Will Conan 3 be made?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NinthSith
This movie will be made,but the biggest question is who will play the classic Barbarian?After seeing these recent pic's of Stallone at 60,is it possible for Arnold to wip himself back into shape to make way for this role 1 more time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/ninthsith/rrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooocccccccckkkky.jpg

The other thing is that Conan the Barbarian is a near perfect film,the score is easily one of the best if not the best in film history,the action is realistic unlike the 150mph sword fights while doing a triple backflip attatched to wires action that we get today,the set's are awesome and the story is simple but has depth to it if you pay attention.

If 3 is made I'm afraid it will have some kook like The Rock in it swinging a plastic sword ( by the way in Conan The Barbarian all the actors used real sword's and Arnolds sword weighed in at 60 pounds ).The action will be over the top with all that wire crap and will have stupid CGI instead of real set's.

But if it's done in the classic Hollywood way it will be an awesome movie and possibly make Hollywood revert to it's old school days when quality mattered, making people go back to the theatres.
CGI AND OVER THE TOP ACTION SUCKS!!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=txitDIyxFAk&mode=related&search=

Impediment
Arnold is too old, IMO. Maybe another bodybuilding actor, like Roland Kickinger can take the torch. As a matter of fact, Kickinger was the very actor who portrayed Arnold in "See Arnold Run", the TV movie bio.

NinthSith
Conan is supposed to be old for Conan 3 though,you've seen the movie right,at the end of the movie it shows him on a throne with a greying beard.It's placed in a fantasy world so it is possible.

You seem to like Star Wars,was Cristopher Lee to old to play a lightsaber dueling Syth?Get my pointsmile

If they use the technology they used in X-Men3 they can make any actor appear 20 years younger these days .When they had that scene with Magneto and Prof-x meeting Jean grey/Pheonix for the first time they used this technology.

Impediment
I didn't mean age wise, I meant the fact that Arnold is an old man who has lost his muscles. Sure, he beefed up for Terminator 3 but it was apparent that age was catching up, you know? Conan was his most "muscularly visible" role, IMO, and I dont think that he'd be able to get it back easily.

redcaped
Start from the beginning with an actor who really resembles Conan Comics. A Perfect Trilogy: 1_Conan the Barbarian: a story of his journeys. Conan the Conqueror: his battles in different kingdoms. Conan the King: finally ruling with wife & son.

coolmovies
No way i dont like the movies anyway

vintageSW77
The Rock for CONAN............not keen on Conan though
saw it when i was a kid and thought it was a bit drab and have avoided it since
maybe i should watch it again ...been long time mebbe ill like it

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment
Arnold is too old, IMO. Maybe another bodybuilding actor, like Roland Kickinger can take the torch. As a matter of fact, Kickinger was the very actor who portrayed Arnold in "See Arnold Run", the TV movie bio.

yeah if they did make another one,god whatever they do,dont use Arnold again,he is too old now.He was just barely passable for terminater 3 so he for sure would not be passable now for the role of Conan where he has his shirt off all the time.Thats a role that exposes your muscles and I agree with that one poster,THE ROCK would be perfect for the role now.as for stallone playing rocky again,well thats just a plain joke.

WrathfulDwarf
Brock Lesnar 4 Conan.

Hands down. thumb up

The Pict
I heard the next movie was going to be King Conan, perfect for an older Arnold. I hope he returns for the movie.

bakerboy
I preffer a new version of conan, king conan or some else, not a sequel of the previous two movies.

redcaped
I agree to the last post.

redcaped
Conan is the best comic book series ever made.

Robtard
I'm torn here, Conan The Barbarian is one of my top ten favorite movies of all time, it's simply great. But, Conan The Destroyer was a complete flop and I have a feeling part three will follow in the footsteps of part 2 and they will butcher it with CGI as the someone mentioned. Do I need to mention Red Sonja ? Ugh...

If it has to be made though, I say go with Arnold, he's was a top body builder, I am sure given a years notice he could whip himself back into decent enough shape to play an older and wiser Conan.

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of the women."

redcaped
Why do Arnold must do as Stallone...Why making all the same? Start New. Conan was wise all his life. Haven't you read a comic?

Strangelove
Originally posted by NinthSith
This movie will be made,but the biggest question is who will play the classic Barbarian?After seeing these recent pic's of Stallone at 60,is it possible for Arnold to wip himself back into shape to make way for this role 1 more time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/ninthsith/rrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooocccccccckkkky.jpg

The other thing is that Conan the Barbarian is a near perfect film,the score is easily one of the best if not the best in film history,the action is realistic unlike the 150mph sword fights while doing a triple backflip attatched to wires action that we get today,the set's are awesome and the story is simple but has depth to it if you pay attention.

If 3 is made I'm afraid it will have some kook like The Rock in it swinging a plastic sword ( by the way in Conan The Barbarian all the actors used real sword's and Arnolds sword weighed in at 60 pounds ).The action will be over the top with all that wire crap and will have stupid CGI instead of real set's.

But if it's done in the classic Hollywood way it will be an awesome movie and possibly make Hollywood revert to it's old school days when quality mattered, making people go back to the theatres.
CGI AND OVER THE TOP ACTION SUCKS!!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=txitDIyxFAk&mode=related&search= There was a second Conan? And they're considering a third? God save us fear

Supreme being
I take it i am the only one who prefered conan2 better than conan1? Arnold rocked and i know without a doubt he could pile on the muscle after all he is considered the greatest body builder ever, the only problem is that he might not be able to do action like he used to.

Revan Souer
I hope they will make it with HHH as Conan taht would be cool

NinthSith
Why the Rock could never live up to Arnold as Conan.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1013380811770114102&q=arnold

redcaped
The Rock is not Conan! Are you crazy.

NinthSith
Arnold was a frikn house,the Rock cant even come close to filling his shoes.

redcaped
Yes, Arnold looked great but his personality isn't so aggressive. All of the action movies he's done were a self defense response not really from him...he's very calmed. Conan is a beast...he chopped heads, burnt women alive, stabbed people from side to side, etc. I didn't like his costume either. Conan wears a skirt, arm rings, etc. Bring a comic pic from the early 80s

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.