Ben Grimm deserves better. Who has the best idea for an upgrade?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Horrificus
I am tired of Ben getting the crap beat outta him by ANYBODY!

Let's see which of you has the best ideas for Ben's future.

Personally, I would love to see Ben "Go Bad". He is smart, experience, durable and super-strong. And, everybody trusts him.
I say he makes use of some of the FF technology he has access to, and he starts making people pay.

Maybe flight, invisibility, a weapon, an upgrade to becoming an "Earth Avatar", etc.

How about you guys?

galan7777777
This should be in the "Comic Book" forum......... its not a versus thread.

But id say a good upgrade for him would be if he could transform back into a human and still retain all of his abilities...

xmarksthespot
The ability to transform back into human form...

batdude123
Originally posted by Horrificus

Personally, I would love to see Ben "Go Bad". He is smart, experience, durable and super-strong. And, everybody trusts him.
I say he makes use of some of the FF technology he has access to, and he starts making people pay.

Maybe flight, invisibility, a weapon, an upgrade to becoming an "Earth Avatar", etc.

How about you guys?

If he wants to start competing with top tiers again, he needs the following:

Flight, super speed, laser vision, reality warping powers, an upgrade on is strength and durability (at least 10000X more), energy blasts, martial arts training, ice breath, the power cosmic, and Mjolnir.

Maybe after all of that he wouldn't be such a loser anymore. shifty

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by batdude123
Maybe after all of that he wouldn't be such a loser anymore. shifty Nah. Don't be silly. He's still the Thing.

Roldz
Make him a Galactus herald with PC.. then hed be a herald level no axe..
Gave him Gamma Radiation....
Or make him a mutant too kinda like Guido..

Jesse7
The ability to grow in size would be a nice power up for Ben, and as he grows in size so does his strength, although he uses more energy while in this form and tires rather quickly.

Or Geokenesis

xmarksthespot
How about... the ability to win on the KMC versus forum...

bigbran
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Nah. Don't be silly. He's still the Thing. Ok, since we are on the topic. Is Ben straight?

batdude123

Nah... never.

Roldz
Originally posted by batdude123
If he wants to start competing with top tiers again, he needs the following:

Flight, super speed, laser vision, reality warping powers, an upgrade on is strength and durability (at least 10000X more), energy blasts, martial arts training, ice breath, the power cosmic, and Mjolnir.

Maybe after all of that he wouldn't be such a loser anymore. shifty
I can picture him right now, he would look like such a loser.. With a Surfboard or a Football and Mjolnir in orangess... lol

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by bigbran
Ok, since we are on the topic. Is Ben straight? Moot point.
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20050304.jpg

Horrificus

Ha! Too True.

I was thinking, instead of just jumping him up to "All-Powerful", give him some kind of Belt, or Gauntlets or something that gives him a shield, speed, strength.
Maybe he can merge into, and phase outta the earth. Gain strength from it.
Make him totally invulnerable, finally.

So that, even if he isn't "Cosmic", he could be, like the Hulk, somebody that even the Cosmics don't want to come down here to fight with.

ExtraMision5555
The ability to change the color of his skin to teal or skyblue

bigbran
Moot point.
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20050304.jpg Maybe it's just a tiny one...

Still doens't mean he can't think of Reed's super stretchy tool....

Jesse7
give thing some boxing gloves?

bigbran
Originally posted by Jesse7
give thing some boxing gloves? NO!!!
He'd be unstoppable!

darthgoober
The best thing they could do to upgrade him, is to have him beat the sh*t out of Wolverine in such a way, that it leaves NO argument as to who should win in a fight.

Horrificus
I like the idea of some kind of "Gloves" or something.
Maybe he gets a hold of Ulik's "Metal Pounders".

bigbran
All they have to do is make him come out of the closet.
Look how powerful Ultimate Colossus is now.
Imagine how strong Thing would be....

badabing
I'd like to see Ben not be affected by jobber auras.

bigbran
Originally posted by badabing
I'd like to see Ben not be affected by jobber auras. That could be said about a lot of characters.
I frankly, would rather see Wolverine not be affected by jobber auras.

Tony Stark
cool

I think that he should go to Asia on vacation and hook up with a master of a wushu and chill out there clear his mind from whats just gone on CW (Bill Foster) etc... and become a wushu master himself. Outside of that he really doesn't need anything other than truly confirming the obvious that he is truly CL100.

Then he can go show Gamora that his wushu is superior.

yes

bigbran
Originally posted by Tony Stark
cool

I think that he should go to Asia on vacation and hook up with a master of a wushu and chill out there clear his mind from whats just gone on CW (Bill Foster) etc... and become a wushu master himself. Outside of that he really doesn't need anything other than truly confirming the obvious that he is truly CL100.

Then he can go show Gamora that his wushu is superior.

yes HAHA, that scan is a lie.

Tony Stark
HAHA, that scan is a lie.

It most certainly is NOT...

Happy Dance

great_dane
how about him being erased from the marvel universe and being turned into a diff char?
that might make him a better one.

things cool, but would lose to almost everyone

hitemup
Originally posted by great_dane
how about him being erased from the marvel universe and being turned into a diff char?
that might make him a better one.

things cool, but would lose to almost everyone

laughing laughing

bigbran
Originally posted by Tony Stark
It most certainly is NOT...

Happy Dance Hey wait... was that other scan edited as well?

Horrificus
I think a Class 100 Martial Arts Thing would be frigging awesome.
NONE of the other 100 classers actively use the martial arts.

Give Benny some Kempo, Jiu Jutsu and maybe top it off with some baddass Kendo and an Adamantium/Vibranium/Dwarf Star sword.

Then, watch the big boys go down.

jasonk3
Maybe they should get him to stop sayin "its Clobberin Time" and change his name to any thing else but from "THE THING" or they could just have the hulk kill of his character, to show there's no more room for sloppy seconds.

bigbran
All they have to do is make him come out of the closet.
Look how powerful Ultimate Colossus is now.
Imagine how strong Thing would be.... Still think this is the best idea.

grey fox
Just slap a S on his chest . See how well it worked for Sentry , one day he was a crazy punk , next day he's Supes-lite .

King KAM
This is Pathetic, Thing needs no upgrade, he is FINE everything in comics isnt about whos stronger, and who can beat who, its about who has the better book.

Thing is FINE the way he is, learn to love him for him.

Jyppe
HAHA, that scan is a lie.

Actually it's not :/..

I'd also love to see Ben pick up some martial arts, even some wrestling/judo..

Dinalfos
Actually, I like Ben the way he is. Well, A little strength upgrade would be okay, I guess. But the most charming part of his character is that he's NOT the toughest and NOT the strongest. It's his personal motivation and will power that allows him to compete with others.

I do wish that they stopped making people job to him, though. Just make him fight enemies within his own leaque.

olympian
Ditto.

Scoobless
He could talk to rocks...... no expression

R.O.T. Yahman

How about you guys?

W.T.F. ? How can you possibly justify this crap;

'Maybe flight, invisibility, a weapon, an upgrade to becoming an "Earth Avatar", etc.'

I think they are already doing the Earth Avatar thing in the Ultimate universe.

The Thing is still an idol to people through out the world, and one of Marvels most popular characters. Why the hell would Joe Queseda or anybody else what to change that ? People who write stuff like this are unaware of the recent Mark Waid's run, where Thing was depicted as a RAW powerhouse through out. People tend to read the Handbooks, see the whole Class 80 /90 thing and discount Thing as a 'Looser'. Guys , get it into your heads that writers rarely, rarely ever take account of the power levels associated with the Hand books.

Mindship
Isn't Ben already supposed to have some h2h skills?

Personally, I liked the Golden Age Marvel ranking, when Hulk was #1, Ben was #2 and Thor was #3 (yes, Thor was #3). This is what made the Hulk-Thing fights so classic: Marvel's two top bricks just dookin' it out, raw and simple.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Mindship
Isn't Ben already supposed to have some h2h skills?

Personally, I liked the Golden Age Marvel ranking, when Hulk was #1, Ben was #2 and Thor was #3 (yes, Thor was #3). This is what made the Hulk-Thing fights so classic: Marvel's two top bricks just dookin' it out, raw and simple.

To be fair i have no problem with Benn having his ass handed to him during Hulk fights, It gives a realistic illustration of how powerful the Hulk really is. Id like to see him lifting more objects in his strength range, I.e. it needs to made clear that he Can lift Far more than 80 tons.

tkitna
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7489013

Oh my God! Where are all the fanboys at crying about how the Thing actually tagged Wolverine. I mean, isnt it shocking to see Wolverine actually being hit since he's supposed to be so fast and almost spidey like?

Anyways, I like the Thing just as he is.

Ultraman Baltan
Dude, I think Thing is OVERrated. How in the world would he beat Savage Hulk, or even Martian Manhunter?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by tkitna
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7489013

Oh my God! Where are all the fanboys at crying about how the Thing actually tagged Wolverine. I mean, isnt it shocking to see Wolverine actually being hit since he's supposed to be so fast and almost spidey like?

Anyways, I like the Thing just as he is.

Please give up the Wolverine bitterness, it really isn't clever.

Tshern
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Dude, I think Thing is OVERrated. How in the world would he beat Savage Hulk, or even Martian Manhunter?

I'm not sure if I understood your statement correctly, so I need some clarification. Are you implying that Savage Hulk is tougher than Martian Manhunter or do you say it is even more appaling that people believe Thing can defeat Martian Manhunter?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan

Ok this has got to be one of the most Random posts !

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Tshern
I'm not sure if I understood your statement correctly, so I need some clarification. Are you implying that Savage Hulk is tougher than Martian Manhunter or do you say it is even more appaling that people believe Thing can defeat Martian Manhunter?

I'm saying that people keep on saying he can beat them, when he can't. He's not underrated. He's overrated.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Ok this has got to be one of the most Random posts !

No it isn't. It makes sense. Your point of view is clouding your ability to see it in a different angle.

Ultraman Baltan
You really want a random post?

Ultraman Baltan
Booger.

Priest
give him wolverine claws, and a cytorack gem

Horrificus
W.T.F. ? How can you possibly justify this crap;

'Maybe flight, invisibility, a weapon, an upgrade to becoming an "Earth Avatar", etc.'

I think they are already doing the Earth Avatar thing in the Ultimate universe.

The Thing is still an idol to people through out the world, and one of Marvels most popular characters. Why the hell would Joe Queseda or anybody else what to change that ? People who write stuff like this are unaware of the recent Mark Waid's run, where Thing was depicted as a RAW powerhouse through out. People tend to read the Handbooks, see the whole Class 80 /90 thing and discount Thing as a 'Looser'. Guys , get it into your heads that writers rarely, rarely ever take account of the power levels associated with the Hand books.

I agree with you. But, dude, they are totally ignoring him over at Marvel.
And why? Because everybody wants Omega Mutants, and Heralds, and Cosmics and Abstracts.
In every frigging book.
It's terrible.
I just figured,if they gave him ANYTHING that would give him some kind of edge, maybe we can finally see him do some books. Get more attention.
Build on him.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Scoobless
He could talk to rocks...... no expression laughing laughing laughing laughing

R.O.T. Yahman
I agree with you. But, dude, they are totally ignoring him over at Marvel.
And why? Because everybody wants Omega Mutants, and Heralds, and Cosmics and Abstracts.
In every frigging book.
It's terrible.
I just figured,if they gave him ANYTHING that would give him some kind of edge, maybe we can finally see him do some books. Get more attention.
Build on him.

If anything, they need to expand on his Current Powers, I.e. lets learn more about his 'Ailen' physiology, li.e. how his muscles cells work when they are basically made out of Diamond hard compound. Where does he get the energy from to lift buildings weighing 1000's of tons, how does he feel pain when he's basically a rock. Lets see him braking more weight machines, and destroying more construction sites.

ExtraMision5555
Lets see him braking more weight machines, and destroying more construction sites. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing

w.t.f. ?

Horrificus
w.t.f. ?

w.t.f.

Horrificus
Wow! This is the greatest Post Ever!

H. S. 6
Double you tee eff?

Accel
He could talk to rocks...... no expression
rolling on floor laughing

R.O.T. Yahman
Wow! This is the greatest Post Ever!

What ? confused

H. S. 6
Originally posted by King KAM
This is Pathetic, Thing needs no upgrade, he is FINE everything in comics isnt about whos stronger, and who can beat who, its about who has the better book.

Thing is FINE the way he is, learn to love him for him.

thumb up

Inhuman
He should have a side kick like puck.
And wear matching outfits. And sombreros.

thedude1948
I think the best upgrade would be the ability for him to bleed through his rock hide whenever he gets his ass kicked.

Inhuman
Originally posted by thedude1948
I think the best upgrade would be the ability for him to bleed through his rock hide whenever he gets his ass kicked.

bleed mud?

magneto1992
Give him an assault rifle, basuka, gamma radiation, excaliburt, a mighty morphing power ranger's green morpher, the hollow, the cosmic cube, GL ring, compleate ability to use thor's hammer, a monkey, captatin america shield, abiliyty to say SHAZAM, harry potter wand and some spells, Kryptoninan power, the ability to grow to the size of galactus, and also all Predator's technology, also the bat-belt. but he will stil lose in the KMC Forums vrs forums

Scoobless
HE could get one of those spinning bowties that shoot water... Doom would never see that coming

Broly92
HE could get one of those spinning bowties that shoot water... Doom would never see that coming
No he should get turned into steel wait then he would be Colossus doh

Validus
He could get a better codename.

thedude1948
I think the only way you can really make The Thing useful is if he could be able to self destruct.

R.O.T. Yahman
Curly hair and one of those tiny black hats would be cool. shifty

Scoobless
Nah... a top hat... in fact the full magician getup, top hat, tuxedo (with red lining) white gloves, bowtie and a monacle... he could even learn some tricks to distract the bad guys with

R.O.T. Yahman
Nah... a top hat... in fact the full magician getup, top hat, tuxedo (with red lining) white gloves, bowtie and a monacle... he could even learn some tricks to distract the bad guys with

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Validus

The Loser... No, no wait... The It.

Damn, that was already used. disgust

magneto1992
Mighty Morphing power ranger........ Orange color

King KAM
Originally posted by Inhuman
He should have a side kick like puck.
And wear matching outfits. And sombreros. this is probably the best idea i have seen on here...

Horrificus
What ? confused

I am just agreeing with you that this is the greatest post ever created.
You are correct. This is INCREDIBLE!

Soujaboy
He could die, thats the best upgrade that I see happening in the near future.

Grimm22
The ability to transform back into human form...

Awful idea, Chris Claremont did it for a while and the idea was dropped when Waid went on the book.

Read Thing #8.

Ben explains tha his supposed curse has given him a great life and he wouldnt have it either way

Horrificus
Originally posted by Validus

like...

The Object

The What

The Exister

The Is

The Why-is-that-there?

The Punchee

snoopdogg
I think Thing is slowly getting to Rhinos level of laughability on KMC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.