Kid Devil vs. Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Spiderman (Classic):

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/250px-Spider-man.jpg

vs.

Kid Devil

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/DC/220px-5436_400x600.jpg

Battle takes place in an abandoned NYC.
They start seven blocks from each other.

Who wins? Why?

SpunkySmurph
So... any opinions?

NiņoAraņa
don't know much about Kid Devil

Faceman
Anyone have some stats, on the kid???????

The Pict
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Devil

Just the usual Wikipedia ones.

King_Mungi
Kid Devil seems to have more abilities he is letting on, and an unreavled level of healing factor. I give it to Spider-Man due to speed and experience from what we know thus far of Kid Devil

lando005
i'ld go with spiderman the kind just doenst bring anything new to the table that ol web head cant deal with

Faceman
Spidy, IMO.

brainchild81
Originally posted by lando005
i'ld go with spiderman the kind just doenst bring anything new to the table that ol web head cant deal with

Draco69
Kid Devil has been around for what? Three issues. He has alot more powers...it just hasn't been revealed yet.

We should put this thread on hold until he actually does something besides be a human cigarette lighter....

lando005
Originally posted by Draco69
Kid Devil has been around for what? Three issues. He has alot more powers...it just hasn't been revealed yet.

We should put this thread on hold until he actually does something besides be a human cigarette lighter.... more power wouldnt mean too much without the experiance to back it up

Draco69
more power wouldnt mean too much without the experiance to back it up

If Kid Devil turns out to have the power to summon Trigon hellfire from the depths of Hell and suck souls out of people, than all the Spidey-experience in the world wouldn't save his ass....

Kid Devil has a connection to Trigon. Trigon usually means something uber-powerful....

lando005
If Kid Devil turns out to have the power to summon Trigon hellfire from the depths of Hell and suck souls out of people, than all the Spidey-experience in the world wouldn't save his ass....

Kid Devil has a connection to Trigon. Trigon usually means something uber-powerful.... here we go again with the more power equals automatic win talk hell what dc cahracters arent uber in one way or another

grey fox
here we go again with the more power equals automatic win talk hell what dc cahracters arent uber in one way or another

..um yeah . More power usually DOES equal the win, Especially when said power comes from Trigon who's pretty much DC's Mephisto

lando005
Originally posted by grey fox
..um yeah . More power usually DOES equal the win, Especially when said power comes from Trigon who's pretty much DC's Mephisto it just seems to be dc running gig their home of the "uber powerful never get defeated" characters

brainchild81
I agree. Seems like they've always thought more power = more cool. They powered Aquaman up something fierce instead of just making him cool like he is on the JLU show. They take mofos w/too much power as it is like Supes and guess what they do? They give him T-Vo! Another f**kin' power. But that's for another thread. This Kid Devil character looks to be alot cooler than Blue Devil, but that's not saying much because Blue Devil is lame as hell(these 2 have some lame ass origins). Draco's right though. We haven't seen the full scope of KD's powers. So far he looks like a guy Spidey could beat, but that may not be the case.

hank_mccoy
so no one here knows anything about him, never saw him in a fight, but you decide that spider-man should take him?

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by hank_mccoy
so no one here knows anything about him, never saw him in a fight, but you decide that spider-man should take him?

Exactly, he's in-experienced so they can't decide, Spidey wins by experience.

Juntai
I actually think Blue Devil is cool.

He went blow for blow with Neron when noone else could.

lando005
so no one here knows anything about him, never saw him in a fight, but you decide that spider-man should take him? i've read the wiki profile provided from what i gather he's too inexperianced to fight with an A-lister like spidy

hank_mccoy
i've read the wiki profile provided from what i gather he's too inexperianced to fight with an A-lister like spidy

but you never saw him in a fight, you don't even know how the hell he fights, how well can he control his fire? how well can he use his strength or speed? IMO you have to see the character in a fight first , enhanced strength and speed is nothing special if you don't have any fighting skills , but his fire breathing can be interesting, we don't know how well he can use it, hell look at pyro ... fire its all he has... but look how dangerous he is with it , so my point is that you have to see him in a fight first to decide , but i guess if you want to speculate then thats fine by me

lando005
but you never saw him in a fight, you don't even know how the hell he fights, how well can he control his fire? how well can he use his strength or speed? IMO you have to see the character in a fight first , enhanced strength and speed is nothing special if you don't have any fighting skills , but his fire breathing can be interesting, we don't know how well he can use it, hell look at pyro ... fire its all he has... but look how dangerous he is with it , so my point is that you have to see him in a fight first to decide , but i guess if you want to speculate then thats fine by me eaven if he could contrl his powers well it still wouldnt mean much when your opponent is faster stronger more resourceful etc.... spiderman is a highly versital character with vast experiance if this fight would have taked place at the beginning of his career it would be a better fight but right now the kid's not at a level to threaten him your saya this rooky has good control so let's put him up a gainst a multiyeared seasoned vet pro come on that's just unfair

hank_mccoy
does it really matter that he is not a vet? spider-man has his speed and strength but how good is that if you are just going to be toasted? as i said before you don't know the levels he can reach with his flames or how fast he can use that fire, heck he can burn the crap out of an entire city for all that i know, because we know nothing , he can breath fire with enough force to wipe down half city we don't really know that

you cant say spider-man moves faster then his fire , look even what cyclops can do with his optic blasts, cyclops has athletic feats but look how bad ass he is , as i said before until we will See how well can he use his powers IMO its pointless to say spider-man will take him

hank_mccoy
and by the way he has a healing factor which enables him to heal 10 times faster then a human

lando005
does it really matter that he is not a vet? spider-man has his speed and strength but how good is that if you are just going to be toasted? as i said before you don't know the levels he can reach with his flames or how fast he can use that fire, heck he can burn the crap out of an entire city for all that i know, because we know nothing , he can breath fire with enough force to wipe down half city we don't really know that

you cant say spider-man moves faster then his fire , look even what cyclops can do with his optic blasts, cyclops has athletic feats but look how bad ass he is , as i said before until we will See how well can he use his powers IMO its pointless to say spider-man will take him
we use the level he is at now to make out desision we just cant say hey let's wait for this guy to become more powerful to vote on this fight we have to use what we got at out disposal and right NOW he's not a threat we cant say what will happen 30 years down the line cause we're not at that point yet he's been around from what i gather alteast before IC and he's been seen in action after OYL that's enough to make a fairly accurate guess

hank_mccoy
we use the level he is at now

we have to use what we got at out disposal and right NOW he's not a threat

how do you know what are his powers right now? did he show them already? you stated yourself that you decide by this bio in wikipedia, wikipedia doesn't state how well and dangerous he can fight it just states his abilities thats all , listen there isn't really a point to debate here because there is nothing to debate with , he did NOT show his powers yet and thats why you just CANT say what he has NOW

lando005
how do you know what are his powers right now? did he show them already? you stated yourself that you decide by this bio in wikipedia, wikipedia doesn't state how well and dangerous he can fight it just states his abilities thats all , listen there isn't really a point to debate here because there is nothing to debate with , he did NOT show his powers yet and thats why you just CANT say what he has NOW
and who's to say he even has more power to show in the first place for all we know what we see is what we get that's why we have to go off what we know now

hank_mccoy
and who's to say he even has more power to show in the first place for all we know what we see is what we get that's why we have to go off what we know now

what we see is what we get? and what do we see? a bio that say he can breath fire has enhanced speed and strength and has healing factor 10 times faster then human? again i will ask you what DO we see? is that so hard for people to understand that you cant tell what he can do until he actually does something???

hell if i post it that way then cyclops can shoot optic blasts thats it confused , just optic blasts... if you read that you might think he is good for nothing, pyro can control fire but has the abilities of a regular man... if i read this i say he is not a big deal

is that to hard to understand that you don't even have a base to begin with?

lando005
what we see is what we get? and what do we see? a bio that say he can breath fire has enhanced speed and strength and has healing factor 10 times faster then human? again i will ask you what DO we see? is that so hard for people to understand that you cant tell what he can do until he actually does something???

hell if i post it that way then cyclops can shoot optic blasts thats it confused , just optic blasts... if you read that you might think he is good for nothing, pyro can control fire but has the abilities of a regular man... if i read this i say he is not a big deal

is that to hard to understand that you don't even have a base to begin with? look i'm not totally unreasonable i understand where your comeing from but i'm not going to place my bets on the hope that he will become more powerful and that profile listed more than just powers and abilites he has a history a breif one but a history none the less it's noted that he's a skilled inventor for his age also he served as a sidekick to blue devil and was a member of the teen titans so that should give us a rough idea of the kid if i knew nothing of cyclops but the fact that he was an xman and i knew the fact that the xmen were an a list team then i know that there's more to meets the eye he's good enough to make the roster but spidy is in a whole nother league

hank_mccoy
well then thats your opinion fine , i just stated why i think that we cant tell who is going to take it, but i wont tell you what to think man , i understand your side and that is reasonable point

UniOmni
I think Blue Devil and the whole of the ShadowPact is somewhat underrated as well, Jun.

And i think Kid Devil could be cool, if they gave him some magics and stuff, to go with the Devil part.

But i haven't seen anything from him to tell me he can beat Ultimate Spiderman, much less 616 Spidey.

King_Mungi

We should put this thread on hold until he actually does something besides be a human cigarette lighter....

Exactally, but Kid Devil appeared in more than three issues when he donned that horrible armor

lando005
how does anybody know for a fact that he has more powers to be revealed? who's to say this isnt his max limit?

Devil Lance
how does anybody know for a fact that he has more powers to be revealed? who's to say this isnt his max limit?
cause he's only had these powers for five issues roll eyes (sarcastic)
and he hasn't really used them that much

So far it seems like he has fire breath, enhanced strength and durability (it took plasmus a while to burn him) the ability to fly/glide , and a healing factor.
But we don't know how powerfull his abilities are at this point and time

However from what I've seen from him I'd say spidey would win 6-7/10.

However if Eddie can fly and not just glide shotr distances he may have a better chance of winning.

guy222
bumprav

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.