Spiderman vs. Dark Claw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Yay! Ok.

Fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse/factory.
Ten minutes prep for both sides.

Dark Claw

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/DC/200px-Dark_claw.jpg

Scenario One

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/250px-Spider-man.jpg

Scenerio Two

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/180px-SMCW.jpg

SpunkySmurph
Dark Claw:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Claw

Endless Mike
I'm pretty sure Spidey beats him, but it's been a while since I read Amalgam.

Superboy Prime
I am not too sure about that. We're basically talking about Logan with all of Batman's resources.

Ultraman Baltan
Scenario 1: Spiderman makes Dark Claw his gimp.
Scenario 2: Dark Claw wins after a long fight.

Darth Martin
Dark Claw takes both scenarios w// him if he has Logan's abilities with Batman's arsenal.

marvelprince
Spider-Man wins both scenarios. This is basically the same thing as Wolverine vs Spider-Man except Wolverine has no enhanced physical abilities here but possesses a genuis level IQ. I doubt that IQ will help much along in this fight

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by marvelprince
Spider-Man wins both scenarios. This is basically the same thing as Wolverine vs Spider-Man except Wolverine has no enhanced physical abilities here but possesses a genuis level IQ. I doubt that IQ will help much along in this fight

Bats' IQ always helps him in fights.
He's still peak human, and probably better

I think he stands a fair chance

marvelprince
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Bats' IQ always helps him in fights.
He's still peak human, and probably better

I think he stands a fair chance

Bats IQ usually only gives him a great advantage when he's fighting idiots. Put him up against someone who's almost as smart as him isn't gonna help him much. Unless of course you mean tactical smarts which Wolverine already has in spades but which doesn't help him much in his encounters against Spider-Man, who I'll reinterate is not an idiot.

Wolverine alone is above peak human. As Darkclaw his stats take a hit. So the barrier between Spider-Man's abilities and his just got even wider.

Never said he didn't stand a chance. Just said he won't win

Soljer
Bats IQ usually only gives him a great advantage when he's fighting idiots. Put him up against someone who's almost as smart as him isn't gonna help him much. Unless of course you mean tactical smarts which Wolverine already has in spades but which doesn't help him much in his encounters against Spider-Man, who I'll reinterate is not an idiot.

Wolverine alone is above peak human. As Darkclaw his stats take a hit. So the barrier between Spider-Man's abilities and his just got even wider.

I wouldn't be too sure. Spiderman has shown to have some difficulties with extremely skilled enemies. You take Logan's skill, AND 127 different martial arts? Plus Batman's tactical prowess to more of...study an opponent, rather than having your plan be "scream, stab, and say 'bub'" could certainly turn the tide.

I'll likely give Spiderman the majority, but not a LARGE one.

Metalmanx

Agreed.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Soljer
I wouldn't be too sure. Spiderman has shown to have some difficulties with extremely skilled enemies. You take Logan's skill, AND 127 different martial arts? Plus Batman's tactical prowess to more of...study an opponent, rather than having your plan be "scream, stab, and say 'bub'" could certainly turn the tide.

I'll likely give Spiderman the majority, but not a LARGE one.

Well Logan is already a master of most of the styles (known and unknown) out there. Spider-Man may be shown to have trouble with skilled fighters, but other times he punks them so I won't even get into that. Don't underestimate Wolverine, most writers only have drink, smoke and say bub but he's a tactical genuis and an excellent strategist (I believe he has implants that help with those). Darkclaw just doesn't bring much more to the table that Wolverine didn't have before except a reduction of physical skills, some gadgets and a higher IQ. Not a curbstop at all but I say Spider-Man wins at LEAST 7/10 times

SpunkySmurph
Well Logan is already a master of most of the styles (known and unknown) out there. Spider-Man may be shown to have trouble with skilled fighters, but other times he punks them so I won't even get into that. Don't underestimate Wolverine, most writers only have drink, smoke and say bub but he's a tactical genuis and an excellent strategist (I believe he has implants that help with those). Darkclaw just doesn't bring much more to the table that Wolverine didn't have before except a reduction of physical skills, some gadgets and a higher IQ. Not a curbstop at all but I say Spider-Man wins at LEAST 7/10 times

So you say.

I think, if Batman fights smart, he can alone get at least a 2/10, and thats being very mean. stick out tongue

I don't look at it as Wolverine-physical stats+plus some intelligence.

I look at it like this:

Batman + Adamantium Skeleton + Adamantium Claws + Amazing Senses + Amazing Healing Factor.

That, with all of his gadgets, intelligence, tactical mastery and resourcefullness. This is by no means a curbstomp.

Now, I don't profess to have alot of knowledge about Dark Claw. If someone could post some good scans, I believe it's highly likely that he DOES have his enhanced agility and such.

brainchild81
Bats' IQ always helps him in fights. Read that crossover where he fought Carnage. His IQ didn't keep Carnage from having his @$$ dead to rights.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by brainchild81
Read that crossover where he fought Carnage. His IQ didn't keep Carnage from having his @$$ dead to rights.

Don't bring up crossovers.

On a moral principle, and out of self-respect, I don't even like to consider most crossovers cannon.

It might have been that same one when Joker knocked out Carnage with a crowbar.

SpunkySmurph
bump

Tha C-Master
Carnage would take Batman and Joker's ass to the bank and cash a check in a straight-up fight.

Originally posted by Soljer

I'll likely give Spiderman the majority, but not a LARGE one. All of these "extremely skilled enemies" are also super-popular ones. Spiderman has shown to have trouble with Vulture as well. Doesn't mean as much in a theoretical match up to their best of their abilities.

It's not the number of styles you use, but how you use one. Spiderman has the abilitiy to keep him out of his range. However, Dark Claw is a more fearsome opponent and has what it takes to keep Spiderman on his toes as well.

marvelprince
So you say.

Yes. Yes I do say

I think, if Batman fights smart, he can alone get at least a 2/10, and thats being very mean. stick out tongue

And this is where I know all hope is lost

I don't look at it as Wolverine-physical stats+plus some intelligence.

I look at it like this:

Batman + Adamantium Skeleton + Adamantium Claws + Amazing Senses + Amazing Healing Factor.

That, with all of his gadgets, intelligence, tactical mastery and resourcefullness. This is by no means a curbstomp.

I took all of this into account already. Fact of the matter is Batman for all his tech, gadgets and so forth can't match up to Spider-Man's physically superiority. Look how Zeiss handles Batman. And his enhancements are nowhere near Spider-man's level

Now, I don't profess to have alot of knowledge about Dark Claw. If someone could post some good scans, I believe it's highly likely that he DOES have his enhanced agility and such.

My best friend had Dark Claw issues. From what I've read (and I admit that was a few years ago), I can't remember anything to imply that Dark Claw has any enhanced physical abilities

Dreampanther

Dreampanther
This is not gonna be a walk-over by any means. In fact, I was going to vote 7/10 in Spiderman's favour, but now I am not so sure anymore. Thing is, I've only ever read one Darkclaw comic, so I don't have any feel for the character, besides what I got from Wiki, and what I know about Bruce and Logan.

Because I know Spiderman so well, I am going to say that Darkclaw won't overpower him by any means - but I am also going to say that it could be a very nasty, brutal fight.

Darkclaw should be able to counter Spidey's webs, which leaves Peter's strenth, speed, agility and brains against Darkclaw's healing, claws, adamantium, fighting skills and IQ.

I would say Spidey would be stronger and faster, definitely more agile, but would that be enough? I am not 100% sure. Sure I think he COULD win, but WOULD he? Damn, this is difficult. Please, somebody, convince me Spidey can win this!

no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.