EA Sports and XBL Marketplace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AstroFan
Today EA release the first of what are planned to be continuous updates for EA Sports titles on XBL Marketplace. The content includes Madden strategy videos for 160 points($1.75) and two classic stadiums for 300 points($3.75). Future content includes uniforms for Madden and NCAA, plus courses and gear for Tiger Woods, and more.

Now who else believes this bullshit?

EA Sports games sell for atleast $10 more than their current gen versions, and every single title has been rated worse and missing numerous features on 360. And now on top of the extra cost at purchase, now we have to pay for things that have been included in games all along(including this year on current gen).

I have loved the marketplace since the 360 launched, but this is complete bullshit. If you download 3 staduims it raises your game price to over $70. And Tiger is shipping with 12 courses, the current gen had something like 19 last year, and probably double the gear. (atleast the strategy videos explain why EA Sports prints bare instruction manuals now. roll eyes (sarcastic) )

What are some of yalls thoughts on this?

PVS
they pulled this same shit with chromehounds (not EA)
the first update was free, and as for the second, all it was was a
few crappy weapons which they charged for INDIVIDUALLY. but they get away with this shit.

i dont mind paying a little ($5-10) for a well put together expansion pack, but this is robbery.

AstroFan
I rented NBA 2k7 yesterday, and it contains all the features and jerseys of the current gen version.

And the highlight maker they are planning to release on XBL(for a price) actually sounds really cool.

It seems like there is an obvious right way and wrong way to do online content, and what EA is doing doesnt sound like the right one.

BackFire
It's shitty, but to be fair EA isn't the only one doing it. Bethesda did similar things with Oblivion, releasing crap on Marketplace that needed to be paid for, most of the stuff probably should have been in the game at launch. Ghost Recon too, releasing crap later that was probably scrapped from the game to meet launch deadline.

It's a trend and it's only going to get worse. The simple thing to do would simply be not support it. You don't really need any of the stuff they're releasing at an extra price, so don't buy it.

Smasandian
I agree with Backfire.

I'm glad most PC games have been tainted with this.

AstroFan
One thing about games like Madden, they want us to shell out 60 more in a year, but it will be a long time before the next GRAW or Oblivion.

So its understandable to want to add to those games to keep them fresh.

H. S. 6
Ya know, I was reading some numbers over at another site (I'll see if I can find them), and this guy was basically saying that video games are less expensive than a number of other mediums of entertainment that people from the ages of 10 or 12 to anywhere from their 20's or 30's partake in (at the forefront of these was going to a movie). He actually made a pretty good point.

What can you say, really? The industry's expanding; this should be expected. Takes money to have fun, I guess...

AstroFan
OH MY GOD!!! HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162533.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

EA giving something away for free? blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.