Sentry vs GL Kyle Rayner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Can the Emerald Gladiator defeat the hypemachine that is Robert??

xmarksthespot
Yes. Sentry is an overhyped Fabio in more tacky clothing.

marvelprince
I don't think so. Not from the showings Sentry has had so far

juggernaut66666
Gl Kyle

Blair Wind
gotta go with Kyle....

Juntai
Kyle.

Tshern
Originally posted by Juntai
Kyle.
Hell yes.

juggernaut66666
but sentry is yellow

Roldz
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
but sentry is yellow
AAhh, there lies Kyles weakness... therefore he stands no chance of defeating sentry.....lol

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Roldz
AAhh, there lies Kyles weakness... therefore he stands no chance of defeating sentry.....lol
and he also has a huge S on his belt

Soleran
Haha Sentry will KILL Kylesmile

Seriously I don't need a reason I am just being a crazed fanboy, Sentry wins!

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Soleran

Seriously I don't need a reason I am just being a crazed fanboy, Sentry wins!
Yes you are Kyle just contains him and sucks out the air of the bubble until Sentry dies stick out tongue

galan7777777

Seriously I don't need a reason I am just being a crazed fanboy, Sentry wins! what has Sentry done to date that would put him anywhere near Kyle's level?

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by galan7777777
what has Sentry done to date that would put him anywhere near Kyle's level?
He stalemated Galactus shifty

xmarksthespot
And King Hyperion killed Galactus. And Blink killed King Hyperion. Logically Blink beats Kyle. happy

galan7777777
He stalemated Galactus shifty bullcrap, he never actually did that lol!

Roldz

and he also has a huge S on his belt

Yeah but its kinda like gayish S not a manly one therefore he only gets 15% of the jobber aura.. Still a Spite thread..

V for Valentine
Given time and more actual appearances I reckon Sentry has the potential to take Kyle. But as of yet he has none of these things It goes to Kyle every single time smile

juggernaut66666
Sentry sucks he is just a weak superman copy

Soleran
Yes you are Kyle just contains him and sucks out the air of the bubble until Sentry dies stick out tongue

Let's see Sentry flys in space with no problems so I doubt that.

Really Kyle is dead against Sentry.

I don't mean he loses no I mean Sentry kills him with the stare of a stone cold faced killer!

galan7777777
Let's see Sentry flys in space with no problems so I doubt that.

Really Kyle is dead against Sentry.

I don't mean he loses no I mean Sentry kills him with the stare of a stone cold faced killer! again what has Sentry done to date that compares to Kyle?

V for Valentine
Sentry sucks he is just a weak superman copy

Sentry rocks. And coming from Vulcan's biggest fan, what you said holds no leverage at all with me no expression

Soleran, Sentry doesnt have near enough feats to take out Kyle. And you know I am quite the Sentry fan, He cant do it... Yet. shifty

juggernaut66666
nope like I said Kyle just contains him and sucks out the air and Sentry is dead

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by V for Valentine
Sentry rocks. And coming from Vulcan's biggest fan, what you said holds no leverage at all with me no expression

Soleran, Sentry doesnt have near enough feats to take out Kyle. And you know I am quite the Sentry fan, He cant do it... Yet. shifty
Not a vulcan fan anymore mr sentry smile

galan7777777
hopefully in the next few "new avengers" issues we will know for sure what sentry can do....... but as of now Kyle wins 10/10

V for Valentine
Not a vulcan fan anymore mr sentry smile

Psssh sure roll eyes (sarcastic) I really dont see what there is to like about the character. Surely you must see how much of a schmuck the writer is for creating him (whomever it was). Deadly Genesis is a pretty good story though overall smile

And yeah im a Sentry fan, want to make something of it? smokin'

Soleran
nope like I said Kyle just contains him and sucks out the air and Sentry is dead

Not gonna happen, just not gonna happen.

Anyway I was only posting because I knew blood thirsty kyle gl fans would be drooling over this thread.

Sentry will have his day, he will have his day indeed!

juggernaut66666
Not gonna happen, just not gonna happen.

Anyway I was only posting because I knew blood thirsty kyle gl fans would be drooling over this thread.

Sentry will have his day, he will have his day indeed!
Yeah sure kyle can only contain a Big Bang but not Sentry big grinbig grin

galan7777777
Sentry will have his day, he will have his day indeed! But that "day" has not come around yet, and for that reason Kyle will win wink

Roldz
I think Vulcan has shown more versatility in his powers done Sentry on comic panel... Yes Sentry did defeat, Terrax, Void, hold off michael (collection of mutant powers forgut the name), and so on but vulcan had shown more feats say power absortion, dampeners, psychic manipulation, space travels, time manipulation... just sayin..lol.. but do agree w/ you, it tends to get boring when they make char. more powerfull just to make im popular..

xmarksthespot
So we're all agreed? Blink beats Kyle?

galan7777777
I think Vulcan has shown more versatility in his powers done Sentry on comic panel... Yes Sentry did defeat, Terrax, Void, hold off michael (collection of mutant powers forgut the name), and so on but vulcan had shown more feats say power absortion, dampeners, psychic manipulation, space travels, time manipulation... just sayin..lol yep and hopefully when the new "uncanny" comes out in November we will get to see Vulcan beat the crap out of gladiator

Roldz
Yeah thats what im afraid dough, poor Gladiator he just cant get anybreak... I mean for a guy withstanding super novas and solar system energy bombs he gets clobbered by an Earthling, i do hope it wouldnt be that bad.. lol

galan7777777
Yeah thats what im afraid dough, poor Gladiator he just cant get anybreak... I mean for a guy withstanding super novas and solar system energy bombs he gets clobbered by an Earthling, i do hope it wouldnt be that bad.. lol yeah im sure something stupid will happen, but none the less, i cant wait till it comes out!

Validus
Kyle beats Sentry.
Blink beats Kyle.

BlaqChaos
The nanosecond the fight starts, Sentry speed blitzes a punch through Kyle's face. Sentry would go for the kill right off the bat, and Kyle wouldn't have time to react.

Draco69
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
The nanosecond the fight starts, Sentry speed blitzes a punch through Kyle's face. Sentry would go for the kill right off the bat, and Kyle wouldn't have time to react.

Auto-shields....

cool

Validus
Sentry's idea of going for the kill is nothing more than going for the sun.

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by Validus
Sentry's idea of going for the kill is nothing more than going for the sun. Yeah, the way he threw Carnage into the sun? No, wait...

MadroxRox
Kyle just contains him and sucks out the air of the bubble until Sentry dies stick out tongue

Umm...didn't we already say that the Sentry has a yellow tone to him?

And anyway, among the power the Sentry has is light manipulation. So he just shoots a beam of yellow through the shield with "the power of a thousand exploding suns" to knock the GL off balance, then grabs him and pitches him into the sun.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by MadroxRox
Umm...didn't we already say that the Sentry has a yellow tone to him?

And anyway, among the power the Sentry has is light manipulation. So he just shoots a beam of yellow through the shield with "the power of a thousand exploding suns" to knock the GL off balance, then grabs him and pitches him into the sun.
Kyle has no yellow weaknes he has contained a big bang

thedude1948
Sentry has contained a cosmic cube with his hand.

juggernaut66666
for how many seconds 2?

thedude1948
No 3

MadroxRox
Kyle has no yellow weaknes he has contained a big bang

Show me any explosion that's inherently yellow and I'll allow stopping a big bang as having no weakness to yellow.

The green lantern's ring, by nature, doesn't work on the yellow spectrum. Period. End of story

juggernaut66666
Show me any explosion that's inherently yellow and I'll allow stopping a big bang as having no weakness to yellow.

The green lantern's ring, by nature, doesn't work on the yellow spectrum. Period. End of story
laughing laughing laughing laughing no expression

Validus

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/tgtsupes/Untitled-Scanned-19.jpg

Kyle's ring has never had the yellow weakness anyway. Your knowledge on Green Lantern is out of date by 2 years.

MadroxRox
And anyway, which is more massive - the "big bang" or 1000 exploding suns?

Validus
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Yeah, the way he threw Carnage into the sun? No, wait...
Yeah because Carnage is clearly as tough as Green Lantern.

juggernaut66666
a big bang can destroy the unverse and where do you get that 1000 exploding sun stuff from?

Accel
The big bang which can destroy the 10000 suns.

Validus
What kind of question is that?

Blair Wind

Not anymore. Not for what.... two years? no expression MOST importantly NOT Kyles. NEVER Kyles. Kyles ring NEVER had that problem. Everyone else can no just overcome it with willpower

edit: Thanks Val big grin

juggernaut66666
Yellow weakness huh???????????????
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5194/1ew8.th.jpg

MadroxRox
Well that's just ghetto. I didn't, don't, and now officially don't care to know that much about Green Lantern. He was a decent enough character while he still had a weakness to yellow, but take that away, and you've just created a new Wolverine - some character that was much better when he actually could be defeated, but now is just a stupid fool because of his invincible nature.

So, to put it simply:

Kyle Rayner = Wolverine

Bloody fanboys.

Draco69
Well that's just ghetto. I didn't, don't, and now officially don't care to know that much about Green Lantern. He was a decent enough character while he still had a weakness to yellow, but take that away, and you've just created a new Wolverine - some character that was much better when he actually could be defeated, but now is just a stupid fool because of his invincible nature.

So, to put it simply:

Kyle Rayner = Wolverine

Bloody fanboys.

Green Lantern is supposed to be a cosmic. Having a weakness to yellow was stupid to begin with.

Silver Surfer got no damn weakness...

juggernaut66666

So, to put it simply:

Kyle Rayner = Wolverine

Bloody fanboys.
wacko

Accel

So, to put it simply:

Kyle Rayner = Wolverine

Bloody fanboys.
Far from it.

Bone-claws Wolverine stabbed Thanos w/ the IG.

The entire Green Lantern Corps fell before Superboy Prime.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Accel
Far from it.

Bone-claws Wolverine stabbed Thanos w/ the IG.

The entire Green Lantern Corps fell before Superboy Prime.
since when did the entire Gl corps fall to Superboy Prime?????

Validus
So, to put it simply:

Kyle Rayner = Wolverine

Bloody fanboys.
Impeccable logic.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Draco69
Green Lantern is supposed to be a cosmic. Having a weakness to yellow was stupid to begin with.

yes

Accel
since when did the entire Gl corps fall to Superboy Prime?????
Hyperbole, but considering it was a good many, does it really matter?

MadroxRox

Silver Surfer and Galactus recently fell to Tenebrous and Aegis. So yeah, he isn't invincible.

Validus
Hyperbole, but considering it was a good many, does it really matter?
Yes.

30 != 7,200

juggernaut66666
Hyperbole, but considering it was a good many, does it really matter? Yeah it does since there are more then 7000 Gl's and SBP killed 32 of them and they weren't even trying to kill him just stop him from getting to OA

Blair Wind
Silver Surfer and Galactus recently fell to Tenebrous and Aegis. So yeah, he isn't invincible.

and GLs have fallen before. Your point?

Validus
Originally posted by Validus
Impeccable logic.

MadroxRox
Originally posted by Blair Wind
and GLs have fallen before. Your point?

Has this new Kyle Rayner that you love so much fallen before?

He seems far too God-like.

Accel
Yeah it does since there are more then 7000 Gl's and SBP killed 32 of them and they weren't even trying to kill him just stop him from getting to OA
The point remains the same. They all did much worse then they should have.

Wolverine is never portrayed that way. Quite the opposite in fact.

juggernaut66666

wacko

juggernaut66666
The point remains the same. They all did much worse then they should have.

the whole thing was a crap like freezing gl's with ice breath LOL

Blair Wind

New? Kyle has never had the yellow weakness. Has he fallen? What do you think? no expression

MadroxRox

I'm not debating the Green Lantern corps in general. I'm simply noting this Kyle Rayner, with his power over the color yellow, is far too much like the new, invincible Wolverine.

juggernaut66666
I'm not debating the Green Lantern corps in general. I'm simply noting this Kyle Rayner, with his power over the color yellow, is far too much like the new, invincible Wolverine.
all lanterns can overcome the yellow weakness with enough will power

MadroxRox
New? Kyle has never had the yellow weakness. Has he fallen? What do you think? no expression

I meant new as in the newest Green Lantern. And I do not know if he has in fact fallen, I was asking a question to you who might know...

MadroxRox
all lanterns can overcome the yellow weakness with enough will power

So basically you're in love with not just a single "Wolverine", but a whole pack of them?

juggernaut66666
So basically you're in love with not just a single "Wolverine", but a whole pack of them? sorry to say this but you are an idiot no expression

MadroxRox
sorry to say this but you are an idiot no expression

If you can explain your logic on this comment, then I will respect it.

Otherwise, you're just name-calling.

Blair Wind
I meant new as in the newest Green Lantern. And I do not know if he has in fact fallen, I was asking a question to you who might know...

Of course he has. Its a comic book. Silver Surfer about ='s a GL and he has fallen. Not ALL characters are total gods (wolverine). They are however extremely powerful cosmics (since hey they ARE the cosmic army)

MadroxRox
Of course he has. Its a comic book. Silver Surfer about ='s a GL and he has fallen. Not ALL characters are total gods (wolverine). They are however extremely powerful cosmics (since hey they ARE the cosmic army)

So this whole match is just an unfair fight set to make you guys feel about your invincible superhero(s)? And, from the sounds of it, I'd like to see your proof that he's fallen.

Blair Wind
..........blink lemme see what I can find

Soleran
LOL Sentry so has this in the bag!

MadroxRox
LOL Sentry so has this in the bag!

No, apparently he doesn't because the Kyle Rayner is some kind of Wolverine-esque invincible cosmic God-type.

juggernaut66666
Actually Kyle Rayner is an avatar of God

Soleran
Actually Kyle Rayner is an avatar of God

LOL, so?

He still dies

batdude123
Kyle 7/10

Blair Wind
Kyle Rayner vs. Traitor, a being who's blast was capable of destroying planets and could easily defeat 2 Green Lanterns as this battle ends up destroying asteroids and planets (possibly one of the best battle. Realize how Traitor mentions that only Kyle Rayner has faced him in full might that not even Hal Jordan or Abin Sur was able to face him in)
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p051oh.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p066rp.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p076rp.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p083vl.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p091fy.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p118dj.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p126ul.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p137pg.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p141yz.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p159eq.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p167jx.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p178bz.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p187lr.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p193cq.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p202ie.jpg

He got blasted and hurt pretty badly erm He still won though

UniOmni
Vally, whats Kyles best feats as a regular GL, not Ion??

And what exactly was Oblivion??

Validus
Why are you asking me? sad

Blair Wind
which Oblivion? The one Kyle created (wasnt there one before that?)? heres everything to do with that *from Circle of fire*:

All of this is from Circle of Fire like I said. The story with Kyle's dark half given life through his own power ring. Since it's his power ring the energy comes, all these feats can be duplicated by Kyle.

Dark Kyle (Oblivion) Vs the JLA.
http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanterncircleoffire258yo.jpg
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanterncircleoffire266gj.jpg
http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanterncircleoffire277af.jpg
http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanterncircleoffire284kw.jpg
http://img289.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanterncircleoffire295hi.jpg
http://img289.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanterncircleoffire302dt.jpg

Kyle creates a faux GLC. How this is done is explained later but just like Oblivion, all of them are merely constructs created by Kyle. All of them have a power ring and one of them (Green Lightning, Ali Rayner-West) can also tap the Speed Force. All of them are sentient and can act freely without Kyle's direction.
http://img335.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanterncircleoffire418ik.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanterncircleoffire423pa.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanterncircleoffire438rp.jpg

Oblivion's explanation
http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02203.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02216.jpg

Creation of the faux Corps explained
http://img306.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02244.jpg

Oblivion creates a quasar threatening to collapse the universe
http://img200.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02276.jpg
http://img313.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02289.jpg

Proof that Oblivion is dependent on Kyle in case anyone asks.
http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02321.jpg
http://img283.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2greenlanterncircleoffire02344.jpg

long pig

Surfer can't combat magic. Dracula nearly beat Surfer once because of it.

GL's have eaten magic users alive.

And in this scan, Hal is probably in the gayest pose I've ever seen.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/tgtsupes/Untitled-Scanned-19.jpg

Accel
Originally posted by long pig
And in this scan, Hal is probably in the gayest pose I've ever seen.

Is it really any worse than Strange's ballet pose here?
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6769/infinityabyss3of6213qs.jpg

(Yeah I took that from your thread. So what?)

newyorkcares
when did sentry stalemate galactus? I have read most of his appearances and I havent seen it .scans please? and title and issue#,too!

Entity
2 things, first of all kyle GL ring is immune to yellow so sentrys costume should have no effect against the power of the green lantern. 2nd taken the fact that kyle has the power of ion within him, if he pisses him off, sentry is screwed royally.

Roldz
Kyle Ryner for the win 9/10...

Validus
Is it really any worse than Strange's ballet pose here?
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6769/infinityabyss3of6213qs.jpg

(Yeah I took that from your thread. So what?)
pwnt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.