DotA Strategy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trolly_crouchjr
Anyone got good strageys?
For those who dont know the game- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dota

Mišt
DotA Allstars pwns. I find the best strategy is to pick someone with higher strength, then you can start leveling up quicker, and can buy items to increase speed and what-not later on. I love Lucifer, favourite character. Hyperstone + Power Treads + Sacred Relic + LVL 3 Doom = pwned.

TricksterPriest
I love DOTA. It's the only WC3 game that gets better with age. My brother pioneered a winning strategy for early game. For the first few levels, say until 6 or so, buy the little things. Like Null jewels and bracers. Get 2 or 3 of those to start with, and you'll have a 12 point+ boost to your main stat to start with. The items that give you a 6 point boost to your main stat and 3 to the other 2 are the things to get. after a couple of levels, you can sell them for spare cash or keep them until you need room. But with this strat you can have early game dominance. Of course, you have to not die and not be a n00b at the game, but that's a requirement for every strategy, except techies suidicing.

peejayd
* for early game, use Circlet of Nobility to be pair with Gauntlets of Strength / Slippers of Agility / Mantle of Intelligence, to form Bracer / Wraith Band / Null Talisman, your choice...
Ring of Basilius (Ring of Protection & Sobi Mask) and
Headdress of Rejuvenation (Ring of Regeneration & Ironwood Branch) are good helps too...

* midgame, use
Vanguard (Ring of Health, Vitality Booster & Stout Shield),
Soul Booster (Vitality Booster, Energy Booster & Point Booster)...

* then if you have plenty of gold, buy these:
Bloodstone or much better, Aghanim's Scepter (Point Booster, Ogre Axe & Staff of Wizardry)
Heart of Tarrasque (Messerschmidt's Reaver & Vitality Booster)
Mjollnir (Maelstrom & Eaglehorn) or The Butterfly (Eaglehorn, Talisman of Evasion & Quarterstaff)...

* then pick an item with heavy damage, that should do it... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.