Ush's Game Episode III- "Artifact"- Gumf archive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Gundark
Sounds exciting, to be sure. Where does this game fall in the timeline ?

Captain REX
Hey, since I lost most of my weapons in this game, can I get some new ones? A Repeater or a plasma rifle? (just incase your wondering, Clonetroopers had a kind of plasma rifle). All I have right now is a pistol and lightsabers and a few grenades.

Ushgarak
Rex, you can ALWAYS get guns...

Gundy, it is set not long after this game. The current main storyline will last for five stories before we fast forward.

yerssot
hmm, you know Grans own the Dugs?

Ushgarak
The relevance of this escapes me...

yerssot
just checking how much you know about Gran

Ushgarak
It's not that important!

Captain REX
yerssot's back...the wackoness shows it... eek!

yerssot
ah, but you don't know about my plan...yet

Ushgarak
It's REMARKABLY early for plans in a game that hasn't even started, yerss! You'll be busy enough as it is.

yerssot
just relax, I'm not that planning ahead yet...
*starts dreaming away*

*unknown voice*
Little does the gamemaster know that Yerssot Rancume is planning to steal the gameworld to get all the chocolat he wants. Will they be able to stop the wacko Yerssot?
Stay tuned for the next story of Ushgaraks remarkable game, on a computerscreen near you

LanceWindu
Personnaly I can't wait for the next game.

This one was much more fun for me.

We had more players and I got to post a lot more than in the first game.

Gundark
yerss, save your wackiness for the GDF, thank you. cool

yerssot
ow djee! but that's just such a small part of KMC! can I keep being wacko and communist in the humor section? please?

Gundark
Thats an excellent idea. Off you go.

Captain REX
Good bye! Don't come back! j/k

yerssot
ha, and y'all believed me!

Captain REX
So I could choose whatever weapons I wanted? Yes!

Here's a list:

Grenades
CryoBan Grenades
DL-44 Pistols (2)
Lightsabers (2)
Rail Detonator
Plasma Rifle

(Just in case you are wondering, a plasma rifle would be like a Clonetrooper gun)

Ushgarak
Look, a rail detonator is a rocket launcher. Casually carrying one of those is not easy!

yerssot
and I take it takes a time to get it out, aim and fire?

Captain REX
If only video games were more realistic...*sigh*

Okay, but are the others okay?

Ushgarak
Fine. Rifle, pistol, grenades... fine.

Captain REX
How about assassin droids and a superlaser? laughing out loud

yerssot
I say "don't overpush it"

Ushgarak
If Bounty Hunters (and similar types) ever get into the game, they get fancy stuff like assassin droids and other devices.

Wait until you see Balek in action.

Captain REX
Oh dear...

Bespin Bart
My brother's game is getting a lot of attention. sad

*sarcasm sarcasm*

Captain REX
Yeah... sad

Ushgarak
Well, I'm interested! As you know. What were you expecting people to say about it?

Captain REX
Ask questions!

Hey, can I edit the title? I'd like it to say "/JOIN HERE!" after what it currently says.

queeq
Is this some kind of infotainment thread?

Ushgarak
I admit, it HAS lost the plot a little...

queeq
Never mind, it's still fun.

mah
I'm in for this third one too, of course

Captain REX
Oh darn... stick out tongue

finti
I can be a bad ass dark jedi evil face

Captain REX
Finti has returned to the RPG!

*runs around like Anakin in TPM*

Yipee!

finti
in other words bad acting then

Captain REX
Maybe... stick out tongue

You would make a good DJ.

finti
I make a good anything big grin espesially a norse sith wink

Captain REX
There's not really any Sith in these games. Just close to them.

Ushgarak
Howdy Finti! Well do I remember your evil...

We don't actually currently run a game like the very original one any more and I seem to remember that, like queeq, you were rather happier with that original format than what we have now. That said, I am still open to suggestions to start a new free-for-all game to accomodate all comers.

If you think there is too much hassle associated with my game you can always look at Rex's! He doesn;t mess around with templates or anything like that.

Captain REX
Templates don't really matter in my game, unless you'd like them to. big grin

It's easy to join, easy to leave (although that pisses me off), and easy to play. Hope you join Finti, the DJ could use your evil... evil face

Dexx
sounds like a fun game...hope it''ll be a nice beggining for me...

yerssot
great to have you with us dexx smile

Dexx
sounds like fun

Captain REX
Which side sounds more to your liking? The Dark Jedi get to slash people up, and the Jedi Knights get to be...just...Jedi Knights.

Dexx
personally i preffer the dark side, but i don't agree with pure destroying burning, exploding killing just like that cau-se i'm on the dark side...with no reason.
Oh...BTW, i PMed my cgaracter descriprtion to Ush. Do i have to write it in the special thread again?

yerssot
you may, or ush can paste it there

phinney6
I'm going to be in the third game

Ushgarak
Nice to hear, Phin!

A new description thread will be made for game 3; it can be posted there.

Captain REX
Or, as Yerss said, Ush can paste it! big grin

Good, another Dark-sider. Zink said he wants to join the Dark-side (if he ever gets on this friggin site!). He wants a double-bladed lightsaber, if I remember correctly.

Dexx
naah...single bladed for me.....a green evil one just like this face evil face

Captain REX
I was talkin about my friend General Zink.

A green lightsaber sounds cool. I used to have one...

*looks at LanceWindu*

Hey Dexx, do you want a green lightsaber siggie? I can make it green. cool

Dexx
if it's not too much trouble... big grin

Captain REX
I see you have one. Would you still like me to make one?

Dexx
no, thanx....i like this one for now......

Captain REX
Maybe later...

Anyway, how does podracing come in to this?

yerssot
you know the planet, and you know they drive there

Captain REX
Oh no, we're goin to Tatooine? sad

Or we could go to Malastare, or some whimsical planet that Ush creates. The third one seems likely. big grin

Ushgarak
Various Dark Side absences have sadly slowed the finale for 'REVENGE' which didn't quite come off as planned. Never mind, we got most of the important bits done.

One way or another things will finish on Friday. At this point, any outstanding situation will be resolved. Then, epilogues will be added to both threads to explain the consequences of what happened. This may depress the Lightsiders, but they shouldn't worry too much. The threads will theb be closed; talk things over in the General Discussion thread if you so wish.

On Friday evening the new analysis threads will go up, which will tell people who won, reveal the full story of what happened, and provide opportunities for people to advance the skills and/or powers of their characters.

At some point a thread will be added which describes a scene that is happening inside the SW universe that, while I want you people to know it, it is an event that your characters are completely ignorant of. It should help people understand where this plot fits into the main Star Wars one, and answer something Rex has been talking about for a while as well.

The new game will appear on Saturday, at some point when I actually get up.

Hope to see you there!

Captain REX
My game will probably appear shortly after that. I have to get people to join and then we can start.

yerssot
when will you place it online? in the morning?

Captain REX
btw, I will be sending Private Messages to all the Rpg people today or tomorrow. This includes Dexx and Finti, who want to join Ush's game as well.

yerssot
sp4mm3r roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
i just hope i won't have to go anywhere in this weekend.....oh well......c ya there.

Ushgarak
Gosh, I'm tired. I'll start the new game tomorrow.

Captain REX
I was wondering why you didn't start it...

Dexx
yeah, i checked all day...,,tomorrow than

Captain REX
I checked all day too! To busy myself I went to the HeroMachine at ugo.com, then checked, then the forums for HeroMachine at ugo.com, then checked, then played gamecube for an hour, then checked, and so on.

Ushgarak
Blimey, I didn't realise it would be quite so awaited! Well, a day's delay is probably well, to make sure everyone has read the epilogue and so on (though I still worry about Gundy...)

I'll kick it all off in a mo.

Captain REX
Don't kick Moe! He's nice. big grin

Ushgarak
Ok, now the Light Side knows the broad outline of their mission, this guide should help them stay on the right track throughout.

First of all, a summary of the rules. This is an investigation, not a combat mission, and you are acting as police, not secret agents as you were before. So:

1. Your job is to accumulate evidence of Kuylen's activities, and follow the trail to the man himself. This means finding what he has been doing and why, finding where he has gone and going there, discovering who he might have been talking to and talking to them, and with any luck discovering why he is here before he is finished and being where he will be before he is.

2. You have authority but this is limited. Most people are happy to talk to Jedi but if you want to talk to them longer than THEY want to, you need evidence that they are relevant to the investigation. If you want to aggressively search somewhere, get a warrant. You won't get a warrant without good cause.

3. This is a COVERT mission. As far as nearly everyone is concerned, you are Jedi looking for criminals. Don't go dropping Palpatine's or Kuylen's name unless you have to as you will, respectively, upset Palpatine and alert Kuylen.

4. Some of you might want to be the sort of police who cut corners, ignore red tape and get results. You may try this approach but you had BETTER get results- justified results at that- or you are all for it. Remember, the Council is only lukewarm on this mission anyway and if you guys cause a diplomatic incident, it will not be good news.

Don't worry too much- this is actually a pretty simple case (I could write a complex mystery if I wanted to but thats not very Star Wars). It;s just a good idea for people to understand the rules.

Ok, now that is all understood, something that it might be worthwhile for you guys to do, as he is the target of your investigation, is to build up a profile of Kuylen. What sort of man is he? The more you understand this, the more you will be able to predict what he does.

So, let's kick off... why don't you people start listing what you know about Kuylen?

Ushgarak
Well, folks, here you are, about the cause a load of devastation on a Republic world. A very different proposition than all the trouble you have cuased before! If you become too public then Malastare will make Damagran look like a milk run.

Here are some important rules to follow to avoid giving away your position:

1. Do not display your powers or lightsabres in public or where it will be recorded. This one sounds obvious but you will be surprised how easy it is to forget.

2. If you kill someone with a sabre or the Force, dispose of the body. PROPERLY. People looking for bodies have a lot of ways to find them. Better still, kill no-one at all unless you REALLY have to. All this body disposal will take valuable time.

3. Try not to piss people off. Pissed off people might go blabbing to the Order about you guys being here.

4. Think like Kuylen is thinking. The Dark Side is practical- you take what you want in the easiest way possible. Violence is normally the best way to solve many small problems (though not many big ones). But in THIS case, violence is far more complicated, because of the problems it will cause, than using some brainpower. Violence is your final option.

5. Now, obviously you don't have to worry too much about Jedi being around. After all, none of them know you are here! Do they? Of course not... um... but let's just say that it is a good idea to play it safe. So whenever you do something, think about how it might look to others. Say you use the mind trick to get into place 'X' which is important to you. No mess, no fuss, right? But say someone suspects you of wanting to go to X, and talks to the people that work there, and they find a guy who let some people in, but isn't quite sure why he did it. Hmm, what could THAT possibly be, eh?

Some forethought will be helpful to you all. However, don't fret too much. There shouldn't be much opportunity for you to cause yourselves too much trouble, but I feel better making sure you all know the guidelines above.

mah
...he's a fallen jedi, ace at sabre-wielding

Ushgarak
That certainly covers the base of it all. Keep on going.

phinney6
stealthy, mysterious, ruthless, cunning

Ushgarak
'Mysterious' seems extreme. Kuylen hardly talks about his feelings all day long but he's pretty direct, really.

What things have struck you about Kuylen, from what you have seen of him?

Gundark
When pursuing an objective, he's determined and merciless.

Julie
nice guy really roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bespin Bart
He killed Argentis.

Ushgarak
Gundy has a point there with Kuylen's rather single-minded determination. He DID kill Argentis, but there are a couple of things about the way he did it that speak volumes about his personality.

Does he strike you as a particularly sadistic opponent? Is there anything left of the Jedi in him? What is his background, both as a Jedi and his birthplace?

Fire
don't think kuylen is a sadist, it's like gundy said: he knows what he wants, and he will do whatever it takes to get it, get in the way u die, but he doesn't take pleasure in killing ppl who don't deserve it

Ushgarak
Good! Some more conclusions like that might be helpful.

LanceWindu
He's a ruthless leader.

Ushgarak
Indeed he is (though it is the Dark Siders that get the sharp end of that).

His principle characteristic has not been listed here yet, though it was commented on in story two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.