Storm vs. Meggan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psy_blade
Both at their peak condition and powers.

xmarksthespot
Meggan turns Silver Surferish and uses the Power Cosmic to shrink Storm into nothingness.
http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?image=powercosmicae5.jpg

GalacticStorm
Love Storm, but Meggan would win this one. She's way too versatile.

Superherovandal
who is this Meggan?

GalacticStorm
Shes from Excalibur, the original team.

Superherovandal
but what are her powers, origin, history?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Superherovandal
but what are her powers, origin, history? See the text under my sig. happy

guy222
Originally posted by psy_blade

Meggan

Lucid Lui
Meggan wins. Go see her respect thread to find out why.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Meggan wins. Go see her respect thread to find out why. Wow. she really is a poor mans Storm

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Meggan turns Silver Surferish and uses the Power Cosmic to shrink Storm into nothingness.
http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?image=powercosmicae5.jpg

Storm destroys Meggan.

Cmon now, she...can...like...

Strike her with lightning?

Or make the wind blow REALLY hard!

Meggan can't stand up to that kind of power.

The Weather God
What do you mean by peak condition and powers? They're both in thier most ultimate form they've ever had?

Rutog98
Storm beats Meggan badly. Sorry, but Meggan has never been able to control any natural force on the scale or force that Storm does hers.

In that one "power cosmic" scan, she was in another dimension, not on Earth where this fight is presumably taking place. If the fight took place there, who knows what Ororo's abilities would be. She might be able to dwarf Meggan as she does here on Earth.

What If...
If it is "peak conditions" Storm may have a chance just judging from her "omega potential"

...but Meggan still probably wins.

Soljer
Originally posted by What If...
If it is "peak conditions" Storm may have a chance just judging from her "omega potential"

...but Meggan still probably wins.

Storm isn't an omega mutant.

Meggan shit-stomps her.

outavodka
Originally posted by Soljer

Meggan shit-stomps her. i concur

Metalmanx

Meggan shit-stomps her.

thumb up

The Weather God

Her current state possibly is
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7529/possibleomegamutantes9.th.jpg

She's possibly already has been, becoming one with the entire planet just like Meggan is. Storm's ultimate form was already established as being an elemental no matter if when the time she became one wasn't canon, it was stated that this is storm's ultimate/peak form.

Marvel Wrote

Months later, the eternal mutant Apocalypse made a bid for power by gathering together the Twelve, a group of mutants prophesied to usher in a golden age for their kind that counted Storm amongst their number. Apocalypse was defeated, but not before the ultimate extent of Storm's mutant power was revealed in an alternate future wherein she had evolved into a wholly elemental being.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5882/evolvedstorm1wtno0.th.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6052/omegapotentail6vg.th.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7715/omegapotentail24oe.th.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/233/omegapotentail31og.th.jpg
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/903/omegapotentail40fa.th.jpg

xmarksthespot
You do not become an Omega, you are born one.

Iron-Man is not an authority on mutation. Nor is Pete Wisdom. Which is why neither Storm nor Chamber are Omega mutants.

The likes of Xavier, Beast and Emma Frost, those who have officially labelled all the other Omega mutants, have been around Storm for many years. The 198 files which officially labelled Franklin Richards and Mister M as Omega mutants does not do so for Storm.

She is not an Omega mutant.

In addition Hudlin is a hack.

Alternate universes are not canon continuity.

The Weather God
You do not become an Omega, you are born one.

Iron-Man is not an authority on mutation. Nor is Pete Wisdom. Which is why neither Storm nor Chamber are Omega mutants.

The likes of Xavier, Beast and Emma Frost, those who have officially labelled all the other Omega mutants, have been around Storm for many years. The 198 files which officially labelled Franklin Richards and Mister M as Omega mutants does not do so for Storm.

She is not an Omega mutant.

In addition Hudlin is a hack.

Alternate universes are not canon.

Omega level is when a person has ultimate power and the ability to turn themself into an elemental. Storm achieves this goal in the future and that is why she is now considered a possible omega level mutant because the ultimate extent of her powers were revealed in the future(canon) this was stated on the official marvel website.) It doesn't matter if it was an alternate reality, storm's ultimate extent was still revealed.

This is not canon either

xmarksthespot
The definition of an Omega mutation is not simply being able to become an elemental. no expression

Omega is about potential for growth. And the only real criterion is to be labelled unambiguously in a comic by one of the authorities on mutation or by writers in something like the 198 files.

Iron Man says possibly in a comic by Reginald Hudlin. no

The Marvel website bios are fan-edited. Storm has very real limits to her powers, despite her hyperbole.

The only fully unambiguously confirmed Omegas are:
Elixir
Kid Omega
Mr M
Franklin Richards
Iceman
Jean Grey
Vulcan

The Scarlet Witch warped reality. She is still not an Omega.
Mad Jim Jaspers was a multiversal threat. He is still not an Omega.

Unfortunately Storm doesn't have prep to go imprison herself in a statue until she builds up enough power to escape. no expression

The Weather God
The definition of an Omega mutation is not simply being able to become an elemental. no expression

Omega is about potential for growth. And the only real criterion is to be labelled unambiguously in a comic by one of the authorities on mutation or by writers in something like the 198 files.

The Marvel website bios are fan-edited.

Elixir
Kid Omega
Mr M
Franklin Richards
Iceman
Jean Grey
Vulcan

Mad Jim Jaspers was a multiversal thread. He is still not an Omega.

The marvel bios are fan-edited But they are checked before they are released by marvel.(Canon)

Storm would fit this category with her ultimate extent, storm always had the potential to control matter and energy on the sub-molecular scale with her lightning. This would mean that storm always had the potential she just never unlocked it before until the future, and according to marvel her ultimate extent has been reveal and it sure as hell looks like she's omega.

statue until she builds up enough power to escape. no expression

It was never stated that they had to go through whatever they had to go through to get to their peak state, so therefor storm should be able to battle in that peak stage without sitting in a statue for a long time.

xmarksthespot
Wikipedia most definitely isn't canon. The Marvel online bios aren't canon.

She can't even feed electricity through a security lock. She has limits.

It isn't about having flashy displays of power, Elixir is not particularly powerful, it's about being unambiguously conclusively labelled one by a reputable source and writer. Iron Man written by a moonlighting director, with a transparent political agenda, saying possibly does not suffice.

Possibly means shitall. You either are or you aren't. And she isn't.

She still gets shrunk into nothingness.

The Weather God
Wikipedia most definitely isn't canon. The Marvel online bios aren't canon.

She can't even feed electricity through a security lock. She has limits.

It isn't about having flashy displays of power, Elixir is not particularly powerful, it's about being unambiguously conclusively labelled one by a reputable source and writer.

She still gets shrunk into nothingness.

Ok then where is your proof to prove that she is not omega or doesn't have the potential? Storm was able to fit the descriptions of an omega according to wikipedia. And i see no difference between storm and iceman once she's in her ultimate/peak state so i see no reason as to why storm shouldn't be a possible one.

xmarksthespot
Several characters can fit that very non-canon description.

Magneto evolved to an EM form in The End. Not canon. Not Omega. Hyperstorm. Not Omega. Scarlet Witch. Not Omega. Jim Jaspers. Not Omega.

Storm. Not Omega.

Why people insist on trying to make their favourite characters Omega mutants I have no idea.

The Weather God
Several characters can fit that very non-canon description.

Magneto evolved to an EM form in The End. Not canon. Not Omega. Hyperstorm. Not Omega. Scarlet Witch. Not Omega. Jim Jaspers. Not Omega.

Storm. Not Omega.

And you can prove this how???? Tell me with storm at her full extent what wouldn't she be able to do that iceman could? Also tell me how magneto evolved into an em field(i bet it wasn't because it was his ultimate extent meaning it's not canon and nothing like storm's story). Storm should be classed omega at her ultimate extent there is no proof to suggest otherwise.

Why people insist on trying to make their favourite characters Omega mutants I have no idea.

That's far from the question at hand, storm deserves to be omega level(in her ultimate peak)no matter what way you put it

I'm off to bed

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by The Weather God
And you can prove this how????
Do you even know what Jaspers, Wanda and Hyperstorm are capable of? They are leaps and bounds and leaps and further bounds and so on and so on and so on, above Storm.
Tell me with storm at her full extent what wouldn't she be able to do that iceman could? Also tell me how magneto evolved into an em field(i bet it wasn't because it was his ultimate extent meaning it's not canon and nothing like storm's story). Storm should be classed omega at her ultimate extent there is no proof to suggest otherwise.I didn't read X-Men: The End because it was quite crap. And non canon. Like other alternate reality futures are non canon. The AoA i.e. Earth-295 is not canon.

Iceman is an Omega mutant. Storm is not.
That's far from the question at hand, storm deserves to be omega level no matter what way you put it Deserves. laughing out loud

bigbran
Originally posted by Rutog98
Storm beats Meggan badly. Sorry, but Meggan has never been able to control any natural force on the scale or force that Storm does hers.

In that one "power cosmic" scan, she was in another dimension, not on Earth where this fight is presumably taking place. If the fight took place there, who knows what Ororo's abilities would be. She might be able to dwarf Meggan as she does here on Earth. She was able to suck Earth from power, so she could grow and fight Galactus.

Umm... so you're saying that anything that happens in another dimension isn't a good portrayal? So, basically Agamotto isn't even strong, because everything that he does is in another dimension?

Clouded judgment.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by bigbran
Clouded judgment. Understatement. He/she/it thinks Storm can beat Thor.

bigbran
Understatement. He/she/it thinks Storm can beat Thor. no expression

Thor would literally walk through all her blasts, grab her, bend her over, and...
get a little more than 10/10... shifty

Lucid Lui
He's pretty much done that already, though he kissed her instead of the bending over and whatnot.

bigbran
He's pretty much done that already, though he kissed her instead of the bending over and whatnot. Sweet! When?

xmarksthespot
Sweet! When? The 2nd Contest of Champions iirc.
and whatnot. I should wash your mouth out with soap.

Great site and great art btw. wink

Lucid Lui
The 2nd Contest of Champions iirc.
I should wash your mouth out with soap. Flavoured soap?

Great site and great art btw. wink Thanks smile

HandOfFate

xmarksthespot

HandOfFate
And destroy herself and only survive because of the Acanti. no expression

Uh...as far as we know Meggan is dead too. stick out tongue

"possible omega mutant" means squat.no expression

It mean that she could be an omega mutant which is something you can't change, no matter how much you might dislike it.smile

xmarksthespot
Meggan's probably very much dead due to the Chaos Wave, unless someone retcons that, but not because she harnessed the power of the Beyond.

And really, "possible Omega mutant" really does mean absolutely nothing. Omega is something a mutant either is or isn't. A lot of mutants could be Omega mutants whenever Marvel decides to conclusively label them that. Making the phrase "possible Omega" utterly meaningless. Jaspers. Wanda. Much higher contenders.

Chamber is not an Omega. Neither is Storm. I don't even really count Rachel Summers, Nimrod was not referring to her as an Omega threat in the same way the term is used today. The label in itself really means nothing much anyway, Elixir is Omega, he still dies horribly against Storm or Meggan or Havok or Psylocke and so on.

Howard_Jones

The Marvel website bios are fan-edited. Storm has very real limits to her powers, despite her hyperbole.

Elixir
Kid Omega
Mr M
Franklin Richards
Iceman
Jean Grey
Vulcan

Mad Jim Jaspers was a multiversal threat. He is still not an Omega.

Unfortunately Storm doesn't have prep to go imprison herself in a statue until she builds up enough power to escape. no expression

Excellent analyzation. However, I think the reason they don't consider Wanda an Omega is because of her link to mystic powers.

python99
Originally posted by Superherovandal
who is this Meggan?

Don't fall to far behind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meggan

HandOfFate
The label in itself really means nothing much anyway

On that I agree with you. big grin

python99
Meaggan takes out Storm why?

Her empathy powers would probably affect Storm in some way
She is a shapeshifter which can alter her size and strength
She has elemental Powers just like Storm probably greater
She can create electromagnetic fields

Im gonna stop here there is too much too list

2damnloud
Storm'll win. She has a stronger will and emotional control with regards to the elements.

Brian Oswald
Um no. Storm gets sad and it rains. Thats not stronger emotional control. Meggan can control everything Strom throws at her.

The Weather God
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Um no. Storm gets sad and it rains. Thats not stronger emotional control. Meggan can control everything Strom throws at her.

That doesn't happen very often which mean it's control. Also meggan's powers are probably not locked into her emotions like storm.

As far as this match goes it would be the person with the greator control

Here she was able to override doom's control over lightning and nearly destroyed him in one blast

And was even able to cause colossus pain with her lightning

The Weather God
Do you even know what Jaspers, Wanda and Hyperstorm are capable of? They are leaps and bounds and leaps and further bounds and so on and so on and so on, above Storm.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6445/stormandthegalaticcore15zq.th.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9628/stormandthegalaticcore29bc.th.jpg

I didn't read X-Men: The End because it was quite crap. And non canon. Like other alternate reality futures are non canon. The AoA i.e. Earth-295 is not canon.

I thought so roll eyes (sarcastic)

What your not understanding is it was not the fact that it was an alternate reality in the future, but the fact that her ultimate extent was revealed and it doesn't matter if she hasn't unlocked the extent yet, that peak has still been revealed and therefor it's canon in this discussion

Iceman is an Omega mutant. Storm is not.
Deserves. laughing out loud

Everything seems to be funny but you've still failed to prove me wrong. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Brian Oswald
Is this Elemental Storm or normal Storm?

The Weather God
Is this Elemental Storm or normal Storm?

It's elemental storm

Originally posted by psy_blade

Brian Oswald
Isint this 'elemental Storm' from an alternate future?

The Weather God
Isint this 'elemental Storm' from an alternate future?

Yes but it was storm's ultimate extent of her power which is canon in this discussion because storm's ultimate peak form was revealed.

Brian Oswald
Maybe it was her Ultimate peak in that universe. If its an alternate future that means its not the canon future. Just because she is destined for that in that future doesn't mean she is destined for it in the 616 future

The Weather God
Maybe it was her Ultimate peak in that universe. If its an alternate future that means its not the canon future. Just because she is destined for that in that future doesn't mean she is destined for it in the 616 future

This is canon because marvel states this them self that this is storm's ultimate peak, it doesn't matter if it was an alternate reality, the ultimate peak/extent of her powers were still revealed

Rutog98
She was able to suck Earth from power, so she could grow and fight Galactus.

Umm... so you're saying that anything that happens in another dimension isn't a good portrayal? So, basically Agamotto isn't even strong, because everything that he does is in another dimension?

Clouded judgment.

No. What I am saying is that both Storm and Meggan are limited by their environment and strength of wills. In other words, what Meggan can accomplish ine one dimension does not mean she can do this in all dimensions. Same with Storm. She can summon the full power of millions of stars in space, but not on Earth.

In regards to the Meggan/Galactus thing, I don't know why so many people misinterpret that. Meggan's power levels were nowhere near strong enough to do him damage. She grew to his size, but it was blatantly stated that there is not even enough resources on Earth to beat him. In other words, even if Meggan could steal all of the planet's resources (and there is nothing that definately states that she can while Storm definately can steal all of the planet's life-force), she still would have been a joke to him. He is cosmic. That is greater than planetary/earthly.

Meggan may control some of the same forces Storm does, but Ororo has a higher degree of control. She is Mistress of the Elements and has proven this by taking control of the elements from other characters like Hurricane and Shaman. Storm has been able to affect the eco-system on a contnental scale more than once and even over an entire hemisphere. This trumps anything Meggan has done with the elements a thousand fold.

As for the guy who says meggan can control EM energies, big deal. Storm has done this as well on numerous occassions.

Meggan controls a number of forces, but she isn't very powerful in any of them. Storm beats her badly.

Storm's bond with the Earth is also stronger. For instance, Ororo cannot be directly harmed by the weather's manifestations unless her bond is fractured (I know that there are issues that ignore this with Storm, but we give characters their full power on these boards). MEggan has no such resistance to elemental forces. For instance, if its cold outside, she has to grow fur so as to avoid freezing. This is a power that will have limits depending on the temperature, obviously. Storm, on the other hand, is immune to the cold. Ororo can widen her perceptions over massive areas, etc.

Rutog98
Oh, and Storm is an omega mutant. I don't feel like it now, but I will do a Storm/Phoenix Force parallelism post later.

The Weather God
As for the guy who says meggan can control EM energies, big deal. Storm has done this as well on numerous occassions.

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8169/stormelectromagneticfield4tv.th.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6384/empfixedox2.th.jpg
Here's the proof that this is so

Rutog98
Also the final issue of the MAgneto War where the X--Men are in Magneto energy tower and Storm is controlling the EM energies there and directing them towards Joseph.

2damnloud
There was an excerpt from an interview with CC in 1974 where he said that storm and Jean(with phoenix force) are equal in power, Phoenix just has "higher burst".

The Weather God
Originally posted by 2damnloud
There was an excerpt from an interview with CC in 1974 where he said that storm and Jean(with phoenix force) are equal in power, Phoenix just has "higher burst".

They did try to even out storm and jean grey's power with uncanny x-men 147

Read the cover
http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/4images/data/media/188/uxmen147.jpg

On the inside it states that storm was going down the same road jean grey went with the phoenix, and for once she knew how jean felt as the phoenix.

2damnloud
MY mistake, it was 1979 from Rampage Magazine(UK)

The interviewer (someone called Richard Burton, I'll abbreviate it to RB) is asking Chris various questions, working through the characters...

"RB: Storm next...

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Chris Claremont: No. In equal terms of raw power, they're approximately equal.

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."

The Weather God
MY mistake, it was 1979

The interviewer (someone called Richard Burton, I'll abbreviate it to RB) is asking Chris various questions, working through the characters...

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."

Very interesting pizza

bigbran
No. What I am saying is that both Storm and Meggan are limited by their environment and strength of wills. In other words, what Meggan can accomplish ine one dimension does not mean she can do this in all dimensions. Same with Storm. She can summon the full power of millions of stars in space, but not on Earth.

In regards to the Meggan/Galactus thing, I don't know why so many people misinterpret that. Meggan's power levels were nowhere near strong enough to do him damage. She grew to his size, but it was blatantly stated that there is not even enough resources on Earth to beat him. In other words, even if Meggan could steal all of the planet's resources (and there is nothing that definately states that she can while Storm definately can steal all of the planet's life-force), she still would have been a joke to him. He is cosmic. That is greater than planetary/earthly.
Hold on, full power of a million stars?
Find some proof, no seriously, find me proof. That has to be the most redicules thing I have ever heard!
Wait, can Storm even breath in space?
Also, the only thing that is not usable in other dimensions, is when one character is powerless, or said to be weaker. Was it said that Storm was weaker, if not, your point is utterly moot!

It wasn't about Galactus. It was about draining the Earth. Her power was enough to be draining the Earth.
Find me proof that Storm can drain the planets resources. Everything you have said, has had no backup, at all. Just your worded statements.

I'm going to need proof of her draining Earth. Then I will need proof of her having the full power of a million stars.

Meggan wins.

Another thing... STORM IS NOWHERE NEAR THE PHOENIX IN ANY ASPECT!!!
I never thought of Storm fans, to be like this (I never thought there was Storm fans).
So basically, you guys think that Storm is near Galactus?
What the f**k?
No really.

xmarksthespot
Wow... so this thread became some kind of weird Storm jerkoff fest.
Isint this 'elemental Storm' from an alternate future? Yes in reality 295, not canon for Earth 616 Storm.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6445/stormandthegalaticcore15zq.th.jpg
And then Storm floats around basically dead until the Acanti saves her.

So basically you know shitall about Jaspers and the Scarlet Witch. The fact that you think that even compares is amusing.
I thought so roll eyes (sarcastic)

What your not understanding is it was not the fact that it was an alternate reality in the future, but the fact that her ultimate extent was revealed and it doesn't matter if she hasn't unlocked the extent yet, that peak has still been revealed and therefor it's canon in this discussionWhat you're not understanding is that alternate universes like Earth-295 are not canon for the 616 character. Nor is becoming an elemental form in itself sufficient to be an omega.
Everything seems to be funny but you've still failed to prove me wrong. roll eyes (sarcastic) I don't need to prove anything. You either are an Omega or you aren't. The term in itself is pretty meaningless already. "possible Omega mutant" is utterly meaningless. Pretty much every mutant is a possible Omega mutant, if and when they're conclusively unambiguously called an Omega mutant by a legitimate source they are one.

Meggan at her peak be it in limbo, in Otherworld, on Earth or in the Beyond, is still 616 Meggan. And she wins.

The Weather God
I always wonder why your always in storm vs threads... maybe because your just a plain old storm hater.wink

And then Storm floats around basically dead until the Acanti saves her.

You do realize that i wasn't talking about her floating around in space but the simple fact of what she did before that. Quit dogging the dam point and see that storm did something on a grand scale

So basically you know shitall about Jaspers and the Scarlet Witch. The fact that you think that even compares is amusing.

I don't give a dam what you think i know or not, i know what storm is capable and she deserves to become an omega in her ultimate form so except it and move on, either provide evidence or keep your comments to yourself.

What you're not understanding is that alternate universes like Earth-295 are not canon for the 616 character. Nor is becoming an elemental form in itself sufficient to be an omega.

I already said i understand that it was an alternate future. You just don't want to except the fact that marvel states that this is her ultimate/peak form, Future or Not it is her ultimate extent.

I don't need to prove anything. You either are an Omega or you aren't. The term in itself is pretty meaningless already. "possible Omega mutant" is utterly meaningless. Pretty much every mutant is a possible Omega mutant, if and when they're conclusively unambiguously called an Omega mutant by a legitimate source they are one.

The term makes perfect sense to me. If storm doesn't reach her ultimate extent then she won't be an omega, Her ultimate peak form has already been revealed which therefor places her in omega because she was able to turn into a wholly elemental being. Her ice power works just like iceman by raising and lowering temperatures, only difference was storm was not immuned and was not able to turn herself into a elemental being, this is not the case with her ultimate/peak form because now she will be an elemental. So pretty much she'd be another iceman with more powers in her arsenal.

Still see a difference? i think not

Meggan at her peak be it in limbo, in Otherworld, on Earth or in the Beyond, is still 616 Meggan. And she wins.

Maybe or Maybe not. Your still forgetting rogue storm who had ultimate potential and was connected to the entire planet.

xmarksthespot
I always wonder why your always in storm vs threads... maybe because your just a plain old storm hater.wink Funny that the crazy fanboy will try to label people arguing against the character a "hater".
You do realize that i wasn't talking about her floating around in space but the simple fact of what she did before that. Quit dogging the dam point and see that storm did something on a grand scale

I don't give a dam what you think i know or not, i know what storm is capable and she deserves to become an omega in her ultimate form so except it and move on, either provide evidence or keep your comments to yourself. Mad Jim Jaspers and the Scarlet Witch warped the 616 universe, and both posed threats to the omniverse. They are still not Omega mutants. Nothing Storm has ever done comes anywhere close.
I already said i understand that it was an alternate future. You just don't want to except the fact that marvel states that this is her ultimate/peak form, Future or Not it is her ultimate extent.Marvel online bios are not canon. Alternate realities are not canon.
The term makes perfect sense to me. If storm doesn't reach her ultimate extent then she won't be an omega, Her ultimate peak form has already been revealed which therefor places her in omega because she was able to turn into a wholly elemental being. Her ice power works just like iceman by raising and lowering temperatures, only difference was storm was not immuned and was not able to turn herself into a elemental being, this is not the case with her ultimate/peak form because now she will be an elemental. So pretty much she'd be another iceman with more powers in her arsenal.

Still see a difference? i think not"possible Omega" is meaningless, you either are an Omega or you are not, every mutant who is not an Omega is a possible Omega, and if and when they are called one without ambiguity by a legitimate source they are one. It has nothing to do with reaching a peak form, it isn't about being an elemental. You do not become an Omega you are born one. It's not about flashy displays of power. Elixir is an Omega regardless of how powerful he becomes, or unimpressive he currently is.

Possible omega mutant is meaningless.
Maybe or Maybe not. Your still forgetting rogue storm who had ultimate potential and was connected to the entire planet. Who gets shrunk by the power cosmic.

The Weather God
Funny that the crazy fanboy will try to label people arguing against the character a "hater".

Not argue hate on the character everytime a storm thread is made you are sitting right in everyone saying storm loses. I am far from crazy smartass

Mad Jim Jaspers and the Scarlet Witch warped the 616 universe, and both posed threats to the omniverse. They are still not Omega mutants. Nothing Storm has ever done comes anywhere close.
Here storm absorbs millions of stars from the galactic core which is an impressive feat because her power was boosted to unimaginable degrees. The fact that storm hold's this much potential is enough to call her an omega just by that feat.

Marvel online bios are not canon. Alternate realities are not canon.
You cannot be a possible Omega, it has nothing to do with reaching a peak form, it isn't about being an elemental. You do not become an Omega you are born one. It's not about flashy displays of power. Elixir is an Omega regardless of how powerful he becomes, or unimpressive he currently is.

Prove that they are not canon, i don't see it anywhere in the rules and they are checked by marvel before they are released so i don't see what's the big deal. Your just trying to find a way to keep storm depowered in this fight, what are you afraid of?

Also as far as i'm concerned it's canon in the books that she is a possible omega mutant so there has got to be a reason they say so, i've also never seen this proof your talking about that keeps storm so much out of the omega level status. I've already explained it to you, storm has displayed great potential with her powers and by seeing her becoming a wholly being in the future proves there is no difference between her and iceman.

Darth Macabre

Every mutant is possibly Omega...Hell, even Maggot's possibly Omega. But their not omega until it's stated in cannon that they are.

xmarksthespot
Not argue hate on the character everytime a storm thread is made you are sitting right in everyone saying storm loses. I am far from crazy smartass There are numerous people I think Storm beats. There are numerous people I don't think she does. When people think she can alone beat Thor, Magneto, bloodties Exodus, the entire Hellfire Inner Circle. Then yes, I'm going to argue against it. Just as I would if people said that Wolverine beats Storm.
Here storm absorbs millions of stars from the galactic core which is an impressive feat because her power was boosted to unimaginable degrees. The fact that storm hold's this much potential is enough to call her an omega just by that feat.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9628/stormandthegalaticcore29bc.th.jpg This is Mad Jim Jaspers:
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/1219/m17iu3.th.jpghttp://img349.imageshack.us/img349/7223/m18gy5.th.jpghttp://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1554/jsd5.th.jpg

This is the Scarlet Witch:
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9313/w10sq9.th.jpghttp://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2359/w11xt8.th.jpghttp://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8791/wyz7.th.jpg

They are still not Omega mutants.
Prove that they are not canon, i don't see it anywhere in the rules and they are checked by marvel before they are released so i don't see what's the big deal. Your just trying to find a way to keep storm depowered in this fight, what are you afraid of?

Also as far as i'm concerned it's canon in the books that she is a possible omega mutant so there has got to be a reason they say so, i've also never seen this proof your talking about that keeps storm so much out of the omega level status. I've already explained it to you, storm has displayed great potential with her powers and by seeing her becoming a wholly being in the future proves there is no difference between her and iceman. And I've already explained to you that it has nothing to do with displays of power or being an elemental.

Elixir is an Omega mutant.

"possible Omega mutant" by Iron Man, of all people, in a Black Panther comic, of all things, by Hudlin, of all writers. Means absolutely nothing.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Every mutant is possibly Omega...Hell, even Maggot's possibly Omega. But their not omega until it's stated in cannon that they are. yes

Soljer
Wait, it was HUDLIN that wrote that Storm was a possible omega mutant? What the f**k?

Hudlin overrating and overwriting an african superhero. There's a surprise.

xmarksthespot
Wait, it was HUDLIN that wrote that Storm was a possible omega mutant? What the f**k?

Hudlin overrating and overwriting an african superhero. There's a surprise. Further irony in that, in the very very short amount of time he's been writing Storm, he's written her character shitty for Black Panther's benefit, despite trying to make her look powerful in terms of powers, by making Doom and others look bad.

Darth Macabre

Hudlin overrating and overwriting an african superhero. There's a surprise. Hudlin's a hack...I remember gagging while reading Storm's and Black Panther's wedding. He just had to throw B.E.T into it, didn't he?

Soljer
Further irony in that, in the very very short amount of time he's been writing Storm, he's written her character shitty for Black Panther's benefit, despite trying to make her look powerful in terms of powers, by making Doom and others look bad.

Hahaha, where is that scan of Storm acting like an ignorant ***** while talking to Namor?

Oh, wait, we aren't allowed to scan entire issues....erm.

The Weather God
There are numerous people I think Storm beats. There are numerous people I don't think she does. When people think she can alone beat Thor, Magneto, bloodties Exodus, the entire Hellfire Inner Circle. Then yes, I'm going to argue against it. Just as I would if people said that Wolverine beats Storm.

Well i've never said storm can beat any of those people, sorry it just seem's as tho i'm arguing with either you or exedus in ever storm vs thread.

This is Mad Jim Jaspers:
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/1219/m17iu3.th.jpghttp://img349.imageshack.us/img349/7223/m18gy5.th.jpghttp://img65.imageshack.us/img65/1554/jsd5.th.jpg

This is the Scarlet Witch:
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9313/w10sq9.th.jpghttp://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2359/w11xt8.th.jpghttp://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8791/wyz7.th.jpg
None of those were elemental forms.The jim jasper looked like he had made a astral form of himself, and the scarlet witch looks like she just blew up. Omega also means that you can live without a body and can live with only a consciousness.

He has to be able to live without a body or he's no omega even tho he was considered an omega. Maybe this has not been done and this is why people are never announced as omega.

They are still not Omega mutants.
And I've already explained to you that it has nothing to do with displays of power or being an elemental.

I never said it had to be just be an elemental form they could turn into.

Storm fits this description in her ultimate form. As i said she would be just like iceman but more powerful.

Every mutant is possibly Omega...Hell, even Maggot's possibly Omega. But their not omega until it's stated in cannon that they are.

Meggan can't turn into an elemental.

xmarksthespot
Hahaha, where is that scan of Storm acting like an ignorant ***** while talking to Namor?

Oh, wait, we aren't allowed to scan entire issues....erm. DC put that scan on the Civil War Report thread.
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5029/storm2zn4.gif

Gotta love the look on Namor's face "WTF is this retard woman talking about? We weren't talking about Susan, were we? No...we were talking about stuff that affects the whole world and she starts spouting about love triangles."

Darth Macabre
Meggan can't turn into an elemental.

Edit: Who's arguing about Meggan being one?

xmarksthespot
None of those were elemental forms.The jim jasper looked like he had made a astral form of himself, and the scarlet witch looks like she just blew up. Omega also means that you can live without a body and can live with only a consciousness.

He has to be able to live without a body or he's no omega even tho he was considered an omega. Maybe this has not been done and this is why people are never announced as omega.So you know nothing about Jaspers or the Scarlet Witch?
I never said it had to be just be an elemental form they could turn into.Above you said the reason Jaspers couldn't be Omega is that he doesn't have an elemental form. no expression

Which is inaccurate anyway.

Now you say it doesn't have to be.
Storm fits this description in her ultimate form. As i said she would be just like iceman but more powerful. Wikipedia. What exactly did Earth 295 Storm do that was so incredibly impressive, if I may ask?
Meggan can't turn into an elemental. What the f**k?
1) Meggan is an elemental empathic metamorph.
2) I'm not trying to argue in any way that she's an Omega, no one is, and for all intents and purposes she's dead.
3) You just said that "I never said it had to be just be an elemental form they could turn into." to be an Omega.

Now you're saying it does have to be.

Which is wrong.

Seriously what the hell are you talking about.

Soljer
DC put that scan on the Civil War Report thread.

Ugh...Hudlin....

Atrocious.

EDIT: Also, Mad Jim Jaspers was an OMNIVERSAL threat.

All-verses.

Every single one. Not a Universal threat. Not a Multiversal threat. An OMNI-versal threat. "Oh, but storm is more powerful! She can...like....make the wind blow, guys!"

Yeah, okay...

The Weather God
Edit: Who's arguing about Meggan being one?

That would still put her as possible because she has to do this within the electromagnetic spectrum

That's not ultimate power either.

xmarksthespot
That's not ultimate power either. Yeahbuhwhat? What the f**k?

Storm does ultimate what now?

Soljer
Yeahbuhwhat? What the f**k?

Storm does ultimate what now?

High cup top cow.

Sharp shade my disk?

Light tip blackened round!

The Weather God
So you know nothing about Jaspers or the Scarlet Witch?
Above you said the reason Jaspers couldn't be Omega is that he doesn't have an elemental form. Which is inaccurate anyway.no expression

They have to posses ultimate power and be able to turn into an elemental form without a body to live in, they also have to be able to control matter and energy on the sub-molecular scale. Storm fits this category at her peak.

Now you say it doesn't have to be.
Wikipedia. What exactly did Earth 295 Storm do that was so incredibly impressive, if I may ask?
What the f**k?

You know good well i provided the post before about what all you need to be to become an omega, i said an elemental was one of them, something storm is not in her current state.

1) Meggan is an elemental empathic metamorph.
2) I'm not trying to argue in any way that she's an Omega, and for all intents and purposes she's dead.
3) You just said that "I never said it had to be just be an elemental form they could turn into." to be an Omega.

Now you're saying it does have to be.

Seriously what the hell are you talking about.

You really aren't paying attention at what i posted. i said you had to be atleast an elemental in order to become an omega level, Why? because storm and iceman's power works the same, only difference is storm isn't immuned to cold temperatures and therefor would need an elemental form to be able to withstand any super cold temperatures.

Tell me would there be a difference then? No

then storm becomes an omega just like iceman

xmarksthespot
They have to posses ultimate power and be able to turn into an elemental form without a body to live in, they also have to be able to control matter and energy on the sub-molecular scale. Storm fits this category at her peak.

You know good well i provided the post before about what all you need to be to become an omega, i said an elemental was one of them, something storm is not in her current state.

You really aren't paying attention at what i posted. i said you had to be atleast an elemental in order to become an omega level, Why? because storm and iceman's power works the same, only difference is storm isn't immuned to cold temperatures and therefor would need an elemental form to be able to withstand any super cold temperatures.

Tell me would there be a difference then? You could just reply 'yes', to knowing nothing about Mad Jim Jaspers and the Scarlet Witch.

How you're defining Omega is inaccurate. You don't become an Omega by growing in power.

The difference between Storm and Iceman? Iceman is an Omega. No bullshit speculation necessary.

Being immune to cold is going to make her an Omega? What the f**k?

Under your definition Elixir isn't an Omega. Which he is. As stated numerous times, unambiguously on panel, by X-writers and X-characters.

The Weather God
How you're defining Omega is inaccurate. You don't become an Omega by growing in power.

Under your definition Elixir isn't an Omega. Which he is. As stated numerous times, unambiguously on panel, by X-writers and X-characters.

People can still always be possible omega level and never get annouced, all i'm saying is in her peak form she very well fits the same description as iceman. They both lower and raise temperatures to freeze, difference is storm is not immuned to these temperature changes and she isen't an elemental and therefor she should not be an omega yet. Her peak form should be tho because she would be able to use her powers like iceman.

I'll also admit to not knowing much about them

xmarksthespot
People can still always be possible omega level and never get annouced Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Every mutant is possibly Omega...Hell, even Maggot's possibly Omega. But their not omega until it's stated in cannon that they are. Which is why "possible Omega mutant" is meaningless. Infinitely moreso than "confirmed Omega mutant", which in itself is also basically meaningless.

The Weather God
Which is why "possible Omega mutant" is meaningless. Infinitely moreso than "confirmed Omega mutant", which in itself is also basically meaningless.

That still doesn't mean that every person is possible omega's because not everyone can fills in the blanks needed to be an omega.

xmarksthespot
That still doesn't mean that every person is possible omega's because not everyone can fills in the blanks needed to be an omega. If a legitimate source in a canon (X-)comic, by a capable and respected writer, comes out and says Squirrel Girl is an Omega mutant. She is.

The Weather God
If a legitimate source in a canon comic, by a capable and respected writer, comes out and says Squirrel Girl is an Omega mutant. She is.

No way in hell that is possible because she can't turn into an elemental and she cannot live without a body.

Nice try tho cool

xmarksthespot
No way in hell that is possible because she can't turn into an elemental and she cannot live without a body.

Nice try tho cool Uh.. doesn't matter. Nor can Elixir. If she's confirmed conclusively as an Omega, she is one. But she hasn't been so she isn't.

Nor has Jaspers. So he isn't. Nor has Wanda. So she isn't. Nor has Storm, who shouldn't even be in the same paragraph as Jaspers or Wanda. So she isn't.

Soljer

Nice try tho cool

Being an elemental is not a requirement to be an Omega-level Mutant.

xmarksthespot
Being an elemental is not a requirement to be an Omega-level Mutant. Most of the confirmed Omega's are not "elementals" in fact. Of them only Iceman is an elemental.

QQ is a pure psionic, likewise Jean Grey. Mr M is reality warper iirc. As is Franklin Richards. Elixir manipulates only organic matter. Vulcan is an energy manipulator in general.

The Weather God
Uh.. doesn't matter. Nor can Elixir. If she's confirmed conclusively as an Omega, she is one. But she hasn't been so she isn't.

Nor has Jaspers. So he isn't. Nor has Wanda. So she isn't. Nor has Storm, who shouldn't even be in the same paragraph as Jaspers or Wanda. So she isn't.

Oh and iceman would? save your breath

and Elixir is an Omega-level mutant

He fits the category provided by wikipedia pefectly

xmarksthespot
Oh and iceman would? save your breath

and Elixir is an Omega-level mutant

He fits the category provided by wikipedia pefectly I know Elixir is an Omega level mutant. I've been saying it for pages. no expression

He doesn't fit your warped definition you're trying to use to make Storm an Omega. Am I supposed to give a toss what wikipedia says?

He isn't an elemental.
He doesn't exist as a pure consciousness.
He is still an Omega, and will be regardless of whether he grows powerful or not.

Darth Macabre
Being an elemental is not a requirement to be an Omega-level Mutant. Didn't you get the memo? Apparently it is.....Sorry Elixir, your Omega-Level status has been withdrawn.

xmarksthespot
Didn't you get the memo? Apparently it is.....Sorry Elixir, your Omega-Level status has been withdrawn. Elixir got the memo, he's currently sobbing in the corner. I gave him some scotch to calm him down.

The only omega now... is Iceman. It's a small club.

The Weather God
Being an elemental is not a requirement to be an Omega-level Mutant.

I guess for storm it is because her power works like iceman, and the only difference in their powera are that iceman is an elemental.

Most of the confirmed Omega's are not "elementals" in fact. Of them only Iceman is an elemental.

QQ is a pure psionic, likewise Jean Grey. Mr M is reality warper iirc. As is Franklin Richards. Elixir manipulates only organic matter. Vulcan is an energy manipulator in general.

I think they all can live without they're body's tho

They can't have any help and their body have to be able to handle all that power, storm's powers can destroy her body actually.

Soljer
Didn't you get the memo? Apparently it is.....Sorry Elixir, your Omega-Level status has been withdrawn.

And Franklin Richards, Mr. M, Kid Omega.

xmarksthespot
I guess for storm it is because her power works like iceman, and the only difference in their powera are that iceman is an elemental. It is a requirement to be an elemental for Storm to be an Omega because she's an elemental? Seriously what are you talking about.
They can't have any help and their body have to be able to handle all that power, storm's powers can destroy her body actually. First off, what? No idea what you were trying to say.

And secondly, seriously I don't care what you found on wikipedia.

The Weather God
I know Elixir is an Omega level mutant. I've been saying it for pages. no expression

He doesn't fit your warped definition you're trying to use to make Storm an Omega. Am I supposed to give a toss what wikipedia says?

I'm done with you on this part roll eyes (sarcastic)

He isn't an elemental.
He doesn't exist as a pure consciousness.
He is still an Omega, and will be regardless of whether he grows powerful or not.

Storm's ultimate peak can live without a consciousness. Iceman is a elemental because ice is an elemental force, and he can exist with only a consciousness. So would storm be able to once she's in her ultimate peak.

xmarksthespot
I'm done with you on this part roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm's ultimate peak can live without a consciousness. Iceman is a elemental because ice is an elemental force, and he can exist with only a consciousness. So would storm be able to once she's in her ultimate peak. Wow she can exist without a consciousness, that's mighty impressive. Gibberish. Iceman is an Omega, because Xavier and X-Men writers have labelled him conclusively as such.

The Weather God
It is a requirement to be an elemental for Storm to be an Omega because she's an elemental? Seriously what are you talking about.
Because storm would be just like iceman once she becomes an elemental, there would be no evidence to suggest that storm wouldn't be then.

First off, what? No idea what you were trying to say.

Storm can lower temperatures far below zero but if she does this in the same place she is in then she'll die , her body can't handle her powers.

And secondly, seriously I don't care what you found on wikipedia.

fine by me seeing that this is the only source we're getting our omega info from to know anything about omega leveled.

The Weather God
Wow she can exist without a consciousness, that's mighty impressive. Gibberish. Iceman is an Omega, because Xavier and X-Men writers have labelled him conclusively as such.

They don't just pick anybody to become an omega, they have to have some type of requirements before they are considered omega.

xmarksthespot
Because storm would be just like iceman once she becomes an elemental, there would be no evidence to suggest that storm wouldn't be then.What? Think then type. Otherwise it's just a waste of bandwidth.

Being an elemental is not a requirement.
Storm can lower temperatures far below zero but if she does this in the same place she is in then she'll die , her body can't handle her powers. Iceman can lower temperatures to basically absolute zero. Bullshit speculation about what Storm could do if she was an Omega does not make her an Omega.
fine by me seeing that this is the only source we're getting our omega info from to know anything about omega leveled. Uh... it may be the only place you get your info. It labels Mr Immortal an Omega, based on a story on IGN, who's power is to be immortal and doesn't even fit it's own descriptions.

The Weather God
What? Think then type. Otherwise it's just a waste of bandwidth.
I think you need to be telling yourself that.

Being an elemental is not a requirement.
Well then why is iceman an omega and storm's not?
Iceman can lower temperatures to basically absolute zero. Bullshit speculation about what Storm could do if she was an Omega does not make her an Omega.
Storm can lower temperatures to basically absolute zero in her current state. I was saying that storm is not able to turn into a ice-form like iceman in her current state. Her elemental would be able to and therefor they're powers would be the same and therefor storm should be omega level.

Uh... it may be the only place you get your info. It labels Mr Immortal an Omega, based on a story on IGN, who's power is to be immortal and doesn't even fit it's own descriptions.

Ok then where is your profile on what is omega and what is not? you don't have one so who are you to say she is not one if you don't even know what omega is?

xmarksthespot
I think you need to be telling yourself that. Okay... spend more time making your posts coherent, and less with "I know you are, but what am I.", and maybe I wouldn't have to tell you that.
Well then why is iceman an omega and storm's not?Because he's stated conclusively and unambiguously on panel as an Omega by legitimate sources e.g. Xavier, in X-comics, by X-writers.
Storm can lower temperatures to basically absolute zero in her current state. I was saying that storm is not able to turn into a ice-form like iceman in her current state. Her elemental would be able to and therefor they're powers would be the same and therefor storm should be omega level.No she can't. And no that wouldn't make her an Omega.
Ok then where is you profile of what is omega and what is not? you don't have one so who are you to say she is not one if you don't even know what omega is? 1) You've shown you have a poor understanding of the Omega concept.
2) If a legitimate source in a canon comic, by a capable and respected writer, comes out and says Squirrel Girl is an Omega mutant. She is, regardless of my own personal definition of Omega.
3) Every mutant is therefore a possible Omega mutant.

bigbran
If a legitimate source in a canon comic, by a capable and respected writer, comes out and says Squirrel Girl is an Omega mutant. She is, regardless of my own personal definition of Omega. She isn't?

xmarksthespot
She isn't? Well she did beat Thanos... doped

The Weather God
Okay... spend more time making your posts coherent, and less with "I know you are, but what am I.", and maybe I wouldn't have to tell you that.
Or maybe you just need to lay off the god damn insults and stay more on topic with the god damn point.
Because he's stated conclusively and unambiguously on panel as an Omega by legitimate sources e.g. Xavier, in X-comics, by X-writers.
So you believe that anyone can be omega without any meaning as to why they are omega? What would be the reason of omega if anyone is chosen to be omega.
No she can't. And no that wouldn't make her an Omega.
Then what would? and storm can lower temperatures to zero, the only reason she doesn't is because it would kill her.

1) You've shown you have a poor understanding of the Omega concept.
2) If a legitimate source in a canon comic, by a capable and respected writer, comes out and says Squirrel Girl is an Omega mutant. She is, regardless of my own personal definition of Omega.

Then you truly believe that anyone can be chosen to become an omega am i correct?

Atleast wikipedia's made better sense then that

xmarksthespot
So you believe that anyone can be omega without any meaning as to why they are omega? What would be the reason of omega if anyone is chosen to be omega.I've already stated numerous times I think Omega in itself is a meaningless label.
Then what would? and storm can lower temperatures to zero, the only reason she doesn't is because it would kill her.I said "absolute zero". no expression Run along and wikipedia it.
Then you truly believe that anyone can be chosen to become an omega am i correct? I have ideas of who else should be an Omega, who would fit with the current Omega mutants. There's a very old thread floating around somewhere with my definition. But they aren't Omega mutants, because they haven't been labelled conclusively as such.

If Marvel X-writers had decided to label Squirrel Girl, or Jubilee or Beak before M-Day. They would be Omega mutants.

The Weather God
I've already stated numerous times I think Omega in itself is a meaningless label.
I said "absolute zero". no expression Run along and wikipedia it.
I have ideas of who else should be an Omega, who would fit with the current Omega mutants. But they aren't Omega mutants, because they haven't been labelled as such.

If Marvel X-writers had decided to label Squirrel Girl, or Jubilee or Beak before M-Day. They would be Omega mutants.

Ok you keep your opinion and ii'll keep mine then

But just in case your still thinking storm can't freeze to zero
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3152/flashfrozen6mp.jpg

He was using storm's powers and her body(canon)

xmarksthespot
Seriously, go google "absolute zero."

This is what I consider an Omega, from the old thread:
"The four confirmed Omega mutants are:
Quentin Quire
Elixir
Phoenix
Iceman

An important thing that Elixir shows is that the power does not necessarily have to be destructive/offensive in nature.
If you want to define what should be considered an Omega mutant you should instead consider what the common features are between these four mutants.

Imo defining Omega has two criteria - type of power and potential of power for growth - and both must be fulfilled in order to qualify.

Type of power:
Psionic manipulation of one or more (forms of) components of Marvel reality - matter, energy and consciousness.
Phoenix - matter and energy in general, and consciousness.
Iceman - kinetic energy
Kid Omega - consciousness
Elixir - organic matter, biochemical energetics

Level of power:
Their powers have the potential to expand in such an exponential fashion that their limits - if they do indeed have limits at all - to what they can do with their powers and to what scale they can use them are so far above other mutants that they effectively have no limits when compared to other mutants. The four confirmed Omega's are at different stages in their powers.
Phoenix has achieved her full potential.
Iceman has achieved some of his potential.
Kid Omega has to an extent as well.
Elixir hasn't yet done anything that impressive.

With younger mutants there is more leeway for them to be later revealed as omega mutants. For the old guard I'd say it is unlikely e.g. Xavier is imo a very powerful alpha mutant but not an omega - he's lived about 60 years(?), his powers are pretty much honed to their attainable maximum.

Three of the four have also shown the ability to transcend a corporeal form and exist as a a self-sustaining consciousness that may inhabit inorganic matter and/or energy (with Elixir being the only exception). So the ability to do this as power develops may be a requirement as well. All of the mutants acquired their powers naturally so imo mutants that have been enhanced by technological means should not be considered."
"In the MU not everyone has a relative peak. You could say Jean Grey has peaked as Phoenix, but then her abilites dwarf every other mutants so much that in relation to them her peak is infinity.

From what I understand there are two requisites of being an omega, the nature of the mutant power and the ultimate limitations of the progression of that power.

1) Their mutant power involves the manipulation of energy, time, reality, matter on an atomic scale or a combination of the aforementioned.
2) Omega mutant abilities have unlimited potential to expand to be inconceivably powerful.

The power does not need to necessarily be destructive e.g. Josh Foley/Elixir manipulates organic matter to heal and his abilities have unlimited potential.

Cypher had no limits on his ability to translate languages. Forge theoretically has no limits on what he can build. They would not be considered omegas though.

Magneto can manipulate energy, and is incredibly skilled in the use of his abilities. Elixir manipulates matter, and is not very skilled in the use of his abilities. But Elixir is an omega while Magneto is not because Magneto has peaked while Elixir may never peak in relation to other mutants."

Storm may or may not fit my definition, doesn't matter she isn't one until stated conclusively.

And if someone who doesn't fit my definition is stated as one, it doesn't matter, they still are an Omega.

The Weather God
Subzero literally means "beneath zero." As such, it is usually used for negative numbers, especially with regards to temperature. the icestorm was sub-zero levels.

xmarksthespot

The Weather God

The Weather God

See above comment about thinking, typing and bandwidth.

and you just had to say that didn't you?

That was an incredibly long post, you really didn't expect me to sit there and read that entire thing while i'm tired

anyway i gotta go, chat with you about this tommorow

xmarksthespot
and you just had to say that didn't you? Yes. I'm a bastard.

montrail
MY mistake, it was 1979 from Rampage Magazine(UK)

Wait..what? Where did this come from? What article. Thats very interesting...

HandOfFate
1) You've shown you have a poor understanding of the Omega concept.

I would be surprised if you fully understand Marvel's definition of Omega mutants, seeing that we have such few clues to identify one. confused

2) If a legitimate source in a canon comic, by a capable and respected writer, comes out and says Squirrel Girl is an Omega mutant. She is,

IMHO, you really should stop saying that. Even if you don't like Hudlin, he still has more authority to classify somebody as an Omega mutant then you do.

It written in a Marvel book so there a high possibility that she is an Omega mutant.

I hope that didn't come off rude big grin

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by HandOfFate
I would be surprised if you fully understand Marvel's definition of Omega mutants, seeing that we have such few clues to identify one. confused I don't claim to. But I do know that it isn't about being an elemental, nor is it purely about flashy displays of power.
Originally posted by HandOfFate
IMHO, you really should stop saying that. Even if you don't like Hudlin, he still has more authority to classify somebody as an Omega mutant then you do.

I hope that didn't come off rude big grin I call a spade a spade. Hudlin is a crap writer. If he wants to call the Storm lookalike trophy wife in his Black Panther comics a "possible Omega" in a random passing manner that's nice for him. Doesn't change that it's meaningless.

Every mutant is a possible Omega mutant.

Brian Oswald
How is that scan of Storm absorbing the power of millions of stars a good feat...she died afterwards no expression Yeah she can do it but if she cant even hold that much power, whats the point? Thats not really that great of a scan to be flaunting.

Rutog98
That's not true. She was not overloaded by the power. The stunt destroyed the ship she was in and left her stranded out in space without life support. It was established earlier in the Brood Saga that she can only survive 2 minutes in space unaided.

The Weather God
How is that scan of Storm absorbing the power of millions of stars a good feat...she died afterwards no expression Yeah she can do it but if she cant even hold that much power, whats the point? Thats not really that great of a scan to be flaunting.

Why is everyone keep worrying about her dieing afterwards? That had nothing to do with the feat at all. The point was she was capable of controlling millions of stars at once.... how hard is that to understand?

Brian Oswald
Why is everyone keep worrying about her dieing afterwards? That had nothing to do with the feat at all. The point was she was capable of controlling millions of stars at once.... how hard is that to understand? laughing laughing laughing

HandOfFate

The Weather God

DarkCrawler
To do that feat anywhere else then Galactic Core would be impossible though, because of distance between the stars. Lightyears away.

At best, she could summon the power of one star. Not that it would not be impressive, there are some really BIG, and I mean BIG stars out there.

The Weather God
To do that feat anywhere else then Galactic Core would be impossible though, because of distance between the stars. Lightyears away.

At best, she could summon the power of one star. Not that it would not be impressive, there are some really BIG, and I mean BIG stars out there.

Not arguing with that but the simple fact that she called energy from that many stars at once show's the true potential of how powerful she really is.

Brian Oswald
edit: nvm im conflicted about how i feel about this stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
I know that, but her physical body doesn't seem to be able to hand much energy. It says in the scans that summoning that energy did not take any more trouble then summoning weather on Earth, so her summoning isn't dependant of the amount of energy. But I doubt that her body could handle even the energy of a single star, considering the power that stars hold. That is why not needing to have a physical body would be useful. If she only existed as conciousness, her power to handle energy would be potentially limitless (as she could not die).

HandOfFate
I know that, but her physical body doesn't seem to be able to hand much energy. It says in the scans that summoning that energy did not take any more trouble then summoning weather on Earth, so her summoning isn't dependant of the amount of energy. But I doubt that her body could handle even the energy of a single star, considering the power that stars hold. That is why not needing to have a physical body would be useful. If she only existed as conciousness, her power to handle energy would be potentially limitless (as she could not die).

He has a number of good points here people.smile

Soljer
So, when can we start pitting Storm against people she has a snowball's chance in hell of beating?

Rutog98

Well, actually her body changes. For instance, she draws physical and spiritual strength from life energies. It was not the energy that was dangerous, but the exposure to space.

DarkCrawler
It looks to me that the energy killed her, since directly after she stops she dies, and it seems to imply that in caption boxes too.

Rutog98
It looks to me that the energy killed her, since directly after she stops she dies, and it seems to imply that in caption boxes too.

I took it as space killed her. She grows stronger spiritually and physically and psychically the nearer she is to life energies. Also, I am going to find that official handbook that came out about a year-and-a-half ago that mentions this stunt. It states that she did this, but left her unprotected in space.

DarkCrawler
Well, it says that the embroy doesn't survive the "ordeal" (which I took as the whole energy thing)...and neither does she.

DarkCrawler
So, when can we start pitting Storm against people she has a snowball's chance in hell of beating?

When the said snowball actually survives in hell. wink

Soljer
When the said snowball actually survives in hell. wink

So, I guess more Storm vs Thor, Quasar, and Silver Surfer threads are on the way. Ugh.

Rutog98
Well, it says that the embroy doesn't survive the "ordeal" (which I took as the whole energy thing)...and neither does she.

Of course she does not. She's in space unprotected

2damnloud

That should be her upgrade--mastery and the ability to harness all the elements of the universe, multiversre, omniverse and make them manifest wherever she wants. There should be a stroyline where she attunes herself to all the realities elements. Of course her limitations and weaknesses should still be her claustraphobia and her emotional state. With more power, it should become harder to control and discipline, but her strength of body and mind and the range of her powers should be upgraded.

It has continuity too--She has created other Planetary weather on earth. It took her a while tho, but with her upgrade, it should happen instantly--an instant Jovian pressure feild 1000 times stronger than that on Jupiter. She has gained control of the elements on other planets and munipulated them.

She should be able to attune herself to the entire omniverse. All the elements should just call out to her, just waiting and wanting to be munipulated from different realities.

That would be a TIIIGHT upgrade.

She should have limitations though. He powers should also work by known physics. None of that crazy, off the wall magic bullshit.

Rutog98
Well, at her full potential, she evolves into a true goddess elemental being. She is not flesh and blood like us.

DarkCrawler
Of course she does not. She's in space unprotected

But she was able to be in space before doing the whole energy thing.

Rutog98
But she was able to be in space before doing the whole energy thing.

She was not. She was in a spaceship when she summoned the full power of the core. The energy she was channelling destroyed the ship around her and left her in space unaided.

DarkCrawler
I've still seen her faint/exert herself multiple times while channeling way less power, so obviously her physical body restrains her.

Rutog98
I've still seen her faint/exert herself multiple times while channeling way less power, so obviously her physical body restrains her.

In some issues, she struggles with calming a normal size hurricane that reaches maybe 500 miles across. In other issues, she stops a hurricane cold that spans an entire hemisphere. On these boards, we give the characters their full credit. Problem is Storm is much more powerful than the x-villains. I like to think that what happens is Storm places limits on her own power to protect the planet and possibly the universe.

DarkCrawler
She can stop hurricanes that span entire hemisphere, but I have never seen her do such feat with ease. And any hurricane you can name is a speck of dust compared to the power of a star. Even the Great Red Spot.

The Weather God
As i said before, the only way storm can use her powers to it's full extent is to become a elemental at her peak stage, otherwise her body and mind will die with too much strain on itself.

Rutog98
She can stop hurricanes that span entire hemisphere, but I have never seen her do such feat with ease. And any hurricane you can name is a speck of dust compared to the power of a star. Even the Great Red Spot.

So? She is written inconsistently. Also, she would be much stronger on Jupiter than she is on Earth. Jupiter is a larger planet with more energies on it. This means that there is more to power her physically, psychically and spiritually.

Also, the reason some of those stunts have been harder for her is because she holds herself back. When she went punk, she let go of some of her inhibitions and some of the things that were difficult for her earlier became easy. Check out Uncanny 175 when she nearly killed the team and Mastermind with her storm. She said that a storm like that would have exhausted her at one time, but not anymore. The reason being she let go of some of what kept her powers in check.

This is also the case in Uncanny 145-147 with Rougestorm. Uncanny 145-147 was a perfect parallel to the Dark Phoenix Saga. In the Dark Phoenix Saga, Phoenix's powers were held in check by Jean Grey's humanity. More specifically, her morality and compassion. MAstermind's mind games removed those elements and Phoenix became the near-infinite/infinitely powerful Dark Phoenix.

In Uncanny 145-147, Storm took the place of Phoenix, Rougestorm the place of Dark Phoenix and Dr. Doom the place of MAstermind. Ororo's compassion and morality is what tempers her powers. Remember, Phoenix prior to Dark Phoenix had struggled in the past with some of her stunts and was even overpowered. Same with Ororo. However, when Dr. Doom transformed Ororo into a living statue, Storm was hit by such a primal fear that she lashed out subconsciously without any thought of the consequences. (See Uncanny 146) The claustrophobic attack stripped away the compassion that kept her power in check the same way Mastermind's mind games removed Jean's humanity that kept the cosmic Phoenix's powers in check. What we got was the birth of Roguestorm who had powers on a par with Dark Phoenix. The lady was near-infinitely powerful and was still growing in power. This is why the issue said that she finally knew what Jean felt as Phoenix. Storm, like Phoenix, was tempted by ultimate power. This is all stated right in the story. However, where Jean lacked the willpower to overcome the thirst, Storm rose to the challenge and overcame it. This is why on the cover of 147 it states, "We did it once, dare we do it again." Its a reference to the whole Dark Phoenix thing.

Go back and reread that interview with Claremont now that 2damnloud posted a few pages ago. big grin
Nice going 2damnloud!!

So Storm struggles sometimes because she has put a block on her own powers. (However, sometimes, she's just plum written down. lol!)

Rutog98
Now, if Storm can summon the full power of millions of stars, imagine what Rougestorm can do! Did you read her description? "Her breath is fire and ice, her voice rolling thunder. She is one with the entire planet and all of its myriad, elemental forces are hers to command..." In other words, this lady was evolving. No wonder she told Thunderbird 3 that she will one day evolve into a true goddess and has experienced evolution herself. big grin

The Weather God
So? She is written inconsistently. Also, she would be much stronger on Jupiter than she is on Earth. Jupiter is a larger planet with more energies on it. This means that there is more to power her physically, psychically and spiritually.

Also, the reason some of those stunts have been harder for her is because she holds herself back. When she went punk, she let go of some of her inhibitions and some of the things that were difficult for her earlier became easy. Check out Uncanny 175 when she nearly killed the team and Mastermind with her storm. She said that a storm like that would have exhausted her at one time, but not anymore. The reason being she let go of some of what kept her powers in check.

This is also the case in Uncanny 145-147 with Rougestorm. Uncanny 145-147 was a perfect parallel to the Dark Phoenix Saga. In the Dark Phoenix Saga, Phoenix's powers were held in check by Jean Grey's humanity. More specifically, her morality and compassion. MAstermind's mind games removed those elements and Phoenix became the near-infinite/infinitely powerful Dark Phoenix.

In Uncanny 145-147, Storm took the place of Phoenix, Rougestorm the place of Dark Phoenix and Dr. Doom the place of MAstermind. Ororo's compassion and morality is what tempers her powers. Remember, Phoenix prior to Dark Phoenix had struggled in the past with some of her stunts and was even overpowered. Same with Ororo. However, when Dr. Doom transformed Ororo into a living statue, Storm was hit by such a primal fear that she lashed out subconsciously without any thought of the consequences. (See Uncanny 146) The claustrophobic attack stripped away the compassion that kept her power in check the same way Mastermind's mind games removed Jean's humanity that kept the cosmic Phoenix's powers in check. What we got was the birth of Roguestorm who had powers on a par with Dark Phoenix. The lady was near-infinitely powerful and was still growing in power. This is why the issue said that she finally knew what Jean felt as Phoenix. Storm, like Phoenix, was tempted by ultimate power. This is all stated right in the story. However, where Jean lacked the willpower to overcome the thirst, Storm rose to the challenge and overcame it. This is why on the cover of 147 it states, "We did it once, dare we do it again." Its a reference to the whole Dark Phoenix thing.

Go back and reread that interview with Claremont now that 2damnloud posted a few pages ago. big grin
Nice going 2damnloud!!

So Storm struggles sometimes because she has put a block on her own powers. (However, sometimes, she's just plum written down. lol!)

Indeed you are correct, they have always tried to keep storm and jean around the same power level because both of them are very much like sisters and can pack a serious punch if you ask me. Storm has held back alot and has been written inconsistently numerous times. Storm had evolved in the UX 147 and became indeed to the level of dark phoenix, they've made this perfectly clear since the cover of the book. Storm fighting meggan at that stage can and will defeat her in that match, her powers work at seriously high scales already so adding
rogue storm makes her on cosmic scale.

Meggan has been defeated.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/453/omegapotentail51qe.th.jpg

Rutog98
So Storm and Jean w/ PF were about eh same power levels. W/out PF, Storm outpowers Jean badly!

xmarksthespot
Huh. So you're actually crazy. Okay.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>