Question??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shannstar79
Hey guys,
I have a question: when Jack was in Cannible Island, How in the world did he understand their language: he spoke it, and gave orders with it, and they followed the orders given: so Jack just knew their language?? I am sure he wasent just making it up as he went along because they seemed to understand what he was saying?

Just wondering smile

sccch
I think he's been there before.

shannstar79
you think?
maybe thats what he was talking about in POTC 1 while talking to Murtogg and Mullroy when he said "and then they made me their Cheif?"
just before Liz falls off the fort into the water??

sccch
yes

shannstar79
got cha
interesting roll eyes (sarcastic)

katelovespirate
yeah i def. think he's been there before. from the line in 1. plus if he's got past ties to Tia, that is relatively close to the cannibals, so perhaps she helped him escape the 1st time around, and thats how they got to know each other.

however, if jack HAD been there before, and knew they were cannibals, do you think he would really land his ship there? even with the kraken after him? ya know?

i also think that is just part of the wonderful mystery of jack... he happens to know obscure local dialects. that's hott.

shannstar79
Originally posted by katelovespirate
yeah i def. think he's been there before. from the line in 1. plus if he's got past ties to Tia, that is relatively close to the cannibals, so perhaps she helped him escape the 1st time around, and thats how they got to know each other.

however, if jack HAD been there before, and knew they were cannibals, do you think he would really land his ship there? even with the kraken after him? ya know?

i also think that is just part of the wonderful mystery of jack... he happens to know obscure local dialects. that's hott.

Thats what I thought : If he had been there b4 Why on earth would he land his ship there agin smile
and your right : its VERY HOTT

sccch
Because he was desperate OR he could of forgotten that was the island.

willofthewisp
Wow, I guess I'm stupid, lol. I thought he was just making up words and the cannibals understood a little bit of it but mostly from his body language. Your guys' theory makes more sense. blink

bat14
jack isn't even affrait of the dead. so why shouldn't he retrn to the island ?

shannstar79
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Wow, I guess I'm stupid, lol. I thought he was just making up words and the cannibals understood a little bit of it but mostly from his body language. Your guys' theory makes more sense. blink

your not stupid smile
your very smart!!
I thought he was just making up word too untill I remembered the line from the first movie and the Natives seemed to understand him quite well and he understood them as well, when the crew escaped and the native kid ran up and said someting jack says " WELL GO ON, GO GET THEM"
and all the natives ran off
so he understands their language too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.