Can Vader use force lightning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Sorry if this has been done, I checked and saw no results. State your opinions and vote on the poll.

Canadadude
no, since he is more machine than man, he can not use force lighting. It would infer with his life support system

LightElement
well the ultimate guide stated he cant, he needs a organic arm i think to do so.

Darth Kreiger
Force Storm.....?

Kaos sebaceous
......same thing..

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
......same thing..

Calls lightning from the Sky, not the hands

Darth Sexy
it still comes from the hands, arcs up and down at its opponents

Darth Subjekt
no. he cant.

Ogami Itto
Why not ??? if R2 D2 can, why not Vader???

Chuck 444
Vader can't. I think lucas said when his arms get chopped off he loses the ability to perform force lightning. But he can choke the hell out of anybody

Darth Subjekt
R2 is a droid with that type of circuitry...Vader cant due to his prosthetic limbs. Not so much that, but mainly his life support system. I believe the emperor once said something about that when he thought vader was getting soft. Something about it being a shame to damage that delicate system, or something like that. Sids knew what he was doing when he made him, he knew he would turn on him after Padme died.

Ogami Itto
what they can't outfit Vaders suit with "that type of circuitry"??

tight bastards laughing he really did get a bum deal! Surely thats the no1 reason for becoming a sith - shooting lightning

Darth Subjekt
yea, he got jipped!!! Palps really is a bastard!

LightElement
ok firstly is some video game according to wiki, he demonstrated lightning different, it came from the air instead of his hands, master Ood did a similar thing in dark empire 2.

but why bother to argue about this? he doesnt use that variation anyways, he doesnt favour lightning but favours crush and grip

Darth Subjekt
in the ROTS video game, he uses it like normal, which GL already stated he cannot do, so games cant be really considered canon. Otherwise, Anakin kills Mace, can shoot lightning, and kills OB1 and Sidious to take over the galaxy.

See where im going?

Darth Scythe
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
Why not ??? if R2 D2 can, why not Vader???

I was going to laugh then I realized that was a serious question. Now I'm just kind of shocked.

LightElement
subject this is a different variation of lightning

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
I was going to laugh then I realized that was a serious question. Now I'm just kind of shocked.

Shocked eh?Aren't we the comedian stick out tongue

laughing out loud laughing out loud I WAS joking you chump

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by LightElement
subject this is a different variation of lightning

i'm showing that games cant be canon becasue in ROTS VG he uses regular lighting.

Kas'Im
If anything, he can use telekenesis to pull down some lightning from the sky.

overlord
Yes yes yes! Saw him do it in a comic! dance

Darth Subjekt
no.

LightElement
Originally posted by Kas'Im
If anything, he can use telekenesis to pull down some lightning from the sky.

considering that vader is one of the most powerful sith lords, im sure he can do that kind of thing, and also the fact that vader uses his sorroundings to kill his enemies

Ganner Rhysode
Except lightning is not a physical THING that can be controlled via telekenisis.

Picking up an object across the room and chucking it into someone is one thing, manipulating energy that isn't tangible is a whole 'nother.

LightElement
well your arguements fall when i tell you that master odd did the same thing i described as vader doing ,

Advent
Originally posted by LightElement
well your arguements fall when i tell you that master odd did the same thing i described as vader doing ,

How does his argument "fall"? Because Ood Bnar never actually did the same thing that you are saying Vader had done. Ood had drawn on the planet's energy that he apparently had only established once he had rooted himself into the planet:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/773/oodenergywi5.th.jpg

"using powers that had laid dormant in him for thousands of years...Ood draws on the living energy of the planet in which he has sunks his roots..." So, as it would imply, Ood could only do that because he'd been able to root himself into the planet, as well it probably had to do with his species (or just maybe the fact he rooted himself, too) because as the omniscient narrator describes it: "powers that had laid dormant".

And I should also note that what he did killed himself anyways, so it was a suicide, lol (due to Sedriss). Plus, let Vader - in a mechanical suit that is a conduit for electricity - try to bring some lightning around without getting owned.

Sedriss might be a different story. Though, Kyp Durron was able to direct lightning in Jedi Academy: Leviathan, but as noted - only able to direct it as it was during a natural lightning storm, so that's a different story.

VadersElements
ok well then what about the one wiki described him doing, which comes directly from the air? might be similar to kyps

darth_fidelis
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Except lightning is not a physical THING that can be controlled via telekenisis.

Picking up an object across the room and chucking it into someone is one thing, manipulating energy that isn't tangible is a whole 'nother.

ya but vader can stop blasts from a blaster rifle which is a form of manipulating energy so why cant he use force lighting?
and im suer electricity is pretty tangible when you are surrounded by machines 24/7
why doesnt he just manipulate the energy around him

(by the way jacen solo and vader were some of the only force users that had the ability to stop lasers fired from a blaster rifle)

Darth Subjekt
electricity is never tangible cause you can pick it up and carry, you cant feel it. You can feel it's affects, but you cant feel the actual lightning. Energy can be manipulated and conformed to the necessary need of it. You can resist it, and change voltage, or intensify it to form "lightning". Its not at all tangible. When my friend got hit by it, it left no entrance wounds or exit wounds, cause its not tangible, it cant physically pierce anything. Vader can not produce lightning. One might think that his metal hands would be a good conductor for it, but the VD clearly states that's the REASON he can NOT do it. There is no reason to debate it. You've never seen him do it in the movies, the VD states that he can't, so what's there to argue?

darth_fidelis
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
electricity is never tangible cause you can pick it up and carry, you cant feel it. You can feel it's affects, but you cant feel the actual lightning. Energy can be manipulated and conformed to the necessary need of it. You can resist it, and change voltage, or intensify it to form "lightning". Its not at all tangible. When my friend got hit by it, it left no entrance wounds or exit wounds, cause its not tangible, it cant physically pierce anything. Vader can not produce lightning. One might think that his metal hands would be a good conductor for it, but the VD clearly states that's the REASON he can NOT do it. There is no reason to debate it. You've never seen him do it in the movies, the VD states that he can't, so what's there to argue?

well then how does any other sith lord creat lightning?
im guessing the law of conservation of energy doesnt apply to the star wars galaxy

Darth Subjekt
Its simply not up for debate. VD says he cant do it. Period. The ones who do it, have real limbs, not atificial limbs that are attached to circuitry that keeps them alive.

darth_fidelis
ok i just want questions answered like why the dont they just outfit his gloves with one of the arc blaster things in battlefront II

Captain REX
Oh, not this again...

Vader CAN NOT use Lightning. It has been noted almost everywhere in EU, with the exception of Splinter of the Mind's Eye, in which the Vader lightning usage is considered non-canon. It was written before ESB was, go figure.

In any case, Vader himself has said he cannot do it.

darth_fidelis
ok w/e i was just debating for the sake of debating.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.