Ryu and Terry Bogard vs M. Bison and Wolfgang Krauser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
The Ansatsuken warrior and the Wild Wolf have some serious problems. The Shadowlaw boss and the Stroheim nobleman has joined forces to try and take them out.

But instead of Bison and Krauser going after their respective rivals, it's vice versa. Bison will fight Terry while Ryu will fight Krauser.

Stage: Osaka Arena, CvSNK2

Remulous
Ryu and Terry of course, well if this is their most current versions any way.

aysongail
Hero Type Like Terry & Ryu surely will win in fact they are Equal so it doesn't matter if terry fights bison & ryu fights krauser....

brainchild81
Ryu & Terry for the win. Either of them could beat Krauser, but I don't see Terry beating Bison. Ryu'd have to help him after he finished Krauser off

P-Geyser
I think Terry can beat Bison. Terry and Ryu all the way.

shin_remy
Well i don't think Terry or Ryu can defeat M.Bison
Ryu and Terry can beat Krauser.

If Krauser is defeated by Ryu OR Terry and they are going to tagteam to beat M.Bison, then they will beat M.Bison

TricksterPriest
Let's assume that Snafu put all of them at their highest levels of power. For Bison, that's SFA3, with Psycho Drive. Krauser, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. Ryu, SF3: 3rd Impact. And Terry, KOFXI.

Gameplay: Bad guys. I like Terry and Ryu, but Krauser not only has a deadly rave super, but he has 3 possible enders, one of which is his gigantic cyclone dm, which doesn't burn anymore stocks. Bison, at SFA3, was insanely strong. We all agree Shin Bison was incredibly strong and his psycho drive crusher was insane.

HOWEVER, if we use a less powerful Bison, from CVS2, for example, then it's harder to call. I still think Krauser can take Ryu gameplaywise. Bison vs. Terry is really hard to call. On Tiers, Bison is clearly stronger, but with good gaming, Terry could win. I think it would come down to whose super has priority.

Storywise, with Shin Bison, bad guys. With CVS2 Bison, Good guys, but very hard battle.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Let's assume that Snafu put all of them at their highest levels of power. For Bison, that's SFA3, with Psycho Drive. Krauser, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. Ryu, SF3: 3rd Impact. And Terry, KOFXI.

Gameplay: Bad guys. I like Terry and Ryu, but Krauser not only has a deadly rave super, but he has 3 possible enders, one of which is his gigantic cyclone dm, which doesn't burn anymore stocks. Bison, at SFA3, was insanely strong. We all agree Shin Bison was incredibly strong and his psycho drive crusher was insane.

HOWEVER, if we use a less powerful Bison, from CVS2, for example, then it's harder to call. I still think Krauser can take Ryu gameplaywise. Bison vs. Terry is really hard to call. On Tiers, Bison is clearly stronger, but with good gaming, Terry could win. I think it would come down to whose super has priority.

Storywise, with Shin Bison, bad guys. With CVS2 Bison, Good guys, but very hard battle.

Good Analysis

TricksterPriest
Thanks P. Slight mistake. I meant Fatal Fury:Real Bout for Krauser. He's not in NGBC. sweat Oops.

Off topic for a sec, Krauser's gotten screwed. He hasn't been in an snk game since KOF96 and Real bout. BRING BACK THE EARL OF STROLHEIM! 96' BOSS TEAM! 96' BOSS TEAM! 96' BOSS TEAM! Seriously, he was a great character. Mr. Big gets to come back, but not Krauser? Gip.

P-Geyser
I agree. Krauser in RBS was a beast...better than his 96 conterpart thats for sure. Terry and the rest of the FF characters are better in their own game then in KOF.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by brainchild81
Ryu & Terry for the win. Either of them could beat Krauser, but I don't see Terry beating Bison. Ryu'd have to help him after he finished Krauser off

Game wise, Bison falls victim to repeated and well timed Crack shots. It works for me all the time. Ryu can beat the real bout krauser, if Terry did YEARS ago.

TricksterPriest
Only an idiot playing Bison would lose because of one tactic. Bison is considered the #4 character in CVS2. Behind A-groove Sakura at 3, any groove Sagat at 2 and Blanka at 1. RC Psycho crusher storms through crack shoot.

2nd, Terry barely beat Krauser. Krauser had been resting on his laurels for a long time before Terry beat him. Krauser is one of the top guys in the KOF world, it's just that SNK hasn't had him in a game for a long time. Krauser, as P-Geyser could tell you, is a monster in the games he is in. Krauser is at least twice as strong as he was when Terry beat him.

brainchild81
Terry is that much stronger now too though. He'd fustigate KrauserOriginally posted by shin_remy

If Krauser is defeated by Ryu OR Terry and they are going to tagteam to beat M.Bison, then they will beat M.Bison Pretty much. I think Bison's being slept on here. Terry just ain't beating him by himself & Ryu probably wouldn't either. If he did, he'd have a reealy hard time doing it. Bison is very powerful. Don't think he's weak just 'cause Akuma'd f**k him up

TricksterPriest
Well, Bison wasn't at full power when Gouki killed him, and 2nd, Ryu never fought Bison at his full power. Gouki ****s everyone up. There isn't a fighter in SF with the exception of Oro who's on his level. And Oro is up in the air as far as we know. Gouki also ****ed up Gill, but he left without seeing Gill ressurect from the shun goku satsu. And Bison is stated by Capcom as being more powerful than Gill when he was at full strength. Bison is being slept on because people equate him with the SF2 or the CVS2 Bison. We're talking SFA Bison, maybe even Street Fighter: the animated movie Bison in terms of power. No way Ryu beats this guy easily. Terry could do well, but even he would have to go all out to beat Shin Bison. And his winning is sure as hell not set in stone.

aysongail
IMO Terry Can beat Bison Y?
Terry Beat Geese single handedly
Terry Beat Also Krauser single handedly
Ryu Can bEat Krauser y?
ryu beat Bison w/ a help of Ken? (w8 i think ryu beat bison own his own)
Ryu Beat Gill. Now There's no reason to doubt Terry & Ryu fight bosses Vice Versa IMO...

Tha C-Master
I must be the only one seeing Ryu and Terry losing. Ryu has teamed up against Bison and fallen many times. I don't see him quite that level yet, or Terry for that matter. I'm even willing to argue that an angry Bison can put them both down.

Ryu sure isn't on Gill's level.

Well, Bison wasn't at full power when Gouki killed him, and 2nd, Ryu never fought Bison at his full power. Gouki ****s everyone up. There isn't a fighter in SF with the exception of Oro who's on his level. And Oro is up in the air as far as we know. Gouki also ****ed up Gill, but he left without seeing Gill ressurect from the shun goku satsu. And Bison is stated by Capcom as being more powerful than Gill when he was at full strength. Bison is being slept on because people equate him with the SF2 or the CVS2 Bison. We're talking SFA Bison, maybe even Street Fighter: the animated movie Bison in terms of power. No way Ryu beats this guy easily. Terry could do well, but even he would have to go all out to beat Shin Bison. And his winning is sure as hell not set in stone.

I agree.

brainchild81
Originally posted by aysongail
IMO Terry Can beat Bison Y?
Terry Beat Geese single handedly
He's not beating Bison. Bison is on a H.N.L. Geese only lost because he underestimated Terry.Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I must be the only one seeing Ryu and Terry losing. Ryu has teamed up against Bison and fallen many times. I don't see him quite that level yet, or Terry for that matter. I'm even willing to argue that an angry Bison can put them both down.
I'm starting to lean towards this also. I said from the start that Bison was being underestimated. Terry would lose to Bison & Wolfgang would lose to Ryu. Bison will likely have less damage than Ryu will anyway. Bison could take this. Still, If Ryu could somehow finish off Krauser before Bison could finish off Terry, Bison may have a rough time dealing w/the both of them together

2D_MASTER
Only an idiot playing Bison would lose because of one tactic. Bison is considered the #4 character in CVS2. Behind A-groove Sakura at 3, any groove Sagat at 2 and Blanka at 1. RC Psycho crusher storms through crack shoot.

2nd, Terry barely beat Krauser. Krauser had been resting on his laurels for a long time before Terry beat him. Krauser is one of the top guys in the KOF world, it's just that SNK hasn't had him in a game for a long time. Krauser, as P-Geyser could tell you, is a monster in the games he is in. Krauser is at least twice as strong as he was when Terry beat him.

Well I bet i could beat you with bison. Bison doesnt do well against terry (espeically the cpu) and ive played some pretty good bison players. they cant touch my terry.

TricksterPriest
As I pointed out, Snafu did not tell which version and power levels he was using. IF HE WOULD BE SO KIND AS TO STEP IN *hint hint*, we could find out which Bison, Ryu, etc, etc, he meant. The whole fight is really riding on Bison. There is a huge difference between SFA3 Bison and CVS2 Bison. We know how strong Krauser is, and how strong Ryu and Terry are. Krauser can probably beat Ryu, Terry is harder to call. The two are relatively equal. Contrary to popular belief, Terry beating Krauser again is not a certainty. Ryu is probably at SF3: 3rd Impact level. Which puts on par with Krauser, maybe slightly more powerful.

But none of them are more powerful than Bison at his max.

So...., will the real Major Snafu, please stand up and tell us which Bison it is?

shin_remy
Originally posted by shin_remy

If Krauser is defeated by Ryu OR Terry and they are going to tagteam to beat M.Bison, then they will beat M.Bison

Terry and Ryu have to tagteam to beat m.Bison. or else they have no chance

P-Geyser
I get the feeling that Terry is is made to look like the weakest link.

P-Geyser
Terry as well defeated Geese fair and square. Geese may have underestamted him a little, but not that much like Krauser did.

TricksterPriest
A possibility. But then again, consider the company he's keeping. I personally believe Ryu and not Terry is the weak link. My view of it is thus:

1. M. Bison. Indisputably and undeniably the most powerful fighter here. Only an outright fool would dispute that one.

2. Tie between Krauser and Terry. Krauser might be a little stronger, but not by much.

3. Ryu. Ryu is the least experienced and IMO the weakest link. Still very strong, but these fellows are living legends.

P-Geyser
A possibility. But then again, consider the company he's keeping. I personally believe Ryu and not Terry is the weak link. My view of it is thus:

1. M. Bison. Indisputably and undeniably the most powerful fighter here. Only an outright fool would dispute that one.

2. Tie between Krauser and Terry. Krauser might be a little stronger, but not by much.

3. Ryu. Ryu is the least experienced and IMO the weakest link. Still very strong, but these fellows are living legends.

Ryu the weakest link(shudders to think what the others are going to say) I will admit I may have overlooked Bison and that was wrong for me to do.

TricksterPriest
Like I said earlier, that rating is dependent on which Bison it is. I am assuming, along with a few others, this is the SFA3 Bison, his highest power level. If it's the CVS2 Bison, then It's Krauser/Terry, Ryu, Bison. Where the hell is Major Snafu? He needs to get here and clear this up. Yep, I'm gonna get flamed out the ass for this one...... oh well. smokin'

Tha C-Master
Perhaps the levels of the SF'ers should be placed at the beginning of the thread?

TricksterPriest
I actually did ask Snafu to come and clear this up in a pm. He hasn't been on today, so it might be awhile.

Major Snafu
I actually did ask Snafu to come and clear this up in a pm. He hasn't been on today, so it might be awhile.

Ryu - Capcom vs SNK 2 version

Terry - Garou version

Bison - Capcom vs SNK 2 version w/Psycho Drive from Alpha 3

Krauser - Boss Team, KOF

TricksterPriest
Ok, Bad guys still take this. But mostly cause of Bison. That's the weaker version of Krauser. The stronger one was in Real Bout. And Terry is stronger than that version of Krauser.

Major Snafu
Ok, Bad guys still take this. But mostly cause of Bison. That's the weaker version of Krauser. The stronger one was in Real Bout. And Terry is stronger than that version of Krauser.

I gave Bison his CvSNK2 appearance rather than his Alpha 3 appearance because said incarnation sucked.

TricksterPriest
So why the weaker version of Krauser? I'm cool with Bison.

brainchild81
Originally posted by P-Geyser
I get the feeling that Terry is is made to look like the weakest link. Not to me. As I said, Krauser will get FUBARed by any of the characters in this battle. Terry beat his @$$ back in the day and Terry's gotten even better since. He'd beat him even worse now. Ryu would beat the s**t outta Krauser's purple haired @$$Originally posted by TricksterPriest

3. Ryu. Ryu is the least experienced and IMO the weakest link. Still very strong, but these fellows are living legends. That was unexpected. Ryu's been a legend for the longest.
1. Bison-it's gonna take @ least 2 to take him and that might not even work
2. Ryu-Muthaf**ka don't do s**t but train all the time.
3. Terry. Dude trains almost as much as Ryu but is smart enough to know that the fight isn't really all.
4. Krauser-A has been who got his @ss handed to him by a much less experienced Terry. Bison might just kill him from the start and fight them by himself smile

Major Snafu

I second what brainchild says about Ryu.

Out of all the four Ryu has the most experience. Street Fighter came out long before Fatal Fury, so technically, Ryu is the most experienced of the good guys (Street Fighter's been around for about 15 years) and Terry comes a VERY close second, while Bison is the most experienced of the bad guys. Geese is second IMO while Krauser is third.

TricksterPriest
I don't see Ryu as having the versatility to beat Krauser easily. He can beat him, but then he'll be drained for when he faces Bison, who I'm sure will probably beat Terry. I consider Krauser to be more powerful than Geese, but in terms of fighting skill and potential, the two are just about equal. You really should use the Real Bout Krauser, like I said, he's far more powerful than the KOF one. I'll give you that Ryu can beat the KOF one, but I'm not sure he can beat that one. Krauser is being seriously slept on here. Terry and Ryu are just about equal, but this being the Garou terry, he's got a big experience advantage, which I think puts him on par with Krauser, maybe a little bit behind him. Just because Krauser is getting screwed by SNK doesn't mean he's weak. It means SNK is stupid. 96 Boss team is still considered one of the most popular teams of all time in KOF, and like I said, that's not even the strongest version of Krauser.

Remulous
I dont think the CVS2 version of Ryu is a good version. Neither is Bisons.

TricksterPriest
I already pointed out the strongest versions of each of the 4 characters earlier in the thread. If Snafu wants to use these versions, it's his show. We know that some of them aren't at full power.

Remulous
Well, since for some reason nearly none of the characters in this match up are at their best exept for Terry, the good guys are gonna take it.The 3rd strike Ryu could go toe to toe with just about any one in in their best versions in this match up just like the Garou Terry and the best version of Bison was Super Bison of alpha 3 and Kruaser's was the Real Bout version. If this is game play wise then no one wins becuase in the end it all boils down to who the player is best with. Im best with the good guys so im still gonna say the good guys.

TricksterPriest
I'm still going with the bad guys, but I'm beginning to think Snafu doesn't trust our opinions. We have said 3 or 4 times which versions are full power and he went with the lesser versions. And gameplay wise, the bad guys still take it, but very narrowly. With the versions I said, bad guys win by a good deal more.

Major Snafu
I'm still going with the bad guys, but I'm beginning to think Snafu doesn't trust our opinions. We have said 3 or 4 times which versions are full power and he went with the lesser versions. And gameplay wise, the bad guys still take it, but very narrowly. With the versions I said, bad guys win by a good deal more.

I resent that. I do respect other people's opinions, but coming from personal experience, it doesn't matter about power. It's all in the skill, and how the person who plays with them uses them. I've seen guys use the weakest characters and win with them.

TricksterPriest
Sorry. But it does seem like the good guys are being favored here. Gameplaywise, it's harder to call, but I think Ryu is better than this version of Krauser. Terry is still screwed against Bison.

brainchild81
Gameplaywise, it's harder to call, but I think Ryu is better than this version of Krauser. Terry is still screwed against Bison. ditto

P-Geyser
Sorry. But it does seem like the good guys are being favored here. Gameplaywise, it's harder to call, but I think Ryu is better than this version of Krauser. Terry is still screwed against Bison.

I dont think so... meaning about the good guys being favored. Bison seems to be owning everyone and it sounds like to me Terry and Krauser are looking like the weakest links no expression

Kaled
this is one of the threads i just can't make up my mind no expression one the one hand, but then the other.......

TricksterPriest
Ok, maybe that was wrong. Bison having the drive means he's probably too strong for them. I still think Ryu would be the weak link against RBS Krauser. And that Terry is better. wink

Remulous
Originally posted by Major Snafu
I resent that. I do respect other people's opinions, but coming from personal experience, it doesn't matter about power. It's all in the skill, and how the person who plays with them uses them. I've seen guys use the weakest characters and win with them. That's what I've been saying all along. Dude, you and me are on the same page, the players skill is what detrmines a match. Which is why gameplay maches are no good.

brainchild81
Ok, maybe that was wrong. Bison having the drive means he's probably too strong for them. I still think Ryu would be the weak link against RBS Krauser. And that Terry is better. wink Nah. It won't matter though because Bison will kick asses regardless of who's the better of the 2

TricksterPriest
Dude, to take on Bison with the drive, you'd need at least Goenitz and the Orochi new face team. Though, maybe the new face team could do it if they went orochi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.