Recommendations for good EU Literature

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
I've read most of the NJO, the Corelian Trilogy, Thrawn Trilogy, Jedi Academy Trilogy and Planet of Twilight. The major parts of the NJO I missed were the taking of Coruscant and Anakin dying. Are those books worth it?

I just got through Force Heretic I and ithese Ssi-Ruuk and Yavetha sounds interesting. Are the stories on them any good?

Quinlan_Vos
I would go ahead and start the Legacy of the Force. You already know what happens to Anakin and the taking of Coruscant, so you should go forward and read a new series.

Also, you should buy and read Darth Bane Path of Destruction.

Captain REX
Has that come out yet?

Anyways, I suggest EU books from the PT era, rather than post-ROTJ. Thrawn is the only really worthy read, from that lot...

I suggest the following.

Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
Shatterpoint
Labyrinth of Evil

Darth Sexy
yea I just finished Path of Destruction. Excellent read.. I stayed up ALL Night until it was finished and I was NOT disappointed.

Nikkolas
I have Labyrinth of Evill and am going to start it. I also read Shatterpoint sometime ago. It was quite good.

Darth Scythe
Originally posted by Nikkolas

I just got through Force Heretic I and ithese Ssi-Ruuk and Yavetha sounds interesting. Are the stories on them any good?

Truce at Bakura I read probably 10 years ago so my account of it would be in the mentality of a 15 year old.

And the Black Fleet Crisis with the Yevetha was just ok to me. I read it because I read pretty much everything but I wasn't impressed.

I do strongly suggest the 9 books of the X-Wing series, Darksaber, Courtship of Princess Leia, and I, Jedi which is about Corran Horn and his coming to terms with his force heritage.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Captain REX
Has that come out yet?

Anyways, I suggest EU books from the PT era, rather than post-ROTJ. Thrawn is the only really worthy read, from that lot...

I suggest the following.

Shatterpoint
Labyrinth of Evil

Damnit, I was going to say that.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Captain REX

I suggest the following.

Shatterpoint
Labyrinth of Evil

bang You forgot The ROTS novelization which was far and away better than the movie.

Darth Maul: Shandow Hunter is very good too and I dont even like EU.

And the new Legacy series sux IMHO.

Crimson King
Specter of the Past
Visions of the Future
Survival Quest
Outbound Flight

read those in that order.

starwarsfreak34
all of these sound good, but i would personally suggest you get hold of Star by Star where Anakin dies as it's just awesome... it was so good i almost died when i read Troy Denning's Tatooine Ghost as that was awful!
(same author btw)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.