Daniel Craig: Not the best-looking actor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar

crickey77
Good for him -- he has worked his butt off and I think people should respect that. Thanks for the article.

Tangent
But I'd truly respect Craig if he'd said that he realises that _ with the possible exception of Woody Allen _ he's the worst looking actor to play James Bond. Of course, he's a decent actor, and not ugly. But that face may face tough going in a part that has valued eye candy above all (which explains that Lazenby business).

MildPossession
What is he talking about, he is gorgeous, 2nd good looking Bond after Dalton for me smile

Darth Macabre
God, he is ugly. I found his sophistication and suaveness felt out of place with his mug. He's a great actor, and played a great Bond, but his looks make his flirting a tad unbelievable.

Akira99
Daniel Craig is not ugly at all. I think hes the best looking Bond by far and an A class actor who portayed his character better than I ever expected. He's a brave actor as well accepting a role where he has to give the *woof woof* to a 60 year old woman in The Mother

pr1983
I wouldn't say he's ugly, but i don't think he's as good looking as some of the others... that said, to each their own and all that...

and regardless of his looks, i think he did a fine job...

Jim Colyer
Craig has a rugged look, no sissy.

Mr Parker
Although I was not happy with craig being bond because he doesnt look the part and still think they should have ended the bond films after Moore retired,I will take craig any day of the year over Brosnan because unlike Brosnan,Craig can at least act.that was another thing I never liked about Brosnan was he was too much of a pretty boy where craig is rugged looking like Bond should be.

pr1983
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Although I was not happy with craig being bond because he doesnt look the part and still think they should have ended the bond films after Moore retired,I will take craig any day of the year over Brosnan because unlike Brosnan,Craig can at least act.that was another thing I never liked about Brosnan was he was too much of a pretty boy where craig is rugged looking like Bond should be.

any excuse to take a dig at brosnan eh? no expression

Akira99
Since when have a man's looks been so important anyway? I always thought it was personality and charisma that counted. Quite ridiculous really.

Dreampanther
I thought he looked very cool, hard as James Bond was originally in the Fleming books. He's definitely not a pretty boy like Brosnan, but I should think he'd be able to pull with the best of them angel

Mr Parker
He's not ugly he just doesnt look the part of Bond.But like he said,at least unlike Brosnan,he can act with the best of them.

Sodo
He was a beast, not a pretty boy.

The way Bond is meant to be.

Dinalfos
Exactly. Bond is supposed to be attractive, not a pretty teenage Beverly Hills poster boy.

Depprived
He has a hot body (although a bit overly-bulky) and interesting eyes...but the rest is a big turn-off for me.

BlackC@
I have tonnes of respect for Craig. He is incredibly sexy.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Depprived
He has a hot body (although a bit overly-bulky) and interesting eyes...but the rest is a big turn-off for me. He wasn't too bulky...

taste_u
edit.

Leda
I admit I had some doubts about Craig as Bond - until I saw the movie. Ditto to the comments above on his acting ability.

History Buff
i think craig looks as bond was meant to look. If anyone has ever seen real life spys who work for the CIA, British Intelligence, or some variation thereof you'll know that real life spys are FAR from good looking people.

northstar51
I think Craig is a terrific Bond. I think the producers of the Bond 'franchise' are going very much in the right direction. Craig brings a new presence to JB and that's a good thing. The Bond era of crazy gadgets is--and should be--over. Although I do miss the wisecracks; they should have thrown just a couple in for old times sake. I think it's fine for Bond to occasionally show a sense of humor, it fits the Bond image imho.

chickie
he was a awesome bond, best yet.

Darth Martin
Connery, Craig, and Moore are defanitely the best.

ADarksideJedi
Amen to that.jm

Rampant ox
I dont like Craig. no expression

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Rampant ox
I dont like Craig. no expression

Leave. no expression

Rampant ox
no expression

SnakeEyes
I hope you're referring to a different Craig. no expression

Rampant ox
I'm not. no expression

LordFear
He really suprised me in this movie. I never saw such a raw depiction of Bond. I really like the rugged bad ass spy.Remember when he asked "M" how she wants Le Chiffre delivered?: " So how do u want it done, quiet and clean or messy to send a message?" That was pretty bad ass.

History Buff
The only bad thing about that was that Bond didn't get a chance to kill Le Chife himself.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Except he is returning as Bond.

exanda kane
He's like the Harry Palmer the franchise never had smile

Kiimy
okay, he's not ugly, but the guy before him was the one i supported ..
he was gorgeous .. hehe^^

Kazenji
Originally posted by History Buff
The only bad thing about that was that Bond didn't get a chance to kill Le Chife himself.

Well if you've ever read the book obvisouly you have'nt from the sounds of things bond never does get to kill him its that other spy

Dreamt
I'd **** him.

EmmaTaylor
OMG is he kidding, he's so modest, he is by far the best looking Bond, and has the sexiest aura. I love the way he plays bond he's got rid of the pretentious crap, and actually made him a real person. Love him!!!

Mr Parker
thats hysterical,how is a balding, receding hairline, grey haired man the best looking Bond?hahahahahahaha

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Amen to that.jm

yeah amen to that. rock so true,ACTING wise,Connery,Moore and Craig are definetely the best to have played the role so far.

Mr Parker
true he wasnt the best looking actor but his acting was better than a couple of the others such as Brosnan.

Bric A Brac
He may not be the best looking but his talent in the role makes up for it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bric A Brac
He may not be the best looking but his talent in the role makes up for it.

very true.well said. thumb up rock

Bric A Brac
very true.well said. thumb up rock

Thank you, Mr Parker.

Kazenji
true he wasnt the best looking actor but his acting was better than a couple of the others such as Moore.

true he wasnt the best looking actor but his acting was better than a couple of the others such as Brosnan.

That is a ridiculous statement.

Kazenji
Thats Mr Parker for ya.

siriuswriter
It's true that Craig doesn't have the picture perfect prettiness that Dalton had, but neither is he ugly. How could he have made it into any film if he was hideous?

I, personally, like the rugged handsomeness that Craig portrays. It makes the action scenes more believable, and you see the charisma and confidence that goes into being a playboy. Hugh Hefner is butt-dragging gross, but how many girlfriends does he have? Oh.... yeah.

Anyway, I thought Harrison Ford was a rugged handsome in Indiana Jones, even more so than Craig in Bond. Ford worked with stubble, at least, and mud and dirt, and scrapes and bruises.

I just think it makes a man sexier. Rule number one of dating is that the boy can't be prettier than the girl. Timothy Dalton fits that category. But a guy who "does action stuff" and then is still good-looking is so much more sexy! But that's just my opinion.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Kazenji

how pathetic and childish,putting in words that the poster never said.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Thats Mr Parker for ya.
at least i dont do something so pathetic and childish and put words in someone posts saying they said that when they did not.thats the behaviour of a five year old.

ADarksideJedi
I argee with this post. Putting words in someones quote is childish and the behaviour of a five year old. Thanks for being there for me during those times to back me up againist those jerks. I had found a new movie site I am posting at in case you are interested.(This is written by Mr.Parker who wanted me to post this for him, so there is no confussion)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.