert vs Dan is a good match big grin

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by shin_remy
i'm glad it are YOUR opinions roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robert vs Dan is a good match big grin

A and B were facts... C was an opinion.. as well as my statement about him not recieving an appropriate amount of fame in comparison to ryo.. which obviously has some truth to it since you're comparing him to dan, when in fact he's one of the higher teirs in KoF 2k3

Emperor Ashtar

and
C.) he's a slick dresser

stick out tongue

A) Ryu and ken are head swaps, not pallet swaps. Robert and ryo are a rip off of a certain team.

B) No, But, Snk is willing to give him other people's moves. Like a sonic boom type move and a somersault kick. I wonder where he got those froms?

Anyway, with that said. I think robert wins, he has a slew of moves to use against ken.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
A) Ryu and ken are head swaps, not pallet swaps. Robert and ryo are a rip off of a certain team.

B) No, But, Snk is willing to give him other people's moves. Like a sonic boom type move and a somersault kick. I wonder where he got those froms?

Anyway, with that said. I think robert wins, he has a slew of moves to use against ken.

A.) they are both pallette AND head swaps.. wow they have like 1 seperate kick animation thats cut off into a knee strike / axe kick and for the other a double hit overhead strike... omg so different and gameplay defying~.. pff as far as I'm concerned Ryo an Robert have better gameplay ideas rather than being a cut copy paste job... I could play ken the exact same way as ryu and suffer no consequences.. the same cannot be said for ryo / robert

B.) k find him doing a sonic boom or flash kick in Neo battle colliseum... you're still using old material to back up your argument.. I'm using the most current releases of each character

Emperor Ashtar
A.) they are both pallette AND head swaps.. wow they have like 1 seperate kick animation thats cut off into a knee strike / axe kick and for the other a double hit overhead strike... omg so different and gameplay defying~.. pff as far as I'm concerned Ryo an Robert have better gameplay ideas rather than being a cut copy paste job... I could play ken the exact same way as ryu and suffer no consequences.. the same cannot be said for ryo / robert

Posting out your ass as usually, ryu and ken are completely different. They only have the same animeation during special moves and other gestures. They do not play the same, have the same strategy, nor do they have the same super moves. Yes, ryo and robert are different. But, your so hung up on a head swap ( Like snk has never done it)

B.) k find him doing a sonic boom or flash kick in Neo battle colliseum... you're still using old material to back up your argument.. I'm using the most current releases of each character

Bullshit, if you were using the current incarnations of the characters, you would not have mentioned ryu and ken having the exact same animations.

And kof changing their move set doesn't change the fact that KOF has been sucking lately.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by shin_remy
this thread is done before

you make some weird threads sometimes

btw : Ken takes this with ease. Ken is to much for Robert.

Why not Dan vs Robert?

It hasn't been done before. I checked before I posted.

SaTsuJiN
Posting out your ass as usually, ryu and ken are completely different. They only have the same animeation during special moves and other gestures. They do not play the same, have the same strategy, nor do they have the same super moves. Yes, ryo and robert are different. But, your so hung up on a head swap ( Like snk has never done it)

please you are the queen of postin out yer ass.. bringing up old crap to support current arguments.. they wear the same exact stuff.. perform the exact same animations and thus can be played the exact same way.. super moves changes a characters playstyle ?.. since when? all thats required of the player is to meet the supermoves condition to strike them with it... aside from that its hurricane > hadou > shoryu etc.. all the exact same stuff..

ok so lemme get this straight.. because ryu's moves are insta-knock down.. that requires a whole seperate strategy?.. gimme a break dude.. /sigh.. you still do the same moves with them regardless

the closest you can come up with for snk head swapping is ralph and clark.. which is yet another assed out statement because their entire sprite sheets are totally different from one another.

Bullshit, if you were using the current incarnations of the characters, you would not have mentioned ryu and ken having the exact same animations.

And kof changing their move set doesn't change the fact that KOF has been sucking lately.

um.. in 3rd strike they have the exact same animations... the only different animations they recieve are *grab* , *forward + kick / punch* and maybe *roundhouse*.... damn thats really genre defying right there~.. hoo boy~.. better put some gloves on for that hot stuff!

the only shoto that defies the palette / head swap to a degree is akuma.. as he recieves spikey sleeves, new head , some slippers and a rope belt

actually you should give 2006 a whirl.. its pretty fun considering the crappy direction they've been heading in happy

Major Snafu

I'm sorry to say, but I have to agree with E. Ashtar.

Although the two Ansatsuken fighters are indeed swaps with different animations, their fighting styles have evolved into two seperate styles.

Ryu is more focused on reaching enlightment by mastering the Hadouken (the Hadou priciple), while Ken is more brash and arrogant, preferring style over substance, setting up his opponents before finishing them with the F. Shoryuken.

Ken however matures by SF3 (being married with a kid tends to do that) but his ego pretty much remains the same. Ken's Ansatsuken is more flashy while Ryu's Ansatsuken is more solid.

I chose Ken for this match againsr Garcia - aside the fact that both have egos and are filthy rich - their fighting styles are similar, but in some cases, are diametric opposites.

Emperor Ashtar
please you are the queen of postin out yer ass.. bringing up old crap to support current arguments.. they wear the same exact stuff.. perform the exact same animations and thus can be played the exact same way.. super moves changes a characters playstyle ?.. since when? all thats required of the player is to meet the supermoves condition to strike them with it... aside from that its hurricane > hadou > shoryu etc.. all the exact same stuff..

ok so lemme get this straight.. because ryu's moves are insta-knock down.. that requires a whole seperate strategy?.. gimme a break dude.. /sigh.. you still do the same moves with them regardless

the closest you can come up with for snk head swapping is ralph and clark.. which is yet another assed out statement because their entire sprite sheets are totally different from one another.

Wow, your moron satsujin because they look alike they play alike? You claimed that they do play alike, so, I want you to post their basic strats and explain the similarities. Ken and ryu haven't had the same normals since sf2 infact they don't even have the same strategy, you just nitpick one fact and down play it? Snk does head swap, maybe because you wank them so hard you don't see that. Kyo/Shingo, Clark/Ralph, Vice/Mature. Don't gimmie that BS about capcom head swaps when snk does the same.

um.. in 3rd strike they have the exact same animations... the only different animations they recieve are *grab* , *forward + kick / punch* and maybe *roundhouse*.... damn thats really genre defying right there~.. hoo boy~.. better put some gloves on for that hot stuff!

Try completely different normals, speed, supers, strats, grabs, and set ups. I mean I could go on about how many kicking variations ken has and ryu doesn't or how ryu takes more damge and has stronger meaty's, or how ken has variopus mix ups that ryu doesn't have.

the only shoto that defies the palette / head swap to a degree is akuma.. as he recieves spikey sleeves, new head , some slippers and a rope belt

actually you should give 2006 a whirl.. its pretty fun considering the crappy direction they've been heading in happy

I've played it, and it blows hard.

And as for ryo and robert please. Most of their trademark moves are just variations of ryu and kens or in roberts case guiles.

SaTsuJiN
Wow, your moron satsujin because they look alike they play alike? You claimed that they do play alike, so, I want you to post their basic strats and explain the similarities. Ken and ryu haven't had the same normals since sf2 infact they don't even have the same strategy, you just nitpick one fact and down play it? Snk does head swap, maybe because you wank them so hard you don't see that. Kyo/Shingo, Clark/Ralph, Vice/Mature. Don't gimmie that BS about capcom head swaps when snk does the same.

um no.. none of those you've listed are palette swaps.. time to do your homework , scrub...

and if you do standing punches and kicks.. yes they do the same things.. its when you start doing stuff like pressing forward and back that they change up their strikes

when you have the same exact animation for baseline moves, the characters will be played similarly... why do you think chun li players cant stand shoto users?.. they all do the same crap

Try completely different normals, speed, supers, strats, grabs, and set ups. I mean I could go on about how many kicking variations ken has and ryu doesn't or how ryu takes more damge and has stronger meaty's, or how ken has variopus mix ups that ryu doesn't have.

no not completely different normals... OMG wow grabs.. I already mentioned that.. supers are obvious.. they have similar movement speed so dont go there.. attack speed vs attack power are typical gameplay implimentations.. even chun li gets different attack power / speed.. so lets not try to up-play pointless things like that... omigawd mixups.. yeah you had to go that far to show a slight difference in strats... as I've said before with supers you just gotta meet the requirement.. you dont necessarily have to base your whole strategy on it... matches have been won before without the use of a single super

I've played it, and it blows hard.

And as for ryo and robert please. Most of their trademark moves are just variations of ryu and kens or in roberts case guiles.

variation enough not to be a cut copy paste.. smile when you apply severe variation it becomes original, which is the case at the point of neo battle coliseum.. oh yes.. zanretsuken and ineikyaku are variations of something ryu and ken dont even have.. he doesnt even have a hienshippu kyaku, or ichi geki hissatsu.. or ryoku ranbu.. or haoshokoken... kthx... and I'm sorry but you cant copyright throwing a fireball.. which is basically how you're acting... using that logic.. capcom has alot of royalties to be paying to dragonball about now

considering the drought of decent fighters today.. I'm quite satisfied with 2k6.. til I can get my hands on Neo battle coliseum

Emperor Ashtar
um no.. none of those you've listed are palette swaps.. time to do your homework , scrub...

Just like clark and ralph weren't pallete swaps, right scrub?

and if you do standing punches and kicks.. yes they do the same things.. its when you start doing stuff like pressing forward and back that they change up their strikes

Wrong again, different medium kick, standing fierce, and baseline you mean normals which I just accounted for. You claimed they play the same, explain their strats and how their the same.

when you have the same exact animation for baseline moves, the characters will be played similarly... why do you think chun li players cant stand shoto users?.. they all do the same crap

Ryu and ken don't play the same, I'll bet 20 bucks you don't even know how they play. oh and chun li kills most shoto's, get informed scrub.

-

no not completely different normals... OMG wow grabs.. I already mentioned that.. supers are obvious.. they have similar movement speed so dont go there.. attack speed vs attack power are typical gameplay implimentations

So, you admitt they have different supers and normals. yet, they don't play differently, explain this please.

Of course speed is a game play element, were talking baout gameplay.

.. even chun li gets different attack power / speed.. so lets not try to up-play pointless things like that... omigawd mixups.. yeah you had to go that far to show a slight difference in strats... as I've said before with supers you just gotta meet the requirement.. you dont necessarily have to base your whole strategy on it... matches have been won before without the use of a single super

Another stupid post, the main reason chun and yun are top tier is because of their supers. ken is the only exception. Ken and ryu do not play the same at all.

variation enough not to be a cut copy paste.. smile when you apply severe variation it becomes original, which is the case at the point of neo battle coliseum.. oh yes.. zanretsuken and ineikyaku are variations of something ryu and ken dont even have.. he doesnt even have a hienshippu kyaku, or ichi geki hissatsu.. or ryoku ranbu.. or haoshokoken... kthx... and I'm sorry but you cant copyright throwing a fireball.. which is basically how you're acting... using that logic.. capcom has alot of royalties to be paying to dragonball about now

considering the drought of decent fighters today.. I'm quite satisfied with 2k6.. til I can get my hands on Neo battle coliseum

My ass, robert had the exact same motion and move set as guile at one point. that's copying, yuri having a denjin hadouken, shin shouryuken, and shungokusatsu is copying is well. sf didn't steal entire move sets like snk. your basically claiming it's okay for snk to copy entire move sets. As long as they tweak it.

SaTsuJiN
Just like clark and ralph werent palletye swaps, right scrub? obviously you need glasses.. cuz I just got done saying this.. do you even know what a sprite sheet is?

Wrong again, different medium kick, standing fierce, and baseline you mean normals which I just accounted for. You claimed they play the same, explain their strats and how their the same.

No you didnt account for normals being the same.. you said Ken and ryu haven't had the same normals since sf2
their similar specials allow them to be played similar, as I've just said.. that doesnt mean people 'will' or 'wont' do it.. having 3+ similar specials and the ability to turn those 3+ specials into hypers allows for many options of similar play

Ryu and ken don't play the same, I'll bet 20 bucks you don't even know how they play. oh and chun li kills most shot's, get informed scrub. lol she has to turtle to do it, scrub smile OMG a shoto *jab spam* "Must... build.. super.. bar..." *jab spam*

So, you admitt they have different supers and normals. yet, they don't play differently, explain this please.

Of course speed is a game play element, were talking baout gameplay.
we're (at least "I" am) on the subject of 'Sprite sheets' and 'palette swaps'.. you're the one who dug into the strategy issue (a stem of "zomg they have like 9 million different things from eachother"wink which is straying from my MAIN point.. my sub point was that they can be played similarly with so many similar baseline attacks.. whether you choose to deny this is all you

Another stupid post, the main reason chun and yun are top tier is because of their supers. ken is the only exception. Ken and ryu do not play the same at all.
parry solves that.. as daigo has shown las vegas and the rest of the world

SF3's gameplay in a nutshell is jab to build your superbar.. wiff a few strikes possibly throwing a super in there.. and throwing every single time you get close.. damn thats so deep.. I'm about to buy everyone I know a copy of SF3

though its not really the games fault.. the players make the game look lame

My ass, robert had the exact same motion and move set as guile at one point. that's copying, yuri having a denjin hadouken, shin shouryuken, and shungokusatsu is copying is well. sf didn't steal entire move sets like snk.

there you go with 'at one point'.. keeping with current events I see?...
we arent even talking about yuri.. she's a shitty character-slot filler.. is she the only one you can aim at?.. lawl~... do you really see me defending yuri? I didnt think so

so now~.. back on topic~.. what is roberts card power level?.. I'm sure somebody knows..

Topics that satsu is currently on : sprite sheets , palette swaps , roberts card power <- just in case Emperor magically 'forgets'

Edit : Found ken and roberts cards..
Ken - BP : 700
SP : 2

Robert - BP : 700
SP : 1

now if I only knew what the hell SP does

card info @ : http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/neopocket/file/snk_vs_capcom_cf2_cards.txt

brainchild81
You guys need to pipe downOriginally posted by SaTsuJiN

and
C.) he's a slick dresser

A. Better to be a palette swap than a guy who seems to be based off a guy who's a palette swap smile

B. Not anymore. But neither does Ken

C. So is Ken. He just wears the gi when he's fighting in tournaments. Ryu on the other hand seems to wear the gi all the time

D. Ken's married w/kids whereas Robert's chasing some annoying lil' b**ch(not as annoying as Sakura though) who gets to be in games while he sits on the sidelines. smile

IMO robert deserves far more air time than ryo.. but whatever...That we can agree on. Ryo should be killed off & Robert should be an impact player again.

as for fighting.. what are their card power levels? Not that anyone cares smile, but I think that's in the other thread. I put a link to it in my 1st post here.

Emperor Ashtar
obviously you need glasses.. cuz I just got done saying this.. do you even know what a sprite sheet is?
Just checking, because you claimed in a previous thread that snk had no pallete swaps.

No you didnt account for normals being the same.. you said Ken and ryu haven't had the same normals since sf2
their similar specials allow them to be played similar, as I've just said.. that doesnt mean people 'will' or 'wont' do it.. having 3+ similar specials and the ability to turn those 3+ specials into hypers allows for many options of similar play

laughing God your clueless, ryu and ken's supers are completely different. Infact they don't even have super version for all their primary specials. Ken has two shoryuken supers and one involving tatsumaki kick, while ryu has two hadouken supers and one shoryuken super.

lol she has to turtle to do it, scrub smile OMG a shoto *jab spam* "Must... build.. super.. bar..." *jab spam*
How does that change the fact she creams most shoto's confused

we're (at least "I" am) on the subject of 'Sprite sheets' and 'palette swaps'.. you're the one who dug into the strategy issue (a stem of "zomg they have like 9 million different things from eachother"wink which is straying from my MAIN point.. my sub point was that they can be played similarly with so many similar baseline attacks.. whether you choose to deny this is all you

Okay, I'm going to post ryu and kens sprites right now and count the difference and similarities.

parry solves that.. as daigo has shown las vegas and the rest of the world

That doesn't change the satsu of the super, and what justin did cost him the match. had he just waited it out he would of won.

SF3's gameplay in a nutshell is jab to build your superbar.. wiff a few strikes possibly throwing a super in there.. and throwing every single time you get close.. damn thats so deep.. I'm about to buy everyone I know a copy of SF3

though its not really the games fault.. the players make the game look lame
wow, that explanation was so stupid. let me explain the way that your worng

Claim wiff off strikes- what fighting game doesn't whiff off strikes?
Claim: Throw out a super- Their are characters that don't even uses supers as a top stategy, yang for example.
claim: Throwing every single time you get close-Hey scrub guess what a throw set up is?

Emperor Ashtar
Okat satsujin here are your claims:

They have similar moves, and your right. I will admitt that

SAME

Standing Far: LP,MP,HP,LK
Standing Close:LP,MP,HP,LK
Crouching:LP,MP,HP,LK,MK,HK
Jump straight Up:LP,MP,HP,LK,MK,HK
Jump Diagnol:LP,HP,LK,HK

Different

Standing Far:MK,HK
Standing Close:MK,HK
Jumping Diagnol:MP,MK

RYU

KEN

Emperor Ashtar
RYU genral strategy

Blanka
Okat satsujin here are your claims:

They have similar moves, and your right. I will admitt that

SAME

Standing Far: LP,MP,HP,LK
Standing Close:LP,MP,HP,LK
Crouching:LP,MP,HP,LK,MK,HK
Jump straight Up:LP,MP,HP,LK,MK,HK
Jump Diagnol:LP,HP,LK,HK

Different

Standing Far:MK,HK
Standing Close:MK,HK
Jumping Diagnol:MP,MK

RYU

KEN
nice site

Emperor Ashtar
Currently I can't find a good strategy explanation for ken. Now, you claimed they played the same. Elaborate on how they play the same.

shin_remy
yo emperor ashtar : satsujin is a SNK lover, he hates Capcom, so that's why he is so annoying. He didn't even know what a ''kara'was. i think he don't understand what you have post.

wel in street fighter 3 third strike i am a Ken player.
The man who learned me everything about the game plays with Ryu.

and the match up is 5-5 . but they have both different animations and most moves are different!! example : Standing close Hp looks the same but have both different animations.

''what i see about this boring discussion is that Satsujin never played street fighter 3 third strike and he is jeleaos that Capcom has made such a good game and SNK didn't!!!!!!! stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue ''

Tha C-Master
I don't want to interfere with you lovely ladies, but Ryu, Ken, and Akuma don't play anything alike, never have, and never will. Akuma has low defense and speed as he's meant to pressure your opponent, Ken is meant to be anti-air and play a variety of mix-up, and Ryu is all about bread and butter, what you see is what you get, doing high stun and having high defense.

Remulous
please you are the queen of postin out yer ass.. bringing up old crap to support current arguments.. they wear the same exact stuff.. perform the exact same animations and thus can be played the exact same way.. super moves changes a characters playstyle ?.. since when? all thats required of the player is to meet the supermoves condition to strike them with it... aside from that its hurricane > hadou > shoryu etc.. all the exact same stuff. ken still takes this hands down.To be blunt Ryu is more deffense and Ken is more offense.Ryu relys more on the Hadoken which is why Ryu's Hodouken recovry time is much faster than Kens,his Shoryuken is also more straight upward to be used for a deffensive anti air measure,also ryu has a high deffense,his life gauge doesn't go down as easily.Most of Ken's moves are faster and can actually be done several times over in a combo in complete sucsession,to deal more damage over all.If you try to use Ryu's strategy with Ken or vise versa it will be a much more difficult play.Anyway,these are just my thoughts,you could find even better results with many differnt strategies depending on your skill.Bty Robert sucks!!!

brainchild81
Robert would have made much more sense to have in CVS2 & SVC than lame @$$ Ryo. Robert should have been another of Ken's rivals. Robert sponsored the tourney (in CVS2) along w/Ken whereas Ryo didn't rival anybody or add to the story @ all if I remember right. Anyway, Ken beats Robert's @$$ and they should merge this w/the other one

Remulous
I dont really see Robert being that much better than Ryo.IMO,they both suck equaly.

Emperor Ashtar
Robert doesn't suck, ryo on the other hand. . .Anyway, I laways pick the kyokugen team first, that or iori.

brainchild81
Iori's a f**king beastOriginally posted by Remulous
I dont really see Robert being that much better than Ryo.IMO,they both suck equaly. Nah. Ryo sux big time. Robert has more personality and could actually be qutie cool if SNK/Gaymore let him.

brainchild81
edit: quite

Remulous
Robert just isnt cool to me,damn near none of his moves are his own.Ryo is Ryu with Ken's hair color and Robert is Ken with Ryu's hair color with most of Guile's moves.I don't like any kyokugen userers exepy for Yuri.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.