Halo Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
A Halo RTS game is to be released for the Xbox 360 and the PC based on the Bungie's hit game series Halo: Combat Evolved...who didn't see this coming?

At first the thoughts of a Halo RTS game made it seem like Microsoft is trying to milk Halo for all its worth but than I say the trailer and it looks pretty good. I have to say it alone makes me want to get Halo Wars. No release date has been given as far as I know.

IceJaw
Watched the trailer at the main site, looks awesome, hope it works well on 360

Draco69
I'm a little skeptical of a Halo strategy game....

But I remain optimistic about it.

As long as it doesn't become a dynasty warriors crap or something...

Burning thought
hmm going back to its roots, you know Halo was orgininally a RTS game made for the PC but was transported to Xbox as a FPS

ESB -1138
As long as they don't copy another RTS game point for point just with Halo characters it should be good.

BackFire
Interesting notion, not that surprising really. We'll see how it's executed.

Burning thought
should be pretty cool though, i love RTS, should be nice playin with covenants and Chief, however its going to have a massively hard time to come near to the quality and sales of C&C 3 and Supreme commander, which are prob the big daddies of strategy gaming on their way

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Burning thought
should be pretty cool though, i love RTS, should be nice playin with covenants and Chief, however its going to have a massively hard time to come near to the quality and sales of C&C 3 and Supreme commander, which are prob the big daddies of strategy gaming on their way

Nah, Halo Wars won't have that hard of a time. You forget about those hardcore Halo fans that will get it in a heart beat.

Smasandian
Is their going to be alot of depth in terms of types of soldiers you can produce?

SpadeKing
I could've reported this first I just thought they were kidding when I googled it

El_NINO
Originally posted by Draco69
I'm a little skeptical of a Halo strategy game....

But I remain optimistic about it.

As long as it doesn't become a dynasty warriors crap or something...

Dont quote me on this but I think I read somewhere that the people behind Ages Of Empire will be making Halo Wars. If thats true then this game will be worth getting.

NOTE: I was right

http://www.ensemblestudios.com/

Burning thought
oh man that sucks, not on PC roll eyes (sarcastic)

SnakeEyes
Read the first post, it says that it IS on PC...

Unless there's new news or something.

Burning thought
"Halo Wars is for the Xbox 360 exclusively."

thats a quote from the ensemble site itself on the FAQ, ime not into Consoles, especially Xbox 360 where its game cost a fortune so ime not gettin this one

RTS are all better on pc

ESB -1138
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Read the first post, it says that it IS on PC...

Unless there's new news or something.

Just for 360. That was my error.

doan_m
Originally posted by ESB -1138
but than I say the trailer and it looks pretty good. I have to say it alone makes me want to get Halo Wars. No release date has been given as far as I know.
A CGI cinematic does not truly reflect how the game will truly look like. Look at World in Conflict. They released a hell of a kick ass CGI trailer but the actual game looked nothing like the initial declaration trailer they released. I belive that the same could be said about the C&C3 trailer.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by doan_m
A CGI cinematic does not truly reflect how the game will truly look like. Look at World in Conflict. They released a hell of a kick ass CGI trailer but the actual game looked nothing like the initial declaration trailer they released. I belive that the same could be said about the C&C3 trailer.

Yes but the people making Halo Wars also made Ages of Empire. I'm pretty sure they can make it a great RTS game...that is unless they do a Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and just replace everything with Halo stuff.

doan_m
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Yes but the people making Halo Wars also made Ages of Empire. I'm pretty sure they can make it a great RTS game...that is unless they do a Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and just replace everything with Halo stuff.

The fact that its being made the AoE team is actually what concerns me a bit. They have had thier wonderful successes with Age of Empires II no doubt (which is my personal favourite), but when AoE III came out I was so horribly dissapointed. Hopefully they can pull off a large dose of innovation in this game as I see that as a vital saving grace for the team.

Superboy Prime
1. I'm a Halo fan. I'll get this in a heartbeat whether it sucks or not.

2. The CGI movie does not = the game, but it does set a nice mood--did anyone else drool when they saw the Elite? I mean I slay thousands upon thousands of Elites...diss them for their disadvantages in multiplayer...and yet I see them in the trailer and all of a sudden I wish I wasn't that poor UNSC marine.

3. Supposed 360 exclusive ya.

4. AOE team working on it is a plus, but does not equal success; however chances are good. Which leads us to the best thing...

5. Since it's another company handling the game that leaves Bungie to work on Halo 3 without worries. Yay.

IceJaw
Bump eek!

Mišt
Ha, thanks, stupid search doesnt show shit...

Spearhead
My roommate saw the trailer the day it was released, and had me watch it...needless to say, it looks interesting, but I'm wary about a console RTS, as they tend not to do so well.

ESB -1138
BFME2 for the 360 got good scores and I found it plays pretty smooth

H. S. 6
I'm not really into RTS's (not my cup of tea), but I have to say, that trailer looks f*cking awesome (although, I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the game itself, as it's pre-rendered).

Those elites were badass. I hope that horror/fear element transfers over to the movie.

R8#@NG!G@
this game looks so cool

DarkC
I've always thought RTS should be confined to PC, where controls are a lot more flexible.

Burnt Pancakes
BFMEII was REALLY good on the 350, IMO. I think they can pull this off...

Unlike Starcraft64

NonSensi-Klown
Bump!

Some videos that are kinda cool.

Gameplay

K0drBHmtQ_U

5YqmA2wc07s

I saw an Elephant as an available unit option. 0.0

And lol @ back-flipping, ultimo-dodge rolling, SPARTANS.

New one-

fwh2_ssqHIo

Older one-

djOt3CDRq9A

WO Polaski
Your dads probably gonna get two copies huh?

NonSensi-Klown
Eh, you know how he is. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. RTS' aren't his thing.

WO Polaski
Well make sure to get it for your Xbox so I can come over and play big grin

NonSensi-Klown
Hoe, that's the only reason you come over here any more. sad

Nemesis X
Sucks that you can't play the Flood.

Zack Fair
They would be overpowered.

jalek moye
just bought it. its pretty fun, its no dawn of war 2 or anything but still a fun game for a first attempt

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Zack Fair
They would be overpowered.

You can I'm pretty sure.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
You can I'm pretty sure.
u cant play as flood. i heard they will be dlc though. the game takes place before they discovered flood

well i mean atleast i think flood were first found in halo 1

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Burning thought
if it does nearly as good as command and conquer, plus the fact that its halo, its going to sell extremely well, as i find command and conquer to be one of the best rts games out there.

BackFire
You play against the flood from what I understand, but you can't select them.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jalek moye
u cant play as flood. i heard they will be dlc though. the game takes place before they discovered flood

well i mean atleast i think flood were first found in halo 1

Someone i know has this game he was trying to work out how they know what the flood is because yeah they they seen them the first Halo game which is before all these events.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Kazenji
Someone i know has this game he was trying to work out how they know what the flood is because yeah they they seen them the first Halo game which is before all these events.
halo wars takes place before halo 1

but yea you probbly do play against them i just havnt gotten there yet

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by jalek moye
halo wars takes place before halo 1

but yea you probbly do play against them i just havnt gotten there yet

Takes place 20 years before Halo 1, but, yea The flood are supposed to be in this game.

I'm only on Level 4 myself though, so I haven't seen them.

jalek moye
i like how the cutscenes show the war

ThaJadeMenace
Halo Wars is BEAST! I got the Limiter Edition. It came with all kinds of nifty things! Including the Mythic Maps. Was it my imagination or did they forget about 3 other maps? I heard they were suppose to release 6 not 3. Meh they are fun anyway!

If anyone wants to play Halo 3 or Halo Wars with me my Gamertag is the same as my KMC name..

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by ThaJadeMenace
Halo Wars is BEAST! I got the Limiter Edition. It came with all kinds of nifty things! Including the Mythic Maps. Was it my imagination or did they forget about 3 other maps? I heard they were suppose to release 6 not 3. Meh they are fun anyway!

If anyone wants to play Halo 3 or Halo Wars with me my Gamertag is the same as my KMC name..

Same here. Halo Wars is just too time consuming for my taste. This is the first RTS game I fully played.

THE JLRTENJAC
Easiest RTS I have ever played. Beat it on legendary... only got stuck on 2 levels. erm

But still really good. Loved the cutscene before the last level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.