How long would it take for these teams to take out Mordor and Sauron?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jffxex1980
Alright, these following teams are the flagship of Marvel. Can they take out the army of mordor whose numbers are staggering (I believe in the hundred thousands. In the movie, it was only a fraction of his army) and Sauron in his true form? No prep time. The following teams are:

X-Men Roster:
1. Juggernaut
2. Colossus
3. Rogue
4. Storm
5. Jean Grey (NO PF force BUT with TK and TP at full force)
6. Xavier
7. Joseph
8. Iceman
9. Polaris
10. Havok
11. Emma
12. Cyclops
13. Nate Grey
14. Wolverine
15. Psylocke

Avengers Roster:
1. Captain America
2. Thor
3. Hulk
4. Warbird
5. Firestar
6. Vision
7. Scarlett Witch (pre House of M Wanda. Basic improbability manipulation)
8. Sersi
9. Pym
10. Iron Man

Fantastic Four Roster:
1. Reed
2. Johnny
3. Sue
4. Ben
5. Crystal
6. She hulk

golem370
Juggernaut,Havok & Savage Hulk could do it in 5 days.

Inhuman
Only a few of those heros are needed.
It would be a massacare. Dead orcs everywere.

invisiblewoman
Originally posted by Inhuman
Only a few of those heros are needed.
It would be a massacare. Dead orcs everywere.

AGREED WOULDN'T EVEN NEED 1/3 OF THOSE HEROES ORCS ARE DUMB.

jffxex1980
Witch kings are involved in this fight and Sauron in his true self and full power. Orcs and Urak Khans are what his army his comprised of. Their number is staggering. Even with all the heavy hitters taking out the first wave of orcs, most will get through. Long range attacks will pick off as many as they can and shielders will hold them off until cavalry arrives. TP's can coordinate their attacks. As much as I love marvel to death, I don't know if they can pull this off IF sauron takes out the heavy hitters first.

thedude1948
Nate Grey, Sersi, and possibly Thor could do it on their own.

nimbus006
Dam as big a fan of LOTR as I am, I have to admit this is overkill.

However, remember they have to contend not only with 200,000 orcs w/ long range projectiles such as arrows and catapults, but thousands of Haradrim and Easterlings on Giant Oliphaunts, hundreds of trolls and half trolls (troll-men), 9 Nazgul including the Witch King, and a Physical form of Sauron (which is nasty).

You want to know a team that could do it, but might struggle, here you go:

1. Wolverine ( w/ his sword from Wolverine Origins)
2. Bishop
3. Havoc
4. Gambit
5. Cyclops
6. Iceman
7. Beast ( w/ some sort of weapon such as axe)
8. Kitty
9. Storm
10. Captain America ( with shield and sword)
11. Spiderman
12. Hawkeye
13. Wasp
14. Goliath
15. Falcon
16. Hank Pym
17. Daredevil
18. Black Panther (Vibranium armor and sword from vampire issue)
19. Nightcrawler (with fencing swords)
20. Colussus
21. Iron Man
22. Human Torch
23. Thing
24. Sue Storm
25. Reed

plus 10,000 soldiers form Gondor as distraction.

I think this team could pull it off with some planning , but it would be a hell of a fight.

Jesse7
Illuvatar is the god of that realm, such as the valar and Maiar, etc.

Then next would be te valar which would be the equivilant of Michael or Lucifer or DC, as in they are direct embodiments of Illuvitar and are limitless as he is.

Below them would be the Maiar, these would be the multi abstracts, Sauron in LOTR WAS drastically weakened from his original self, just as Melkor in the end was but a shadow of his former self.

Maiars are not allowed to interfer with human affaris, it is part of why Sarumen lost most if not all his powers when he became evil.

Sauron at full power is beyond al of these heroes.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Jesse7
Illuvatar is the god of that realm, such as the valar and Maiar, etc.

Then next would be te valar which would be the equivilant of Michael or Lucifer or DC, as in they are direct embodiments of Illuvitar and are limitless as he is.

Below them would be the Maiar, these would be the multi abstracts, Sauron in LOTR WAS drastically weakened from his original self, just as Melkor in the end was but a shadow of his former self.

Maiars are not allowed to interfer with human affaris, it is part of why Sarumen lost most if not all his powers when he became evil.

Sauron at full power is beyond al of these heroes.

The only problem with your argument concerning the original thread starters team is Thor. Thor could arguably take down Sauron himself. Coupled with the likes of Hulk, Jugggernaut, and Iron Man Sauron is more often that not going down.

jffxex1980
Just concerned how well they can scale it if Sauron takes out the heavy hitters first. Without the frontline infantries, that just leaves us beamers, TP's, and flyers. Sheilders will be too busy holding the shield together. Here's my running scenario of how it's going to play out.

Archers and ballistas fire off the first volley of projectiles and arrows. Instinctively, shielders and TK's form a unified, fortified forcefield, deflecting thousands of arrows as the first wave of orcs, trolls and everything else rush in, only to be met by frontline infantry (heavy hitters). At the same time, long range attackers (TP's and beamers) pick off as many as they can, helping and lessening the amount of Orcs getting through. Flyers concentrate their fire power on nazgul and wyverns and offer some offensive measure down below, raining down lightning bolts and energy beams. Telepaths form a telepathic gestalt, pooling their TP might into one, coordinating the heroes attacks by reacting on their instinct rather than commands. In addition, TP's can hold off as many orcs that get through by turning their brains into mush. Captain America and Reed can strategize. Wanda can then protect them from magical assaults.

It's worth a try.

nimbus006
Im telling you now that first team is way too powerful remember that alot of those guys have incredible stamina and durability such as Thor, Juggernaut, Hulk, Thing Colussus, therefore they can keep fighting for as long as they need to while the others rest. I know there are alot in Mordor's army, but half of that field could probably be taken out in a matter of minutes by Optic blast Cylops, Freeze Blasts from Iceman, Telepathic assaults from Xavier, Nate, Jean, and Psylocke, Energy blasts from Gambit and Ironman, lighting chain strikes from Thor and Storm etc... you get the point.

jffxex1980
They still have the Nazguls to deal with and Sauron in his true form.

nimbus006
Sauron is still vulnerable to physical attack. A couple shots from Mjolinir and Sauron is out. The Nazgul will be given hell by Torch and Firestar considering they don't like Fire.

nimbus006
Sorry for double post...

Alfheim
Originally posted by jffxex1980
Alright, these following teams are the flagship of Marvel. Can they take out the army of mordor whose numbers are staggering (I believe in the hundred thousands. In the movie, it was only a fraction of his army) and Sauron in his true form? No prep time. The following teams are:

X-Men Roster:
1. Juggernaut
2. Colossus
3. Rogue
4. Storm
6. Xavier
7. Joseph
8. Iceman
9. Polaris
10. Havok
11. Emma
12. Cyclops
13. Nate Grey
14. Wolverine
15. Psylocke

Avengers Roster:
1. Captain America
2. Thor
3. Hulk
4. Warbird
5. Firestar
6. Vision
8. Sersi
9. Pym
10. Iron Man

Fantastic Four Roster:
1. Reed
2. Johnny
3. Sue
4. Ben
5. Crystal
6. She hulk

Yup they could do it.

Dinalfos
A group of normal (if well trained) humans defeated thousands of orcs. Now how could a group of super humans, some of which have GREAT power, possibly do worse?

It must be said, though, that Saruman and Sauron put Darkseid to shame when it comes to jobbing.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by jffxex1980

X-Men Roster:
1. Juggernaut
2. Colossus
3. Rogue
4. Storm
6. Xavier
7. Joseph
8. Iceman
9. Polaris
10. Havok
11. Emma
12. Cyclops
13. Nate Grey
14. Wolverine
15. Psylocke

Avengers Roster:
1. Captain America
2. Thor
3. Hulk
4. Warbird
5. Firestar
6. Vision
8. Sersi
9. Pym
10. Iron Man

Fantastic Four Roster:
1. Reed
2. Johnny
3. Sue
4. Ben
5. Crystal
6. She hulk

Yeah, the first team is extreme overkill. If havok went all out ther would ALOT of decapitated orcs, and current cyc? them together is like 3/4th's of the orcs, and then they have Juggs, colossus, Nate Grey, etc..

nimbus006
What do you mean a group of normal humans? They would of been destroyed if Aragorn had not arrived with help from the dead. Now i know the movie exagerated that a little bit, but it was the key to thier victory.

I agree that Sauron is a huge Jobber, Saruman not so much.

nimbus006
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Yeah, the first team is extreme overkill. If havok went all out ther would ALOT of decapitated orcs, and current cyc? them together is like 3/4th's of the orcs, and then they have Juggs, colossus, Nate Grey, etc..

No Cyke and Havoc could not take out 150,000 orcs by themselves. They just dont have that kind of range. Plus, they can't keep up that type of energy output for so long. However i agree that this team togther is overkill and would probably crush Mordor's army.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by nimbus006
No Cyke and Havoc could not take out 150,000 orcs by themselves. They just dont have that kind of range. Plus, they can't keep up that type of energy output for so long. However i agree that this team togther is overkill and would probably crush Mordor's army.

Cyke? he can unleash incredible output As well as havok. Havok can stand amongst hundreds and hundreds of orcs radiating the energy he has soaked up, resulting in the combustion of thousands of orcs (eventually)

Ok, but yea, 150k is a stretch.
but together it hink they could get in the 50k range

starlock
i say 3 days

nimbus006
You have to understand the size of the number 50,000 before you say they can pull of such a feat. 50,000 orcs would take up a range of about 100 football fields full. You think those two have the range to be able to hit that many with one blast. I say they can take out 2,000 if that with a full out blast. So after like 4 or 5 full out blast they probably take out roughly 10,000 orcs. And after that their going to be exausted of their power until they can recharge and rest.

Soleran
Nate Grey alone could take the win here in 5 minutes, tops.

nimbus006
I'm not to versed on Nate Greys abilities, but i don't think he can do that.

Soleran

Um, yeah, yeah he could pretty easy.

Dude Nate could travel between Dimensions, Travel Faster then light, his TK and TP are ridiculous

He could mud stomp those guys by himself.

ExtraMision5555

Nate grey? absolutely. If cable in his omega form could hold a large island up, hear the thoughts of virtually the entire world, keep peoples immune systems boosted, amongst a few other things, nate grey could definately do much more. i was gona mention that too

Simply adding nate grey to this makes this a horrible overkill

nimbus006
I know he has incredible TP and TK ability, but he cannot control that many minds at one time. Their has to be some limitation to his power. Besides I'm not even that sure that TP would work on orcs seeing as how they answer to Sauron and only Sauron. Im not so sure, but I think Sauron put a spell on them when he created them that didnt allow them to be manipulated, plus their not human. Can telepaths get into the minds of animals? Im just wondering

ExtraMision5555
I know he has incredible TP and TK ability, but he cannot control that many minds at one time. Their has to be some limitation to his power. Besides I'm not even that sure that TP would work on orcs seeing as how they answer to Sauron and only Sauron. Im not so sure, but I think Sauron put a spell on them when he created them that didnt allow them to be manipulated, plus their not human. Can telepaths get into the minds of animals? Im just wondering

Its not neccssairily his TP that makes him so nasty, his TK is outstanding

but to add to that
mind control wouldent be an objective, but detonateing the heads of thousands of orcs simotainously

Soleran

He made everyone in New York forget about him, he has stopped time before, tore Xavier's Astral form out of the Astral realm.

Dude Nate was a God in the end of his series.

Once again he stomps them all in the time it takes to think itsmile

nimbus006
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Its not neccssairily his TP that makes him so nasty, his TK is outstanding

but to add to that
mind control wouldent be an objective, but detonateing the heads of thousands of orcs simotainously

Yes his TK would be an incredible asset to the team. Like i said in my first post all the heroes are overkill.

Jesse7
Sauron at full power as the OP stated, is beyond everyone on that list, their really is no comparison here.

Reality, time, space, soul, power, all these do not apply to the Mair or Valar in their true forms, they are beyond abstractuality.

The Valar in particular are the children of Illuvitar his creations, each with a piece of himself in them, they are Illuvitar as Illuvitar is them, limitless and un rivaled.

The Mair are the next step down from them.

ExtraMision5555
Yes his TK would be an incredible asset to the team. Like i said in my first post all the heroes are overkill.

yeah exactly, you could debate the details of how it would go, but the overwhelming conclusion is there are far to many hard hitters for this to be that interesting

Soleran
Sauron at full power as the OP stated, is beyond everyone on that list, their really is no comparison here.

He just gets dumped in an "in-between" dimension, Nate has done that before.

I guess no one kept up with Nate, at the end of his run he could do anything he could think of really.

Jesse7
Originally posted by Soleran
He just gets dumped in an "in-between" dimension, Nate has done that before.

I guess no one kept up with Nate, at the end of his run he could do anything he could think of really.

Its silly to compare Nate, or even Galactus to a Maiar in true form and full power, and one such as Sauron before his fall.

They are beyond thoughts, abstractuality, power, dimensions, time, space, emotion, all meaningless to them, as they are the shapers of these things.

In a way everything is but a dream.

magneto1992

Reality, time, space, soul, power, all these do not apply to the Mair or Valar in their true forms, they are beyond abstractuality.

The Valar in particular are the children of Illuvitar his creations, each with a piece of himself in them, they are Illuvitar as Illuvitar is them, limitless and un rivaled.

The Mair are the next step down from them. OOOOOOO realy?
Look, Ultimate versions of the current versions of the X-men destroy the whole LOTR universe, this whole enchila will kill everyone, Xavier froze everyone expt Thor, Hulk and Juggernaut, they kill everyone else. No need for anyone else, or Nate by herself.

Jesse7
Originally posted by magneto1992
OOOOOOO realy?
Look, Ultimate versions of the current versions of the X-men destroy the whole LOTR universe, this whole enchila will kill everyone, Xavier froze everyone expt Thor, Hulk and Juggernaut, they kill everyone else. No need for anyone else, or Nate by herself.

you really are ignorant, as it isn't a universe in Tolkein's books.

Do not speak and claim right which you know nothing of, as you have shown with what you have posted.

You likely only watched the movies and never read any of the books before lotr, or even lotr for that matter.

magneto1992
you really are ignorant, as it isn't even a universe in Tolkein's books.

Do not speak and claim down as right which you know nothing of, as you have shown with what you have posted.

You likely only watched the movies and never read any of the books before lotr, or even lotr for that matter. Every place is not our pace is a universe, and about the LOTR being destroy I meant in a danger room mision.

Jesse7
Originally posted by magneto1992
Every place is not our pace is a universe, and about the LOTR being destroy I meant in a danger room mision.

This thread isnt about the danger room, nor does it take place in the danger room.

ExtraMision5555
This thread isnt about the danger room, nor does it take place in the danger room.

yes that post also confsued me,
to the point where i doubt its even serious

magneto1992
This thread isnt about the danger room, nor does it take place in the danger room. You don't get the Idea do you?
Look if in training they took all forces 5 xmen, all this heroes should od it too, you are putting Sauron very powerful (which it is), but all of those people would take it in 1 day. More if The Hulk, Nate Grey, Professor and Mr. Fantastic are involve in this. The only thing they got to do is Mr. Fantastic Make a Cerebro, (belive me he can do it really fast) and make PX kill all people that is not human and mutant, then Hulk take evil humans, (some elefants too), together with JUggernaut, and the Nate and Thor would kill him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.