Can three Green Lanterns defeat Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Three Lanterns Kyle,Hal & Kilowog

Green Lantern(Hal)/No Parallax- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Jordan

Green Lantern(Kyle)/No Ion- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Rayner

&

Green Lantern(Kilowog)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilowog

juggernaut66666
yeah they can beat thanos

Grimm22
probobly erm

I mean 5 GL's beat Paralaxx, so I wouldnt be suprised if 3 of the best GL's ever could beat Thanos

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Grimm22
probobly erm

I mean 5 GL's beat Paralaxx, so I wouldnt be suprised if 3 of the best GL's ever could beat Thanos
they didn't beat parallax they imprisoned him to the central battery it was easier cause parallax is made of fear and the gl's used will power which is the opposite of fear nevermind back to topic

golem370
Yeah but Thanos has beat Silver Surfer easy and he is equal to or more powerful then one GL

Grimm22
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
they didn't beat parallax they imprisoned him to the central battery it was easier cause parallax is made of fear and the gl's used will power which is the opposite of fear nevermind back to topic

But if thats true then why are they immune to their yellow weakness now? confused

juggernaut66666
But if thats true then why are they immune to their yellow weakness now? confused
they can overcome it with enough willpower
Originally posted by golem370
Yeah but Thanos has beat Silver Surfer easy and he is equal to or more powerful then one GL
Hal would beat ss maybe Kyle and Kilowog also
and those are the 3 best gl's

golem370
Thats to be proven I think it would a very close battle.

Grimm22
Oh so basicly they overcame it because Paralexx is now just a weak piece of crap in the main power battery big grin

juggernaut66666
nah hal and kyle has feats beyond surfers
any way the Gl's take the majority IMO

juggernaut66666
Oh so basicly they overcame it because Paralexx is now just a weak piece of crap in the main power battery big grin
they were always able to overcome it

golem370
Like what?

juggernaut66666
Like creating OA or containing a Big bang which could destroy the universe

golem370
Silver Surfer has energized a Lantern I thought. That was a Green Lantern stoping a Green Lantern?

juggernaut66666
Silver Surfer has energized a Lantern I thought. That was a Green Lantern stoping a Green Lantern?
that cross over was a piece of crap

golem370
Everybody thinks that when it's doesn't work in a way people want it to.

golem370
Then It's was crap when Juggernaut got decked by Superman because he doesn't feel pain and has a force field.

Soljer
they can overcome it with enough willpower

Hal would beat ss maybe Kyle and Kilowog also
and those are the 3 best gl's

no

I can't think of a single lantern (Ion doesn't count -_-) That would take Surfer for a majority.

Considering how easily Thanos has put the Surfer down, I'd say he could do it similarly to a Lantern. Thanos may be able to take the majority here.

juggernaut66666
Then It's was crap when Juggernaut got decked by Superman because he doesn't feel pain and has a force field.
and he got Ko'd by ww after she knocked off his helmet and blob has beaten Kalibak in it no expression

Scoobless
that cross over was a piece of crap

It was ok except for the Cyborg Vs Surfer fight

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Soljer
no

I can't think of a single lantern (Ion doesn't count -_-) That would take Surfer for a majority.

Considering how easily Thanos has put the Surfer down, I'd say he could do it similarly to a Lantern. Thanos may be able to take the majority here.
then read lantern comics

golem370
Unless it was Current Juggernaut Juggernaut would have beat the snot out of Wonder Woman.

Soljer
then read lantern comics

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Always the best strategy; when someone doesn't agree with you, belittle their intelligence; call them ignorant.

Please.

golem370
Read this- http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/

juggernaut66666
Unless it was Current Juggernaut Juggernaut would have beat the snot out of Wonder Woman.
that time he was at classic level

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Soljer
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Always the best strategy; when someone doesn't agree with you, belittle their intelligence; call them ignorant.

Please.
Just 1 question have you checked any of the green lantern respect threads?

Grimm22
Juggs would never even hit WW no expression

juggernaut66666
Juggs would never even hit WW no expression
neither would ww ko classic juggs

Soljer
Just 1 question have you checked any of the green lantern respect threads?

I've read through nearly every respect thread in the directory. Not to mention the comics I own and read regularly. What kind of debater would I be if I didn't conduct research to back up my claims?

golem370
That wasn't a classic version of Juggernaut because it was a current book.

Juntai
Kyle beating Parallax and Thanos in the old DC-Marvel crossover was hilarious too.

Validus
Yeah, Kyle's already proven he can casually solo an amped up Thanos. Doubt he needs any help here. smile

golem370
Well was that the same Kyle who got beat by Terrax

boriquaking55
I think Thanos should be able to beat just 3 Gl's rather easily - of course on here I guess people are counting Ion as one of them - that's just spite.

For those who saying Thanos can't do it - well since we don't even know how powerful he is now it's just speculation. He did defeat Fallen One and Maker recently - I don't see why he couldn't take out a handful of Lantern's if thats the case

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by boriquaking55
I think Thanos should be able to beat just 3 Gl's rather easily - of course on here I guess people are counting Ion as one of them - that's just spite.

For those who saying Thanos can't do it - well since we don't even know how powerful he is now it's just speculation. He did defeat Fallen One and Maker recently - I don't see why he couldn't take out a handful of Lantern's if thats the case
messed

Validus
Well was that the same Kyle who got beat by Terrax
Yeah, he took down the same Thanos who got shanked by Wolverine.

WrathfulDwarf

&

Hal alone can tackle Thanos.

galan7777777
the GL's win easily

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Hal alone can tackle Thanos.
yeah even Hal's feats are above thanos's feats

grey fox
I'm going with the Lanterns . Thanos is good , but the Gl's are like mini IG .

Tha C-Master
yeah even Hal's feats are above thanos's feats Yea but you have to strive for some balance and acceptance of a character's abilities, or else you just end up in a silly feat war.

Inhuman
right.
also.
IMO Silver surfer takes the majority over any GL (not paralax or ion)
I can see Thanos taking out 3 silver surfers.
I dont really under stand why thanos cant take at least the slight majority over 3 GL's

juggernaut66666
BECAUSE THOSE 3 ARE THE BEST ONES

Validus
GL's are a bigger plot device than Surfer. It helps they have a nice and easy way to BFR Thanos too.

golem370
It is said that Thanos never goes into a fight unprepared.

complexbrother
If Thanos even has a couple of minuets to prepare the 3 GL's dies. if not the have a good chance of stalemating or even taking a slight lead ( GL's 6/10) .

golem370
I am not saying he has prep time I am just saying that what they say about Thanos that never not prepared

UniOmni
Going by feats, i'd say the Gls wins.

But going by standing and positioning, they'd lose in a battle.

Unless it was Superman and WW.......They'd own Thanos.

golem370
Superman and Wonder Woman would lose to

juggernaut66666
Superman and Wonder Woman would lose to
In your opinion thanos can beat parallax

Darth Vegas
The Lanterns FTW.

Big Sexy
In your opinion thanos can beat parallax If you give thanos prep, probably. Hes the master of taking down godlike beings.

golem370
No but he could be Superman & Wonder Woman

Priest
i wonder why is everyone saying the GLs are gonna win this? no one has even said how?
Thanos can take wat ever they can dish out easily.. he has the one of the most uber durability in the MU mainstream..the only person that i see having better showings in durability is Classic Juggy imo. Thanos has taken shots from god like beings for instance a well fed galactus, odin and many others without being put down..If the shields are down, there not gonna hurt thanos... which leads to another question..

tell me how are they gonna break thru thanos's shields? an angry galactus couldn't break thru his shield the first time around during their last confrontation..the GL's don't have the raw power to even break thru them. the GL's power rings will loose power before they can crack his shields.

Silver surfer CANT even hurt thanos, not a slight bit! Thanos casually puts down herald beings on a regular basis with one shot cosmic blasts, and punches..Surfers Durability/ and power is way higher than any of these GLs..

BRF is out of the question because thanos has teleportation tech..
thanos 7/10

the Darkone
Thanos took down the Maker a cube being who is more powerful than any green lantern, and cube beings are above skyfahters and elder gods except for Atum.

Mider999
thanos should die if he fights these three at the same time hal is supposidly the best, and kyle has exceeded him like when he became ion with less power then parallax had yet he could use it for greater things, and kilawog i dont know what that guy can do but yeah thanos goes down.

King KAM
KMC rules say, "Thanos wins" so it is written...

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Priest
i wonder why is everyone saying the GLs are gonna win this? no one has even said how?
Nothing new there...

Originally posted by Priest
Thanos can take wat ever they can dish out easily.. he has the one of the most uber durability in the MU mainstream..the only person that i see having better showings in durability is Classic Juggy imo. Thanos has taken shots from god like beings for instance a well fed galactus, odin and many others without being put down..If the shields are down, there not gonna hurt thanos... which leads to another question..

tell me how are they gonna break thru thanos's shields? an angry galactus couldn't break thru his shield the first time around during their last confrontation..the GL's don't have the raw power to even break thru them. the GL's power rings will loose power before they can crack his shields.

Silver surfer CANT even hurt thanos, not a slight bit! Thanos casually puts down herald beings on a regular basis with one shot cosmic blasts, and punches..Surfers Durability/ and power is way higher than any of these GLs..

BRF is out of the question because thanos has teleportation tech..
thanos 7/10 The only win I see for them is BFR'ing them outside of his teleportation range... they could do it, but they aren't "pwningswernwora because they're GL's"

Juntai
I am not saying he has prep time I am just saying that what they say about Thanos that never not prepared Same thing they say about Batman and Deathstroke and like 100 other characters.

Juntai
I think a lot of people are forgetting how good of a GL Hal Jordan is, fighting him off when he's fighting at optimum, is something crazy. In the corp, a BRIGADE of GL's would be considered good they make Hal Jordan even break a sweat, let alone hold him back or beat him. This guy just decimated Alex Nero who was drawing power directly from ION.

Kyle's feats are rediculous, they speak for themselves.

Kilowog, while not having the feats of the other two is clearly noticed in the rankings and respect... as being just a notch below those two, probably about the same level as Guy Gardner.

The-Judge2
yes, they can... i think... I judges the GLs as the victorsbig grin

golem370
Originally posted by Juntai
Same thing they say about Batman and Deathstroke and like 100 other characters.

And they usally do.

Priest
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Nothing new there...
and i thought i was the only person noticing

golem370
I think the fact that Thanos beat an entire army by himself needs to be said and not just any army but the most dangerous in the galaxy or universe and he beat them with ease.

golem370

xmarksthespot
If you're going to directly copy something, you should acknowledge the source or at least put quotation marks around it.

newyorkcares
If Ion was up in that piece, than they could probably put him down(but not out).If they were all just Green Lanterns, Thanos would lay a beatdown on them. Thanos wins.

Broly92

&

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.