Pirates of the caribbean 2? What a disappointment!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
I loved the first pirates and johnny depp is the best actor in the world so don't get me wrong.
I was so unhappy with the 2nd POTC! It was no longer a film for younger people that adults can enjoy too. It was to long and didn't even finish. I wanted there to be three completely different adventures.

It was very hollywood-ized. Jack sparrow is meant to be a smelly, rotting, BO covered lice infested decaying pirate so there would be no way Elizabeth should have kissed him, they should have thought of something else, she was meant to be a strong heroine but only showed girls that sexual innendos are the only way to get what you want. This meant that to me the mask of characters were lost in that moment.
The humour was all wrong too. They only tried to revive used jokes from the first film, and filled in the blanks with the random cannibal sequence which lost all the verbal wit I was expecting.

The story was far to complex too and I found it difficult to follow so imagine a five year old trying to watch it!
There are lots of other factors that made me leave the cinema totally unsatisfied.
The SFX took over! When Davvy Jones' boat dived under the waves it looked amazing and Gore Verbinski could have elaborated on that wonderfully, but it was only a brief moment swept aside by giant tenticals.

The only thing that made me smile was the fact that Barbossa is back AND he got to eat an apple!

Does anyone agree?????????

p.s Hello to those of you who remember me from last year if you're still here! Hello to ppl I don't know! xx smokin'

sccch
The movie is PG-13, of course kids couldn't understand it.
I for one,love the movie,as do many people here.

LovelyOne
yeah this review is crap I guess the 1 billion DMC raised at the box office is all the evidence we need to say this review is crap..people loved the Jack/Liz aspect of the movie..it wasnt the WIll/ Elizabeth supporters building up the numbers mate!!

..but IMO AWE is gonna be crap.I dont think I'm gonna like it

sccch
We can't judge AWE until it comes out or we get more OFFICIAL info.

LovelyOne
its pretty offcial what I heard..the lady who gave her the script is an insider..she's a well known one on various forums

and its pretty obvious because of what Tia said to Will

aniron
Don't get me wrong I'm not a POTC hater it was just a bit cheap and rushed in the build that's all. The first one was better and was originally made for children why the sudden and random change? The jack/liz aspect was REALLY cheap and a chav plot line. it was funny that he thought he had a chance and by actually giving him one has ripped another layer of humour away. The second is a different film and the first one may as well not exist.

sccch
LovelyOne, are you talking about the leaked script or another one that I haven't seen?

aniron
ps whats AWE?

sccch
Originally posted by aniron
ps whats AWE?

At World's End.

The 3rd PotC movie.

shannstar79
At Worlds End - the title of the Pirates 3

shannstar79
sorry smile hehehe

aniron
is that the name? I hope Barbossa wins, I think he's great. i LOVE JACK THOUGH? I hope elizabeth dies though. lol

LovelyOne
Don't get me wrong I'm not a POTC hater it was just a bit cheap and rushed in the build that's all. The first one was better and was originally made for children why the sudden and random change? The jack/liz aspect was REALLY cheap and a chav plot line. it was funny that he thought he had a chance and by actually giving him one has ripped another layer of humour away. The second is a different film and the first one may as well not exist.

I'm not a chav and i liked the Jack/Liz aspect its given Jack's character a bit of depth..if he remained the same people would get bored. The critics said they would so they decided to give Jack more depth..and we see it get to 1 billion..nuff said

and in Pirates 1..they deleted alot of the scenes out where Liz and Jack have a deeper connection. Its a shame too because it would have made a lot of sense of the second...instead they started to put the theme into No2..I don't know why though because it seems as if they are stepping backwards with 3 again...after I read what happens..and it's infuriating in a way lol..makes me feel as if I wasted 5 hours of my life and £19 on filler time that means nothing

LovelyOne
actually. I agree with you..they have royally ****ed up the franchise I agree..adding all the Jack and Elizabeth bull shit into it..because AWE?? what I read with that..It just makes DMC look like filler time to raise hype..like an advert for PotC 3..and PotC 3 is the real story if you know what I mean..

aniron
lol so do you agree or disagree that there was no need for the jack/liz bit? I'm confused lol

sccch
LovelyOne, for awhile you've been giving us long reasons why those two belong together.

aniron
NEVER!! Elizabeth should be taken to the gallows. right I'm off to have some beans. BRB

katelovespirate
several comments.

1. whats a chav?

2. i really enjoyed both one and two, but they DID have a very different feel. 2 felt bigger, scarier, more intense and more shocking than 1. in 1, they made raunchy jokes and had undead pirates and whores and all, but it felt lighter. it felt breezier-- more adventuresome, more old fashioned.

with 2, they crossed some lines, big time, and i really loved that they took that risk... what i DONT love is the direction 3 seems to be headed. I would rather them have cranked out another popcorn flick for 2, played it safe, and ended 3 happy than what they seem to be planning.

i'm not gonna lie to you guys, i have seen the film 9 times in theatres (though i only paid twice) but i count all those hours as well spent. i always laugh my face off, and thats great. i love these characters and this story. but i agree 2 feels very different.

i think I'll wait to comment on AWE till i see it.

LovelyOne
I agree in a way about the Jack/Liz thing..because of what I have now read with AWE..and iDMC does look like what you say it is...just a cheap way to raise hype for the third in my opinion. And that is when they start to kick off the "real story"..Where Elizabeth and Will's relationship is in turmoil like the first...and Jack once again is just the thing(GRRR Disney!!) placed there whilst the story revolves around him....IMO its crap to do that...especially when they give jack more depth in 2 and then stamp all over his feelings..he did care for Elizabeth..he loves her IMO..they gave Jack an arc and it seems as if they have gone back on it now.

I really did like the Jack/Liz aspect before I knew about whats going to happen in AWE..because Jack was maturing as a character on screen I thought. I do think that many people would have got bored if he was exactly like he was in movie 1..he needs some sort of arc and they gave him one in movie 2:

Box Office Mojo: What is the meaning of the series?
Ted Elliott: It's a study of what is a pirate. How free can you really be? What are those trade-offs? Jack kind of represents the ultimate free man? he really has no obligations to anybody, and, obviously, if you make an obligation to somebody, you're limiting your own freedom. But, if you're not willing to limit your own freedom, you can't have those relationships. If you look at Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest from that point of view,you kind of see what really leads to Jack's ultimate fate and why Elizabeth does what she does.
-from boxofficemojo.com

The man wants love in his life^^^ He wanted Elizabeth in his life so he went back for her..and she "wasn't ready" it seems

LovelyOne
Kate..a chav is the lower class scum of Britain..they are the shit on the shoe of life..laughing out loud

sccch
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Kate..a chav is the lower class scum of Britain..they are the shit on the shoe of life..laughing out loud

Hate to be mean to my fav. character, but isn't that what Norri is?
*Hugs James* SORRY James!*

aniron
A chav wears track suits and break into cars and think it's fun. Then when they get caught they act like a victim of society. Have you ever seen little britain? Vicky Pollard is an example! The best- I love Matt lucas.

Everyone seems to know what is going on in film three. How do I find out?
I'm glad ppl are understanding what I mean with my comments.

aniron
p.s Norrington is just a goon, a kiss ass. and yet I still think he's great. strange!!!1

sccch
JAMES IS NOT A GOON! *goes back to Norri thread*

Fawne
i have to disagree..the second was pretty amazing..sure a little less dramatic and a lot more comedic which might have made you hate it..but i liked it

aniron
Norrington is the good kind of goon!!!!

I thought there was less comedy. It was far less witty more slapstick american humour rathar than ironic, sarcastic, clever humour.

aniron
p.s I can't start anymore threads today so Im going to ask randomly, did anyone watch this years british Big Brother? V important news if you did!!!!!!!!!!1

sailorleo
p.s I can't start anymore threads today so Im going to ask randomly, did anyone watch this years british Big Brother? V important news if you did!!!!!!!!!!1 why?

sccch
Norrington is the good kind of goon!!!!

I thought there was less comedy. It was far less witty more slapstick american humour rathar than ironic, sarcastic, clever humour.

Being American I take that as an insult.

But the movie was supposed to be more serious.

aniron
no way Americans aren't stupid it's just an expression I meant absoloutly no offence-geez everyone has grown touchy. I have a great friend whos american!!!!!

to sailorleo-- Did you see it?

sailorleo
i live in AMERICA, but what's the news?

Mistypirate

I'M GONNA HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID, i ACTUALLY LIKED THE 2ND ONE BETTER THAT THE 1ST ONE. THE 1 BILLION CAN SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES

aniron
forget the one billion. just put it as one billion and a lot of people being dissappointed like me, and some very confused kids lol!

about BB it's not really news, more of a claim to fame!!! I need someone to have seen it but basically I know the runner up of this years BB and he is getting really famous and I'm just proud of him.

sccch
This movie isn't meant for little kids!

aniron
The first film was. It was a disney film for the younger generation which also enabled to older generation to enjoy it to. Then it became hollywood-ized. I can't help it. I see the truth!!!! smokin'

LovelyOne
p.s I can't start anymore threads today so Im going to ask randomly, did anyone watch this years british Big Brother? V important news if you did!!!!!!!!!!1

yesh..whats the news?

ohh you know glyn?? awesome

Fawne
The first film was. It was a disney film for the younger generation which also enabled to older generation to enjoy it to. Then it became hollywood-ized. I can't help it. I see the truth!!!! smokin'

no..you see what you want to see..

aniron
....which is the truth! smokin'

Ye I know glyn. he was in my english class, I microwaved his dinners cos he didn't know how to use it. and I have his phone number. he's a great guy but bit of a joskin. great tho!

PirateDiva
I loved the first pirates and johnny depp is the best actor in the world so don't get me wrong.
I was so unhappy with the 2nd POTC! It was no longer a film for younger people that adults can enjoy too. It was to long and didn't even finish. I wanted there to be three completely different adventures.

It was very hollywood-ized. Jack sparrow is meant to be a smelly, rotting, BO covered lice infested decaying pirate so there would be no way Elizabeth should have kissed him, they should have thought of something else, she was meant to be a strong heroine but only showed girls that sexual innendos are the only way to get what you want. This meant that to me the mask of characters were lost in that moment.
The humour was all wrong too. They only tried to revive used jokes from the first film, and filled in the blanks with the random cannibal sequence which lost all the verbal wit I was expecting.

The story was far to complex too and I found it difficult to follow so imagine a five year old trying to watch it!
There are lots of other factors that made me leave the cinema totally unsatisfied.
The SFX took over! When Davvy Jones' boat dived under the waves it looked amazing and Gore Verbinski could have elaborated on that wonderfully, but it was only a brief moment swept aside by giant tenticals.

The only thing that made me smile was the fact that Barbossa is back AND he got to eat an apple!

p.s Hello to those of you who remember me from last year if you're still here! Hello to ppl I don't know! xx smokin'

Sorry Love couldnt disagree more!! I personally loved both movies!! and sooo far they've been 2 different adventures, 2 different styles of movies which both seemed to work (still dont see a wrong) and the Jack/Liz aspect ya-3 words- BILLION DOLLAR CLUB!!! these movies are amazing!!

"Jack sparrow is meant to be a smelly, rotting, BO covered lice infested decaying pirate so there would be no way Elizabeth should have kissed him," So Jack Sparrow is all of that(^^) to u...ok cause the Jack Sparrow i see is this amazingly HOT PIRATE....whom any GIRL whould have made out with! ask anyone what they remember most about the movie....and u'll see that most answers will be the KISS BETWEEN JACK/LIZ!!!! Who doesn't love a good love triangle in a movie? it's what makes movies great!!

PirateDiva
forget the one billion. just put it as one billion and a lot of people being dissappointed like me, and some very confused kids lol!

about BB it's not really news, more of a claim to fame!!! I need someone to have seen it but basically I know the runner up of this years BB and he is getting really famous and I'm just proud of him.

There are only like what 3 or 4 movies in the BILLION DOLLAR CLUB (and thats including POTC 2)...ya i think thats a really big deal!!!! speaks for itself!!

sccch
yup.

lovethemtigers
in some ways I agree...if iff if the spoilers and leaked scripts coming out about AWE are true..then, yes, POTC 2 was a big disappointment..if they meant to make LIza and Jack fall in love -as all the clues and symbolisms indicated - then it was brillant....but if it was just to add a sense of maturity to a Will/Liz love story..then it stank, big time. It is really riduculous...all the underlying clues was nothing...it's the worst movie ever. They should have just stayed at POTC and left well enough alone...unless they would have just left things stay...don't put in the Liz/Jack stuff....

LovelyOne
I agree with you^

lovethemtigers
jack is no smelly, nasty pirate...and i know of no one except you (the one who started this thread) that thinks that....everyone I talked to after POTC 1 was in love with him and thought he and Elizabeth were going to get together at certain points.....it can still be a movie for children and have it turn into a Jack Liz Love story.....

however, since that doesn't seem to be the case...then yes it is a big disappointment....disappointing that they spent all this money, put in all these clues and symbolisms...just to go back to where they started .....Liz alone and dreaming about a Pirate Life, Will a blacksmith hating Pirates - practicing with swords three hours a day...and Jack being a victim of mutiny and sailing in on a sinking ship, all alone, and Norrington looking once again like a stuffy Ice Cream Cone...I HATE THIS TRILOGY

PirateDiva
And by the way if it's american humor or whatever then why has the movie been #1 consecutively for 12 weeks over seas...huh? apparently everyone over there seems to be enjoying this so called american humor as u put it!!! it's doing way better over there!!

Pirates life fo
Damn people. Unless Ted and Terry come out publically and give away the ending of the movie, then everything is speculation. Why not wait to see it before bashing it and calling it a waste of time and money. ONE person here says they have a friend who has a friend that is a ligit insider with the real script and everyone goes crazy talking about a crappy movie and 'they should have stopped with movie 1' etc.

I dont mean to bash anyone here at all. Im just saying that everyone should be open minded. Lovelyone, if you can tell me the name of this friend of a friend that claims to have a copy of the script I will tell you privately whether that person is legit or not as long as you dont post it here.

I just personally dont like people getting copies of 'leaked scripts', hating it, and passing on that script info and that hate for it. Sure opinions are fine that isnt the problem. The problem here is that everyone here believes you that its a legit script and it goes against what they would like to see happen. Its just generating hate.

Even if you were to get a copy of the real script and you didnt like how something reads, wait to see it on the screen. It might make sense.

PirateDiva
Thats exactly what i've been saying!!! I'm with u!! By the way how would u know by knowing the persons name if that person is a legit source!!!????? ur not T n T are u? lol!

Pirates life fo
No Im not one of the writers but I think I can find out who has been on set that would be able to get a copy of the script. Lovely knows what Im talking about.

sccch
What are you talking about?

PirateDiva
so do u like have a connection to the movie set? is that it?

Pirates life fo
I cant say how I would know I just would. I just think that people with any inside info, whether completely real or not, shouldnt divulge that info so negatively. When you hate what you know and pass it on to others it comes across to those others as negative. Let people make there own opinions once they see it. If they want to hate it after that then cool. It will be for there own reasons.

PirateDiva
You dont have to convince me about it!! i as well as a couple of other members have been trying really hard to get ppl not to go with the negative grind....i personally want POTC3 to be even more successful than the 1st 2 movies!! I like them....and i get sad to hear ppl losing hope!!! But i've tried...i mean the movie hasnt even been finished filming yet and i think it's sad how ppl want to judge it already...when non of us have seen it in concrete, or even a trailer for that matter!!

LovelyOne
I'm not gonna say her name she might get into trouble..and it wasnt even my fault it spread here..I didnt make that thread that gave away the ending..I PMd it to one or two people people who wanted to know and it spread..so now I'm just gonna shut up.

next time I learn a spoiler people can just sod off..I'm not telling them anything...they can sit through the movie...

Next time I say I know something fellow KMCers..dont ask me shit ok?

good. I'm out!

and the other thread I posted was only a review. Since the ending was already spread I didnt think it would be THAT bad to post it..I should try and get it deleted.

I'm out of this forum man..people ask to know the ending and then they attack me..well I'm done with it sad

aniron
people who say they think jack sparrow is hot are totally wrong. Johnny depp is hot but his characetr is meant to be a lice infested decayin.... it's not real people.

Thats what I meant by the character mask sliping away. You are not meant to see the very sexy johnny depp. you're meant to see a pirate dying of scurvy. And stop getting offended JESUS!

As for the american humour remark. American humour is slapstick. therefore I think there is to much slapstick humour rather than verbal wit. mad smokin'

LovelyOne
Will is a pansy boy with an elvish tattoo on his arm!..Will looks like a 12 year old boy with a fake beard stuck on his face.I think it IS a fake beard actually..he had to use a back stunt double apparenly because the whip would snap him in half if we saw his real back..jack is the MAN of the story, Will is the child..how any woman can find Will attractive in that movie..I have no idea he looks as if he's two hormones away from being female...

don't diss Jack.he's not disgusting and ugly thats only your opinion..as is mine about Will..

Jack is sexy and people know it. Ted(script writer for PotC) refers to him as the delicious WAFFLE to liz whilst Will is the boring bloated feast that no one can possibly digest in the long run because its too boring and big..

didn't Sherill crowe or what ever her name use Jack = in a video for sex appeal?

and he's not dying of scurvy..he looked NOTHING like those other pirates in pirates 1..he looked totally different..the OTHER ones were disgusting looking..they all looked really REALLY bad and Jack looked nothing like them...even in 2 pintell and raggeti look much worse than Jack.

I think Jack cares more for his health than those guys did..and Jack hasnt ALWAYS been a pirate BTW...he was once an employee of the EITC

LovelyOne
Jack is grimy..and has "bad breath" but thats it..he is not riddled with scurvy..scurvy is a disease that affects the gums and makes them rot, turn black and the teeth fall out..jack has two gold teeth but they could have been put there before he even became a pirate after the EITC..his top teeth are perfectly white..his gums are not rotting and are not black...Some of the other pirates in the story have this though and Jack is no where NEAR as disgusting looking as them..he just looks like he needs a wash lmao..

And I guess you think that every person with dreadlocks has lice to come up with that comparison

willofthewisp
I agree about not spreading around "leaked" scripts or secrets. There is just no legitimacy to any of it. Second, DMC is not a waste of money because even if Will and Liz live happily ever after, we got to see Jack and Liz kiss. It was sincere on both ends, and they will forever have a special place in their heart for the other one.
Which is why I think the writers messed up, not ruined the movie, just messed up.
Mature love can mature without bringing in temptation. If the only way they could think of to make Will and Liz's relationship to grow was have one of them basically cheat on the other, than they do not have a concept of real love or what it takes to go from puppy love to true love. It takes time, fighting, debating, discussing everything. That's why most of us love the curiosity scene so much. Jack and Liz, before they make it all about tempting each other, took the time to get to know one another and make their own educated assumptions about the other. You don't see that kind of realism in Will and Liz's story, and no matter how fantastic the epic you're thrown into, the love story portion has to be grounded in reality. Look at The Odyssey for goodness sake. Look how well matched Odysseus and Penelope are in personality, demeanor, etc and when they are together, how they actually talk about other things besides their wedding day (Will and Liz).
So the writers must be single men, or do not know how to write relationships. They do an excellent job with Jack and Liz's whether they intend for it to turn to love or not because at least these two characters seem to have more than a basic understanding of the other, and it bothers me if they think they could turn what in their minds is a friendship relationship (Jack and Liz) and turn it into an affair. That just implies
1. men and women cannot be friends and have a meaningful relationship unless they're in love
2. you have to explore while you are with your partner to deepen your relationship
3. Storybook, fairytale love outweighs any attempt at an adult relationship based on similar personality, interests, habits, proximity, and attraction.

So I am all set to see the 3rd movie just to see how they will tie all this up.

lovethemtigers
people who say they think jack sparrow is hot are totally wrong. Johnny depp is hot but his characetr is meant to be a lice infested decayin.... it's not real people.

Thats what I meant by the character mask sliping away. You are not meant to see the very sexy johnny depp. you're meant to see a pirate dying of scurvy. And stop getting offended JESUS!

As for the american humour remark. American humour is slapstick. therefore I think there is to much slapstick humour rather than verbal wit. mad smokin'

This is getting old....not one single person - except YOU - refers to Johnny this way as Jack Sparrow...sorry - but he looked sexy and hot from the moment he was sailing in on that sinking ship in POTC 1- if he was suppose to come across as a lice infested decaying pirate dieing of scurvy - then he failed miserably - cuz that's not what the public saw - then they should have disguised him more....cus sorry he is simply beautiful dressed up as a pirate - he is breathtakin - like when he takes off his hat and salutes the hanging skeletons in the first movie...or when he tilts that hat and smiles in the jail cell...OMG - the man is beautiful, sexy and hot - even, if not more so, as Captain Jack Sparrow - so sorry but he did not come across the way you explain him - if that's what they were trying to accomplish - then they needed someone else to play Jack Sparrow - not the gorgeous, sexy J0hnny Depp.....

T.Maria
i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion...

i for one thought the movie was better than 1..and the reason i went to see it twice was because of the jack/liz chemistry...i was shocked becuase i had heard no interviews or seen any extracts or anything...so it was all brandnew to me smile

most people i know thought it was fantastic, and they thought jack/liz made sense because he was the hero of the film, and threfore the hero should 'get the girl'.

i agree they will screw it up if AWE has the ending we are all dreading...

i do take into careful consideration all of these spoilers...however, i am peacefully calm because i allow myself not to be spoiled too much smile ...therefore i know very little about what will happen...and thats fine by me because then im not driving my self into a demensia-induced state smile

I know all this ending stuff...and i thank whoever brought it over because then there are discussions galore smile ... but at the end of the say whether AWE will suck or not....its the end of the story and everyone will more or less want to see how it pans out....

also, with scripts they miss the subtle things...like how jack and liz will look at eachother....the looks on their faces that the actors will create...THOSE were the things in movie 2 i loved most...they meant moresmile

For me...aslong as i know they aknowledge that they feel for eachother, and the audience are aware of it too, then it can end however it bloody well wants to smile

its good enough for me smile

willofthewisp
You said it all. It is all about the subtleness of their relationship. The glances, the innuendo, none of it is in your face until the kiss, which is the way it should be since it's at the climax of the movie. Their relationship is slow and is based on admiration and the fact that they've just realized that they romantically want the other one is good enough for me, too.

T.Maria
Originally posted by willofthewisp
You said it all. It is all about the subtleness of their relationship. The glances, the innuendo, none of it is in your face until the kiss, which is the way it should be since it's at the climax of the movie. Their relationship is slow and is based on admiration and the fact that they've just realized that they romantically want the other one is good enough for me, too.

EXACTLY!! big grin

Now then ladies think about this;

POSSIBLE 4TH MOVIE, right??

Ok...if the writers know that liz/jack sells...then they wont want to give them their ending in 3 IF there is going to be a 4th!

For me....the best chemistry between characters DOESNT come from them being 'together'...it comes from the audience WANTING them to be together.

The more you want it, the better the chemistry seems...therfore if there is a 4th film then the chemistry will be on-going if liz/jack are involved.

the writers/gore/jerry know that jack/liz sell sex...therefore if they want to go on to make another film then they NEED to include this..they need to include the chemistry and NOT let us have it until the very last moment.

Think about it...if we got our ending in 3 would we be happy??

For a while...until the 4th came out and suddenly its 'been there done that' with jack and liz....
the writers keep us coming back because they HAVENT done jack/liz...they haven't explored all the options...and the probably WILL explore them if a 4th one comes along....

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by willofthewisp

Oh I agree...if this is the case....I'm just worried that's all...I would love to see the Jack/Liz moments....looks of longing...subtleness of a glance and a touch then explode into a kiss at some point...but don't think it's gonna happen....and it has nothing to do witht he leaked scripts...it's just a feeling I've had for a long time...sorry

LovelyOne
I get the feeling they are winding it back up to the beginning again so that in movie 4 they can do a story without the whelp involved..they way they probably WANTED it to be all along had they not been pressured into adding in the whelp to make it straight in movie 1.

all the scenes they added into PotC 1 and then took out which were Jack/Liz..it was all about them and a close proximity and understanding..something that was NOT there with her and Will

Just to make me satisfied..I would like to see a little hint where Elizabeth shows her wanting towards jack again and vise versa (that I'm certain WAS there during most of DMC even after she chained him up..or was I just watching a drive in movie with the car facing the wrong way?) before the credits roll ..It would be a good unspoken moment that will wet our appetites for the 4th and if its not a prequel *crosses fingers* they can start off and do the movie they always wanted to where Jack/Liz blatantly belong together...are a little iffy at first but the sexual tension mounts and mounts and MOUNTS

tee_pirategirl

p.s Hello to those of you who remember me from last year if you're still here! Hello to ppl I don't know! xx smokin' I'm soooooo sorry but I can't disagree more...it was DMC that made us all really adicted so i must say 2 was even better than 1 and that 1 billion people went to see it and most people saw it more than once...there was a reason people went to see it and if they heard from their friends it was no good than they wouldn't have saw it. Now I can understand Lovelyone and a few others not liking what we'er hearing on AWE BUT that's only BECAUSE it might not end liz/jack the way it's supposed to be...it's explainable and I can understand it. and I really don't wanna be mean though I know I kinda am but I'm not meaning any of this in a bad way....I'm just saying "girls LOVE bad boys" and jack is THE bad boy..it's just the rules of attraction plus I didn't see jack suffering from lice or anything else....just bad breath and a bit of a bathing issue but as women all over the world drooled all over jack sparrow and terry clark even featured him in her video for "girls lie too" ands she maid the highest sail on that than any of her videos just cause people wanted a glimpse of jack (even if not played by johnny) so not meaning to be rude but we POTC fans (wether feeling good or bad about the next movie) will stand united and defend our hero...wwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeew i just had to get that out sorry

aniron
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
This is getting old....not one single person - except YOU - refers to Johnny this way as Jack Sparrow...sorry - but he looked sexy and hot from the moment he was sailing in on that sinking ship in POTC 1- if he was suppose to come across as a lice infested decaying pirate dieing of scurvy - then he failed miserably - cuz that's not what the public saw - then they should have disguised him more....cus sorry he is simply beautiful dressed up as a pirate - he is breathtakin - like when he takes off his hat and salutes the hanging skeletons in the first movie...or when he tilts that hat and smiles in the jail cell...OMG - the man is beautiful, sexy and hot - even, if not more so, as Captain Jack Sparrow - so sorry but he did not come across the way you explain him - if that's what they were trying to accomplish - then they needed someone else to play Jack Sparrow - not the gorgeous, sexy J0hnny Depp.....

Jack sparrow does not exist he therefore could not look sexy. Johnny depp who is a sexy beast and may even be elated to a god PLAYS a rotting, decaying,lice infested pirate called jack sparrow (PLAYS-it's not a true story). You're taking everything out of context. The second was disappointing and if it was so wonderful nobody let alone everyone I know and then some should be leaving the cinema feeling slightly cheated.

aniron
And I love johnny depp and the character HE PLAYS Jack sparrow! my god you ppl have PMT. Seriously I just didn't like the second film. Deal with it. it's lost the magic.

tee_pirategirl
it's your opinion and we respect it...I get your point actually but that shouldn't mean I agree with it does it? like I feel like Johnny has created a character we can believe to be real (same goes for all other characters and the actor playing them) and on the STORY LEVEL of things we belive him to be real so he CAN be sexy if you just use a bit of imagination and loose yourself in the fantasy world...so lets agree to disagree ...we all loved DMC(dead man's chest) AND the lice infested ,rotting and decaying jack sparrow....just like all those other 1.6 billion woman who voted him sexiest fictional character in film history and you just didn't...there are different tastes in the world and you should try to respect what we think and think of it as a possibility that it might (I'm not saying it is I'm just saying it might) be true just like we (or just me) think that you have a point that might be right...anyways why can't we all just be happy disagreeing?

aniron
They voted Johnny depp to be sexy!

Nobody gets my point!

aniron
Plus: Keira knightly is good in potc as the wooden plank. she really can't act and looks like a man, but thats anither thread!

PirateDiva
Jack sparrow does not exist he therefore could not look sexy. Johnny depp who is a sexy beast and may even be elated to a god PLAYS a rotting, decaying,lice infested pirate called jack sparrow (PLAYS-it's not a true story). You're taking everything out of context. The second was disappointing and if it was so wonderful nobody let alone everyone I know and then some should be leaving the cinema feeling slightly cheated.

There was a reason for that because it's the middle movie not much was suppose to be resolved...because it's a trilogy!!! So if u felt cheated it's because u expected to find everything out in the 2nd movie, but then there would be no need for a 3rd movie if that happened, now would there!!!

LovelyOne

you telling me that Disney would risk making Jack look ugly like all the other pirates in the story?..He looks different to ALL of the other pirates..because he is NOT lice infested, crawling with scurvy..he's not even a proper pirate..he used to be an employ of the EITC..He has sex appeal..thats all Jack sparrow is about..the ROCK STAR image that Johnny is talking about..they are basically GODS..

Will turner is a crap character added in because Jack was a risk in movie 1....he's boring thank god they are getting rid of him before movie 4 he is a WASTE OF SPACE

tell me where Disney have said he is a lice infested, rotting pirate who has scurvy?

Or is it just your opinion..

because 1 billion odd would disagree with you..the only reason it got up to 1 billion is because people KEPT GOING BACK TO SEE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN..so its NOT a crap movie

and Jack Sparrow has become a pop culture icon...so he very much is real in the heats and minds of millions..

sccch
Jack sparrow does not exist he therefore could not look sexy.

H-h-how can you say that?!

LovelyOne
exactly^^ I mean he exists on screen thats all we need lol

LovelyOne
I als have to say..if they kept jack the same..I doubt the movie would have done as well and the writers knew it..there were warnings from critics etc..he needs to change a little bit..new things need to happen in his life otherwise what is the point of telling a new story if he's going to be exactly the same and doesnt learn a thing? it gets DULL..I was actually getting rather annoye with his cowardly wys towards the end of the movie..then we saw him shine..

aniron
if you watch the special features on the dvd they blatantly say these people are rotting death on legs. why would jack sparrow be randomly different? that would be stupid? u guys aren't good at characterization are you.
he is the same! his breath stinks and wats her name says he has no hygiene.

LovelyOne
because he's not like those kinds of pirate..he''s not a bad man..he's supposed to be different..I remember ted and Terry saying he's not really a proper pirate.

and all you have to do is look at how different Jack looks to them..he's about 80% cleaner and more healthy looking. No way would they risk making the lead character and selling point of the movie look really disgusting..he may do to you but to the majority of the female population on the planet, he looked sexy..

He's grubby looking and has "bad breath" but his teeth are white and his gums aren't black..his eyes arent yellow like the other pitares..his heir is not drenched in sweat..and grease..it's just dreadlocks..

Its mostly women who watch this movie..and they love it because he's in it..not Will turner..he's not the sex appeal of the movie..It's Jack..hence the fact the Jack/Liz relationship had more sex appeal in it.

the writers know sex sells..you put Jack Sparrow, the theme of sex, love and Elizabeth together..they get box office gold.

aniron
thus proving my point that is hollywoodized? so Jack isn't a pirate? hasn;t pilaged? killed? stolen? dishonest?

LovelyOne
they said that in movie 1! that he's not really a proper pirate

what movies were you watching?? The whole point of movie 1 and 2 was to show you that Jack is actually a very honest and good man..and a pretty bad pirate..thats why he got betrayed by Barbossa..because a good man at heart and he's esily tricked because he as that honest nature in him..cuz he hasnt ALWAYS been a pirate

LovelyOne
He once saved 99 slaves from the EITC whilst he was emloyed by them..he's a good man

LovelyOne

LovelyOne
Traits

Unusual for a pirate, Sparrow is known for his altruistic nature and will risk himself to save others, most notably Will and Elizabeth. In Pirates 1, it's implied that Jack's benevolence is one reason his crew mutinied. When Jack suggests a nonviolent way to retrieve the Aztec medallion from the Interceptor, Barbossa exclaims, "Now, y'see Jack, that's exactly the attitude that lost you the Pearl. People are easier to search when they're dead." Sparrow is presented as an honourable, if self-serving, man who adheres to the "Pirates' Code." He also believes there are "good" pirates, which was his evaluation of "Bootstrap" Bill Turner. Jack also has character flaws. In a weak moment of cowardice, he deserts his ship and crew to save himself as it's being attacked by the Kraken. However, his intrinsic loyalty and heroism ultimately win out, and he returns in time to save his shipmates.

Jack considers himself a ladies' man, explaining that he has a "tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature." However, he is seemingly unable to commit to a long-term relationship, although Elizabeth Swann appears to be the first woman Jack is unable to forget. Interestingly, in the novelization of the second film, Jack tells Elizabeth that he likes marriage because it is, "like a wager to see who will fall out of love first." Jack is adept at sweeping ladies off their feet, but his conquests seem to have a sour memory of him. His former flames, Giselle and Scarlett, tend to slap him or anyone looking for him.

Jack apparently suffers from extremely bad breath, although this may just be from drinking alcohol. Commodore Norrington had to take a step back when Sparrow got a little too close, and Governor Swann nearly gagged when face-to-face with him. When Jack attempts to romantically approach Elizabeth during Dead Man's Chest, she notes their various differences, including "personal hygiene." However, she seems unaffected by his breath during later close encounters with him. Ironically, Sparrow tells Commodore Norrington that he smells funny (after he was thrown into a pig sty).

----------------------------

It explains why sometimes people can stand up to his breath and sometimes people cant and he had just been drinking rum when he spoke to Liz about marriage and she recoils at his breath.

aniron
ok kinda goin to far border line obseesive! if he aint a pirate then y's he a pirate? And why does he plunge, and pillage he's honest deep down but a cool crazy pirate nonetheless. We're going off the point now too. we may as well talk about bannanas we're goin so far off the point! lol.

I can't help that I was gutted by the second film. it just can basically exclude there ever being a first because all the verbal jokes are the same but for some random hollywoodized reason the characters have changed. ta da. rolling on floor laughing

aniron
how can u be bothered to write so much?

LovelyOne
I didnt..it came off of here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Sparrow#Early_life

I dont know what made him decide to be a pirate..he was a working man then he got burned..at labled a pirate because he saved the slaves and returned them to africa

I stil dont think thats why he embraced a life where he doesnt have to take responsibilty for anyone..IMO he's hiding something about his past

LovelyOne
and that also shows you how much of an impact Jack sparrow has become..he's much more than just a "fictional character" he's more on an icon..I hardly see any other characters analysed like that on wikipedia

aniron
then y does he love it? make a point of getting the pearl and being so hurt by the mutany. why make a deal with Davvy jones that would later cause his death to be a pirate captain of a pirate ship? and yet we are still goin off the point lol . BANANNAS BANANNAS BANANNAS BANANNAS BANANNAS. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

aniron
Y do u ppl think I hate jack? I don't thats not the point of the thread!

LovelyOne
I dont know..IMO people who usually dont know how to love people..or have never felt properly loved in their lives tend to cling onto material things for comfort..they think they are the most important things in the world..I also think Jack has a very big ego..he likes to boast that he is a great pirate but he's actually become very cowardly over the years..we learn in movie 1 that he's actually not as brave as he once was..when he's on the beach..with Liz

money cant buy happiness...ever heard of that saying?

aniron
thats a load of crap. who ever said that should be shot lol. having money isn't the problem it's the person that has it! banannas.

aniron
plus that explanation is a bit far fetched and sketchy so I suppose there is no answer. the film was sketchy all the way through. I just wasn't happy with it.

LovelyOne
no..the point is money can buy you quick thrills..like a ship..or a hat..that make you feel happy for a short time...they cant make you feel loved..IMO Jack just wants something in his life that can love him back for once..

Its a pretty sad existence..I have never heard of a single person who has all the things they ever wanted exept freinds or a partner..and are happy..material things just dont count compared to human companionship..and imo Jack by the start of movie 2..and possibly even movie 1..was starting to feel the need for it...

aniron
he should get a dog, except he left that one to die! lol

Money can buy u happiness if I was rich I know I'd be happy as I wouldn'thave to worry. Overall there is no answer to this thread is there? shall I tell the mod we're done?

aniron
p.s dogs are great. I love my dog.

LovelyOne
yes a dog!! thats better than Liz the ***** chaining him to the mast...little *****.. The man wanted her in his life and she refused him..and whats more she pisses off back to Will in movie 3 after using him for her lust it seems.

aniron
she should be beaten and then left on tortuga where she belongs with the other ***** yey sombody else who doesn't like her! thank god! everyone loves her but she's just a **************************************************

LovelyOne
I used to like her..but now i dont..I thought she was falling for jack in movie 2 so I liked it cuz I thought Jack was finally getting some love in his life..which IMO he needs.. when instead she rips his heart out and stamps on it in movie 3..jack thought she cared for him..well she's a *****..cuz she runs like a little lovesick puppy after Will..pathetic little *****

aniron
I like will big grin

my friend is in uni with keria crapleighs old friend who hates her because she's dropped everyone now she's famous. She is the WORST actress alive I hate it that the industry is embracing her like she's a gift from god. just because ppl fancy the drag queen. when really beautiful AND talented actresses such as Liv Tyler are just forgotton.

LovelyOne
maybe she's just busy? I dont hate Keira the person..Just the character Elizabeth after what she's going to do to Jack in movie 3..basically cold shoulder him

Orlando Bloom's a nice guy but I dont like Will lol.

Keira is a good acrtess. She's better than alot of younger ones in hollywood today like Lindsay Lohan or what ever...Keira does have talent..but it could mature to something better. She's only 21.

Maybe she just doesnt have time with a busy shedule to talk to her firends..she says she would like more time to go back and talk to her firends but she cant.

Liv Tyler is beautiful smile..cant believe she is Steve Tylers daughter that man has a mouth like a letter box!

aniron
Liv has a perfect mouth. sorry but keira pouts TOO much and can't act. she's the same in everything and I just plain hate her. people work hard with talent. she's just rich and guys fancy her. I'm very fussy with actors and actresses. take Johnny depp. I don't love him because he is drop dead gorgeous thats just a bonus. the fact is there will never be such and actor in this world again. his characterization is breathtaking. edward scissorhands, ichabod crane, jack sparrow, who'd have thought it was the same actor? with keira whats her face I may as well watch paint dry. smokin'

LovelyOne
Ichabod crane!! OMG I loved that character...ooh you want a list of all the movies he turned down in the past? I have it

aniron
ye send it to me!!!!!! when I'm famous I bet he'll act in my films. I'll do good ones.

LovelyOne
Ask the Dust
Val Kilmer and Johnny Depp were attached to the film at various times.
Actor who got the part: Colin Farrell

The Brothers Grimm
Depp was the first choice to play Will Grimm.
Actor who got the part: Matt Damon

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Mentioned as a possible star of director George Clooney's movie about Chuck Barris.
Actor who got the part: Sam Rockwell

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
During his interview on "Inside the Actors Studio" Johnny Depp said that he was offered the part of Ferris Bueller but was unavailable for it. He also said that Matthew did a great job with the role.
Actor who got the part: Matthew Broderick

Hulk
Considered to play Bruce Banner.

Indecent Proposal
Depp was considered for the lead role of David (Woody)
Actor who got the part: Woody Harrelson

Interview with the Vampire
Johnny Depp turned down the lead role of Lestat.
Actor who got the part: Tom Cruise
(Johnny woulda kicked ass in that movie..)

Legends of the Fall
Johnny Depp was considered to play Tristan.
Actor who got the part: Brad Pitt

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Johnny Depp was attached to play Count Olaf when Tim Burton was attached to direct. When Burton left, Depp left as well.
Actor who got the part: Jim Carrey

Mars Attacks!
Depp was considered for the role of Jason Stone the reporter.
Actor who got the part: Michael J Fox

The Matrix
According to an interview with Matrix composer Don Davis, Johnny Depp was the Wachowskis' first choice for Neo.
Actor who got the part: Keanu Reeves

Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Depp was considered to play John Smith.

Platoon
Oliver Stone considered Johnny Depp to play Private Chris Taylor when Depp was young and still unknown.
Actor who got the part: Charlie Sheen

The Rocketeer
Johnny Depp was nearly cast as Cliff Secord.
Actor who got the part: Bill Campbell

Signs
Depp was considered to star as Graham Hess.
Actor who got the part: Mel Gibson

Sin City
Had to pass on the role of Jackie Boy because of prior commitment.
Actor who got the part: Benicio Del Toro

Speed
Reportedly turned down the role of Jack.
Actor who got the part: Keanu Reeves

Superman Returns
Considered for the roles of Lex Luthor and Jor-El.
Actor who got the part: Kevin Spacey, Marlon Brandon

Thelma and Louise
Johhny Depp turned down the role of the hitchhiker.

The Thin Red Line
Depp was reportedly considered for a role.
Actor who got the part: James Caviezel

Titanic
Was considered for the role of Jack.
Actor who got the part: Leonardo Dicaprio

Titanic
In a phone interview on the Howard Stern show, Johnny Depp would not say which films he has turned down, but Howard Stern reportedly got him to admit that he "labored" through the Titanic script.
Actor who got the part: Leonardo DiCaprio

aniron
crikey thats a lot.

I'm going now. just had some bad news. the dog I loved from my job has just died. sad

LovelyOne
Oh god I'm sorry sad

aniron
I've e-maild my boss. haven't heard n e thing yet tho. I loved that dog so much, but he was very old, and very ill, he kept having fits. I'm going to miss him. I used to play and cuddle with him all the time!

aniron
whats going on with this AWE thing? can u post me the story?

LovelyOne
I'm not gonna post what I know on here anymoe..it cause alot of trouble lol

aniron
pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!

shannstar79
I want you to tell too smile
I am dying to know
PLEASE

sccch
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I'm not gonna post what I know on here anymoe..it cause alot of trouble lol

True.....we even made about 3 threads trying to make us feel better....

LovelyOne
yeah but you never had to read it, it did say SPOILER on it

I didnt actually post it either it was kate

the thing I posted was a review of the script not written by me

PirateDiva
^Oh ya u had nothing to do with it...u were very discreet as well telling that if anyone wanted to know to PM u!!! so no worries...things got out of hand because the rest of us wanted to talk about it and thats how it got on here!!

sccch
yeah,but come on,who REALLY pays attention to the wor: SPOILERS ?

aniron
tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by sccch
yeah,but come on,who REALLY pays attention to the wor: SPOILERS ?

people who dont really want to know the ending..you didnt have to click the thread either yet you did..because YOU wanted to know..you read it didnt like it and told me off about it

aniron
fight later! send me the AWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate waiting!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm disappointed with 2 anyway so im pretty indifferent to what happens in the third. as long as elizabeth is very very sad or dead in the end I'm not going to be happy any way lol. send send send send!

tee_pirategirl
I'm glad you don't hate jack sparrow....and liz BETTER be unhappy after what she's gona do! that little....(by the by DO NOT think I like liz cause of my siffi cause sailorleo made this for me back when we thought liz/jack was gonna happen and she's made it so nicely that I just CAN'T take it down but...down with liz...)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.