top lightsaber duelists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB Vader
ok i know this has been done before
but heres a new list

1.NJO luke/ master windu or possibly tulak hord if kreia told the truth
2.jacen solo by lotf
3. kyle katarn
4.palpatine

i think we need a debate on tulak, any1 up for it? or any opinions?

Captain REX
1. LOTF Luke
2. Yoda/Sidious
3. Yoda/Sidious
4. Dooku/Windu
5. Dooku/Windu
6. Kenobi/Anakin
7. Kenobi/Anakin

Yeah. You get the picture. Kyle is somewhere in the top by I don't feel like listing everyone.

ESB Vader
what about tulak hord? the one claimed by kreia to be the best lightsaber duelist the sith had ever known at that time and comparing the best from the kotor era were children to him.

well why would she lie about that, she gave factual stuff about ragnos, naga and ajunat pall, i dont think she lied at all

Nikkolas
1. Luke Skywalker.
2. Sidious (as of DE)
3. Jacen Solo

This is where I'm suck...I mean, I always thought of Dooku and Winu as equals in sabers. But, that would mean Anakin is above Dooku. Perplexing.

ESB Vader
mace is above palpatine and palpatine still uses ataru even by DE, proof? the way he was fighting in DE

Nikkolas
It doesn't really matter... DE Palpatine moves faster than the eye can see and his speed was obviously even above Yoda's best. So, no, Windu couldn't beat him.

ESB Vader
speed doesnt mean better, vader was slow and he beat 4 jedi masters.
and again, the stuff mentioned in the DE source book is a debate itself, they cant prove it, so is it right to say ANH obi wan is fastest because the scrip said "he countered with speed the eye cannot detect"? point moot

sidious in ROTS was slower than yoda and beat yoda, dooku is much faster than anakin and yet anakin beat him, so what difference does speed make? vader was slow and he fought in a 2 in 1 match in RODV and won, vader carved thorough an army of wookies even when he was slower than other jedis.

shatterpoint? = you lose
mace windu is nearly as great as NJO luke or prehaps on par due to his shatterpoint and mastered vaapad

Kas'Im
1. Luke Skywalker.
2. Kyle Katarn.
3. Darth Sidious.
4. Kas'Im.
5. Exar Kun.
6. Ulic Quel-Droma.
7. Darth Bane.
8. Yoda.
9. Jacen Solo.
10. Mace Windu.

Tulak Hord and Darth Revan are most likely there, but we don't know enough to be able to place them properly.

Lightsnake
Swap Kyle Katarn and Yoda....and put Mace at five

Darth Kreiger
1.)Godly Luke
2.)Mace Windu
3.)Yoda
4.)Sidious
5.)Katarn

Kas'Im
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Swap Kyle Katarn and Yoda....and put Mace at five

I'd say Kyle deserves a higher spot than 9. Perhaps I slightly overrated him.

LightElement
tulak is definately above revan, kreia already said the jedi in the kotor era are children compared to him

Kaos sebaceous
was katarn in anything but the jedi knight games?

Quinlan_Vos
1.) LOTF Luke Skywalker
2.) Yoda/Sidious
3.) Yoda/Sidious
4.) Kyle Katarn
5.) Mace Windu
6.) Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
7.) Count Dooku
8.) Obi-Wan Kenobi
9.) Kas'Im
10.) Tulak Hord

kamikz
Would Obi-Wan really be a better swordsman than Kas'Im? He had mastered all of the 7 styles and was considered as "possibly the best swordsman ever".

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
was katarn in anything but the jedi knight games?

Several Comics, and Novels

Kas'Im
Just 1 comi actually.

Kaos sebaceous
oooo cause i really never seen how powerfull he was is he like amazing

Chuck 444
1.)LOTF Luke
2.)Sidious
3.)Yoda
4.)Tulak Horde
5.)Mace Windu
Maybe Jacen? Revan could also be in there, with all the sith and sith troops he kills. Anakin? in episode 3, they say in Revenge of the Sith novel he is one of the greatest jedi duelests of that time.

Darth Kreiger
Why is everyone putting Mace leagues behind Sidious, he beat him.

Darth Scythe
The funny thing is Kyle was originally supposed to be killed off circa NJO-era. He wouldn't be on any of these lists if that were the case.

Quinlan_Vos
1.) LOTF Luke Skywalker
2.) Yoda/Sidious
3.) Yoda/Sidious
4.) Mace Windu
5.) Anakin Skywalker
6.) Count Dooku
7.) Exar Kun
8.) Kyle Katarn
9.) Obi-Wan Kenobi
10.) Kas-Im
11.) Tulak Hord
12.) Jacen Solo
13.) ......

allfg
1. Kas'im.
2. Luke Skywalker.
3. Darth Sidious.
4. Darth Bane.
5. Tulak Hord.
6. Jacen Solo.
7. Exar Kun.
8. Ulic-Quel Droma.
9. Nomi Sunrider.
10. Kyle Katarn.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by allfg
1. Kas'im.
2. Luke Skywalker.
3. Darth Sidious.
4. Darth Bane.
5. Tulak Hord.
6. Jacen Solo.
7. Exar Kun.
8. Ulic-Quel Droma.
9. Nomi Sunrider.
10. Kyle Katarn.

I just hope after reading this crap, that this thread is purely based on opinion.

Blaxican

Why is Nomi Sunrider on there?

Kadesh
cuz nebaris is an idiot

Blaxican
... This far outweighs anything he's ever done.He put Nomi Sunrider, but no Yoda... ?

darthsecretus30
Sidious played Mace ..he was waiting for Anakin to make his chioce ..

kamikz
Well that is actually only one side of it, could be possible, could be wrong....

Kadesh
no vader and dooku, believe me he even put bastila above vader in the top 20 and vader and dooku aint in, hes a fool

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Kadesh
what about tulak hord? the one claimed by kreia to be the best lightsaber duelist the sith had ever known at that time and comparing the best from the kotor era were children to him.

well why would she lie about that, she gave factual stuff about ragnos, naga and ajunat pall, i dont think she lied at all

But how would she know, she never saw him fight, she even said that there was a holocron of his teachings, but was lost when Revan was at the academy, or something like that.
She has no references of his skill, no way to judge him, probably just saying something to impress the exile, o look at me i know so much, i am so smart.

allfg
Originally posted by Blaxican
... This far outweighs anything he's ever done.He put Nomi Sunrider, but no Yoda... ?

Technically speaking, Yoda sucks donkey dick. Nomi Sunrider might actually just be the greatest prodigy of the lightsaber ever, given she could wield it like a master the first time using one.

kamhal
"tulak is definately above revan, kreia already said the jedi in the kotor era are children compared to him"

Kreia actually said that "jedis from now are children playing with toys compared with the ancient siths". Yet, Revan was MUCH stronger then Adjunta Pall... Also, kreia said that naga sadow was the greatest sith lord, yet is almost common sense that marka ragnos was better then him... And at last, revan was not an average jedi and also he was not even around, he had disapear and she was talking to the jedi exile...

Kreia never saw them fight, she probably listened that from someone and decided to said to the exile that was not that good, because this can never be use as comparisson as revan or tulak lord.In your logic tulak horde>exar kun... He was not around as revan and he was from that time...

Kadesh
Originally posted by kamhal

Kreia actually said that "jedis from now are children playing with toys compared with the ancient siths". Yet, Revan was MUCH stronger then Adjunta Pall... Also, kreia said that naga sadow was the greatest sith lord, yet is almost common sense that marka ragnos was better then him... And at last, revan was not an average jedi and also he was not even around, he had disapear and she was talking to the jedi exile...
Are you an idiot? revan > ajunta in force powers not dueling skills dip-wit and when did kreia ever say naga was the greatest sith lord? sorry but if you read POD they made naga look like revans ans exars equal. o right do we even know how powerful ajunta is? By right we know almost nothing about his powers and his dueling skills

Kreia never saw them fight, she probably listened that from someone and decided to said to the exile that was not that good, because this can never be use as comparisson as revan or tulak lord.In your logic tulak horde>exar kun... He was not around as revan and he was from that time... She may never saw them fight, but sorry she is a historian and historians have no reason to lie, she could have studied the archives FFS kamhal apply some logic, if the ancient sith could swing sith swords as if they are lightsabers imagine what they can do with a lightsaber since it is ALOT lighter. There are also things called holocrons though tulaks one is resting in his tomb. And listened it from some one else? UH who? Right nobody, she is like atris a h-i-s-t-o-r-i-a-n, And learn to quote numbnut. Now tell me, why would kreia lie about this matter? she definately would not down play revan, she favours him

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by allfg
Technically speaking, Yoda sucks donkey dick. Nomi Sunrider might actually just be the greatest prodigy of the lightsaber ever, given she could wield it like a master the first time using one.

You say a lot of stupid shit on this forum but this one takes the cake. This is why your dumbass cannot win a single debate. You're an idiot. EL OH EL.

allfg
Lol, sure thing, but out of curiosity, which statement?

xxXAcStylesXxx
Why are you insulting him? POD makes them look like equals because it doesn't take into account that almost every grandiose feat Naga Sadow did was with the aid of and amulet, ship, or some other Sith tool. Without these Naga looks like chump change when comapred to Revan and Exar Kun. And we do know things about Ajunta Pal, we know that he shit his pants when he saw a padawan Revan and that Revan potentially can beat him. It can pretty much be assumed that Revan > Ajunta in every way.

Theres a difference between lying and just being wrong, which she likely was, sure Tulak Hord was the hot shit of that time but really...how many Sith used lightsabers? Close to none, and how many real lightsaber duels could the guy have been it? Close to none, since the Sith were isolationist and even forgot the hyperspace routes back to the Republic he'd probably hadn't seen a Jedi in a long while. Then we have the fact that they were still using battery pack lightsabers which severely limits mobility and use time. So unless was a Dark Jedi from the Hundred Years of Darkness Wars (like Ajunta) he'd probably never seen a Jedi in his life to truly gauge his skills against.

Count Makashi
She may be a historian, but we don't know what kind of archives she used to compare the ancient Sith to Revan, the archives could be compromised, maybe she found archives that wore written centuries later after Tulaks death and each writer could have added something new to the archives and exaggerated, to make it look better, and Kreia didn't have any Holocrons of Tulak, she said that herself.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Count Makashi
She may be a historian, but we don't know what kind of archives she used to compare the ancient Sith to Revan, the archives could be compromised, maybe she found archives that wore written centuries later after Tulaks death and each writer could have added something new to the archives and exaggerated, to make it look better, and Kreia didn't have any Holocrons of Tulak, she said that herself.

You can't just say she's a fallible 3rd party character, because that doesn't make any sense. She's a historian who has EXTENSIVELY studied the ancient sith. She gave the Exile a detailed history of the ancient sith, and the GAOTS, and it was 100% accurate, so when she talks about the ancient sith we HAVE to assume that she's being 100% accurate, and there's no way around that.

Mattieo
I'm going with Katarn for first. He has killed many Sith in duels and is probably equal or better than Luke. Plus, he defeated Jerec and Desann, both being extremely powerful duelists. If you include that he has little formal training with a lightsaber, he definitely gets the top spot. For second, I'll go with Anakin/Vader. As for Sidious, I don't believe he gets a spot on the top. Unless if he has some duels in the books, he has no lightsaber duels to speak of except the fight between him and Windu.

capt it up
actaully is skill mace is the greatest light saber duelest

LORDSIDIOUS01
What about Luke and Mare Jade. Jacen. Darth Maul. Darth Revan Darth Sion Darth Bane Darth Krayt.

Count Makashi
The best lightsaber dualist is Luke Skywalker from the NJO.

kamhal
Luke is a freat duelist due to his enourmous power, but if you mada a ratio power/lightsaber skill, mace is better then luke, probably better then anyone else.

Count Makashi
What do you mean with ratio power/lightsaber skill, define it.

jollyjim311
Luke is a freat duelist due to his enourmous power, but if you mada a ratio power/lightsaber skill, mace is better then luke, probably better then anyone else.

That still doesn't make him the best...

And that would be Greivous, by the way.

General G
Originally posted by jollyjim311
That still doesn't make him the best...

And that would be Greivous, by the way.

There, just let it be noted, that I wasn't the one who said it, Grievous wins, discussion ended big grin

Darth Hord
1.Luke Skywalker
2.Sidious
3.Yoda
4.Mace Windu
5.Exar Kun
6.Anakin Skywalker
7.Revan
8.Dooku
9.Obi-Wan Kenobi
10.Tulak Hord

jollyjim311
Originally posted by General G
There, just let it be noted, that I wasn't the one who said it, Grievous wins, discussion ended big grin

I meant in a ratio of lightsaber skill to overall power. That is all of Greivous' power, as where most lightsaber wielders have force powers. It's a strange (and, no offense, stupid) way of looking at it, though, because, in that case, a well rounded character (Yoda, Sidious, Luke, Dooku) would have a lower ratio of someone who is purely saber (like Greivous, or even someone like Asajj), while, they could still be better than that person (or stomp all over them) in lightsaber combat.

Count Makashi
Yes in a ratio power/lightsaber skill Greivous is the best, he has no Force and he is wery god, but that dosnt mean anything in a fight, it only maters who is better, not who has the best ratio power/lightsaber skill.

overlord
Originally posted by Darth Hord
1.Luke Skywalker
2.Sidious
3.Yoda
4.Mace Windu
5.Exar Kun
6.Anakin Skywalker
7.Revan
8.Dooku
9.Obi-Wan Kenobi
10.Tulak Hord Tulak Hord better than Plo Koon? Prove it!

Darth Hord
I know I realized after the time to edit expired that I forgot Plo Koon and Darth Bane. sad

Riverollv
1) Tulak Hord/Luke Skywalker
2) Tulak Hord/Luke SKywalker
3) Yoda
4) Sidious
5) Windu
6) Kyle
7) Anakin Skywalker
8) Exar Kun
9) Revan
10) Bane

Blue_Hefner
1.Luke Skywalker
2.Sidious
3.Yoda
4.Mace Windu
5.Exar Kun
6.Anakin Skywalker
7.Revan
8.Dooku
9.Obi-Wan Kenobi
10.Tulak Hord

Why the hell are people like Revan and Tulak on there? We have no idea what they are like with a lightsaber besides the game's producers' opinions.

DarthKrayt
Originally posted by overlord
Tulak Hord better than Plo Koon? Prove it!
Sorry but who has ever seen Plo Koon duel
true Palpy can kill a jedi in an instant but.. he's a bit of a retard
also Krayt, Revan, Malak(his cool flourish is great)and people like kenobi and skywalker just rule

Count Makashi
Don't forget Dooku.

LordGrievous
1) Clone Wars General Grievous
i'm gonna get slapped for this

allfg
Based on what we know:

1. Luke Skywalker.
2. Darth Sidious.
3. Darth Bane.
4. Exar Kun.
5. Kas'im.
6. Ulic-Quel Droma.
7. Nomi Sunrider.
8. Kyle Katarn.
9. Tulak Hord.
10. Corran Horn.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Originally posted by Master Bane
Based on my ridicules opinion :

1. Luke Skywalker.
2. Darth Sidious.
3. Darth Bane.
4. Exar Kun.
5. Kas'im.
6. Ulic-Quel Droma.
7. Nomi Sunrider.
8. Kyle Katarn.
9. Tulak Hord.
10. Corran Horn.

Fixed.

Master Bane
Now wasn't that clever? I'd really love to see you make a better list.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud

Hmm

1.Luke skywalker
2.Darth sidious
3.yoda
4.Mace windu
5.Exar kun
6.Anakin skywalker

xxXAcStylesXxx

Luke Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Yoda
Mace Windu
Sidious

Don't really care about the rest, these are the top dogs and Sidious is the worst duelist out of them all and Luke by NJO is the best.

Apollo Cloud
Not only did you put people in who shouldn't be there, and not only did you fail to add people who should clearly be there, but you also fecked up the order of your own list.

Damn, didn't expect it to be that bad...

Allankles
Anakin Skywalker
Luke
Yoda
Windu
Sidious
Dooku
Maul
Kun
Obi Wan
Katarn

Special Mention:
Jaden Korr
Grevious
Asajj Ventress
Shaak Ti
Quinlan Vos
Qel Droma

xxXAcStylesXxx
Not only in my ridicules opinion did you put people in who shouldn't be there, and not only did you fail to add people who should clearly be there like Bane and Kas'im who I'd willignly give my anus too, but you also fecked up the order of your own list.

Damn, didn't expect it to be that great...I now see I'm completely wrong...AcStyles...your a god and my hero.

Fix'ed

Count Makashi
NJO Luke
DE Sidious
Anakin Skywalker
Yoda
Dooku
Mace
ROTS Sidious
Vader
ROTS Kenobi

Apollo Cloud
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
Fix'ed

laughing laughing

Now that would have been oh so much smoother if you actually managed to spell 'ridiclous' right.

xxXAcStylesXxx
laughing laughing

Now that would have been oh so much smoother if you actually managed to spell 'ridiclous' right.

No, no, I took into account your idiocy so I tired to add in misspelled words.

Apollo Cloud
You're tired? Go to sleep Papa Bear.

Riverollv
Originally posted by Count Makashi
NJO Luke
DE Sidious
Anakin Skywalker
Yoda
Dooku
Mace
ROTS Sidious
Vader
ROTS Kenobi

Hmm... Id put Revan above Kenobi, dont you think?

Darth Subjekt
says the one who spelled psychotic - "sikotic"

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
says the one who spelled psychotic - "sikotic"

We don't know, how good exactly Revan is, or anyone from KOTOR series.

Riverollv
Yes, but I mean judging him from the game...

Allankles
If we judged him from gameplay he and the Kotor era jedi would fare poorly against the PT Jedi or the NJO Jedi. But because we know that the gameplay is a limited representation of their abilities we relegate their supposed abilities to speculation.

xxXAcStylesXxx
You're tired? Go to sleep Papa Bear.

See now that was a error, nice pick up! thumb up

LordGrievous
Grievous owns everyone because he has four arms and a chip in his head that memorized all the lightsaber combat forms, and he is a killing machine(literally). there now argue because i know you will.

Apollo Cloud
He still lacks the advantages that the force offers.

LordGrievous
isn't this top ten LIGHTSABER duelists?

Count Makashi
But the Jedi can sense/predict danger(lightsaber strikes), GG cant, he is very good, but there are better.

LordGrievous
The computer in his brain analyzes enemies movies thus he can also predict their movies and he knows every lightsaber form.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by LordGrievous
The computer in his brain analyzes enemies movies thus he can also predict their movies and he knows every lightsaber form.

Like he did against Kenobi, great job of analyzing in that fight. JK.

LordGrievous
that doesn't count he got his lungs crushed like 2 hours earlier

Count Makashi
It was more then 2 hours and i was just kidding, but Kenobi is a better swordsman.

Darth Subjekt
2 hours earlier? Are you serious?

Apollo Cloud
You know, coming to think about it, a force sensitive Grievous would be pretty much untouchable with a bladed

LordGrievous
no it was an exgaretion as well but, think grievous runs away from mace then the ships launch....end of cartoon movie starts space battle blah blah blah kenobi and skywalker board the ship blah blah blah some droids get pwned blah blah blah grievous captures them they escape and grievous uses an escape pod. they crash the ship back on curascant blah blah blah plot stuff. kenobi goes to utapau.

vader11
Luke
Exar Kun
Yoda
Mace
Sidious
Anakin
Dooku
Bane
Obiwan
Maul

Galan007
Originally posted by Captain REX
1. LOTF Luke What's LOTF Luke mean, and what makes him so powerful, and a better duelist than the likes of Exar Kun, Windu, or Dooku?

Sorry if those are stupid questions, I just started getting into the SW novels. embarrasment

Kadesh
Originally posted by Galan007
What's LOTF Luke mean, and what makes him so powerful, and a better duelist than the likes of Exar Kun, Windu, or Dooku?

Sorry if those are stupid questions, I just started getting into the SW novels. embarrasment LOTF = legacy of the force, and luke has done things so amazing it puts him above every other character including killing thousands of yuuzhan vongs while making his lightsaber look like 20

Darth Martin
From what I know. Haven't read many post-ROTJ novels or comics.

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Mace Windu/Yoda
3. Mace Windu/Yoda
4. Darth Sidious
5. Darth Tyranus
6. Anakin Skywalker/Obi Wan Kenobi
7. Anakin Skywalker/Obi Wan Kenobi
8. Darth Maul
9. General Grievous
10. Kit Fisto

Darth Hord
Here is mine

1.Luke Skywalker
2.DE Sidious/ Kyle Katarn
3.DE Sidious/Kyle Katarn
4.Jacen Solo
5.Yoda
6.Mace Windu
7.Exar Kun/ROTS Anakin
8 Exar Kun/ROTS Anakin
9.Dooku
10.Kaism or ROTS Kenobi

There are others that are deserving but this my opinion off hand. Jacen could go anywhee between 4-6

Violent2Dope
1. Darth Nihilus
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Darth Sidious/Kyle Katarn
4. Jacen Solo
5. Mace Windu/Anakin Skywalker
6. Dooku
7. Exar Kun
8. Obi-Wan Kenobi
9. Darth Maul
10. Jar Jar Binks

Notice the jokes.

Darth Hord
Oh I noticed them and why in the hell is Jar Jar not number one he wtfpwns Nihilus any day mad

Violent2Dope
Oh I noticed them and why in the hell is Jar Jar not number one he wtfpwns Nihilus any day mad Your mother.

Darth Martin
I doubt Skywalker's skill beats that of Tyranus's. Just because he overpowered him doesn't mean he has superior skill.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I doubt Skywalker's skill beats that of Tyranus's. Just because he overpowered him doesn't mean he has superior skill.

You have to remember the duels(not including offensive force powers) doesn't go just by sheer blade work (as in slashes, stabs, twirls and etc) but other things like speed and power/strength are needed too. Anakin made Dooku's saber skills and force skills a "joke" by "deciding" to win. Anakin straight up beat him what more do you want from him?

qui-gon-fanboy
hmmm, tricky, this is geek

1) NJO Luke
2) Windu
3) Tulak Hord
4) Sidious/Yoda/Exar Kun
5) Sidious/Yoda/Exar Kun
6) Sidious/Yoda/Exar Kun
7) Kas'Im/Bane
8) Kas'Im/Bane
9) Katarn
10) Tyrannus/Kenobi

NateGreySummers
inpo:

Tulak Hord
Exar Kun
Ulic Qel-Droma
Kas'im
Darth Bane
Yoda
Darth Sidious
Mace Windu
Luke Skywalker
Kyle Katarn
Jacen Solo

((The_Anomaly))
1. TPM Anakin
2. Jabba the Hutt
3. Spongebob Squarepants
4. Danny Divito
5. Captian Jean luc Picard
6. Luke
7. That guy from 'Happy Gilmore' that says "You suck...ya jackass!"
8. Yoda
9. Optimus Prime
10. Peter Venkman

wolfpack86
1)NJO Luke/Yoda (I put Yoda here because he "does" disarm Sidious of his blade, proving that he is the better swordsman)
2)Sidious
3)Mace (I put Mace below Sidious because "I believe" that Sidious was putting on a show for Anakin)
4)Anakin ROTS (prior to dismemberment)
5)Jacen Solo
6)Darth Tyranus
7)Darth Maul
8)Exar Kun
9)Darth Bane
10)Obi Wan

Lord Knightfa11
mine:
c3p0
r2d2
t3m4
jar jar binks
droid corporal that got smacked in episode 1
jabba the hutt
disciple from kotor 2
tpm anakin ftw
rots luke (not a typo)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.