Elizabeth's Dresses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smaky2511
Is it just me, or does anyone else absolutely love the dresses that Elizabeth gets to wear?! They are so beautiful! I wish we could wear dresses like that, minus the corsets smile . I think my favorite was the wedding dress in second movie.

katelovespirate
i really liked her pirate dress in 1.

the wedding dress wasnt my favorite, because the poor girl's chest was falling out the front.

she looks really lovely in a corset, but gee... those are hard to wear!

i think i would opt for a more piraty/wenchy dress, just to give myself some breathing room. lol

Smaky2511
Yeah, I'd want something that didn't squeeze me in so tightly!

willofthewisp
I didn't like her wedding dress. I just think they should be white I guess.

Has anyone noticed all her Port Royal dresses are essentially yellow? I'm never sure what color the dress she's wearing when Jack rescues her is, but the one at the end and her wedding dress are yellow/gold. Most of the remaining time she wears white (her innocence) while her dress Barbossa gives her is the only color, I guess to show she's in a dangerous, more sensual environment than Port Royal.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I didn't like her wedding dress. I just think they should be white I guess.

Has anyone noticed all her Port Royal dresses are essentially yellow? I'm never sure what color the dress she's wearing when Jack rescues her is, but the one at the end and her wedding dress are yellow/gold. Most of the remaining time she wears white (her innocence) while her dress Barbossa gives her is the only color, I guess to show she's in a dangerous, more sensual environment than Port Royal.

ooooo... nice thoughts here! smile

its true... i always found it interesting since yellow/gold isnt exactly keiras best color... but she is ALWAYS wearing it in port royal.

the dress she gets rescued in is gold... and she's wearing a peach corset with white undergarments.

when she is kidnapped, she is in her nightgown (white) and then the pirate dress goes on... which is her best look so far.

i cant wait to see her in chinese garb. apparantly at one point she is wearing like, shorts, or something, cause she mentioned in an interview she felt very self-conscious about Elizabeth suddenly showing off her legs in 3.

evilm0nki3
Oh my, shorts? That's weird. I didn't know they had shorts back then. lol

ivebeendepped43
the dresses r 2 pretty 4 her

willofthewisp
She could be wearing a short slip. Man that would be hot for Jack.

evilm0nki3
haha that would be funny for her wear something that skimpy and have will jack and norrie all gawking at her

willofthewisp
But what is the deal behind the yellow/gold? The only traditional thing I can think of is that people who are cowards are often called yellow, but Liz isn't a coward, and a coward wouldn't wear gold. It's a very innocent color, and Liz is still innocent in the first movie and the beginning of the second, so that could be it. She may be physically pure still, but after all she's been through, her innocence is gone, even the innocence behind her pirate dream. She know sees it for what it is....does she still want it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.