Kung FU Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jack of Blades
Wel i wanna see a Kungfu movie but im not such an expert in these movies.coud anybody please tell somegreat Kongfu Movies that woud be worth seein.And well meybe not very old

The Pict
Just kung fu? Watch anything by Jet Li, you'll be amazed.

Lyna303
erm yea...jet li's fearless is pretty good

The Pict
Fearless is amazing, I also recommend it.

Scottie
I would recommend:-

Unleashed (not so much kung fu but a great Jet Li movie)
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Hero
House of Flying Daggers
Seven Swords (story line wasn't great but visually its good)

Robtard
Five Deadly Venoms is a cult classic, filled with kick ass kung fu and a story line that only a lover of old king fu films could love. Also check out Master of The Flying Guillotine, that one is as funny (cheesy) as it is cool. But those are older films (still check them out though, esp. the former) and I saw you mentioned you wanted new ones Iron Monkey is a decent kung fu newer flick.

Strangelove
Kung Fu Hustle droolio

Robtard
Originally posted by Strangelove
Kung Fu Hustle droolio

Good film, but that is more kung fu-comedy than straight up flying snap kick to the face kung fu.

.........................................................................................................

Kiss of The Dragon is a good Jet Li film, I like it because it keeps the wire-kung fu to a minimum.

The Pict
Ong Bak

Strangelove
Originally posted by Robtard
Good film, but that is more kung fu-comedy than straight up flying snap kick to the face kung fu. I know stick out tongue

Council#13
Good film, but that is more kung fu-comedy than straight up flying snap kick to the face kung fu.

.........................................................................................................

Kiss of The Dragon is a good Jet Li film, I like it because it keeps the wire-kung fu to a minimum.

Yes, but the musicians.... own

Anyway, the Matrix yes no expression leftright

lordofwar
Once Upon a Time in China 1 & 2 and Last Hero in China
Fist of Legend
Drunken Master II
Iron Monkey
Tai Chi Master
Swordsman 2
Fong Sai Yuk 1 & 2
Kung Fu Cult Master
New Legend of Shaolin
Wing Chun
Drunken Master
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
Young Master
Project A
Prodigal Son
Eastern Condors
Police Story 1 2
Dragons Forever
The Victim
Warrior Two
Magnificent Butcher
36th Chamber of Shaolin
Legendary Weapons of China
Pedicab Driver

Recommendation:
Butterfly and Sword
New Dragon Inn
Fire Dragon
Moon Warriors
All Men are Brothers
Blade of Fury
Swordsman 3: The East is Red
In the Line of Duty 4
Tiger Cage 2
My Father is a Hero

Just about any movies made by Sammo Hung, Yuen Woo Ping and Lau Kar Leung are the best.

Tom Yum Goong is the best martial arts movie so far.

Trolt
As brutal as Tom Yum Goong is (I love movies where u feel the pain of the stunt actors), i prefer Once upon a time in China 2 just for the plot/politic views the movie had (its not just a mindless action movie)!!

I actually prefer Ong Bak to TYG , but the single camera take where he goes up the entire restaurant was like Hard-Boiled impressive.

Lee shao long
The best ever Gung fu movies of all time is indeed a long list but it must include as does my collection..
Enter the Dragon
Way of the Dragon
The Big Boss
Fist of Furry
36th Chamber of Shaolin
5 deadly venoms
Return of the 5 deadly venoms
7 Grand Masters
Drunken Master
Snake in the Eagles shadow
Snake in the Monkeys shadow
Iron Monkey (Chen Khan Tai 1977)
Iron Momkey (Donnie Yen 1993)
Shaolin Temple
Black Mask
Fearless
Prodigal son
The Silver fox 1 & 2 (hwang jang lee)
Shaolin Vs Llama
Once upon a time in China 1,2 &3
magnificent butcher
Fist of Legend
Snake & Crane arts of Shaolin
Young Master
Master Killer
Ong Bak
Kiss the dragon

There are many more great films by Shaw brothers, Golden harvest and most films with the fight/film director Woo ping yuen.

Face
My favourite is Wutang and Shoalin and Wutang vs Ninjas they are a must see

ADarksideJedi
Dragons Forever is an ok movie.Reather watch "Mortal Komet" to get some of that sort of action in them.Personally all the Kung Fu movies are almost all like and quite boring.jm

ragesRemorse
Tony jaa's the protector has probably the most impressive action sequence in any kung fu movie i have ever seen. There is one continuous shot action shot near the end that blew me away. The movie itself like most kung fu movies though is shit

I would also recommend the street fighter series and shoalin temple

Solo
Five Deadly Venoms is a cult classic, filled with kick ass kung fu and a story line that only a lover of old king fu films could love.
It's my favorite, and I've seen my share of kung fu.

Locard
wait

by Kung fu movies you mean ANY martial arts movies?

or are you looking specifically for Chinese martial arts (kung fu) movies?

If you want the second one, then look for anything from Jet Li and Bruce Lee and also Jackie Chan's earlier work( like armour of god 1 and 2)

"Ong Bak"

thats a Muay Thai movie

anything done by Tony Jaa is Muay thai, not Kung fu, all his movies are great though

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Legendary Thor
Wel i wanna see a Kungfu movie but im not such an expert in these movies.coud anybody please tell somegreat Kongfu Movies that woud be worth seein.And well meybe not very old watch "Twin Warriors" with Jet Li. old, from the early 90's I think, but it's his best work.

lordofwar
You should watch some of Lau Kar Leung's old school movies. These are some of the best martial arts of movies ever made.

36th Chamber of Shaolin
Heroes of the East
My Young Auntie
Legendary Weapons of China
8 Diagram Pole Fighter
Disciples of the 36th Chamber of Shaolin
Martial Arts of Shaolin ( one of Jet Li's best)

Bicnarok
ong bak, Enter the dragon (old but the best ever)

MildPossession
Also not a full on martial arts movie, but Sha Po Lang has two fantastic fight sequences towards the end, brutal too. It's called Kill Zone in America, awful name.

42ndStreetFreak
A few more:

"Dragon's Forever" (has plot faults and perhaps too much dodgy humourin the first half, but after that it's a stunning showcase for Jackie and his crew with a truly classic finale).

"Return of the One-Armed Swordsman" (much better than the original, this piles on the brutal and bloody action in true Chang Cheh/Shaw's style).

"New one-Armed Swordsman" (David Chiang takes over from Wang Yu but the results are still a stunningly executed bloodbath with nice support form the always welcome Ti Lung).

"Enter the Dragon" (just iconic splendour! Some great action - even with the rather weak finale die to Bruce going against a non-martial artist - great characters, some choice dialogue, wonderful music and a great Angela Mao cameo where she kicks all kinds of ass).

"Fist of Fury" (Perhaps the best of Brice's HK films with the fight in the scholl being a perfect example of why Lee was, and still is, unique).

"Tiger Cage 2" (modern action, but some outstanding leg work form Donnie Yen, a balls-out Samurai sword fight and the best Westerner in the business, Michael Woods, going one on one with Yen).

"Police Story" (Simply for the, then, fresh and jaw dropping stunts and fights. The finale is a thing of wonder).

"Invincible Pole Fighters" (great training sequences and some delightfully nasty pole fighting slap down where teeth arr smashed and ripped out with joyful abandon! Can't beat a bit of Gordon!)

"Hapkido" (some of the choices of the lead characters annoy - foolish people- but otherwise this is a stunning movie! A very young Sammo Hung steals the show with some amazing fight work but the lovely Angela Mao shines as well. On the action front this truly delivers.

"The Heroic Ones" Long, bloody, epic in scale and scope and brutally bleak. The sheer size of the sets and the amount of extras on show make this one of Chang Cheh's most ambitious films. The action is amaxing with the extended battle featuring Ti Lung taking on an entire citadel of men being the eye popping highlight!)

"The Chinese Boxer" (Wang Yu at the top of his game. It's fast moving, bloody and very well done).

"The One-Armed Boxer" (see above. Wang Yu does it again).

"Enter the Fat Dragon" (Wonderful homage with Sammu as a Bruce Lee freak who can pull off the moves despite his size...and as such takes the bad guys by surprise. Some great Sammo moments. Sadly it's hard to find nowadays)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.