Flash Fanboys vs Juggernaut Fanboys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman41082
Who's the worst?

1 enthusiastic vote for Flash Fanboys here. They're the worst for sure................

great_dane
i think superman fanboys that make no sense and hate on other chars are worst

hitemup
flash is a great char, but superman prime and superboy prime are the best. im not agreeing with superman41082 bcuz he's an idiot.

superman41082
If I'm a fanboy, I'm not the kind of fanboy that lets my love of the character get in the way of truth. The truth is that Flash is retarded when done in the way that you say. You have no taste if you like that style of writing. I put you up against Juggernaut Fanboys because they're pretty bad, too, but not nearly anything like you..........

superman41082
Originally posted by hitemup
flash is a great char, but superman prime and superboy prime are the best. im not agreeing with superman41082 bcuz he's an idiot.

I'm no idiot. I'm just sick of all these Flash fanboys with their dumb respect thread based on horrible writing. If you think I'm an idiot because of that, then I can certainly see that you're not the most intelligent guy yourself..........

hitemup
the truth is that flash could do all of that.

great_dane
lol. you make no sense dude. really. you say im bad because I like the writing of the flash? everything im saying, the flash can do dude. i never once said he can freeze you with a fart or something. seriuosly though, all his abilities and powers that have been mentioned are legit. I can say the samething about superman. everyone knows HE'LL find away to come out on top, no matter what the challenge. if you want to be one sided about writing, why do you enoy superman. its more predictable than the flash. not only that, but he happens to come across a little green ring (the only one left in the universe) only increases his powers to limitless, now thats bad writing

hitemup
thats great writing, superman is the best

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by hitemup
thats great writing, superman is the best
your avitar is amazing

great_dane
ya, its cool,. im just making a point cuz

superman41082
Originally posted by great_dane
lol. you make no sense dude. really. you say im bad because I like the writing of the flash? everything im saying, the flash can do dude. i never once said he can freeze you with a fart or something. seriuosly though, all his abilities and powers that have been mentioned are legit. I can say the samething about superman. everyone knows HE'LL find away to come out on top, no matter what the challenge. if you want to be one sided about writing, why do you enoy superman. its more predictable than the flash. not only that, but he happens to come across a little green ring (the only one left in the universe) only increases his powers to limitless, now thats bad writing

Superman has a metaphor. There are lots of morality questions that come up in the character, and with Flash, it just isn't that way. Flash is an extremely visceral character and what you see is what you get with him. Superman has more to offer. So does my 2nd favorite character Batman. I'm not saying that the abilities that you speak of are not abilities that have been bestowed upon the character, and I know about lots of them(I hear them from the guys on this forum all the time), but the fact of the matter is that many of them are incongruous with the character and also just unnecessaryily boring. Also, I mind you of the meaning behind these powers that Flash has. He has them because they have no where else to go with the character. If all you can do is keep adding indiscriminate powers to a character to try and make the stories interesting, it's time to go in a new direction. Superman has more versatility than asking the question, 'how strong is he really.' To me, this is a cop out and lazy writing. They need to explore other sides of the character before they go off and say that he can run until the universe is a piece of dust in his hand. I'm sick of the Flash stuff and it's dumb. I don't buy any of it and he'd never be able to do some of that stuff and be alive. He's a regular man and no man can withstand that strain on the body plus it's retarded. I don't get how what I'm saying makes no sense.

superman41082
Originally posted by great_dane

Superman has a metaphor. There are lots of morality questions that come up in the character, and with Flash, it just isn't that way. Flash is an extremely visceral character and what you see is what you get with him. Superman has more to offer. So does my 2nd favorite character Batman. I'm not saying that the abilities that you speak of are not abilities that have been bestowed upon the character, and I know about lots of them(I hear them from the guys on this forum all the time), but the fact of the matter is that many of them are incongruous with the character and also just unnecessarily boring. Also, I mind you of the meaning behind these powers that Flash has. He has them because they have no where else to go with the character. If all you can do is keep adding indiscriminate powers to a character to try and make the stories interesting, it's time to go in a new direction. Superman has more versatility than asking the question, 'how strong is he really.' To me, this is a cop out and lazy writing. They need to explore other sides of the character before they go off and say that he can run until the universe is a piece of dust in his hand. I'm sick of the Flash stuff and it's dumb. I don't buy any of it and he'd never be able to do some of that stuff and be alive. He's a regular man and no man can withstand that strain on the body plus it's retarded. I don't get how what I'm saying makes no sense.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by superman41082
Who's the worst? I dunno, i'm starting to think that Flash haters are more annoying than either. wink

Dinkus Mayhem
Explore other sides of a character? This coming from a Superman fan? Superman is one of the most 2 dimensional characters I know of, the uber boy scout who is almost never conflicted in his actions, rarely doubts himself, and even more rarely finds a foe that can seriously challenge him and force him to grow as a character.

Every time he is faced with a real threat, he suddenly becomes more powerful than before because he stops holding back. Woooohoooo, how exciting is that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Add some doubt, some inner conflict, and most importantly a serious opponent that can take everything Superman can dish out and give it back with more ferocity than ever seen before. Or just write Darkseid as he is supposed to be written.

Superman sucks Flash's ass, and they both like it. Happy Dance

Juntai
Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem
Explore other sides of a character? This coming from a Superman fan? Superman is one of the most 2 dimensional characters I know of, the uber boy scout who is almost never conflicted in his actions, rarely doubts himself, and even more rarely finds a foe that can seriously challenge him and force him to grow as a character.

Every time he is faced with a real threat, he suddenly becomes more powerful than before because he stops holding back. Woooohoooo, how exciting is that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Add some doubt, some inner conflict, and most importantly a serious opponent that can take everything Superman can dish out and give it back with more ferocity than ever seen before. Or just write Darkseid as he is supposed to be written.

Superman sucks Flash's ass, and they both like it. Happy Dance You don't read Superman very often I take it.

Dinkus Mayhem
Often enough to know that he is one of the most shallow characters around, there are many characters out there with oodles more depth and conflict inherent to the character.

Juntai
Often enough to know that he is one of the most shallow characters around, there are many characters out there with oodles more depth and conflict inherent to the character. I disagree, he has a normal life that sometimes even contradicts his role as Superman, at times he has difficulty balancing the lives, he has suffered tragedy and loss as anyone else has. He bears the weight of the world on his shoulders. He tries to be a good son, and at the same time, a brilliant reporter and a wonderful husband. He's the heroic standard for most heros on Earth, so has little room to falter or fail, and takes it hard in the event he does. He's the Icon that doesn't let it get to his head, just tries to live up his ideals. And so much more. He's a very fleshed out character.

superman41082
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I dunno, i'm starting to think that Flash haters are more annoying than either. wink

Well I guess you're talking about me, but first off, I never said that I dont' like Flash, and in fact, quite the contrary. I am just extremely irritated by some of the powers he displays. It doesn't work with the character or with the Universe.

superman41082

Superman sucks Flash's ass, and they both like it. Happy Dance

Brother, you just got it wrong. All of what you say adds to the totality of the character. If you take each of Supermans attributes and separate them, some of them will seem dumb, but the whole is greater than the sum of all the parts. On the whole, Superman is an amazing character, and he's my favorite for that reason.

Dinkus Mayhem
I don't see that side of him at all, I see someone who is a good son, who is a brilliant reporter, and who is largely unchallenged as a hero.

Sure he fails, it would be boring if he didn't. But the truth of the matter is that he succeeds in almost everything he does, and much of the time he does so with ease.

Maybe it is my bias against uber-types like that, I tend to like characters with deep rooted conflicts and emotional struggles. I like to see characters fail, not fail and then very soon after succeed, just simply fail.

Success is not what defines a great character to me, it is the failures, and IMO Superman has very few straight up failures that help to push character growth and development.

Juntai
I don't see that side of him at all, I see someone who is a good son, who is a brilliant reporter, and who is largely unchallenged as a hero.

Sure he fails, it would be boring if he didn't. But the truth of the matter is that he succeeds in almost everything he does, and much of the time he does so with ease.

Maybe it is my bias against uber-types like that, I tend to like my characters with deep rooted conflicts and emotional struggles. I like to see my characters fail, not fail and then very soon after succeed, just simply fail.

Success is not what defines a great character to me, it is the failures, and IMO Superman has very few straight up failures that help to push character growth and development. Your personal preference to read about heros failing doesn't mean Superman is two dimensional and not fleshed out as a character.

xmarksthespot
Idiotic thread.

Closing...

Dinkus Mayhem
Sure it does, because that is exactly how he is written. He is the ultimate savior of Earth, never wavering in his beliefs and never truly challenged. He is the poster boy all American hero, and DC is afraid to ever let him fail in that role, even if it would be in the best of further developing the character.

Point out some deep rooted character flaws, point out a nemesis who defeats him without the use of crappy plot devices, point out any time where he lost his path and had to examine himself and what he is doing.

There are very few examples of any of these, and that is exactly what makes him a 2 dimensional.

Juntai
Sure it does, because that is exactly how he is written. He is the ultimate savior of Earth, never wavering in his beliefs and never truly challenged. He is the poster boy all American hero, and DC is afraid to ever let him fail in that role, even if it would be in the best of further developing the character.

Point out some deep rooted character flaws, point out a nemesis who defeats him without the use of crappy plot devices, point out any time where he lost his path and had to examine himself and what he is doing.

There are very few examples of any of these, and that is exactly what makes him a 2 dimensional. You're wrong. He does have these conflicts. Just because you don't read the comics, doesn't mean they don't happen. Just shows your ignorance of the character. Which is why I said at the beginning: "You don't read Superman very often I take it."

juggernaut66666
flash fans are much worse like great dane and his speed force he said that flash could beat pr-retcon beyonder

Grimm22
Im not a fanboy, but Flash is my favirote DC character no expression

Juggs cant hurt Flash if he cant move now can he?

Sub_Mariner
Who's the worst?

1 enthusiastic vote for Flash Fanboys here. They're the worst for sure................

Flash owns Supes 10/10.

Validus
Lame. Tron lock this.

newjak86
Originally posted by Juntai
Your personal preference to read about heros failing doesn't mean Superman is two dimensional and not fleshed out as a character. You guys do understand that this is a matter of opinion right.

Because Juntai who chose to look for those charactisitcs you see them while a casual person doesn't. Although to be honest is character flaws as we'll call them his development into a 3-d character seems largely sporadic and often unfinshed because in the end no matter what Superman is not allowed to fail because he is the Icon.

While yes there is more there it is alot harder to find Kind of like Jggernaut people think of him as a 1 deminsional character when in fact there is more to him.

Not that being taken care off. Flash's powers are no worse and in fact seem better siuted to him then half f what Superman has done. You want to talk about needless powers Superman has and still gets the most rediulus power ups around on the most regulat basis simply for sake of him coming out on top.

Let's see T-VO
Soul Vision

Pre-C he had super verything including basket weaving.

So who has the more uselss and uneed powers Superman does.

The-Blame
why cant all people just accept each other? even fanboys??

Dinalfos
There is no such thing as a shallow comic book character with a lengthy history. That means Superman is NOT one-dimensional. However, that doesn't mean he's even remotely interesting. Because I don't think he is.

superman41082
Originally posted by newjak86
You guys do understand that this is a matter of opinion right.

Because Juntai who chose to look for those charactisitcs you see them while a casual person doesn't. Although to be honest is character flaws as we'll call them his development into a 3-d character seems largely sporadic and often unfinshed because in the end no matter what Superman is not allowed to fail because he is the Icon.

While yes there is more there it is alot harder to find Kind of like Jggernaut people think of him as a 1 deminsional character when in fact there is more to him.

Not that being taken care off. Flash's powers are no worse and in fact seem better siuted to him then half f what Superman has done. You want to talk about needless powers Superman has and still gets the most rediulus power ups around on the most regulat basis simply for sake of him coming out on top.

Let's see T-VO
Soul Vision

Pre-C he had super verything including basket weaving.

So who has the more uselss and uneed powers Superman does.

No.... Okay, your'e right about Superman being the icon and he 'can't lose,' but he loses in a different way than most people. Superman doesn't have battles against most opponents(only a handful are actually a match for him), the real story of Superman is how he relates to the people. To me, Superman wins on principal. They can give Flash all the powers he wants, but he will never beat Superman. He's Superman. That's just the deal, but also, what's the point of having a Flash that has no weakness whatsoever? In the case of being able to open up the speed force and throw people in it, no one can beat him without prep-time, and it shouldn't be like that. He's not Superman. He's Flash. Flash is a cool and amazing character. His essence should not be to be this unbeatable character. Then it's just dumb. I like the idea of speed vs power or smarts or incredible odds and it being an even playing field. Really, it's just boring to watch him mop the floor with everyone. It's inconsistent and retarded. It doesn't add to any appeal. Superman's powers, however, add to the totality of his character. It all fits uniformly, but with Flash, it serves no purpose towards the totality of the character.

newjak86
No.... Okay, your'e right about Superman being the icon and he 'can't lose,' but he loses in a different way than most people. Superman doesn't have battles against most opponents(only a handful are actually a match for him), the real story of Superman is how he relates to the people. To me, Superman wins on principal. They can give Flash all the powers he wants, but he will never beat Superman. He's Superman. That's just the deal, but also, what's the point of having a Flash that has no weakness whatsoever? In the case of being able to open up the speed force and throw people in it, no one can beat him without prep-time, and it shouldn't be like that. He's not Superman. He's Flash. Flash is a cool and amazing character. His essence should not be to be this unbeatable character. Then it's just dumb. I like the idea of speed vs power or smarts or incredible odds and it being an even playing field. Really, it's just boring to watch him mop the floor with everyone. It's inconsistent and retarded. It doesn't add to any appeal. Superman's powers, however, add to the totality of his character. It all fits uniformly, but with Flash, it serves no purpose towards the totality of the character. I'll agree with this but to be fair this can be said for any character includins Superman wouldn't you agree because in the end he always has that flaw that he can pretty much have any power when they aren't needed.

Tha C-Master
Superman fanboys are the worst when you have them actually... he'll always win, he beats Thanos, and Surfer, you ask them why and they really don't have an explanation, they just keep posting feats from the respect thread and drooling.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Superman fanboys are the worst when you have them actually... he'll always win, he beats Thanos, and Surfer, you ask them why and they really don't have an explanation, they just keep posting feats from the respect thread and drooling.

very true. But flash fanboys are getting pretty bad as of late.

Mordum
flash will drop a multiverse on your domepiece.

Validus
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
laughing out loud

I have a love/hate thing for Superman. Truthfully, he does seem to have a feat for every situation. Like I was telling Batdude, he's gotta be one of the easiest characters to be a fanboy of and defend on a Vs forum. Debating against him is annoying as hell which in a way makes the character seem annoying. Still, he's one of my favorite characters to read about.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Mordum
flash will drop a multiverse on your domepiece.

seems about right sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.