Strong Guy vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
Strong Guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_Guy

Strong Guy Vs Captain America, who wins?

golem370
I would say Strong Guy hands down

The-Judge2
cap loses with a breaked neck...

Alfheim
Originally posted by golem370
I would say Strong Guy hands down

Im not sure. We all know that Cap can hurt people alot stronger than him, but what is his strength limit? SG can abosrb kinetic energy but can he do it quick enough to be so strong that Cap cannot hurt him? Also bare in mind he cannot do it for long.

SG is also near sighted, Cap can knock off his glasses. He can dodge SG all day and wait for the right moment then nerve strike him.

Cap 10/10

golem370
Even at his regular size he was like class 50 and he has caught Spider-Man off guard with his speed

Alfheim
Even at his regular size he was like class 50 and he has caught Spider-Man off guard with his speed

Yeah but speed is not SG's prescribed power, should he be able to do that?

galan7777777
Cap wins here, if nothing else he should be able to dodge SG waiting for the opportune moment to incopassitate him, cap wins 9/10

captainamerica2

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah but speed is not SG's prescribed power, should he be able to do that?

What do you mean? If he's able to surprise opponents with his speed, it means he's a lot faster than he looks.

And Strong Guy is at a constant state of about class 50, even without absorbing more kinetic energy. Cap will get wrecked.

Strong Guy 9/10.

ExtraMision5555
Judgeing from what people are saying about strong guy, i could give cap some, maybe one or two, but i think hes gona have a hard time dealing with cl50 jabs, not to mention seeing that SG absorbs kinetic energy it would take cap alot of successful hits to hope to perhaps, overload sg

Metalmanx
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Judgeing from what people are saying about strong guy, i could give cap some, maybe one or two, but i think hes gona have a hard time dealing with cl50 jabs, not to mention seeing that SG absorbs kinetic energy it would take cap alot of successful hits to hope to perhaps, overload sg

Only thing is, I don't see Cap going anywhere close to overloading SG.

He CAN release his stored energy, you know. He just likes to release it in the form of super-strong punches and such. wink

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Metalmanx

He CAN release his stored energy, you know. He just likes to release it in the form of super-strong punches and such. wink

yeah exactly, even still, If its anything like Sebastien shaw, look how much punishment colossus was handing out and it still didnt even overload him. Regardless, yes, SG can release it, and cap cant put it out enough.

Alfheim
What do you mean? If he's able to surprise opponents with his speed, it means he's a lot faster than he looks.

And Strong Guy is at a constant state of about class 50, even without absorbing more kinetic energy. Cap will get wrecked.

Strong Guy 9/10.

What I mean is this, this is nowhere in his bio that says he has superspeed or peak human speed. Obvously he is not slow and has some fighting skills but if speed is not his prescribed power then its PIS that he can suprise Spiderman.

Its not like Cap where it says in his bio blantantly that his abilities give the powere to to defeat people who are much more powerful than him.

On a regular basis how fast is SG?

He doesnt have to....pressure points!!! Furthermore he can smash SG's glasses.

Kid Kurdy
When ?

golem370
Web of Spider-Man #106 An Infinity Crusades Crossover

Dinalfos
Well, tons of bricks have cought Spiderman(and many other fast people) off guard with their speed.

golem370
Cover-

golem370
I don't think anybody who has caught Spider-Man off guard can be called bricks.Because he has the spider-sense and agility and reflexes many times faster then a human faster then batman Captain America Wolverine & people like Lizard and Kraven who have enchanced speed and agility.

Dinalfos
Catching Spiderman off guard usually means that he is underestimating his opponent. Happens all the time. If Spiderman really doesn't want to be touched, he won't. However, that doesn't mean he can't be surprised by their speed.

ExtraMision5555
Ok, spinning off topic

back on track

Cap doesnt have spider sense. Strong guy can tag him

I understand what your saying, but within your statement you said something interesting.

Your right, it doesnt say that strong guy has superspead or peak human, likewise you are also right it doesnt say Cap can beat bigger guys as a power. Contrairily, both have done it. Therefore apparently it can happen again, for either of them. Cap is capable of beating strong guy although i see it as very unlikely in a 'normal' (non plot advancement) scenario, sure, it could happen.

And you could MAYBE, apply the same concept to Strong guys speed (although i am not sure on how fast he normally fightS), but if you did, you would also invoulentairily be saying that cap should not be able to beat massively stronger guys.

So according to that statement, Strong guy should win by default.

Kid Kurdy
Web of Spider-Man #106 An Infinity Crusades Crossover
In Infinity Crusade, Spider-Man was beating the s*** out of Strong Guy - okay I know I'm exaggerating - but was suddenly distracted because his ally Puck was hurt. That's why he looked the other way, and at the same time, Strong Guy jumped at him.

Hardly a speed feat.

Back to topic, Strong Guy should win the majority. Cap won't go down easily however.

Alfheim
Cover-

Wait a minute! Is that what you're talking about? You're talking about a pic with SG MISSING Spiderman and you're calling that suprised???? Ok fine that piece of evidence does not count.

I don't think anybody who has caught Spider-Man off guard can be called bricks.Because he has the spider-sense and agility and reflexes many times faster then a human faster then batman Captain America Wolverine & people like Lizard and Kraven who have enchanced speed and agility.

No he does not, the example you used was rubbish and none of his bios says he has superhuman reflexes let alone peak human.

Cap doesnt have spider sense. Strong guy can tag him

Maybe but from what his bio and his showings show it will be unlikely. Oh and I just found out SG didnt even hit Spiderman the example is rubbish. Cap can tag Spidey on a regular basis, SG is going down.

Your right, it doesnt say that strong guy has superspead or peak human, likewise you are also right it doesnt say Cap can beat bigger guys as a power.

Yeah it does actually.

Cap

He is extremely skilled in hand-to-hand combat, sometimes taking on and defeating foes whose strength, size, or superpowers greatly exceed his.

So according to that statement, Strong guy should win by default.

Er no Cap will win by default.

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
In Infinity Crusade, Spider-Man was beating the s*** out of Strong Guy - okay I know I'm exaggerating - but was suddenly distracted because his ally Puck was hurt. That's why he looked the other way, and at the same time, Strong Guy jumped at him.

Hardly a speed feat.

Exactly

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

Back to topic, Strong Guy should win the majority. Cap won't go down easily however.

Cap beats people like SG for breakfast he is strong but too slow.

Alfheim
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
and pressure points - assuming Strong Guy's deformed body even has them and has them in the same equivalent places as regular human anatomy, which are two big assumptions - still rely on kinetic energy which Strong Guy absorbs.

Ok somebody made this point in another thread. SG's power is too absorb kinetic energy. I made the assumption that punches and kicks will not work on SG obvously because he will absorb brute force. I was under the impression that pressure points would work beccuse eventhough SG absorbs kinetic energy, there is a highier limit to what he can absorb but there is also a lower limit. For example SG may absorb kinetc energy, but im sure he still feels things. Since the application of pressure points is not brute force it could still work.

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/7783/smart10ww.gif

If you look at the above scan it has a similar principle. Superheroes are trying to break through a barrier that absorbs sound. By pounding on the souind barrier you simply make it stronger, but by touching it you can break through it.

golem370
He didn't miss Spider-Man he tackled him and then he also hit Spider-Man

Metalmanx
Ok somebody made this point in another thread. SG's power is too absorb kinetic energy. I made the assumption that punches and kicks will not work on SG obvously because he will absorb brute force. I was under the impression that pressure points would work beccuse eventhough SG absorbs kinetic energy, there is a highier limit to what he can absorb but there is also a lower limit. For example SG may absorb kinetc energy, but im sure he still feels things. Since the application of pressure points is not brute force it could still work.

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/7783/smart10ww.gif

If you look at the above scan it has a similar principle. Superheroes are trying to break through a barrier that absorbs sound. By pounding on the souind barrier you simply make it stronger, but by touching it you can break through it.

Err...the sound example is kind of different, my friend.

No matter what physical attack Cap performs on Strong Guy, it WILL BE ABSORBED. That's all Cap has is Kinetic Energy. Unless Cap someday wields the power Cosmic or gains unknown telepathy...Strong Guy will take him out everytime.

Alfheim
Err...the sound example is kind of different, my friend.

No matter what physical attack Cap performs on Strong Guy, it WILL BE ABSORBED. That's all Cap has is Kinetic Energy. Unless Cap someday wields the power Cosmic or gains unknown telepathy...Strong Guy will take him out everytime.

No they are similar. If you create sound when punching the barrier it gets stronger, The Things touched the barrier so lightly that it made no or little sound at all.

Both the barrier and SG's kinetic absorption are similar in principle.

xmarksthespot
No they're not. no expression

Alfheim
No they're not. no expression

Ok explain because they seem pretty similar to me.

xmarksthespot
From what I can surmise the sound example you posted Klaw is creating a barrier fueled by sound he generates. Noise generated only serves to strengthen the barrier. A silent force will be effective. The barrier is being strengthened by sound not force.

Strong Guy absorbs kinetic energy. Kinetic energy strengthens him. Hit him with a lot of kinetic energy or little kinetic energy it's still absorbed and strengthens him. The sound of the kinetic impact has no effect on the effectiveness of the kinetic impact. There is no analogy to be drawn.

Alfheim
From what I can surmise the sound example you posted Klaw is creating a barrier fueled by sound he generates. Noise generated only serves to strengthen the barrier. A silent force will be effective. The barrier is being strengthened by sound not force.

Well I dont think it was actually silent, if you look at the scans when he touches iit makes an MMMM sound. The barrier was therefore not able to absorb enough energy to protect itself because eventhough sound was made it was not loud enough.

Alfheim
*bump* Anyone got any thoughts about this?

Kid Kurdy
He didn't miss Spider-Man he tackled him and then he also hit Spider-Man
The how and the why of this has already been explained. Spider-Man looked the other way for a second - he was concerned about Puck - and Strong Guy tackled Spider-Man.

Alfheim
*bump* So definetaly nothing to add.....

Alfheim
I was right about the pressure points. Sebastian Shaw who has the same power as strong guy can be beaten in this manner.

Sebastien Shaw wiki

He can also be defeated if an opponent focuses on simply immobilizing him without striking him with significant force.

In hindsight im not sure now. I am just thinking in order to grapple some one you are still applying kinetic force. Technically Sebastien should be able to use it for strength, but just like pressure point strikes the kinetic energy is too small for him to absorb.

Brutacus
Still shaw is not a 50 ton at base strenght, Strong guy is and since Strong guy's body is deformed, the pressure points may not work, since the place you have to hit him are out of place.

Brutacus
Sorry double post.

Ow and one other thing since strong guy is a 50 tonner and he is build like a bodybuilder, for a pressure point to work on him will require force.
So even iff you use pressure points, you have to strike him harder than other people to really hurt him, but than again a strike with enough force in it will only give him energy and make him stronger.

jrodslam
I do thihnk that the pressure points would work on Strong Guy. true SG can absorb the kinetic energy, but i think that applies mainly to punches, kicks, large pbjects or force. Because a nerve attack is so minimal, i dont think SG could absorb it and boost his strength any more.

Prime example is Multiple Man. He makes dupes via kinetic energy, but not every type of contact makes a dupe for him. I have seen him make a dupe with as little kinetic energy such as a stomp or banging his hand on the floor, but something like a nerve strike would most likely not create a dupe.

Back to the fight: I think nerve strikes would work on Guido, but Cap would have to work kinda hard to get them off considering SG is a very good h2h combatant as well. All in all i think thats Caps only way of victory here which doesnt give him the best odds. I give Strong Guy the majority 7/10. Maybe 8.

Roldz
Wouldnt it still apply pressure, it still contains potential kinetic energy which is automaticly absorb by Guido, itd be like touching him.. What i wanna know is how much quantity of kinetic energy would it need for him to automaticly absorb those energies? below that would work...

jrodslam
Originally posted by Roldz
Wouldnt it still apply pressure, it still contains potential kinetic energy which is automaticly absorb by Guido, itd be like touching him.. What i wanna know is how much quantity of kinetic energy would it need for him to automaticly absorb those energies? below that would work...

If that was the case Strong Guy would be absorbing the energy everytime he takes a step or someone shakes his hand or gives him a hug. I think his absorbing qualities only applies to blunt force such as punch, kicks and other high force types of contact.

Just my belief on his powers.

Roldz
Originally posted by jrodslam
If that was the case Strong Guy would be absorbing the energy everytime he takes a step or someone shakes his hand or gives him a hug. I think his absorbing qualities only applies to blunt force such as punch, kicks and other high force types of contact.

Just my belief on his powers.
I think maybe Pressure point does work on Guido but youve have to be a lot stronger than Capt for it to work, the more strength you've applied the better chance that it well penetrate cause he does not absorb 100% of the Impact energy it produce from a 80 tunner punch say Blob Falling out from the skies but i quess below 65 tunner he could probably absorb 100 %.. Regarding his walking/normal daily motion all that is the limit where his auto Kinetic absortion does not works above that like say running faster or Jumping higher it automaticly gets absorbs but is realease by Guido.. However sharp objects does work on him.. So i still say SG wins Majority 7-8/10..

Dreampanther

Alfheim
Originally posted by jrodslam
SG is a very good h2h combatant as well.

Yeah but obvously no where near Cap's level. Cap should be able to dodge SG all day.

However sharp objects does work on him.. So i still say SG wins Majority 7-8/10..

Are you sure? Each combatant has basic knowldege of each other. Would this be considered basic knowledge....I don't think so. Considering that he knows that SG absorbs kinetic energy Cap would probably avoid using the edge of his shield.

Originally posted by Brutacus

So even iff you use pressure points, you have to strike him harder than other people to really hurt him, but than again a strike with enough force in it will only give him energy and make him stronger.

I guess so, but eventhough Cap would have to hit harder would this still be considered too low? For example if he could lift 100 tons maybe a 1 ton punch would be considered to be a touch in class 100 terms. Would this be too low to register....I dont know.

Turok16
To Altheim laughing laughing

Alfheim
Originally posted by Turok16
To Altheim laughing laughing
Cheers.... confused

Alfheim
Still shaw is not a 50 ton at base strenght, Strong guy is and since Strong guy's body is deformed, the pressure points may not work, since the place you have to hit him are out of place.

Actually that maybe true but what strength level was Shaw at when he was being immobilsed? If someone could get the scans this could help solve the problem. Because if he was at superhumans levels being restrained by a superhuman and he did not absorb the energy, then its possible for somebody without superhuman strength to apply enough force in a certain way to knock him out

He probably was at superhuman levels it has been said that when he wakes up he starts punching the walls in order to increase his strength.

Turok16
Cheers.... confused I'm laughing AT you.

Brutacus
Still I say pressure points shouldn't be able to work, ok we are talking comics, but still the guy is a 50 tonner, he's muscle's are way stronger than a normal humans, so to strike him with a pressure point, you need force.
Force will make him stronger.

And to try to out judo a 50 tonner who knows streetfight doesn't really sound like a good idea, get to close the guy could crush you with a bearhug in 1 sec, and use his strenght nope you use his movement so iff he hits with his full body behind it or try to hit and stand his ground without going with the punch, it will be a lot harder to throw the guy, thrust me I know I done judo from wenn I was 6 year old till 18 year old.

So caps best way to defeat strong guy is to stay away, maybe wear him out, and try to defeat him with his speed, not stand toe to toe with they guy.

Roldz
Yeah but obvously no where near Cap's level. Cap should be able to dodge SG all day.

Guido actually fights quite smart, he might not look like it. When in combat his always thingking a head mostly shown on panel too.. I dont know about Capt. being able to dodge all day, you've got to count the battle ground as well and in this fight its in SG's advantage not to mention if this fight goes inside a structure say building, Capt would have even a slighter chances of winning.. You got to remember he learned from the best; Hulk Thunderclap, Hulk smashed, Hulk stomp... big grin

Yeah im sure, this is how Cyber managed to poisoned him.. A slight tap in the shoulder with his sharp claws then the 2 duked it out...

he is able to walk, run, the norm daily function w/out absorbing kinetic energy.. but on a comic panel his was shown jumping a few feet so as to absorb then unleashed it on a wall... A 1 ton punch should still register.. I think his only chance to win against SG is that shield but i dont think its sharp enough.. This is a very tough fight for Cap..

The thing is if Cap stays away, SG could just throw building blocks/large cements or stones at him and if hes amp at say above 80 tonner those would be a fast ball special big grin , I dont think Cap has that kind of reflexes to avoid those things thrown at him...

Brutacus
Ok, so strong guy should be able to win this.

jrodslam

I know he isnt on Caps level of h2h combat and i never stated so, but hes still good enough to possibly cause Cap some probems. Even IF Cap dodged all day, he couldnt win the fight on that alone.

OneDumbG0
Cap's used pressure points on Hulk, so I'm not sure why people don't think it'd work on Strong Guy. But either way, if Cap HAD to win the battle, he'd probably just cut Strong Guy's throat with a shield toss. Cap's shield can cut through steel and I doubt Strong Guy's skin is stronger than steel.

Cap 9/10

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Cap's used pressure points on Hulk, so I'm not sure why people don't think it'd work on Strong Guy. But either way, if Cap HAD to win the battle, he'd probably just cut Strong Guy's throat with a shield toss. Cap's shield can cut through steel and I doubt Strong Guy's skin is stronger than steel.

Cap 9/10
It works on Hulk becaue Hulk does not absorb pressure to make himself stronger.

It would not work on SG, you dont just lightly poke a pressure point to make it work, you apply pressure. And since SG is 50++ tons Cap will have to apple a little extra pressure that will just get absorbed. Very very simple logic.

Metalmanx
Strong Guy for the win.

Roldz

Cap 9/10
Well only if Guido decides to expose his throat when Cap throws that shield and even then its not really going to work cause all that impact energy is absorb.. Cap shields uses momentum and speed to cut an object, those are rendered useless by Guidos mutant ability...

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
It works on Hulk becaue Hulk does not absorb pressure to make himself stronger.

It would not work on SG, you dont just lightly poke a pressure point to make it work, you apply pressure. And since SG is 50++ tons Cap will have to apple a little extra pressure that will just get absorbed. Very very simple logic. I don't think that's how it would work. But I haven't seen a whole lot of Strong Guy's fights. I think you guys are overestimating his powers. If his kinetic energy absorption powers were as extreme as say Bishop's, than I'd agree. Bishop has absorbed the tiny bit of energy that dissipates when a snow flake falls and melts on his body. If Strong Guy's power is like that, then I would agree with you.

Either way, what's to stop Cap from slicing his throat open with his shield? Honestly curious.

Roldz
Thats exactly how his powers works.. The only time his mutant ability to absorb impact energy nulled is when his releasing it... I quess that part of his body does not absorb, part thats releasing i mean..

Brutacus
I don't think that's how it would work. But I haven't seen a whole lot of Strong Guy's fights. I think you guys are overestimating his powers. If his kinetic energy absorption powers were as extreme as say Bishop's, than I'd agree. Bishop has absorbed the tiny bit of energy that dissipates when a snow flake falls and melts on his body. If Strong Guy's power is like that, then I would agree with you.

Either way, what's to stop Cap from slicing his throat open with his shield? Honestly curious.

Euh strong guy is a 50 ton street fighter try to get close to that, he's not like hulk a pwer house he was a bodyguard so I'm sure he knows some form of self defends.

Brian Oswald
I don't think that's how it would work. But I haven't seen a whole lot of Strong Guy's fights. I think you guys are overestimating his powers. If his kinetic energy absorption powers were as extreme as say Bishop's, than I'd agree. Bishop has absorbed the tiny bit of energy that dissipates when a snow flake falls and melts on his body. If Strong Guy's power is like that, then I would agree with you.

Well if he throws the shield and hits him then congrats. But if he misses and SG gets it then Cap is over with for good

OneDumbG0
You're saying Cap couldn't slice Strong Guy's throat with a shield toss because Strong Guy knows how to defend himself? You're kidding me right? Have you seen the insane crap that Cap can do with that thing and how fast it is when it bounces around? Superhumans have trouble tracking that thing when it ricochets. From all the comics I've read, only people like Spidey and DD with their Spidey sense and radar sense know its flight path. And I suppose telepaths too. And I guess people with time-travel. And people with computer minds or tech. And...

... anyway, Strong Guy's got none of that. When's the last time Cap's thrown his shield and missed barring the above? I been reading Cap comics for ages and I honestly can't remember.

If this fight comes down to what you said, "He hits him then congrats. But if he misses... Cap is over," I sure as hell am gonna bet Cap is gonna nail him alright. Nine times out of ten.

Cap 9/10

Metalmanx
You're saying Cap couldn't slice Strong Guy's throat with a shield toss because Strong Guy knows how to defend himself? You're kidding me right? Have you seen the insane crap that Cap can do with that thing and how fast it is when it bounces around? Superhumans have trouble tracking that thing when it ricochets. From all the comics I've read, only people like Spidey and DD with their Spidey sense and radar sense know its flight path. And I suppose telepaths too. And I guess people with time-travel. And people with computer minds or tech. And...

... anyway, Strong Guy's got none of that. When's the last time Cap's thrown his shield and missed barring the above? I been reading Cap comics for ages and I honestly can't remember.

If this fight comes down to what you said, "He hits him then congrats. But if he misses... Cap is over," I sure as hell am gonna bet Cap is gonna nail him alright. Nine times out of ten.

Cap 9/10

Who's throats, besides Ultron's, has 616 Cap slit with his shield?

OneDumbG0
He's threatened to slit Absorbing Man's throat. Are you saying that just because Cap never does kill, this is not a valid tactic to win a fight? This is KMC, not a Captain America comic. We assume these guys would do what was necessary to win.

If he had to and he believed it was the only way, he would. Cap's murdered before. He murdered the Red Skull in Captain America Vol 3, #17. Of course, he was able to go back in time and change his mind and "find another way."

EDIT: Oh, and just to give you a better example, Captain America cut off Baron Blood's head off with his shield. So there you go.

Metalmanx
He's threatened to slit Absorbing Man's throat. Are you saying that just because Cap never does kill, this is not a valid tactic to win a fight? This is KMC, not a Captain America comic. We assume these guys would do what was necessary to win.

If he had to and he believed it was the only way, he would. Cap's murdered before. He murdered the Red Skull in Captain America Vol 3, #17. Of course, he was able to go back in time and change his mind and "find another way."

EDIT: Oh, and just to give you a better example, Captain America cut off Baron Blood's head off with his shield. So there you go.

Woah. Relax, man. I was just asking a question. I don't ever recall Cap slitting anyone's throats with his shield before. In fact, I can totally see him taking off heads first before I see him able to slit a throat with his shield.

And really, that pic says nothing of his ability to slit his throat. It says he can hurt him with the shield, which I do believe. ESPECIALLY since the shield is NOT razor-edged, and he's holding it, not throwing it. Which means he couldn't produce the amount of power to slit his throat anyway. He's bluffing.

OneDumbG0
You really think he's bluffing? Captain America's shield has cut through metal before plenty of times. I'm pretty sure you can take Cap's words at face value there, he's not the kind of man that would boast or lie.

But its true; that position is kind of difficult if he did want to get leverage. But who's to say that Cap didn't mean to raise his shield in the air and cut his head off like he did to Ultron?

Either way, I doubt that position is the one Cap would be in if he wanted to slit Strong Guy's throat. He'd probably do it with a ricochet shield toss. He's extremely accurate with it.

Metalmanx
I dunno. I mean, Guido's super durable as well. It's not just super strength. Who's even to say it would slit his throat?

Another thing though. Cap throws his shield, what's to stop Guido from just putting his hand up in the path to block it? I mean, really, it's not that difficult. Especially since he'll see the motion of Cap preparing to throw the shield, he should have plenty of time to shield his more vulnerable areas. And when the shield hits his hands/back/whatever, he'll absorb the kinetic energy, powering him up even more.

Roldz
Yes Cap shield can cut through metal with use of blant force (its not as sharp as Cybers claws or logans) but when that force is nulled by SG mutant power coupled with his durability that damage would be very minimal... And Cap would have to slow down when exerting that kind of force giving SG some chances of hitting him..

How would Cap defend blocks of cement flying at him at mach speed, not just one but a bunch of em?

Metalmanx
Yes Cap shield can cut through metal with use of blant force (its not as sharp as Cybers claws or logans) but when that force is nulled by SG mutant power coupled with his durability that damage would be very minimal... And Cap would have to slow down when exerting that kind of force giving SG some chances of hitting him..

How would Cap defend blocks of cement flying at him at mach speed, not just one but a bunch of em?

Not very well, I'd imagine.

Alfheim

Another thing though. Cap throws his shield, what's to stop Guido from just putting his hand up in the path to block it? I mean, really, it's not that difficult. Especially since he'll see the motion of Cap preparing to throw the shield, he should have plenty of time to shield his more vulnerable areas. And when the shield hits his hands/back/whatever, he'll absorb the kinetic energy, powering him up even more.

C'mon man dont be silly. If it was that easy he wouldn't hit anybody. The fact is hes an expert at using his shield. Only people like Spiderman can either catch it or block it SG isn't one of them. He could probably throw it before he could react.

Cap can dodge bullets he can dodge blocks of cement. He has dodged spidey's webbing SG doesnt even have superhuman reflexes.

Still I say pressure points shouldn't be able to work, ok we are talking comics, but still the guy is a 50 tonner, he's muscle's are way stronger than a normal humans, so to strike him with a pressure point, you need force.
Force will make him stronger.

And to try to out judo a 50 tonner who knows streetfight doesn't really sound like a good idea, get to close the guy could crush you with a bearhug in 1 sec, and use his strenght nope you use his movement so iff he hits with his full body behind it or try to hit and stand his ground without going with the punch, it will be a lot harder to throw the guy, thrust me I know I done judo from wenn I was 6 year old till 18 year old.

So caps best way to defeat strong guy is to stay away, maybe wear him out, and try to defeat him with his speed, not stand toe to toe with they guy.

Ok fair enough but there is one way we can figure out if Cap should be able to do this. We need to get some scans of Sebastien Shaw, if he was at superhuman strength when being restrained that means Cap could probably pressur point him.

Do you undertsand my logic? If you restrain somebody kinetic force is still being applied but obvoulsy it was not enough for Sebastien to absorb.

Metalmanx
C'mon man dont be silly. If it was that easy he wouldn't hit anybody. The fact is hes an expert at using his shield. Only people like Spiderman can either catch it or block it SG isn't one of them. He could probably throw it before he could react.

Cap can dodge bullets he can dodge blocks of cement. He has dodged spidey's webbing SG doesnt even have superhuman reflexes.

Ok fair enough but there is one way we can figure out if Cap should be able to do this. We need to get some scans of Sebastien Shaw, if he was at superhuman strength when being restrained that means Cap could probably pressur point him.

Do you undertsand my logic? If you restrain somebody kinetic force is still being applied but obvoulsy it was not enough for Sebastien to absorb.

Uh...it's always enough to be absorb. Almost any attack will give off kinetic energy. Guido absorbs that. erm

And come on. Guido won't see this motion: http://www.comic-mint.com/media/client/0909_joe-jusko-captain-america-small.JPG and not think Cap will throw the shield at him? Cap's fast, but he can't make that motion and throw the shield hard/fast enough before Guido reacting.

Brutacus

Still Sebastian is not Strong guy, Shaw starts off as a normal human, he doesn't start with 50 ton, and look at there body's these are two diffrent people we are talking about.
There powers also doesn't seem to work the same way. shaw can keep building he energy, untill he overloads or something.
while strong guy needs to release it within 90 seconds or he will mutate's even more.

OneDumbG0
Still Sebastian is not Strong guy, Shaw starts off as a normal human, he doesn't start with 50 ton, and look at there body's these are two diffrent people we are talking about.
There powers also doesn't seem to work the same way. shaw can keep building he energy, untill he overloads or something.
while strong guy needs to release it within 90 seconds or he will mutate's even more. Interesting. So what happens when he does? Is it a big blast? Is he weakened when he does? What happens when he doesn't? Does he overload himself and turn into a big mass of mutated crap? Sounds like somethign Cap would be able to turn into his advantage.

Besides, Sebastian Shaw could be picked up and thrown about and that requires force to be applied for the grip. Therefore, pressure points would work on Strong Guy. Simple fight even without Cap turning Strong Guy's powers against him.

Brutacus
Interesting. So what happens when he does? Is it a big blast? Is he weakened when he does? What happens when he doesn't? Does he overload himself and turn into a big mass of mutated crap? Sounds like somethign Cap would be able to turn into his advantage.

Besides, Sebastian Shaw could be picked up and thrown about and that requires force to be applied for the grip. Therefore, pressure points would work on Strong Guy. Simple fight even without Cap turning Strong Guy's powers against him.

Euh it made him stonger but yet deformed, he knocked out a friend of his wenn his powers fist showed up.

and cap doesn't have the power to let strong guy overload.

And picking someone up or use pressure points on him is a totally diffrent thing.

Because wenn you use pressure points you still hit someone and you don't throw him.

And what works for shaw might not work for strong guy.

Alfheim

And what works for shaw might not work for strong guy.

Yeah but they have the same power. Yeah we dont know for sure, but since their powers are very similar they will probably work the same way.

Brutacus
Yeah but they have the same power. Yeah we dont know for sure, but since their powers are very similar they will probably work the same way.

Even iff there power where the same, there body's aren't, shaw has a normal body.
Strong guy has the body of a 50 tonner.

Roldz
What good would the shield do thrown when itd only make SG even stronger, also hed be throwing his only defense/advantage against a tank opponent...

So Cap has mach 2-5 reflexes roll eyes (sarcastic) , I know he has dodge bullets before but thats him using combination of shield/instinc/luck/ and JB aura.. brought on by the writers..lol

How is Cap even going to prevent SG from releasing those energies.. The only time SG was unable to release those energies was when the first time his powers manifested and it resulted in how he looks at present...

Those 2 might have desame mutant abilities to absorb kinetic energy, inhancing their durability/strength but it stops there.. The application of both there mutant powers are diff.. Shaw's muscles does not suffer from side effect of absorbing those energies, can release it at will/ SG auto absorb those energies as long as it is above normal application of force and must constantly release it/suffers from muscle abnormality and is painfull...

Phantom Zone
Red Lotus used pressure points on Sebastien Shaw in Xtreme X-men. So my theory was correct pressure point can work on kinetic absorbers because pressure points don't provide enough energy for them to absorb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.