look who's got better legs in the box office... haha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MattDay
Batman begins brought more in overall on the 102nd day of release but superman returns is bringing in more than double on average per day a 7 days leading up to this latest discovery... lets hope its legs keep on going strong

roughrider
The thing is, BB cost anywhere between $60-100 million less to produce. It looks more profitable.
The comparisons will be between SR and X-Men 3, because that was the film Bryan Singer passed up. X3 has already won the box office battle.

MattDay
u keep saying that like it means it puts more asses on seats... it doesn't, no one cares how much the film cost, more people worldwide paid to see superman returns, can't take it, the blow it out ya ass as ludacris says

brainchild81
Grow up dude. Maturity is awesome! The people who make the film care about how much they spent on it. The filmmakers have the last say. Supes was high risk, low return. Batman was low risk, high return.

batdude123
Batman Begins was a better film. 'Nuff said.

Darth Ravenous
Batman Begins owns Superman Returns.

brainchild81
ditto twice

MattDay
forumers these days, sometimes i jsut wanna reach into my screen, pull ur dorky head through and punch u mroe stupid than u are, ur looking at it squared, the idea of a bigger return, regardless of anything other than that, superman brought in more dough, i think people are inlove with batman begins too much, fcuking losers

Mr Parker
Originally posted by batdude123
Batman Begins was a better film. 'Nuff said.

amen to that.

brainchild81
Originally posted by MattDay
forumers these days, sometimes i jsut wanna reach into my screen, pull ur dorky head through and punch u mroe stupid than u are, ur looking at it squared, the idea of a bigger return, regardless of anything other than that, superman brought in more dough, i think people are inlove with batman begins too much, fcuking losers or maybe you're a silly Supes fanboy that can't handle that your beloved Supes underperformed @ the box office. You wanna punch people now because of words they type on a screen about a movie? That's some powerful stupid ya got there boy. laughing Fanboys these days

smiley8
Originally posted by MattDay
forumers these days, sometimes i jsut wanna reach into my screen, pull ur dorky head through and punch u mroe stupid than u are, ur looking at it squared, the idea of a bigger return, regardless of anything other than that, superman brought in more dough, i think people are inlove with batman begins too much, fcuking losers

Hey, i love supes too and thought returns was good but youve got to be honest with yourself and say begins was way better.......... it got an applause in the cinema i was in and ive never heard an applause in a cinema before!

Avalonofthewind
I enjoyed both flicks. BB returns was slightly better but I look forward to sequels from both movies.

NoFate007
I thought both were good....but BB is the king of comic book movies.

MattDay
there we go, i agree that batman begins felt more easy to get along with as u dont have to know/remember/guess what's going on unlike with some parts in superman returns, i think batman has the best comic book movie so far, closely followed by superman and spiderman, don't know who comes second so i'll leave it at batman No.1 then them other popular heroes, but it's still early days for the comic book overtake of hollywood, and sequels of course

MattDay
oh and sorry for the backlash post i did, just when peoples opinions, which of course are entitled to, arent justified at all, like a prejudiced remark towards a subject, then when asked, dont make any sense of there idea of how it should of happened, but it's nice to see people taking a relative stand point since my out burst lol

snoopdogg
SR has already made more money than BB world wide. And Both of these were good movies but I give slight edge to BB mostly due to better actors. Freeman and Caine sure helped it alot.

And the Marvel movies like DD, FF, Hulk and X-men have awesome opening weekends but tend to fall flat on their face afterwords. Fantastic Four and Hulk for example has better weekends than BB and SR but the DC movies blew them away at the end.

MattDay
lets hope BB and SR have great sequels to follow them up with!

Big Sexy
BB owns SR. They are no where near eachother as far as the better movie.

brainchild81
Ditto. To say otherwise is an insult to BB.

Gregory
In point of fact, Batman Begins and Superman Returns were very similar in terms of world-wide gross profits: $371,853,783 (Batman) vs $391,081,192 (Superman).

You want to know what amuses me? MattDay's grammer started out as barely passible (for an internet forum). In his next post, his grammer is worse, and in his third post, he's obviously so apoplectic with rightous anger that he can barely see to type. Calm down, dude; it's just a movie.

MattDay
lol i dont think my writing is THAT bad? I thought they did DC justice (Both) movies have made marvel think about it and have responded with a butt load of movies, i dont think any of them other than spiderman 3 can mirror their success.

brainchild81
Success? X-Men 3 was just as bad as Supes Returns and it made waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Supes Returns? BB might have made Marvel think about something, but they'd been planning on pushing out a bunch of movies in the 1st place. Only thing Supes made them think was "Arad was right". Arad said a long time ago that X-Men 3's audience would be larger than Supes Returns. Spidey 3 don't have to mirror anything. It's automatically gonna make more than both(Possibly put together). Considering the track record, it's probably going to be better or @least as good as BB. SR isn't even on the radar in terms of anything. Next time they should forget about the Donner films and make something new.

MattDay
disagree with everything u said, total gibberish

Big Sexy
Originally posted by brainchild81
Success? X-Men 3 was just as bad as Supes Returns and it made waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Supes Returns? BB might have made Marvel think about something, but they'd been planning on pushing out a bunch of movies in the 1st place. Only thing Supes made them think was "Arad was right". Arad said a long time ago that X-Men 3's audience would be larger than Supes Returns. Spidey 3 don't have to mirror anything. It's automatically gonna make more than both(Possibly put together). Considering the track record, it's probably going to be better or @least as good as BB. SR isn't even on the radar in terms of anything. Next time they should forget about the Donner films and make something new. Agreed pretty much. Superman returns sucked.

sithsaber408
thumb down no

MattDay
zzzzzzzzz :boring: zzzzzzzzzzz

brainchild81
Bingo! You finally came around to it. Supes Returns was a boring snoozefest

sithsaber408
Bingo! You finally came around to it. Supes Returns was a boring snoozefest Originally posted by sithsaber408
thumb down no

brainchild81
Agreed. I also gave SR the thumbs down and came out of the theater shaking my head.

Mr Parker
ditto twice

Ditto thrice. big grin Begins is easily the better film.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by NoFate007
I thought both were good....but BB is the king of comic book movies.

As much as I love Batman Begins,I still think the original Superman movie and Superman 2 are the best comicbook movies but Begins is a close second.

chase el
Superman Returns... was bad? haha ok... only reason X-3 made so much is becuase Superman Returns Director, Bryan Singer made the franchis that damn good. Dont compare X3 to SR in terms of quality, SR was 10x better. Watch when the Superman Sequel comes out... then you can talk... Because Superman Returns made MORE THAN ANY OTHER SUPERHERO MOVIE IN ITS FIRST MOVIE IN THE 21ST CENTURY. BEATING SPIDERMAN (OR MAN-SPIDER) BATMAN, AND XMEN. Its the first movie you cant compare it to Spiderman 2 or X-men 3.

But Batman Begins is better than all those movies

MattDay
prejudiced views all round,my god the world is in mental decline!

brainchild81
Originally posted by chase el
Because Superman Returns made MORE THAN ANY OTHER SUPERHERO MOVIE IN ITS FIRST MOVIE IN THE 21ST CENTURY. BEATING SPIDERMAN (OR MAN-SPIDER) BATMAN, AND XMEN. Are you serious? Spider-Man made more here alone than Supes Returns did around the whole world. It's not even close. AND it cost less than 1/2 of what Supes did to make. Get the facts before you post nonsense please. All of the movies you mentioned are considered successful. Not Supes Returns. If they get the sequel as wrong as this one, you might as well pack it in.

brainchild81
laughing Good ol' truth, a Supes Returns fan's worst enemy.

systemshock2
... only reason X-3 made so much is becuase Superman Returns Director, Bryan Singer made the franchis that damn good. Dont compare X3 to SR in terms of quality, SR was 10x better. Watch when the Superman Sequel comes out... then you can talk...

Cosigned. X3 had the unfair advantage of having an already built in current audience. The last 2 X-movies were still very fresh to the general audience, and they considered them very good thanks to Singer ironically. Hence the huge opening weekend, which made up nearly half of its total domestic run. (But if you'll notice X3 left the theaters in around five or six weeks).

On the other hand Superman's last movie came out in 1987, so the film wouldn't have had such a built in current audience. But unlike X3, and ironically just like Batman Begins, Superman Returns made over 75% of its total domestic run AFTER its opening weekend and stayed in theaters for over three months. Both attributes are a very good thing in Hollywood.

chase el
what does grammar have to do with anything. He made some good points, and how are you going to speak when your talking about being "apoplectic" (?), and "rightous" anger. Who cares about grammar

they are 2 completely different films and they are both great and i personally cant wait for the sequels. If you dont like the movie quit posting topics and responses to it. Go on the Batman forums (which has like one post every 2 days) and talk about how much you love batman and hate superman.

redcaped
You tell'em el

pr1983
what does grammar have to do with anything. He made some good points, and how are you going to speak when your talking about being "apoplectic" (?), and "rightous" anger. Who cares about grammar

they are 2 completely different films and they are both great and i personally cant wait for the sequels. If you dont like the movie quit posting topics and responses to it. Go on the Batman forums (which has like one post every 2 days) and talk about how much you love batman and hate superman.

its not about hating superman and you know it. alot of people who had problems with superman returns are superman fans, so they have every right to air their grievances with the movie... erm

xmarksthespot
I find this thread ironic considering the dismal box office performance of SR.

Gregory
Originally posted by pr1983
its not about hating superman and you know it.

Of course not. What uttter gibberish. Who does chase el immagine sent to see Superman Returns in the first place? I'll tell you; Superman fans. Do people immagine that there's some sort of conspiracy? That a legion of hostile people who hated Superman went to see SR so that they could complain?

A vast majority of the people who went to see SR were either Superman fans, or at least fond enough of the character to fork over $8 to see a movive about him. And when you make ludacrous remarks about how maybe if you don't like the Superman movie you should go to the Batman forums, hurhurhur ... well, you only embarass yourself.

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I find this thread ironic considering the dismal box office performance of SR.

cosigned.

Originally posted by Gregory
Of course not. What uttter gibberish. Who does chase el immagine sent to see Superman Returns in the first place? I'll tell you; Superman fans. Do people immagine that there's some sort of conspiracy? That a legion of hostile people who hated Superman went to see SR so that they could complain?

A vast majority of the people who went to see SR were either Superman fans, or at least fond enough of the character to fork over $8 to see a movive about him. And when you make ludacrous remarks about how maybe if you don't like the Superman movie you should go to the Batman forums, hurhurhur ... well, you only embarass yourself.

also cosigned.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by systemshock2
Cosigned. X3 had the unfair advantage of having an already built in current audience. The last 2 X-movies were still very fresh to the general audience, and they considered them very good thanks to Singer ironically. Hence the huge opening weekend, which made up nearly half of its total domestic run. (But if you'll notice X3 left the theaters in around five or six weeks).

On the other hand Superman's last movie came out in 1987, so the film wouldn't have had such a built in current audience. But unlike X3, and ironically just like Batman Begins, Superman Returns made over 75% of its total domestic run AFTER its opening weekend and stayed in theaters for over three months. Both attributes are a very good thing in Hollywood.

co-signed.

(since that seems to be all the rage around here nowadays.) stick out tongue

I know that many people (die-hard Supes fans for the most part) had issues with Superman Returns, and that's fine, but it's a far cry to say that the film out-and-out "sucked."

I had just the opposite experience as some of the above posters, seeing the film with my wife, brother and sister in-law, and 3 of our close friends.

Every single one of us loved the film.

It was perfect, fitting in right after superman II as the next part of the story.

(apparently Newsweek, Time, Larry King, Entertainment Weekly, the New York Post, New York Daily News, Variety, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Newsday, and Rolling Stone agreed with us.)

big grin

Bring on teh sequel!

chase el
Originally posted by sithsaber408
co-signed.

I know that many people (die-hard Supes fans for the most part) had issues with Superman Returns, and that's fine, but it's a far cry to say that the film out-and-out "sucked."

I had just the opposite experience as some of the above posters, seeing the film with my wife, brother and sister in-law, and 3 of our close friends.

It was perfect, fitting in right after superman II as the next part of the story.

(apparently Newsweek, Time, Larry King, Entertainment Weekly, the New York Post, New York Daily News, Variety, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Newsday, and Rolling Stone agreed with us.)

big grin

Bring on teh sequel!

that is cosigned. Thats all im saying, you can say you didnt like the movie... but "SUCKED"? nah well said sithsaber... i like the signature btw

systemshock2
On a little side note, I've read people complain about Superman Returns costing $200 million plus and wonder where that money went in this movie. Well if there's one movie that truly makes me wonder just where all the money was spent it's Batman Begins.

I love Batman Begins and it remains one of the best movies in a long time. But I remember reading that it cost around $150 million to make, and after I first saw it I remembered thinking just where the hell did it all go? There were very few "heavy" CGI shots, and a lot of the scenes took place in actual locations so that saved a lot of cost sets, and there was lot of "dialogue only" scenes, and I don't think Bale was demanding $30 million on this one lol.

About the most expensive sequence that I can think of was the Batmobile chase, and even then that PALES in comparison to the size, effects, and scope of the airplane sequence from Superman Returns. Superman Returns may have cost more, but IMO it definitely got the most out of its money far more than Batman Begins.

chase el
i definately agree. but 275 million is a bit much

xmarksthespot
To get the most out of one's money, one generally has to turn a profit.

pr1983
Originally posted by sithsaber408
co-signed.

big grin

Bring on teh sequel!

all the sources you named were american... stick out tongue

and i don't think it sucked, i just think that it if it was going to continue the story, then it should have at least approached being of the same quality as its predecessors, which it didnt imo... erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.