Han at Mos Eisley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
There's something I want to know. Why are Han and Chewie at Mos Eisley Cantina? This is something that is bound to have been explained in certain sources, but I still don't actually know. I mean are they there just to hang out to have a drink or two? Well if so, then why on Tatooine?
Or are they there to settle things with Jabba or was it just coincidence that he happened to be at the Docking Bay while they were there? Anyone know for sure?

UnknownBountyHunter
No I believe he was hiding from Jabba more than trying to find him, since Greedo was the one trying to get the bounty in taking his head off. They were trying to leave when Greedo found them.

Gundark
Han knew Jabba lived on Tatooine...he probably landed there to pick up or deliver contraband to somebody other than Jabba. Since Han owed Jabba money from the dumped spice, he was probably avoiding the slug like the plague. He and Chewie probably just stopped to have a drug before heading off world and saw the deal with Ben and Luke as a way to pick up the cash. Then ran into Greedo..."This time I've got the money".

Darth Daft
Ah, I see. Thank you very much, UBH and Gundy-dear. Still, you'd think some sort of source would have explained this more clearly wouldn't you? Oh well.

UnknownBountyHunter
Sometimes they gotta leave it to the REAL experts wink

Gundark
Hmmmmmm....I just re-read my last post and I meant to say drink, not drug....hey, I know what you're all thinking..I really did, I really did !!! sick

UnknownBountyHunter
I see Gundie's addiction has ran to far! Just go to www.Iseekhelpformyaddiction.com laughing out loud

Jedi Mercenary
I think I read this in the last Han Solo trilogy book, he had just lost the Falcon and was on the run from Jabba, he was looking for something to keep him busy so he came to the cantina, I don't know, I only read the end of the book before I had to put it back on the bookstore shelf.

queeq
It doesn't really matter what he did there, now does it?

Hi UBH, nice to have you back.

Gundark
Hello, earth to queeq....UBH's post is dated 1/23. What planet are you on ??? laughing out loud

queeq
Sorry. I REALLY miss him. sad

Gundark
Well I miss him too. BUT you still have ME. rolling on floor laughing

queeq
That's true... and a relief.
*grabs Gundy and drags her into the skeleton closet again* laughing out loud

Gundark
Oh, you only want to come in here cause its where I'm making those BBQ baby back ribs and double stuffed cheddar cheese giant baked potatoes. laughing out loud

queeq
I love it when you talk that way to me. laughing out loud

Dim
*walks in with queeq's barf bag*
I wonder what you to have been doing in that closet..

And where's Han?

queeq
Han's off topic now. laughing out loud

Yeah, I bet you want to know what's going on in that closet, gutter girl.

Dim
Yeah, I know what's in the closet..I wasn't born yesterday ya know...

Ratcat
DRAGGING BACK ONTO TOPIC!!!!

So, if you were trying avoid meeting someone, you pull up on their doorstep and just hope they don't notice?

Nah, I think it's a more a plot point that became a gaping big plot whole, IMHO.

Dim
Keep your friends close...and your enemies closer...Han was doing that..in a way laughing out loud

Gundark
Well for whatever reason Han stopped on Tatooine, I'm sure one of Jabba's spies saw him, got word to Jabba, and Jabba had Greedo waylay him. The debt must not have been very old or Han would have never stopped by Tatooine until he did have the money to pay Jabba, knowing there probably was, or going to be, a price on his head.

Ratcat
Actually, thinking about it, I got the impression that Han had only just returned from the journey where he dumped the spice. Greedo did seem to have to explain why Jabba had taken out the bounty on him.

Zareil
I dont think thats correct given that I dont think thats correct as its suggested that Han had owed the money for quite some time. Unless of course it is suggesting that he took his time to try an make the run. Personnally I want to know who the random girl he was getting off with was...

Ushgarak
Yeah! A bit more Han womanising would have been a good idea! The more scoundrel-like he appeared in the first film, the better.

Zareil
Of course everyone has to apprciate some whorish behaviour oh just me, oh well. Anyway mister someone I dont kow, I ask you you know someone for a while and then what happens...
Beyond that yes I agree as scoundrels go he didin't do much scoundreling. Maybe the man made a god hero but in terms of scoundreling he was all mouth and lack in the trouser front...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.