Ode to LovelyOne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
Oh gee....

it's been a rough, rough night.

i just want to say that LovelyOne, as well as a lot of other people, have really thought through the films and come up with some amazing theories.

i dont want everyone to start thinking it was all nuts... cause it wasn't.

no matter what happens, they cant change the way the second movie happened. they cant change it now. it happened, there were clues in it, there were connotations and stuff that they cant just take out now.

so they have some explaining to do.

but everyone here, please remember how clever you are and dont let them take away how much you enjoy these films! smile after all, they are just films. they are meant to be fun, and entertain.

Jack will still be hott! smile

Hugs all around!

sailorleo
yeah they'll always have vegas!

PirateDiva
RIGHT.....i still love these FILMS!!!

Chiki Mina
ok i know u guys are gonna think im a looser..but im gonna try to keep my faith.

PirateDiva
oh ur not a loser im crossing my fingers toooo!

Chiki Mina
i dunno..its like i dunno i dont think pirates 3 is gonna end up what we all dont want. i pretty much think its gonna be the way we want it. i know u guys must be thinking "mina-look at her shes still blabibg and still in her positive mood" i know im annoying but somehow i still have my hopes.

katelovespirate
um, have you heard the news?

Chiki Mina
i suspect htat the news is will/liz. i dunno if i should believe it.
but no one gives me details-i ask like 20340 times.

LovelyOne
In the latest edition of Empire magazine (Australia) a page is dedicated to "The secrets of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 in Star Wars form".

So, the spoilers are as follows:

Will & Elizabeth: "Their relationship hits the rocks as they discover there are obstacles they might not be able to overcome... Elizabeth will ditch the tomboy look and possibly be kidnapped again. Will will be stuck with Barbossa." (Star Wars pairing, Luke & Leia)

Davy Jones: "Villain he may be, but Pirates 3 will explore Squidface's backstory, showing how love drove him to villainy. A last-reel redemption is looking likely." (Star Wars pairing, Darth Vader)

Captain Jack: "Post-rescue will largely be stuck with Davy Jones. Ventures to the literal world's end for one of the film's biggest sequences..."

Norrington: "Betrayer at the end of DMC, you can bet your pieces of eight he's going to come good before the closing credits roll." (Star Wars pairing, Lando Calrissian)

Pirate-kind: "With piracy under threat of extinction, the world's pirates gather in one huge sequence to fight back."

Beckett:"Now in possession of Davy Jones's heart, Beckett will be looking to bring the pirating world to an end. Has severe angry-small-man syndrome." (Star Wars pairing, the Emperor)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I swear disney are going to **** UP..it makes no SENSE (im gritting my teeth here) seriously it makes no sense to me..it makes movie 2 look as if it meant nothing

feel like crying sad..it sounds as if its going to be really shitty movie

sailorleo
Originally posted by LovelyOne
In the latest edition of Empire magazine (Australia) a page is dedicated to "The secrets of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 in Star Wars form".

Will & Elizabeth: "Their relationship hits the rocks as they discover there are obstacles they might not be able to overcome... Elizabeth will ditch the tomboy look and possibly be kidnapped again. Will will be stuck with Barbossa." (Star Wars pairing, Luke & Leia)

Davy Jones: "Villain he may be, but Pirates 3 will explore Squidface's backstory, showing how love drove him to villainy. A last-reel redemption is looking likely." (Star Wars pairing, Darth Vader)

Captain Jack: "Post-rescue will largely be stuck with Davy Jones. Ventures to the literal world's end for one of the film's biggest sequences..."

Norrington: "Betrayer at the end of DMC, you can bet your pieces of eight he's going to come good before the closing credits roll." (Star Wars pairing, Lando Calrissian)

Pirate-kind: "With piracy under threat of extinction, the world's pirates gather in one huge sequence to fight back."

Beckett:"Now in possession of Davy Jones's heart, Beckett will be looking to bring the pirating world to an end. Has severe angry-small-man syndrome." (Star Wars pairing, the Emperor)

I swear disney are going to **** UP

see i've been trying to say this forever...and DAMN RIGHT ABOUT MAH MAN!

katelovespirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I swear disney are going to **** UP..it makes no SENSE (im gritting my teeth here) seriously it makes no sense to me..it makes movie 2 look as if it meant nothing

feel like crying sad..it sounds as if its going to be really shitty movie

no no no... its okay. it really is!!!

see, Liz and Will DO have issues they cant overcome. they wrote themselves into a corner. a real, happily ever after between Will and Liz was not ever going to work anymore. we all knew that.

so this way, they make the liz/will fans happy, while sneakily hinting to us that the pirate king and queen will rule the seas together forever. right? am i being too optimistic?

JD_4_Life
i'm very sad right now *tears really fall down my face*

katelovespirate
Wow, Lovelyone. All your theories really fit with this ending, actually.

I really cant believe it... i mean, how long have we been agonizing over this?

it was bound to come out sooner or later though. ya know? it wasnt like we werent going to know the ending eventually.

mmoviejunkie
i'm not,
i'm really seeing this as the end of W/E and the beginning of J/E, its a perfect way she could get with jack in pirates 4(theres a strong possibility of one right?)

liz loved will, he just happened not to be her soul mate
liz wouldn't have just dropped will for jack in 3 like she did to norrington 'cause she really had feelings for will

LovelyOne
Thats a good way to look at it smile^^^

Still..I don't even think I'm going to watch this movie..it seems as if its going to disappoint

IMO Disney realise that they have made one HUGE mistake by adding this Jack/Liz thing in.IMO..They thought they could do what they did with CotBP and have some Jack/Liz chemistry to satisfy and then have a Will/Liz ending and we would be happy..well WRONG..it doesn't work when you dedicate an entire MOVIE to J/E chemistry and then have it end Will/Liz by movie 3..because there is a GAP in between where people start to fall in love with the J/E aspect

I don't think they realised just how big the Jack/Liz aspect would become..on KttC there was a rumoured sudden change in the ending and its the one I have read I think..Its like they changed it to satisfy the whole Jack/Liz buzz they appear to have "accidentally created"

DMC didn't get to 1 billion because people enjoyed watching a Will/Liz spanner in the works it got to 1 billion because people thought she was falling for their favorite character.. IMO T&T know they have just shot themselves in the foot...they realized too late

Its gonna disappoint IMO if this is where they are heading.SERIOUSLY.they can say goodbye to successful DVD sales..it seems like they have got so far with their set ending(cuz they shot DMC with AWE at the same time) then realized how HUGE the Jack/Liz thing became (1 billion) and they had to scramble change the set ending to satisfy that...IMO Ted and Terry have messed up BIG TIME and they probably know it..because this ending only makes sense to me because of the Jack/Liz thing in movie 2 and all the buzz it created.

they opened a can of worms with that kiss/ chemistry with Jack.

Its really like they thought they could do the same kind of thing again where Jack helps out the Will/Liz relationship but THIS time it got to 1 billion because the audience fell in love with the Jack/Liz possibility. That doesn't work when you are making 2 films as one story because there is a gap in between

katelovespirate
but dont you think that this really ISNT a will/liz ending? its sort of a will/liz goodbye, will/liz closure.

i mean, i havent read the script, so i dont know the context.

doesnt it feel like it just frees Liz up to move on with her life, possibly go towards Jack? right?

i mean, doesnt leave it open for that?

or are things with Liz and Jack pretty much ended at this point too? do they close that door?

LovelyOne
I dont know about Jack/Liz just yet..you may be right though..but I heard PotC 4 was off the cards or something??

mmoviejunkie
what do you mean by off the cards?like they aren't going to make it?

sailorleo
yeah what becomes of jack in the next one?

LovelyOne
I thought they decided not to do it..but then I keep hearing that they will

Josefina
I feel this ending is a good way to take will off the road, make him die 'heroically', and leave a free, cleared road for a future Jack/Liz relationship -- the problem is, what if they don't make a fourth one? No Jack/Liz - gosh.
I wonder how will the Jack/Liz relationship develop during the third one to have and end like this wink !!!

mmoviejunkie
i read on the kttc news whatever that they are closing the trilogy but they still might make more, they said 4,5, and 6
at first i doubted that many, but they did that many for star wars so i guess its possible

Josefina
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
i read on the kttc news whatever that they are closing the trilogy but they still might make more, they said 4,5, and 6

I have just read that too!!!
The report quotes the representative, Mark Zoradi, as saying "the third film...will conclude the initial Pirates trilogy, though it is unlikely to be the last Pirates sequel."

I am sincerely praying for that to be true yes... we still have hope, guys big grin!

mmoviejunkie
me too!!
yay!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.