Resident Evil vs Silent Hill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zslick
I just saw silent hill yesterday personally i still think resident evil is better than silent hill movie but thats my opinion i want to what others think about the two movies. Plus the graphic in silent hill were a little off!

LÉONpro2007
Silent Hill, easy.

jr_ph

AstroFan
Silent Hill, by far.

Neither is a great movie, but one is still clearly better than the other.

RE is so far from the game they should change the name. Silent Hill was the most faithful game movie so far, and had a great visual style, and some very disturbing moments.

LÉONpro2007
and it has Pyramid Head. in_love

LÉONpro2007
S.Hill also has better acting than R.Evil.

the 2nd R.Evil was like a Tomb Raider spoof no expression....

gay.

Gregory
Silent Hill is by no means the next Casablanca, but Resident Evil makes it look that way.

Seriously, Silent Hill rocked. Not brillaint; I don't think any one could claim it was brillaint. But it certainly didn't deserve all the critical flack it got, and compared to Resident Evil? Well, there's just no contest.

rampantFire231
i thought silent hill might have been TOO faithful to the game, hell even the monsters looked like game characters ie low quality

AstroFan
I thought the creatures looked great, especially Pyramid Head.

LiL nAstY GirL
I'm gonna be the one who disagrees and says Resident Evil.

Solo
Resident Evil is bad. Silent Hill is terrible.

AstroFan
Why the hell isnt this a poll? roll eyes (sarcastic)

LÉONpro2007
Originally posted by Solo
Resident Evil is bad. Silent Hill is terrible.
PYRAMID HEAD STILL COOL!!! pissed cry

The part that made me sick(i was eating), but made me fall for Him

Impediment
Resident Evil, IMO, was an okay film. Taken with a grain of salt, the movie was, in a sense, faithful to the premise of the game. The only thing that bothered the shit out of me was that is was too sci-fi oriented and not enough violence and gore horrorish. Silent Hill was violent and gory, but it just didn't have the presence of the game. I say RE.

Kayne Archeron
Silent Hill makes Resident Evil look like My Little Pony XD

AstroFan
laughing out loud

LÉONpro2007
The good thing about Silent Hill and Resident Evil is that they are kick ass games....

But with Silent Hill, at least you are given (so far) one terrible movie, instead of a series of them.

the acting still better in Silent Hill, i say. No Tomb Raider shit, no P.M.S'n females who cant act (not referring to Milla, i love her). and no "Okay im going to see the NEWEST edition of the stupid movie."

zslick
thank you lil nasty girl and thank you imp res is best but also yes silent hill was more like the game but it felt like i was watching it and you can tell its so fake the graphics.

ps did anyone notice the husband in silent hill was the main bad guys in resident evil 2?

pss the main reason i didnt put as a toll cuz i dont know how!!

Strangelove
I didn't think Silent Hill was scary at all, I laughed my ass off, actually. But that might have been watching it on DVD with my friends.

I like the Resident Evil story better, and I'm actually somewhat familiar with the game, which is not the case with Silent Hill

LÉONpro2007
I think a lot of people will like RE more... its praised and recognized more.

Strangelove

LÉONpro2007
Originally posted by Strangelove
Not really praised :/

RE is more recognizable because it came close to the beginning of the crappy horror movies. Silent Hill is just another one in the series, so it will never get much notice
i meant praise by the games, bcuz people wig out over it.

I agree, too^

Kayne Archeron

LÉONpro2007
Me too, jr_ph

wickedph

zslick
I like the resident evil characters better cuz there mutated creatures compared to the silent hill there more evil creatures like but i got to admit the big triangle head guy would be challenge to one the resident evil creatures!

LÉONpro2007
shivers *heh*

Dusty
I'm really late on this. But horror forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.