Did you guys knew????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mistypirate
That they got the name of William Turner from a famous ornithologist/botanist bird watcher. coincidence? humm sparrow-swann confused

PirateDiva
hmmmmm thats very interesting!!

mmoviejunkie
yeah i've heard that...but i had forgotten about it
that is very interesting
how can they have something like this and ignore jack/liz??

Mistypirate
Yea I know that is interesting. I did a google search of the name, and that was what I found, It also said that he dedicated a lot of his books to Queen Elizabeth the 1.

mmoviejunkie
wow, interesting

Mistypirate
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
yeah i've heard that...but i had forgotten about it
that is very interesting
how can they have something like this and ignore jack/liz??

They can't just ignore this, it is so obvious. They obviously had the characters of J/L in mind when they wrote the 1st pirates. I'm thinking that when Will dies he is going to watch over J/L and make sure they are alright. It's a stupid theory, but hey It could work.

mmoviejunkie
lol, that'd be cute

stormlover
wow

Mistypirate
Wow!! check this out, it says tht he became a priest, he was always looking in to the spiritual side of things.

mmoviejunkie
but that has no connection to this will...or does it and i'm not seeing it?

Mistypirate
Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
but that has no connection to this will...or does it and i'm not seeing it?

Yes about Will's immortality, if it does happen, If Will stabs the heart. I remember reading a post by lovely she talked about wills immortality and the spirutual aspect of it. Oh and he becoming some sort of a god if he stabs the heart.

PirateDiva
Hey this is all very interesting!!

Mistypirate
Oh and i remember reading somewhere that Ted or Terry were going to do a chess game and they were gonna make Will the bishop confused

mmoviejunkie
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Yes about Will's immortality, if it does happen, If Will stabs the heart. I remember reading a post by lovely she talked about wills immortality and the spirutual aspect of it. Oh and he becoming some sort of a god if he stabs the heart.

oh okay i see

mmoviejunkie
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Oh and i remember reading somewhere that Ted or Terry were going to do a chess game and they were gonna make Will the bishop confused

haha thats funny, and liz 'n jack are queen 'n king

ivebeendepped43
oh, wow thats interesting! hey! i have an idea! lets NOT talk about bloody stupid Will!

willofthewisp
Wikipedia says he's named that so they could keep the bird theme without going too over the top. There aren't too many other bird last names except Crane and Crow. I don't know. It may just be a subtle inside joke.
On the other hand, it's really interesting that here is a guy named for watching (never taking part in) birds, and Jack and Liz have blatant bird names. Maybe it's because they long for more freedom and it's just a character trait they share. Or maybe it hints Will will have to watch them be together and he's really, yet unknowingly been watching them fall in love.
Other than those references, are there any other significant bird references?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.