Spoilers...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

savvysparrow
Alright friends, I'm desperate. Who has bonafied spoliers relating to the movie? If you would be so decent as to post them here so I can catch up, that would be amazing!!

Alina
I'm with you, I'm desperate as well....and bloody confused (and a bit worried that they'll ruin the movie and Jack's character)
So, please, people who has been here a long time, enlighten us newbies.....

johnnyforever
i want to help u guys but i don't know myself! all that i've read it's like, well here's a spoiler! and then later they say like, well that's not true! and the other one says, yes it is, it's been confirmed! soo all of what you read on here about like the leaked script.

listen, if that leaked script was real, ted and terry would have surely taken it off the internet k?

umm.. but the only thing i think is real for sure... SPOILER...

is that gov. Swann dies.... sad i know.

LovelyOne
Will stabs the heart and becomes the new captain of the flying dutchman

LovelyOne
and Alina..if this really is the last in this trilogy then the way we discussed jack ending. It wouldn't really ruin his character..it would be descent closure of his character IMO Everything appears to be leading up to that kind of ending I think the biggest hint being in Gibb's line to him and Jack..it would be right at the end of the movie and set in the future meaning the Jack we love isn't really gone..he's just finally matured into something lol

cuz piracy did come to a close didn't it? Jack leaving us to wander aimlessly in his life would mean he would probably die in the future..he's set to die if he does that. who the heck wants that for Jack?

"Jack must find his place in the new world or perish" - Beckett

4/5/6 may be prequels

or if they have realy taken that ending with you know what out then maube movie 4 will be the thing we all wanted but couldn't cuz the whelp was there

savvysparrow
Uhhhh, whoa! How does Jack end exactly? Where was that discussed? Oh are we saying that Jack does in fact become immortal?

LovelyOne
Well what strikes me is that in the script I know about,..It actually ends on Elizabeth..you would have thought the last scene in the entire trilogy would end on Jack savvy?

no I'm not saying that lol..he wont be immortal

Immortality is not where his character is heading IMO

movie 1 - he wanted to be a god basicaly

movie 2 - he decideds makes elizabeth an obligation in life and give up certain things

movie 3 - ????????????????

when you look at what Ted said on boxofficemojo about the meaning of the series???

IMO its not about Jack leaving on his own..its about him making obligations in his life..and what is the next step?

LovelyOne
I think there is a rather large hint in the title of the 3rd movie at where things are heading for Jack.

At Worlds End aka end of pirates

In my opinion the age of piracy is going to die out after this movie..its the end of the world of pirates(cant fight with history the EITC did take over)..things are about to shift into a new age..a NEW world..and Jack is going to remain a pirate and die?? I doubt it

"Jack must find his place in the new world or he will perish" - Beckett

Clear as day what is happening with his character..he is finding reason to exist in a new world where he cant be a pirate anymore IMO

bittersweet ending?

bitter - cant be a pirate

sweet - something better comes along and he has a reason to exist in the new world..

why is the last scene with Elizabeth based in the future with a son?

LOL and why is Jack not in the last scene with her when its the end of the entire trilogy?? Or is he? and they are keeping that particular part out of the scripts?? shocking twist IMO

Its basially goodbye to the old hello to the new with ALL of the 3 lead characters IMO,,that is the main theme of these 2 movies in my opinion big grin

savvysparrow
What about the rumor that the movie ends with Jack sailing off into the sunset with Giselle and Scarlett on his arm? Is that fact or fiction?

Also, is the idea that Will dies wishful thinking, or something that's actually common knowledge?

LovelyOne
that was a rumor based on a photograph someone saw

The Will dies thing??

it happens in the script I was told about..he doesnt return to her I dont think.

and there is a really weird spoiler on podcast that IMO suggests Tia frees Will from the dutchman and they go up to "heaven" together.

tee_pirategirl
ok Lovelyone I know you said you aren't gonna tell if you find anything else out cause we all DID freak out about what you told us (seriousely not our fault just shock really...plus we all still love you for telling us) but how DOES the last scene actually end? Elizabeth and jzck nowhere to be seen...or is jack nearby and they just choose to end on lizzie?

LovelyOne
I have no idea how it ends all I was told is that the son is with her..Its so weird that it just ends like that.

I hope she didnt have the damn baby in the movie sick

I dont even know if they have kept the kid in it

dont you think its weird how they were trying to cast kids who looked like Jack and Will?

savvysparrow
I think it's interesting that it ends with Elizabeth because doesn't the entire series start with Elizabeth? More importantly, doesn't it start with Elizabeth's decision to protect Will by hiding the pirate medallion? They've said that the Pirates series is based on the impact of decisions....

So Will dies....that's interesting! But if he dies, wouldn't Elizabeth feel guilty about that and choose to end her days alone? Or, does he as rumor has it, become evil?

savvysparrow
Uh, kids? Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa......Where is all this business that Elizabeth has a kid coming from?

LovelyOne
It actually starts with lizzie singing a pirates song and talking about how much she wants to meet a pirate.."a pirates life for me..."

so "strange" how they used that for the opening of the DMC trailer too

that little girls exact song..twas little Liz singing

LovelyOne
also Liz on her own with a kid..no dad, no norrington, no Will???

that kid is gonna NEED a father figure in his life..and she wont be able to just live on her own and survive IMO..its just the way it was back then with women..you didnt get single mothers like that.

LovelyOne
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SQUEEEE! eek! eek! eek!

cant contain SELF

Mistypirate
All of this baby talk is driving me nuts.I have all this crazy thoughts running through my head, what if it is Will's baby? I couldn't take that. All this waiting is driving me crazy. It makes me wanna have a baby myself. Umm no not yet. Geez this movie is going to be the death of me. I think I'm loosing it confused . Where is the therapy thread???? Happy Dance

lovethemtigers
Yea, I don't think they would do the Pearl Harbour Thing....If there is a child, we will find out that's it's Jacks....and like LovelyOne said..perhaps the new trilogy is showing us the eleven years between Will's death and the scene with Elizabeth and her son...eleven years later.....

The clues, symbols, theories in this movie are countless, and if you really look deep into them they all point to jack and Elizabeth...so the Will/Elizabeth pairing just doesn't wash with me....

lovethemtigers
She starts off the Pirate Trilogy as a young girl singing the "Pirate's Life For Me" song....we learn that she is obsessed with Pirates...then they resuce Will and she takes his Pirate Medallion (but nothing about the boy suggests that he is a Pirate).....then we see her grown up and she is still obsessed with the medallion/Pirates (she thinks Will is a Pirate)...then she resuced from the sea later that day by a real live Pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow - a legend that she has heard stories about....then later int he movie on the island she teaches him the Pirate song....which he in turns sings at the end of the movie....as he is sailing towards that HoriZon...remebering his time with Lizzie on the Island....Then movie 2 starts off with her at a "wedding" looking like she is actually kneeling at a funeral or something...it's raining and miserable and she looks so lonely....then Jack's first scene - we see him pop out of a coffin...."a marriage interrupted or fate intervenes"....."widowed before her marriage...a virgin still looking for her husband lost at sea"....."welcome aboard come to join my crew....no, I've come to find the man I love"...."this compass points to the thing you want most in this world"....."it's a curious thing, there was a time I would have given anything for you to LOOK LIKE THAT when THINKING ABOUT ME...I don't know what you mean...OH I THINK YOU DO...don't be absurd, I TRUST HIM THAT's ALL....."I Just thought I'd be married by now, I'm so ready to be married"....."you will come over to my side, I know it...one word, luv, curiosity"....and so on and so on....then Liz kisses Jack and chains him to the mast...Jack does die at the end...and ties back into the beginning where she is mourning...just as LovelyOne has pointed out...so, Movie One starts with Liz singing the Pirate Song on a ship, it ends with Jack singing that same song on a Ship...movie two starts with Elizabeth looking like she is mourning a death, Jack dies by the tentacles of the Kracken, the movie ends with Elizabeth mourning the death of Jack.....

Mistypirate
God that was awesome, the way you wrote it, it actually makes pefect sense.

T.Maria
hey you know this kid stuff they were putting in, and then now they may have taken it out??

what if its the 'easter egg' at the end of the 3rd movie? right after the credits roll????

in 1 it was the monkey (which turned out to be WHY the monkey was still immortal...)

in 2 it was the dog and the bone (which as lovelyone suggests shows that jack has accepted that he loves liz...as has also been confirmed by spoilers for the 3rd film...)

in 3 it could be liz and the baby but end the actual film differently??

...u never know with these guys...

LovelyOne
might be^^^ big grin

Mistypirate
Oh and you forgot the part, where Gibs says: BAD, BAD FOR EVERY MOTHER'S CHILD THAT CALLS HIMSELF A PIRATE.
Oh and I'm curious about the widowed before her marriage line, afterwards it says' "A VIRGIN STILL LIKELY AS NOT" what do you think the last line "LIKELY AS NOT" means. Could it be that she is not a virgin? or that she is not going to be a virgin when she gets married? That last quote has my head spinning.

LovelyOne
GUESS WHAT GUYS..my friend said there was no indication of Will bedding Liz in the script..although she said she needs to read over it again..so IMO that kid is 100% Jack's

also she said it has apparently been cut..

so even if it was Will's they have now CUT it hopefully meaning the whole theme of "Will's baby" is nada..more room for a Jack/Liz hint at the end of AWE/ in th future..

maybe the Jack /baby theme is gonna be continued into the 4th..

cuz pirates are gonna DIE OUT and what is Jack gonna have to live for once everything is taken away from him..his whole way of life..GONE??? A SON and Elizabeth of course big grin

and what Is Liz gonna have to live for now that everything has been taken away from her? her dad, her fiancee, Norrington?? JACK and a SON of course big grin Jack is her TRUE husband in her heart IMO

BITTERSWEET ENDING anyone?

Mistypirate
That is Great News thatks Lovelyone smile

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
She starts off the Pirate Trilogy as a young girl singing the "Pirate's Life For Me" song....we learn that she is obsessed with Pirates...then they resuce Will and she takes his Pirate Medallion (but nothing about the boy suggests that he is a Pirate).....then we see her grown up and she is still obsessed with the medallion/Pirates (she thinks Will is a Pirate)...then she resuced from the sea later that day by a real live Pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow - a legend that she has heard stories about....then later int he movie on the island she teaches him the Pirate song....which he in turns sings at the end of the movie....as he is sailing towards that HoriZon...remebering his time with Lizzie on the Island....Then movie 2 starts off with her at a "wedding" looking like she is actually kneeling at a funeral or something...it's raining and miserable and she looks so lonely....then Jack's first scene - we see him pop out of a coffin...."a marriage interrupted or fate intervenes"....."widowed before her marriage...a virgin still looking for her husband lost at sea"....."welcome aboard come to join my crew....no, I've come to find the man I love"...."this compass points to the thing you want most in this world"....."it's a curious thing, there was a time I would have given anything for you to LOOK LIKE THAT when THINKING ABOUT ME...I don't know what you mean...OH I THINK YOU DO...don't be absurd, I TRUST HIM THAT's ALL....."I Just thought I'd be married by now, I'm so ready to be married"....."you will come over to my side, I know it...one word, luv, curiosity"....and so on and so on....then Liz kisses Jack and chains him to the mast...Jack does die at the end...and ties back into the beginning where she is mourning...just as LovelyOne has pointed out...so, Movie One starts with Liz singing the Pirate Song on a ship, it ends with Jack singing that same song on a Ship...movie two starts with Elizabeth looking like she is mourning a death, Jack dies by the tentacles of the Kracken, the movie ends with Elizabeth mourning the death of Jack.....

OMG I love you so much..

and when they say virgin as likely as not..IMO thats all the sexual tension brought to the surface betweenJack/Liz in this move..it all suggests sleeping with Jack not Billiam lmao

Mistypirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
OMG I love you so much..

and when they say virgin as likely as not..IMO thats all the sexual tension brought to the surface betweenJack/Liz in this move..it all suggests sleeping with Jack not Billiam lmao

Yea that would make sense, she desires to sleep w Jack not the hoompa loompa.

savvysparrow
So wait, does that mean that we know that the end of the movie is implied J/E?

Sorry if I'm not following you guys measure for measure. I'm playing catch up.

I know that most of us aren't huge fans of Will, but from a character perspective, won't Elizabeth be horribly distraught if Will dies during the course of the film? I'm not saying that she might still love him, but they are childhood friends. Wouldn't she feel guilty if things weren't still patched up between them, and subsequently, wouldn't that also affect her relationship with Jack?

Help me out here, those of you with the script connections. Does anyone else seem to think it's too drastic? Even if it is bitter sweet? And I'm not saying this is my personal opinion. I'm not a W/E shipper in disguise. I'm looking at things purely from an emotional context.

LovelyOne
IMO this child thing maybe happend a good year, or at least half a year after the events of AWE

If they are taking it out though..IMO there may just be a hint in the closeness of Jack comforting Liz after the loss of Will..that these two really do belong together..possibly to continue into a 4th

IMO will/Liz are growing further apart anyway..I think they do love eachother but priotities might switch around..especially for Will..they already are for Will

savvysparrow
I agree that Will's priorities are with his father. I also can't see how there could be any resolution that would adequately resolve the triangle in such a way that Will and Elizabeth would end up together again. It would be unrealistic for him to forgive and forget, and for her to simply drop and ignore everything that happened in DMC.

Ok, so LovelyOne, your friend is the one with the script apparently. Can you give me clues as to what happens that leads up to these events? You don't have to outright tell what happens, but at least point me in the right direction.

So we know that they've at least cut the idea out that she's had a kid at the end of the movie (let's face it, do you see her being the mothering type? Maybe if she had someone to do it with her, but by herself? She's too wild.)

Do we know how it is that Elizabeth feels about Jack yet? There are opinions and guesses yes, but what does that magical script say?

If I were to hypothesize that she doesn't come to terms with her true feelings until the end of the film, would that be mildly correct?

Chiki Mina
about the pirates life song. i wonder when at the end of the movie while jack was singing he looked at his compass, could it ahve been pointing to liz? im pretty sure so...it seems to me that ever since he met liz and right after movie ones ending jack hasnt been himself. What i mean is that hes compass wouldnt work properly for him. Knowing that liz might be married to will or worse, could limit his freedom as a pirate.

thats why gibbs was mentioning that he and the crew have been waiting for a while for some gold and treassure. must means that jack has been vezed for a long time since movie one.

a silly thought. u know that the beginning of the movie liz sings pirates life and jacks end up singing that song. now i was thinking for the third, that since jack was singing by himself pirates life, then maybe at the end of movie 3 jack/liz would sing pirates life song together. stupid thought i know lol.

Mistypirate
It would be silly, but I would love it LOL

Chiki Mina
i personally think that it would be kind of cheesy-too cheesy for pirates-although it is romantic lol. but i think what we want is more of a sexier ending scene between jack and liz. mayeb jack holding elzabeth taking her to the his cabin to perform his ma-rri-age lol wink

LovelyOne
I still dont know how I feel about this possible kid ending..IMO it would be the best thing for Jack and Liz if they cant be pirates anymore and Liz has nothing left in her life and neither does Jack..he cant be a pirate anymore..he needs SOMETHING to keep him going..he would have found something much better true love etc. He has a reason to exist still if he remains eith Liz and has a kid..

same goes for Liz..IMO she is really in love with Jack and she needed Will to be gone to fully embrace being with him..

katelovespirate
i think if there is a kid, it would be wills. otherwise, why would they film liz and will getting married unless they meant to imply (but not show) that Will and Liz consumate said marriage?

i just got dead man's chest!!! smile yay. its a bootleg but the quality is great. im gonna watch it now.

Chiki Mina
well even if the piracy will end..they weill still be pirates by heart, and i hope to see the ending with jack/liz sailing away catching the horizon.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i think if there is a kid, it would be wills. otherwise, why would they film liz and will getting married unless they meant to imply (but not show) that Will and Liz consumate said marriage?

i just got dead man's chest!!! smile yay. its a bootleg but the quality is great. im gonna watch it now.

My friend said there is no indication of them sleeping together in the script

they get married on the dutchman/Pearl?? not sure which..I think its the pearl because Barbossa is captain of it and Will literally stabs the heart as soon as they do

IMO she wont have sex before marriage.

I honestly think this big twist they are on about is showing that Jack is willing to make an obligation to a "wife" and son

LovelyOne
come on think realistically though..Jack cant continue to be a pirate..and a son and partner is what would give him reason to still exist in life..its bittersweet.

do we really want to see him die in 9 years time?

why is it showing us Liz safe and sound 9 years in the future with a son and not where Jack is?..did he manage to fit into the new world or what?? did he die??

"Jack will have to find his place in the new world or perish"

pirates are ending..even the title At Worlds End suggests that..its the end of the old world and a new world is coming along a new agre and Jack sailing off into the sunset a pirate?? Its not gonna work..h's going to perish if he does that..each character needs to make a change to "survive" in the new world IMO..its the emotional battle I was talking about..something old and familiar VS something "new and scary"..With Jack it points to feelings for Liz and with Liz it points to feelings for Jack.

IMO they are covering Jack's ending up somewhere..its ties in with Elizabeth's..I think the son is his.

Chiki Mina
again i really dont think its wills child. I mean, the merriage is something will wants in his deathbed. im pretty sure lizzie does it as a favor. Will knows what in lizzies heart, he wont ask her as a favor to make love to will, he knows the meaning of "till death do us apart." he knows by the min he dies, that liz will be free to choose her destiny and live her life wih whom she loves, jack.

LovelyOne
I think the problem of Davy Jones will be gone but in the long run the EITC are gonne beat Jack and everyone at the end of AWE..they are going to be too strong..the main problem is Davy Jones being in their hands..that is th one thing hey need to remove otherwise things are well and truly screwed...the EITC are still gonna screw them all but at least the problem of Davy Jones being in their hands is gone..

Chiki Mina
i dont think the main problem is davy, its the war between the EITC and pirates. At Worlds End meaning the end of the war between EITC and Piracy.

LovelyOne
the EITC are more powerful with Davy than without Davy..remember they have the heart..and they will need to remove Davy from the planet in order to stop them getting their hands on it again

Chiki..the EITC didnt lose against the pirates in history, they won against the pirates. They did eventually take over the world and pirates did die out.

IMO at worlds End means the end of pirates.end of the old world that Jack "loves" so much...or does he now have something better to love now? big grin

katelovespirate
this isnt history, its disney. when in history did krakens exist, or men cut out their hearts and put them in chests, or calypso exist, etc?

i think Tia is going to help them beat the eitc, as calypso. we know beckett will be beaten. the eitc was a huge presence in history, but that doesnt mean they always won every battle.

plus, its mainly beckett who wants to annialate pirates. if he goes, that whole plot is pretty much over and the eitc can go back to being villians who leave the pirates alone.

i really really REALLY dont think Disney would take their most memorable, lauded, brilliant and loved character of all time and try to change him from pirate to normal person. jack is a pirate, hes a legend, hes a scoundrel and to see him as anything else would be really diminishing his character, IMO.

LovelyOne
they didnt but you really think they would say that at the end of PotC the EITC lost againt the pirates???

Jack and Rose never existed in real life but that doesnt mean the Titanic didnt hit an iceberg and go down..

Imagine if the titanic didnt sink at the end of that movie?? Imagine if they made it crash into another ship instead of an iceberg??

the critics and audience alike will rip PotC to shreds if they decide to say true historical events never happened

LovelyOne

LovelyOne
bittersweet ending remember

I agree Beckett will probably die..as will Davy Jones..but IMO the EITC wont be beaten in AWE.

they are a huge force

aslo Jack has to save Elizabeth from the Pearl once Will dies..this means the EITC are blowing the crap out of his ship and they have to escape

LovelyOne
right now I dont think people can imagine Jack wanting to change from being a pirate to something else

but if we all see how much danger Jack will be in if he remains a pirate..I dont think people would want him to walk into the mouth of hell..what kind of ending would that be for him?

I cant imagine him staying on land..I bet he remains a sailor or something but just not a pirate.

Swann&Sparrow
One, I don't think T&T and Disney would do something as ridiculous and retarded as to make Will so F*CKING STUPID and marry Elizabeth on his death bed. That's so F*CKING RETARDED!

She wouldn't marry a dying man, even as a favor. No one wants to be a widow, man. Besides her feelings for Jack would over come the little voice telling her to make Will happy in his last moments. She knows that marring Will, whether he would die in a few minutes or not, would mean she is bound to him. Fully.

But she's a pirate at heart, she doesn't want this. She needs to feel like she has some freedom, she's already been there fantisizing about sailing the seas, she's dreamed about pirates and swordfights. She's been there. Why go back?

Elizabeth wouldn't just give up, in my opinion, they might leave it as a semi-cliffhanger. Jack and Elizabeth would sail off into the sunset, even as the East India Trading Company hunts them down, they'll have each other.

Together, they'll run. If they perish or not, they'll be together. I don't think Jack would ever want to go back to normal civilian life, with the woman of his dreams or not, he can't go back. Elizabeth wouldn't, couldn't and won't go back to that horrible lie in Port Royal.

Jack set her free, why the hell would she return to the cage? All this talk about kids is getting to people's heads. In my mind, there is not kid. No 'anchore' to hold Jack in place and keep him alive. That's not living, " What the Pearl really is, is freedom..."

The Pearl is a ship, Jack's ship. He sees it as freedom to sail the seas, to go beyond the barriers of a normal human. That's his greatest dream. To be truly free, even though he gave up his Pearl, would he not want it back? Jack is not a truly unselfish guy. He could change, sure, but it's impossible to change completely. Even if you spend years trying, you'll always have that little bit of yourself hidden away, where no one could see.

Jack won't let this part of him die, he won't let Elizabeth go back to her prison. They'll fly away, break free.

Sail.

LovelyOne
she does marry him before he dies..says so in that script my friend has

I also think the Pearl becomes Barbossa's towards the end of AWE because Barbossa is the one who marries them on it

Jack doesnt really care about the pearl anymore because he has Liz now "she's only a ship mate" then we see him just staring at Elizabeth

who said she was at Port Royal in the last scene?..she may very well be somewhere else on the sea somewhere with Jack.

the whole point of DMC was about Jack starting to give certain things up like material possessions because other things in life are far more imporatant to him now like Elizabeth for example

Mistypirate
I think otherwise, I think people would like to see Jack as a change man But,is something that nobody would expect it ever to happened from the character. It would be interesting to see him change and evolve in to something else. Something that everyone would have liked to see but, never expected to see. That would be a shocker. People walking out of the theater saying "hey i would have never expect that character to go that way".

LovelyOne

Chiki Mina
what if its trade his pirate life for love..?? it could be possible.

Swann&Sparrow
Meh.

Swann&Sparrow
I can't change your opinion, as you can't change mine.

But we're all entitled to one, so let's live in peace.

I'm just tierd of hearing this BS about kids, that's just...unsatisfieing.

LovelyOne
..Its just what Ted says.

Is Jack willing enough to give up certain things he loves to be with something he wants more? Movie 2 showed us that he's willing to...and that Lizzie wasnt ready but by the end IMO she was accepting Jack in her life and willing to give up a happy ever after with Will to be with Jack again...which IMO she wants far more than Will

you can call in BS all you want..but the script says it..and I was confimed to be right about one thing i read in the script and thats Will becoming the next captain after stabbing the heart...so IMO the other stuff in there is pretty true..or at least rings true in some way.

apparently they HAVE cut that ending but is this Disney just being secretive?

Chiki Mina
uh what..are we arguing?? lol

u dont have to hear about the bull shit of kids..u can go to another threadsmile now im not kciking u out or anything lol

LovelyOne
I'm not arguing.. lol

savvysparrow
Or did they cut it because they're smart? Does anyone else really just not buy the whole thing with her having a kid? It's been done before and it seems too melodramatic in my opinion.

Or her marrying Will right before he dies? Logically speaking, it doesn't make sense. Why would he marry her and then decide all of the sudden to stab the heart?

I'd understand if they were perhaps about to get married and then they both come to the realization that they've got different priorities, but if he had every intention of dying, and his stabbing the heart is an intentional act, why bother to marry her and contribute to the misery?

I don't know, the writers have said that this will be the most romantic of all the movies, and that the ending will be bitter sweet. If Will dies after marrying Elizabeth, that's not bitter sweet. That's tragic. If he dies after perhaps coming to the realization that Jack is in fact in love with Elizabeth, that would be bitter sweet.

I'm not even a W/E shipper or a huge fan of Will's and I still believe that the option seems entirely out of character for the series. Elizabeth's not going to turn to Jack for comfort. She'd more than likely hate him all the more for having come between her and Will. Not to mention the guilt....see what I'm saying, it doesn't make sense either from a story perspective or an emotional perspective.

GoldenBird
There is no history to suggest the EITC wiped out pirates. This is pure Disney 'history' And opium was the cargo, not slaves. And pirates exist to this day, they just use Uzis instead of swords! Can you picture Jack with an Uzi in the future??!

How can they possibly have more films about Captain Jack's adventures with Liz involved? Kind of takes the fun out of it I would think. No more romantic liasons, etc. --might be boring.

Jack almost has to be on his own at the end of AWE to make any sense, especially if they make additional movies. If there were no movies after AWE then anything would go, including Jack and Liz, which I agree would be nice, kid or no kid, ..'dress or no dress '(Oops, I digress)

Mistypirate
It talks about the end of piracy, read This

http://www.answers.com/topic/piracy-in-the-caribbean

LovelyOne
Thank you for posting^

"The end of the classic age of Piracy

The decline of piracy in the Caribbean paralleled the decline of mercenaries and the rise of national armies in Europe. Following the end of the Thirty Years' War national power expanded. Armies were codified and brought under Royal control and privateering was largely ended; the navies were expanded and their mission was stretched to cover combating piracy. The elimination of piracy from European waters expanded to the Caribbean in the 1700s, West Africa and North America by the 1710s and by the 1720s even the Indian Ocean was a difficult location for pirates. The famous pirates of the early 18th century were a completely illegal remnant of a golden buccaneering age, and they could expect no more than eventual capture. Contrast this with the earlier example of Henry Morgan, who for his privateering efforts was knighted and made governor of Jamaica."

this is pretty much around the time PotC is set..I think..Jack would probably be captured and killed unless he becomes immortal or goes with Elizabeth somewhere..or lives life differently in some way.

maybe PotC 4 will be him running into trouble and Liz yearning for her trye husband lost at sea will go in search again??

Mistypirate
The EIC didn't directly had to do with the end of piracy, but it had somethiing to do.

Your welcome

LovelyOne
Yeah..so maybe Jack does beat them but they will come back and the end of piracy will be inevitable..Jack cant escape that IMO..unless he becomes immortal or decides to be with Elizabeth..and "POSSIBLY" a son..

lol possibly i say..not for certain

Or maybe jack can go off with his father and Elizabeth..I dunno if Teague Sparrow is a pirate..I dont think he is because the letters to Jack were signed by the KING of England to Jack Sparrow..his dad must be of some importance somewhere in the navy or something..

also...dont all the scenes with Teague have Elizabeth and Jack in them?...no Will

Chiki Mina
so lets say that piracy won over EITC. Will jack still give up piracyi in order to be with liz?? this is still confusing.

GoldenBird
'Tis true. The problem is that the EITC had little to do with it!

GoldenBird
Don't mean to mess with your heads on this, but I was just trying to say that it is basically fiction, so whatever really happened or didn't vs the EITC doesn't matter so much. But if the writers use that 'history' as what is going to happen, that is what we have to accept is going to happen in the movie...and Jack's lifestyle will be doomed I guess! Whatever.

That Liz could seek Jack out in 4 would be interesting however.

LovelyOne
uhh thanks^^ confused

the story of Jack and rose on the titanic was fiction..but it was based on a historical event...they used a fictional story over a tragic event..it did pretty darn well at the box office too lol

IMO they are using the EITC/end of piracy as a way to make Jack's character get with Elizabeth lol and we will accept it because he wont have anything else to live for

also just because that site doesnt mention the EITC on that site itdoesnt mean it never had a big part to play in the end of piracy..

But I kinda agree with katelovespirate now...its a shreck deal
(also written by Ted and Terry) stick out tongue stupid little man is trying to rid the world of fairytale creatures by using a magic something or other..

beckett is trying to rid the world of pirates with whats his face..fish face.big grin

Mistypirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Yeah..so maybe Jack does beat them but they will come back and the end of piracy will be inevitable..Jack cant escape that IMO..unless he becomes immortal or decides to be with Elizabeth..and "POSSIBLY" a son..

lol possibly i say..not for certain

Or maybe jack can go off with his father and Elizabeth..I dunno if Teague Sparrow is a pirate..I dont think he is because the letters to Jack were signed by the KING of England to Jack Sparrow..his dad must be of some importance somewhere in the navy or something..

also...dont all the scenes with Teague have Elizabeth and Jack in them?...no Will

Yes I believed i read somewhere that Jacks daddy was somebody important in the British Colonial India. That was where Jack was born.
Yes jacks daddy, jack and liz are the only ones in the scene NO WILLY

GoldenBird
The Letters of Marque (like the one Beckett had for Jack) were given to certain 'pirates' and others to pardon them and get them on the side of the government. A major pirate in the caribbean, Henry Hudson, was eventually made governor of Nassau, I believe. They were essentially still 'pirates', but worked for the 'crown' so they pirated against other countries ships! Maybe Jack will hold out for that! Beckett offered it to him once. If he did take it, he could still be a pirate, but not be called one. He would be ale to return to the caribbean and be with Liz.

Chiki Mina
ok lets get this straight....ok NOW EITC is now the most powerful of the sea bc they have davey jones heart. soooo oook i think i got it.

Ok the EITC are now the strongest of the seas bc they have the heart of davey jones so therefore they control davye jones who terroized the 7 seas for centuries. Now in order to defeat the EITC they will have to destroy the heart of davey. So at this point this is where Will come notice what was his destiny about. And this is where he asked elizabeth to marry him before he "dies" and this is the part where he decides to embrace his destiny and stab the heart of davey jones with the knife that his daddy gave him.

By stabbing the heart, Will "dies" and so will davey. Leaving the EITC in no control and its now up to the pirates to fight and win over them.

Im just going through some patterns- i might be way off lol

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
so lets say that piracy won over EITC. Will jack still give up piracyi in order to be with liz?? this is still confusing.

no Piracy ended due to many reasons..the new age came along

and it was pretty much around this time that PotC is set

pirates are doomed even if Jack beats the EITC or not.

GoldenBird
Lovely One: With the Letters of Marque Jack can become governor of Tortuga or maybe that 'little island' Barbossa put him on twice! Back on his little island with Liz, what more can you want?

Chiki Mina
ok so its in the history books. we're talking about history but in disney form lol.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by GoldenBird
The Letters of Marque (like the one Beckett had for Jack) were given to certain 'pirates' and others to pardon them and get them on the side of the government. A major pirate in the caribbean, Henry Hudson, was eventually made governor of Nassau, I believe. They were essentially still 'pirates', but worked for the 'crown' so they pirated against other countries ships! Maybe Jack will hold out for that! Beckett offered it to him once. If he did take it, he could still be a pirate, but not be called one. He would be ale to return to the caribbean and be with Liz.

Beckett took those and tried to use them for his own means..IMO Beckett was never meant to use them to blackmail Jack.

also thanks for the info big grin

EDIT - OMG I just read what you said up there^^ thats an awesome thought lol

or maybe Jack would be Governor of Port Royal..now that lizzies dad is dead ..

GoldenBird
Chiki: Take that from the 'top' again!

GoldenBird
I thought Beckett was offering the Letters to Jack as inducement to turn over the compass, etc. Jack would then be free, pardoned. Beckett, with his power, probably could offer them to anyone, they were signed by the King, who was in the pocket of the EITC (in the movie anyhow!).

LovelyOne
edited my above post^^

also are you new to the board GoldenBird?

LovelyOne
I thought Beckett was offering the Letters to Jack as inducement to turn over the compass, etc. Jack would then be free, pardoned. Beckett, with his power, probably could offer them to anyone, they were signed by the King, who was in the pocket of the EITC (in the movie anyhow!).

OHH okies..thanks for explaining that to me big grin

makes sense. Because Liz was trying to use them to pardon Will but Jack took them lmao

"as if I could be bought for such a low price" *puts them in his pocket anyway* laughing out loud

GoldenBird
Port Royal-maybe, Why not? He could stick it to Gillette then , and Mr. Brown!

LovelyOne
I seriously think that whole scene has one big hint in it of where Jack is going to end up in the future with Elizabeth

Chiki Mina
Chiki: Take that from the 'top' again!

...uh...

GoldenBird
Lovely One Yes--but I was surprised when I discovered your other 'alias'! It is cleverer here than you-know-where. The J/E stuff is way to mushy there. Mush is OK when it isn't too redundant however. And 'smells' and 'rapes' seem obnoxious compared to a few bad words . This is a twisty-er movie than I first thought, so I enjoy 'listening' to everyones' thoughts and speculation.

Chiki Mina
so no mater what who wins over the eitc or piracy..jack is still gonna give up his pirate life bc he has no other choice?

GoldenBird
Chiki; It's OK I will read it more carefully. Trust me!

LovelyOne
lol you talking about a certain irritating forum in which I was banned from?

who be this?? tell me ye name

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
so no mater what who wins over the eitc or piracy..jack is still gonna give up his pirate life bc he has no other choice?

probably..unless he wants to die

Chiki Mina
well lets just hope he wont want to die lol. Im pretty sure he has a good enough reason to live now, which is liz.

GoldenBird
Lovely One:

Not important because I wasn't a J/E shipper and nearly got blown off there the first time! I just read the stuff mostly and had a good laugh. Technically I am a Jack shipper I guess!

LovelyOne
ayee!! so ye want Jack to go off to remain a pirate and go off to certain death?

Or have something to fall back on after everything be gone from his life..if he cant be a pirate what else does he have to live for? sad

Im honestly very surprised I lasted that long on that site

LovelyOne
Ok I'll stop with the annoying pirate talk they use on that certain annoying site..

...sorry laughing out loud

Chiki Mina
lmao i know what ur talking about lovelyone wink

mss_mira
honestly.... think about it logically they wont kill off jack. he's the $ maker and ppl would be pissed. mass murders would break out and the writers would have to hire body guards... ppl are that crazy... sales would drop dramaticaly.... so i dont think you have to worry about jack dying.... and if he's not dying then he's living which means there is a place for him.... next to liz most likely.

Chiki Mina
so true...the money is on jack. The reason that they reached the billion is bc jack got the gurl by the end of the movie.

LovelyOne
OH MY GOD..apparently there is a "rumor" that Gore wanted a sex scene in the movie..he said he would make it PG 13..and its not one between will/liz ..its JACK/Liz..this whole theme abbout a baby?? Disney were refusing to allow it..not even a hint of one lol..

facking hell

they have taken it out though apparently this last scene with Liz and child...so maybe they couldnt manage to get one in there between the two

gibbs line and that entire scene to me suggests these two are gonna have a kid in the future

mss_mira
OMG where did u hear about this?!?!?!?!?

LovelyOne
Its a thing that is being spread on loads of boards..I'm trying to find the source info out..I really do think its a possibility that its true about them trying to get a Pg 13 sex scene in there..because of that frigging kid thing at the end of the script and no indication of it beinf Will's baby at all in the story

they wouldnt just add a sex scene/sex scene implication in to cause a stir its got to be relevant to the story in some way.

Chiki Mina
OMG WHAT!!!! AAA What does Gore want??? Sex??? In a disney movie?! JACK/LIZ??

mss_mira
if this is true, u jst made my day cuz even if it doesnt get put in it still tells us what the writers have on their minds...

LovelyOne
PG 13 sex..

LovelyOne
also because of history I doubt PotC 4 will be set after AWE..its probably before..because pirates died out around this time..it was very dangerous..jack will probably die in PotC 4 at the end or something.

or if its set afterward then it will be a Jack/Liz thing..reinvention....interesting word to use..its like they can finally just do the love story between Jack/Liz with Will not there..IMO its the thing they always wanted to do but couldnt with movie 1 because Jack was a bit of a risk savvy?

katelovespirate
gore and the writers are horny. check out t and t's writing guide on sex scenes.

they followed their own rules for how to lead up to a hott sex scene in a movie, in potc 1 and 2, to a T with jack and liz. its a pattern they put together.

exactly, even if they dont put it in, we know they want to, and would if it werent for bloody stupid disney. wink

but there is a ton of stuff you can do that isnt sex that is still way scandalous, way hott, and can fly right over the kiddies heads. remember alejandro and elena's "swordfight" in mask of zorro? lol....

GoldenBird
Dang! The writers have 'PG-13 sex' on their minds!? Why not? It is perfectly normal , and not half as bad as slicing and dicing people with swords. Besides, did you ever see a Depp movie without it?

Still don't know how they can make 3 more movies (?) with Jack if he isn't a pirate. With or without Liz, what does he do? Join the British Navy and fight the French?

Lovely One- Sorry, don't know if I answered--my computer spit-up and I had to leave for a while.

LovelyOne
lmao...i think it may be a prequel..or it may just be one movie where they can finally do a Jack/Liz thing without the whelp involved they MUST realise why DMC did so well..it was the Jack/Liz aspect a movie only gets to 1 billion when something is working on screen and the audience love it and keep watching it over and over again..big grin..It wasnt Will on the dutchman..it was Jack/Liz: The money of the movie and the leading lady falling for one another

and dont worry about it hun.

GoldenBird
Actually yes, if I may answer myself--Willy Wonka!

LovelyOne
LMAO^^ omg

he had sex with one of the umpa lumpas

GoldenBird
Undoubtedly!

LovelyOne
did you not see that scene?

or was that a freaky dream I had?

GoldenBird
Lovely One:

You realize we would be ejected 'over there' for that, but Barbossa 'raping'Liz is quite OK!?

GoldenBird
Yep, they are discussing the 'kid' and 'whose' also.

LovelyOne
Oh a and Kate:

stick out tongue jokin
"At Worlds End" = end of piracy as a whole?? new world is about to arive..Jack must fit into it or he will perish..doesnt mean he wont be on the seas though does it? big grin

wouldnt you love to see him governer of Port Royal & with Liz with those letters of Marque?

not that Swan is dead

LovelyOne
Yep, they are discussing the 'kid' and 'whose' also.

LMAO this means they keep coming over here to look on what I/Kate have found out..I keep seeing them coming here and leaving

and yes they spoke of rape etc..dirty bastards

they must also know that will DIES like a *****...and I'm glad.

Chiki Mina
wait..what...rape??..you lost me

LovelyOne
on that certain site they were all talking about Barbossa raping Elizabeth and getting away with it..yet someone says Will is a pansy boy? you get banned laughing out loud

evilm0nki3
oh i would get banned lol

GoldenBird
But 'on topic' .. What exactly is Jack suppose to do for three movies if he can't pirate? Send Liz to work? Jack can stay home with the whelps. Somebody better check history to see what was going on back then in that part of the world. The EITC was running opium from the orient at that time, a scary thought! So Jack becomes another Pablo Escobar?

What scared me was Jack ending up with the strumpets, Is he going to be a 'pimp' on Tortuga!? Nah! Just a fleeting thought! He isn't the best pirate around, so what can he do for heavens sake? Get a job at Mr. Brown's making swords (since dear William will be roaming the 7 seas perhaps)? Being with Liz doesn't exactly suggest an exciting adventure movie, does it? Let alone 3 movies potentially.

I sort of see 'sex or no sex' between Liz and Jack, but definitely no long-term ties. They both seem to live for the 'moment' anyhow. Jack can 'drop'into Port Royal just like he does Tortuga to see his 'girl'.

Chiki Mina
uh...barbossa raping liz...did they forget that this is Disney...

who mentioned this?

GoldenBird
It is in one of their 'threads' started a day or so ago. It must have started after the 'kid' rumour.

Chiki Mina
well...thats very sick...ted/terry wont write a movie about barbossa raping liz...its very un-disney..

GoldenBird
I mean, if there is 'sex' it will have to be implied and definitely consensual! So much for 'feminist ideology over there!

Technically, Liz has been 'saved' from rape a few times that I recall-- a couple of times aboard Barbossa's ship in BP, probably by Barbossa later if he had not died in the cave. So much for Disney. Like Jack said in DMC Will probably should "lock her up more often" to keep her out of trouble!

GoldenBird
Oops! that thread over there was about DJ raping Liz. Now that is weird!

Chiki Mina
i just doubt that there will ever be a raping scene.

savvysparrow
With Disney, it's always implied but never carried out. There was always a threat of her being raped by Barbossa and the crew in the first movie, but they always subtly insinuated it. (Barbossa's comments about apples are a big give away)
They might lead up to the idea, in order to create tension or fear for Elizabeth, but never, ever would they put something like that in a movie. For Pete's sake--how irresponsible would that be? There are still families who take their kids to see the movies. How in the heck would parents explain that to their children? That would be an awkward conversation! "No Gloria, they're just having a tickle fight"....Uhhhhh, no.

And while we're not on the subject....Yes, the age of piracy will probably come to an end. They chose the title Worlds End because they thought it implied more than one "end". Beckett's speech about how Jack must choose to live in the New World or perish wasn't for nothing. But at the same time, I don't think any of them will or can possibly return to Port Royale. I think DMC marked the end of PR being a safe habour for the characters.

The ETTC has taken over the town, Beckett's powers are wide spread and even though Beckett will more than likely be defeated, with Governor Swann gone, who's there to pardon Will, Jack and Elizabeth for their purported crimes? Piracy is still piracy and will still be punished, with or without Beckett.

Here's the thing with Elizabeth's character. They're not setting her up for a return to Port Royale. The writers have implied that her essential nature is Pirate-like--more so than the other characters. She wouldn't be content to return to an ordinary life, with or without Jack at her side. Their place would have to be somewhere on the seas, or in Tortuga, the last and only safe haven for pirates. Also, they didn't have her become Captain of Sao Fen's ship for no reason.

GoldenBird
I read many of the threads, and very interesting. You are piecing the puzzle together nicely. Enjoy reading your comments. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if they filmed multiple endings. They know what you-all are up to and have to run faster! Actually, I hope the ending doesn't 'leak' . I want my money's worth from AWE.

The DVD will sustain us until the AWE release I guess. . There are probably lots of 'bluppers' since I would imagine it was hard to keep a straight face with 'Jack' in many of those scenes. I wonder how many times they had to do the end of the 'curiosity' scene when he looks at his hand? I can't believe Kiera could have possibly kept it in! I thought in 'persuade me' that she was losing it a little. It looked like she was holdingback a laugh.

savvysparrow
I agree with you GoldenBird! I believe that they not only filmed multiple endings, but that many of the scripts that were lying around were not the real deal. According to Wikipedia, Orlando Bloom did not know about the kiss, and his reaction was genuine surprise. It wasn't in his script. Furthermore, the entire cast did not know that Barbossa was supposed to come down the stairs, so their surprise was also genuine.

So, if they didn't put the ending of DMC into the scripts of the actors involved in the scenes, chances are they're doing the same thing with AWE. In fact, I'm almost positive that they're attempting to be even more careful with spoiler control for this movie. AWE's sucess hinges on the surprise factor.

In a more pleasant topic, I hope there are tons of bloopers. Seriously, I never get tired of the COTBP bloopers. I don't see how any of them could keep a straight face for long. And Keira did say in an interview that half the time the crew would be 'pissing' themselves trying to keep from laughing at him.

LovelyOne
Kate i have something I need to PM you cuz i dont want the KttCers like CaptWonka to take it over to their site and spread it

shannstar79
hey guys
I was out of town for the weekend , so I didnt get to read or Post, you guys all have some interesting things to say! I love a Jack/Liz ending and I think that they should live on the Island where they were marooned smile
big grin
anyway
love reading your post
Lovleyone and kate
you guys are the best

LovelyOne
Lol hey hey^^ GoldenBird is awesome too and so are you eek!

I love everyone on this site...YES everyone even the W/E shippers lol

shannstar79
yes !!!
is goldenbird new !!
AWSOME Points and fabulus post

Chiki Mina
is captain wonka still here lovelyone??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.