Jacen Solo's fan-picked Darth name?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Advent
I don't know how many know this already, but it's news to me.

I was skimming Jacen Solo's page on wookiepedia, read a few things, and then clicked on the article that features Sacrifice, a LotF book. I see under the external links is "Darth Who? Contest Information Page", which is obviously a contest, that apparently one, lucky fan get to choose Jacen Solo's upcoming Darth name:

"Now, YOU have a chance to be part of Star Wars history. Because this time, this privilege of naming the newest Sith Lord...is YOURS."

-- Starwars.com.

In my opinion, that's pretty idiotic considering most fan names I've heard sound like pure monkey shit (Darth Hellfire, Darth Guy, etc.), and aren't relevant to their back story whatsoever. I seriously do hope they know what they're doing, and pick a good name:

Darth Who?

I can only hope for the best.

Kas'Im
I actually think it's not that bad an idea. I mean, sure there will be loads that suck, but I'm sure there will be a few genius ideas.

Kas'Im
Darth Skywalker. smile

Lightsnake
Darth Evilicious.

Actually, this is a good thing...He's not Darth Krayt, WOOOHOO

Kas'Im
lol, I just realised that. Damn that sucks.

LightElement
whats wrong with him being krayt anyway even if he is not

Mišt
Nah that was his name, "Darth Who?", they've run out of Sith names so now they're stealing from other franchises.

LightElement
very true, the legacy era sith darth names sound stupid,

coolest darth name would be revan, andeddu and of course, vader

how but Darth Bolo? swap the b and the s so solo is bolo

Darth Scythe
Darth AIDS.

His apprentice can be Darth HIV.

Tangible God
Darth Washed-Up sounds good.

Darth Kreiger
Darth Funk, Dark Lord of the Disco! afro

Null ARC Avis
Seriously, Darth Aviates because he is making a refrecnce to Vader, a great pilot and also his dad, a great pilot.

Bespin Bart
So...he's a Flying Darth?

Darth names don't make reference to skill or something generic. It's gotta be something really personal. Darth Sidious was a conniving, insidious, plotting evil bastard. Darth Vader went to the Dark Side for the sake of his wife and his children. Dooku was a political tyrant. Darth Maul wanted to kill Jedi, and that's pretty much all he wanted to do.

They're all appropriate.

So, if someone wants to make the best name for Jacen, they'd do best to analyze Jacen as a whole. Why is he going to the Dark Side? What are his flaws? Who IS Jacen Solo?

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
So...he's a Flying Darth?

Darth names don't make reference to skill or something generic. It's gotta be something really personal. Darth Sidious was a conniving, insidious, plotting evil bastard. Darth Vader went to the Dark Side for the sake of his wife and his children. Dooku was a political tyrant. Darth Maul wanted to kill Jedi, and that's pretty much all he wanted to do.

They're all appropriate.

So, if someone wants to make the best name for Jacen, they'd do best to analyze Jacen as a whole. Why is he going to the Dark Side? What are his flaws? Who IS Jacen Solo?

Vader =Dutch for Father
Tyranous=Latin for Tyrant

Better explanation for your points wink

Captain REX
No, that's the blatant boring way. no expression

Darth Scythe
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Vader =Dutch for Father
Tyranous=Latin for Tyrant

Better explanation for your points wink

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/4941/sawki6.jpg

Sith Lord Windu
EDIT

overlord
Haha, awesome that you guys know dutch aswell, too bad the original Vader never had anything to do with being someones father. So the name has nothing to do with that coincidence.

Darth Subjekt
i think Revan would sound better pronounced Reevin, rather than the way Traya said it in a game. But thats just me. Who is gonna be Jecen's Master? Its not still Sidious is it? I was under the impression Han killed him once and for all.

Kas'Im
Lumiya.

Captain REX
Vader just sounded cool originally, but it's been retconned I'm sure. ermm

I always thought Revan was pronounced 'Reh-van.' I haven't played the game, so I dunno. But 'Ree-vin' doesn't make sense as for prouncing Revan. icon5

And Jacen's Master is Lumiya.

Quinlan_Vos
Man, this is crap. I am like what, a couple of years less than 18 so I can't submit!!! WTF, I have some good names. This is stupid!

starwarsfreak34
its got to be something relating to Jacen...
you've got Dark Father - Darth Vader... that was a nice spin...
then Sidious... Insidious...
Reven and Malak were there original names, but sound pretty good as sith names...

Personally i submitted 'Darth Jaxen' as mine, as its close to his own name but the harshness to it is symbolic of the path he's taking - like in future books hacking down enemies like swatting flies with his lightsaber...
course, mine's one in a the Force-knows how many possible names

Jaster_Mereel
Darth Natas!

((The_Anomaly))
How bout:

Darth Evil...

MEDVOCK
I submited Darth Torag

Captain REX
Why Torag?

MEDVOCK
Well Tor means rise, referring to his rise in power, and Rag means, I think, "to treat cruely"...

Which, come to think about it, should make the name "Torrag", but the tor could turn into a "to" making the meaning of the name, really, "to treat cruely".

I can't really think of anything better at the moment...

sad

zephiel7
Morgoth Bauglir

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Captain REX
Vader just sounded cool originally, but it's been retconned I'm sure. ermm

I always thought Revan was pronounced 'Reh-van.' I haven't played the game, so I dunno. But 'Ree-vin' doesn't make sense as for prouncing Revan. icon5

And Jacen's Master is Lumiya.

why did you bring that up? The name thing? I said that like a month ago...just curious.

Captain SEX
Originally posted by zephiel7
Morgoth Bauglir

No. Morgoth is, possily, one of the weakest super villains I've seen in awhile.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Captain SEX
No. Morgoth is, possily, one of the weakest super villains I've seen in awhile.

Melkor or Morgoth? If it is Melkor, lets say he could wipe his ass with all the Sith Lords at once...

And if you are sarcastic...haha stick out tongue

LORDSIDIOUS01
Don't know what his SDith name will be. I cannot wait

overlord
What a bunch of crappy names. They'd better use a random sith name generator.

Captain REX
Hopefully someone comes up with something really witty....

Blue_Hefner
Hey, how about something like Darth Lustro or some variation of it, meaning to cleanse by sacrifice

aldisyoyo
Darth Communist

Darth_Glentract
What about Darth Jacen? Nah, that's crap. Or Darth Carth? I think I'll submit Darth Glentract. It's simply the best Darth name ever.

DarthLazious
I put down Darth Malevolance.

Blue_Hefner
That's Really Original

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
Darth AIDS.

His apprentice can be Darth HIV.

HIV comes before AIDS, so Jacen would have to be Darth HIV

aldisyoyo
howabout, Darth Utter Crap

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Darth Evilicious.

Actually, this is a good thing...He's not Darth Krayt, WOOOHOO Jacen isn't Krayt, but I finally realize who is.

zephiel7
Darth complete failure at life.

Mic Assassin
Does anyone know of a cool sounding foreign translation of time?

Blue_Hefner
Chorno

Kadesh
Darth nebaris

Rampant ox
Darth Tyranus II

zephiel7
Darth SimusRagnosSadowKresshUlicKunMalakRevanSionNihilus
TrayaKopeczKaanQordisBaneZannahPlagueisSidiousTyra
nnusMaulVader

He would be the embodiment of the dark side.

Tangible God
Darth Chavez. Evil Incarnate.

Darth Sexy
I am anxious to know who Krayt is

Captain REX
He's Darth Krayt, goddammit. stick out tongue

When's this being voted on?

LORDSIDIOUS01
He's Darth Krayt, goddammit. stick out tongue

When's this being voted on? I wish he were Krayt. I think I know who is though.

Satauros
who do u think krayt is?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Satauros
who do u think krayt is? I'm not saying. Just wait and see. I just need to confirm something with a source.

Captain REX
No, I was saying Darth Krayt is Darth Krayt. No need to dig any further.

LORDSIDIOUS01
No, I was saying Darth Krayt is Darth Krayt. No need to dig any further. All of you will have my answer real soon.

Darth Sexy
As lightsnake pointed out, it's probably a Jedi who survived the Purge.

General Kenobl
QUINLAN VOS!!! Actually, hell no, that'll totally make me pissed if my favorite character turns into a wannabe Sith failure...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Vos is a poser.

Stun
You can vote for the 5 finalists on the OS, cant say i like 'em much, mine was better cool

LORDSIDIOUS01
How about Darth something. I will give my real answer real soon.

Blue_Hefner
Well, I personally think Paxis is the best.

Captain REX
For those too lazy to look it up...

Acheron - A river in Hell for those who deny justice
Caedus - A battle of darkness
Judicar - The final judge.
Paxis - Bringer of peace.
Taral - Ancient Sith for 'He who protects.'

I think Acheron sounds cool, but Paxis is quite fitting for Jacen. He wants to restore peace to the galaxy through force.

LORDSIDIOUS01
For those too lazy to look it up...

Acheron - A river in Hell for those who deny justice
Caedus - A battle of darkness
Judicar - The final judge.
Paxis - Bringer of peace.
Taral - Ancient Sith for 'He who protects.'

I think Acheron sounds cool, but Paxis is quite fitting for Jacen. He wants to restore peace to the galaxy through force.

That sounds cool. All these names.

Navex
At first, I didn't like any except Paxis but now after reading their definitions and stuff, those are pretty fitting names. I like Paxis and Judicar the best. Taral meaning-wise is interesting, but I just couldn't imagine it as the name to be chosen.

Advent
Seriously speaking, every single one of those names is horrible. They sound like they're out of a shitty fanfic. Fitting, perhaps, but none of them sound remotely cool in the least bit.

General G
Originally posted by Advent
Seriously speaking, every single one of those names is horrible. They sound like they're out of a shitty fanfic. Fitting, perhaps, but none of them sound remotely cool in the least bit.

yes

LORDSIDIOUS01
I know I know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.