Team MEDIOCRE goes through a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Introducing Team MEDIOCRE!

Cyclops (leader, strategist and projectile expert)
Thing (durable powerhouse)
Iron Man (all around fighter, technology expert)
Invisible Woman (energy manipulator)
Wonder Woman (skilled fighter)

They are fresh and energized for each fight. Both sides have 1 hour preptime. Fight takes place in NYC.

1. Captain America, Black Panther, and Luke Cage
2. Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Omega Red
3. Venom, Carnage, and Spiderman
4. Hulk
5. Super Skrull
5. Juggernaut
6. DOS Doomsday
7. Thor
8. Silver Surfer

Draco69
Iron Man, Invisible Woman and Wonder Woman are "mediocre"?

Mediocre suggest "B-List"

A better replacement would be:

Steel, Jade, Ms. Marvel

erm

masterbruce
yes they're mediocre

they're not in the upper echelon (ie superman, surfer, thor, etc)

H. S. 6
They'll probably stop at 8. If not, then 7.

I don't see them clearing it, however.

boriquaking55
They stop at Juggs unless it's current - I think he should be lower than DOS Doomsday (not his strongest incarnation)

Draco69
Originally posted by masterbruce
yes they're mediocre

they're not in the upper echelon (ie superman, surfer, thor, etc)

I sincerely disagree. Particularly for WW and Invisible Woman. And Tony with his recent upgrade.

Again, mediocre is like "C" or "not bad" or "average"

Steel is average.

Jade is average

Ms. Marvel is average.

A man who can connect with any technology in the world and stalemate the likes of Silver Surfer is not average.

A woman who regularly battles gods, channels the omnipotence of the Godwave, has a plot-device to end all plot-device weapon, and move tectonic plates is not average.

A woman who can blow a hole through Galactus and defeat nearly any opponent with a forcebubble in the brain is not average.

These guys are A-list....

erm

Thing and Cyclops are average however....

Anywho, they make it to 8. WW is bogged down by her slow as hell teammates...

EDIT: Never mind, didn't read they have prep. They clear the gauntlet easily.

masterbruce
hmmm I guess Im not very up to date on these characters

I always saw iron man and invisible woman more as a support characters

and wonder woman seemed to be a step below superman

Validus
Originally posted by Draco69
I sincerely disagree. Particularly for WW and Invisible Woman. And Tony with his recent upgrade.

Again, mediocre is like "C" or "not bad" or "average"

Steel is average.

Jade is average

Ms. Marvel is average.

A man who can connect with any technology in the world and stalemate the likes of Silver Surfer is not average.

A woman who regularly battles gods, channels the omnipotence of the Godwave, has a plot-device to end all plot-device weapon, and move tectonic plates is not average.

A woman who can blow a hole through Galactus and defeat nearly any opponent with a forcebubble in the brain is not average.

These guys are A-list....

erm

Thing and Cyclops are average however....

Anywho, they make it to 8. WW is bogged down by her slow as hell teammates...

EDIT: Never mind, didn't read they have prep. They clear the gauntlet easily.
How is Jade average? She's more powerful than either of the 3 you're arguing.

Dinalfos
What kind of "mediocre" are we talking about anyway?

Draco69
Originally posted by Validus
How is Jade average? She's more powerful than either of the 3 you're arguing.

Because....eh she was the only one I could think of who was "Sue-like"....

Your bad opinion of Jade and the Outsiders kinda ruined my perception of her...

stick out tongue

Validus
As a character, she WISHES she was good enough to be considered mediocre. She's still powerful though when not being a moron.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
As a character, she WISHES she was good enough to be considered mediocre. She's still powerful though when not being a moron.

YOU wish you were mediocre. ermm

bigbran
They won't pass. Probably stop at Doomsday.

magneto1992
The only mediocre here is the Thing,
Cyclops has defeated Mr. Sinister who had manage to manipulate many other heroes and able to desintagrated many heroes fully with his vision.
Wonder Woman is The #3 in strenght in heroes of DC (not villians), adove is Captain Marvel and then Superman, has a lot of H2H and so on.
And I don't even had to say anithing about Sue or Tonny

SpunkySmurph

They are fresh and energized for each fight. Both sides have 1 hour preptime. Fight takes place in NYC.

4. Hulk
5. Super Skrull
5. Juggernaut
6. DOS Doomsday
7. Thor
8. Silver Surfer

This is mediocre????????
WONDER WOMAN is mediocre????

A better lineup would be...

Jubilee
Molly Hayes
War Machine (?)
Xavin (though he could be waaaaaay more powerful)
Ms. Marvel

Metalmanx

4. Hulk
5. Super Skrull
5. Juggernaut
6. DOS Doomsday
7. Thor
8. Silver Surfer

Current or Classic Juggernaut?

DickBlazer
they could get to 8

Scoobless
I don't see them beating Doomsday

ExtraMision5555

By all means, Thing is the only potentially "Mediocre" person on this list - and even thats debateable. Not even cyclops is mediocre, esp considering the potential of his recent upgrades.

This list (with the excpetion of Iron Man} is more along the lines of Underrated, or under-appreciated

but definately not medicore.

Croc=mediocre

rotiart
Does anyone realize that emma mentioned to cyclops that he had a mental block probably due to the trauma of when he was a child, that restrains his power?

In a recent xmen comic. I think issue 190, cyclops was blasting bishop, which in turn released the energy against a sentinel. The sentinel said that it should have been able to stand up to 7 seconds of cyclops full blast before being damaged... but this mentally controlled cyclops blasted off the robots body part with one blast...

I'd say xmen are opening up the doors on making cyclops a more powerful character...

that and the end of the other recent xmen comic where it appears that cyclops is standing there, not wearing his visor, and isn't going crazy with his blasts. (he mentions something about not having claws. i forget the issue i have it at home)

magneto1992
Cyclops : Desintagrate people
Wonder Woman: Kill most of all of the Alpha level and some omega
Sue, do even Had to say something
Ironman can control any tech, high level scientists, can make increible upgrades.
Thing, battle hulk?
4 of them are in A-list, one in C-list.

rotiart
Cyclops (leader, strategist and projectile expert) The guys been shown to shoot the center out of a penny before, and various other feats... add to that his recent possible "upgrade"... There's a reason cyclops is the leader of the xmen...
Iron Man (all around fighter, technology expert) He had hack into just about anything in the world... has a healing factor.. is very strong.. and is arguably the 2nd or 3rd strongest member of the every avengers roster he's been on.
Invisible Woman (energy manipulator) Stated by Reed Richards as the strongest member of FF4. A team that battles cosmic threats. Her shields held back a full on blast by a Thor Clone
Wonder Woman (skilled fighter) She's like superman lite...

The thing is probably the "weakest" member of the team, and that doesn't mean squat. They clear the list.

UniOmni
I don't see them passing Surfer........

Cyke and Thing are useless against Surfer.

Tony has had some decent showings, but Surfer is clearly much more powerful.

Diana is the best weapon to use against him, but she's outpowered, speeded and not nearly as durable.

I don't see them passing.

Stupid Rookie
They can't pass. I think they stop at 6 or 7. If they manage to get to SS they get fried. as UniOmni said, they Cycs blasts are nothing to him, he can take shots from thing all day. WW doesn't have enough diversity, Tony is just not powerful enough (even with upgrades) and IW would be hard pressed to stop a full on surfer attack. Even is she survives for a little while, the planet would be destroyed.

Validus
Originally posted by rotiart
Does anyone realize that emma mentioned to cyclops that he had a mental block probably due to the trauma of when he was a child, that restrains his power?

In a recent xmen comic. I think issue 190, cyclops was blasting bishop, which in turn released the energy against a sentinel. The sentinel said that it should have been able to stand up to 7 seconds of cyclops full blast before being damaged... but this mentally controlled cyclops blasted off the robots body part with one blast...

I'd say xmen are opening up the doors on making cyclops a more powerful character...

that and the end of the other recent xmen comic where it appears that cyclops is standing there, not wearing his visor, and isn't going crazy with his blasts. (he mentions something about not having claws. i forget the issue i have it at home)
Cyclops - the latest Omega level mutant. stick out tongue

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
WW doesn't have enough diversity,

She lacks the ethnic versatility to win now?

stick out tongue

Scoobless
Still don't see them beating Doomsday

no expression

Draco69
Guys, remember they have prep....

Tony, Sue and Diana can do alot with prep. I think they clear it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.