why did the clones stop aging?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth_fidelis
the clones created on kamino were altered to age more quickly.
but once they reached what seem to be the same age as jango did they keep growing older and die after a few years or did they just eventually stopped aging so quickly

queeq
I think more kept coming. We only see them as old as two years after Jango died. I doubt that would make much difference. After ROTS we just don't know.

Blue_Hefner
Maybe he started to use regular people instead of clones.

darth_fidelis
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner

ya probably once the empire was established they started higherinng new ppl.
wasnt kyle katarn once and imperial officer?

Alliance
Originally posted by darth_fidelis
the clones created on kamino were altered to age more quickly.
but once they reached what seem to be the same age as jango did they keep growing older and die after a few years or did they just eventually stopped aging so quickly

Yes...they aged at tiwce the normal rate. Hence the oldes clones were biologically 20 at Geonosis.

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner

I think its almost-cannon that the Emperor cloned mulitple lines for stormies. The original true troopers would have had to have been replaced as they would have been biologically 64 at the time of ANH without any normalization of their aging.
ya probably once the empire was established they started higherinng new ppl.
wasnt kyle katarn once and imperial officer?
Republic/Imperial officers were not clones (if you were implying that), they were hired individually.

darth_fidelis
Originally posted by Alliance
Yes...they aged at tiwce the normal rate. Hence the oldes clones were biologically 20 at Geonosis.

I think its almost-cannon that the Emperor cloned mulitple lines for stormies. The original true troopers would have had to have been replaced as they would have been biologically 64 at the time of ANH without any normalization of their aging.

Republic/Imperial officers were not clones (if you were implying that), they were hired individually.

i know the difference between a trooper and officer.
but if your familiar with battlefront II the legion of the 501st, otherwise known as vader's fist, were introduced on geonosis and according to the game the same group of clones serve the empire until around the time the second death star is being built.
thats almost an 20 year period so the clones should have aged about 40 years.
and i dont think ther are 60 year old clones running around fighting the rebel alliance

JediRobin23
If they started cloning 10 years before EP II, when Safadious ordered the clones, then they are 20 years old because the growth acceleration is twice as fast.
Now, if they sent out the last batch of clones at the end of EP III, 20 years later they would be 60 years old. Its possible that the clones are still around in EP IV. Unless 60 is the retirement age for clones in the empires army, or they just died off, or maybe they collected their pension, and bought some property in gungan city or something

Darth Kreiger
After a while, he cloned other people, and hired the rest(It should just be hired, but whatever George). Jango Clones died out

Alliance
i know the difference between a trooper and officer.
but if your familiar with battlefront II the legion of the 501st, otherwise known as vader's fist, were introduced on geonosis and according to the game the same group of clones serve the empire until around the time the second death star is being built.
thats almost an 20 year period so the clones should have aged about 40 years.
and i dont think ther are 60 year old clones running around fighting the rebel alliance
No. They were likely "retired."

Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
After a while, he cloned other people, and hired the rest(It should just be hired, but whatever George). Jango Clones died out

I'm sure the Empire recruited as well, that explains the reduction of the % of stormies. (Compare ANH to Endor)

Captain REX
By ANH, most stormtroopers were recruits, clones of other soldiers and/or candidates selected for the process, and fresh batches of Jango clones.

But mostly recruits.

Alliance
Really, once the bloodline was polluted, that was it.

I mean come on...watch ANH...there are left-handed stormies. LEFT HANDED! WTF.

No wonder they all get shot.

Darth Scythe

Dude, the real Doc Holiday was left handed. He could have done a drive by on the entire SW crew and left no one standing. big grin

queeq
Really, once the bloodline was polluted, that was it.

laughing out loud

Alliance
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
Dude, the real Doc Holiday was left handed. He could have done a drive by on the entire SW crew and left no one standing. big grin

No. no expression

queeq
Yes, prolly.

darth_fidelis
still no one has answered my question. the legion of the 501st is the same group of clones. they are in the war at the very first battle on geonosis and continue to fight up until around the time the second death star is being built. in the 501st journal they even talk about the new recruits and how they were nothing like the old clones and that they were the only pure ones left. so they have to be like 65 year old stormies or somethin. maybe its just a flaw and the star wars saga.

queeq
Why do you think that? Where do you base your info on that the Stormies of ROTJ are one and the same as the Clones from AOTC? There is absolutley no evidence from the movies that:
a. the OT Stormies ARE clones in the first place
b. if they are clones that they are same as from AOTC.

So I think your question is rather irrelevant.

darth_fidelis
Originally posted by queeq
Why do you think that? Where do you base your info on that the Stormies of ROTJ are one and the same as the Clones from AOTC? There is absolutley no evidence from the movies that:
a. the OT Stormies ARE clones in the first place
b. if they are clones that they are same as from AOTC.

So I think your question is rather irrelevant.

go play battle front 2 and watch the videos in between each battle.
they wre the gruop of clones that killed all the jedi in the jedi temple

queeq
So? That is ROTS, twp years after AOTC... the clones would have aged four years. That's perfectly normal.

darth_fidelis
i know i was jsut letting you know they were responsible for the death of most of the jedi.

here is the link to what im takling about though.
they fought from the battle on geonisis all the way up until the battle on endor.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/501st/?id=eu

queeq
OKay, but that doesn't mean the 501st contained the same individuals during those 30 years. It just says that it was a special forces batallion.

Plus... more importantly.... it's EU!!!!!!!!!!!

darth_fidelis
OKay, but that doesn't mean the 501st contained the same individuals during those 30 years. It just says that it was a special forces batallion.

Plus... more importantly.... it's EU!!!!!!!!!!!

okay i wasnt sure its just that in the game they have like 501st journal entries in between missions and later in the game they start talking about how the "new guys" (new recruits) are different and how they are the only "pure" clones left. and its the same guy that was in the geonosis battle thats writing these entries through out the entire game

pr1983
the guy is probably in his forties by then...

darth_fidelis
Originally posted by pr1983
the guy is probably in his forties by then...
well the legion battled from geonosis until endor,
as far as the narrarator of game all i know for sure is he battled from geonosis up until around the time the second death star was being created so thats more like 50 or 60

queeq
No, even (and this is EU so that sucks) in that SW thing you posted it says most of the clones were too old already. Plus if they age twice as fast they are not 60 but 120... lousy soldiers... Although... come to think of it, that might explain why the Stormies are such bad shooters in the OT: they can't wear their glasses inside the helmets and the Parkinson isn't helping either.

darth_fidelis
No, even (and this is EU so that sucks) in that SW thing you posted it says most of the clones were too old already. Plus if they age twice as fast they are not 60 but 120... lousy soldiers... Although... come to think of it, that might explain why the Stormies are such bad shooters in the OT: they can't wear their glasses inside the helmets and the Parkinson isn't helping either.

ya its hard to get a good aim with parkinsons

Revan Souer
Are there Clones in OTs or have the Empire recuited by then?

queeq
Who knows? There's no canon source for it as far as I know.

Revan Souer
But they all have different voices that either means that they had Unclones as Troopers or they had a wider range of models I guess

darth_fidelis
Originally posted by Revan Souer
But they all have different voices that either means that they had Unclones as Troopers or they had a wider range of models I guess

well if i remember correctly in the game the narrarator says
"there was something different about the new troops, they werent pure like the rest of us"

this could either mean they recruited new stormies or that they were cloned from a different donor.

Alliance

"yes"

Who knows? There's no canon source for it as far as I know.

I agree....except Boba.

this could either mean they recruited new stormies or that they were cloned from a different donor.

Both happened.

queeq
How do you know? There is no canon source.

Alliance
I'm cannon no expression

Clones speak differently in the OT, so there are either new clones or recruits.

queeq
True... but which is it?

Or will the next DVD version have all the Stormies talk like a kiwi?

Alliance
I think they should all talk like Foul Moudama.

Just to make sure we destroy any serious attitude throught the saga...

queeq
A throught?

Who's Foul Moudama? Eu character?

Alliance
Wookiepedia him. Hes that White furry four-eyed Jedi in Clone Wars that carries the Chancellor around during Coruscant. The one who speaks through a pink funnel kazoo.

queeq
I knew: EU!!!! *raises cross to expel Alliance*

Alliance
Karen Traviss

queeq
AHAHHHHHHHH more EU!!! Get the hell ouf of here with EU, go to the other forum.

Alliance
A very small percentage of EU rocks.

And besides...I was making a character comparison, you put that cross down before you crucify yourself. yes

queeq
No EU characters here.. shoo shoo.

Alliance
Shoo dodgy

queeq
AKA go away.

pr1983
well the legion battled from geonosis until endor,
as far as the narrarator of game all i know for sure is he battled from geonosis up until around the time the second death star was being created so thats more like 50 or 60

it was until hoth wasnt it? not endor... unless that level is unlockable in story mode and not just in instant action...

and the guy starting on geonosis is probably in his early twenties... so he'd only be mid 40s at the oldest... and by then he's probably a commander or something similar... and by hoth they were already being reoplaced as you said...

Alliance
And its a loose interpretation of the saga.

queeq
It is, plus they age twice as fast... so in his forties is wrong. It's 20 years later, so he'd look like he's in his 60s.

Alliance
BoGeonosis - Oldest clones are 10 (biologically 20)
BoCoruscant - Oldest clones are 13 (biologically 26)
BoYavin - Oldest clones are 32 (biologically 64)
BoHoth - Oldest clones are 35 (biologically 70)

Clearly ONE trooper did not see all those battles. I dont' know if there is cannon on when the Jango-Clones stopped being produced, but even clones can't fight at 70.

queeq
No canon... all EU.

Alliance
What? Dates are conidered cannon.

Lama Su clearly says that they have been "created about 10 years ago" I don't remember where i got the double growth rate from.

darth_fidelis
it was until hoth wasnt it? not endor... unless that level is unlockable in story mode and not just in instant action...

and the guy starting on geonosis is probably in his early twenties... so he'd only be mid 40s at the oldest... and by then he's probably a commander or something similar... and by hoth they were already being reoplaced as you said...

ya according to the game its up until the hoth battle but if you search 501st on starwars.com and click the EU tab it says they fought on Endor too

Captain REX
I'm sure there's a canon source somewhere that says that the clonetroopers, in their transition to stormtroopers, invited recruits among the ranks. shrug

Alliance
ya according to the game its up until the hoth battle but if you search 501st on starwars.com and click the EU tab it says they fought on Endor too

The 501st LEGION fought, not the actual soldiers. The 3rd US Infantry Regiment started in 1784. They fought in the war of 1812, the US Civil War, the Spanish American War, the Phillipine-American War, WWII, and Vietnam. Are ther still solders around from 1784? No.

pr1983

ah, ok...

The 501st LEGION fought, not the actual soldiers. The 3rd US Infantry Regiment started in 1784. They fought in the war of 1812, the US Civil War, the Spanish American War, the Phillipine-American War, WWII, and Vietnam. Are ther still solders around from 1784? No.

yeah, thats also true... but its the one guy telling the story... stick out tongue

Alliance
yeah, thats also true... but its the one guy telling the story... stick out tongue

Its a star wars historian. no expression

queeq
Originally posted by Captain REX
I'm sure there's a canon source somewhere that says that the clonetroopers, in their transition to stormtroopers, invited recruits among the ranks. shrug

Canon sources are only the movies and the novels that go with it. No one mentions the 501st...

EPIIIBITES
Haven't been to this thread yet...

Why did the clones stop aging?...

...they didn't!!

"Oooo. In my day, we didn't have...Spider Droids..."

Alliance
Canon sources are only the movies and the novels that go with it. No one mentions the 501st...

Loose cannon. Things repeated over and over again smile

queeq
Yeah, but some seem to think canon is an encyclopedia or something that explains everything that is SW.

Alliance
But I'm not doing that. I dont read those things.

queeq
What??? You watch the movies don't you? That is canon too.

Alliance
I watch the movies. I can usually watch them in my head messed.

queeq
So you do 'read' canon.

Alliance
Persay. I don't usually read EU was what I was referring too.

queeq
Ah... who does?

Alliance
I read Travis' RC books.

pr1983
Its a star wars historian. no expression

its one of the members of the 501st, who was at geonosis...

or are we talking about different sources?

Alliance
So? That is ROTS, twp years after AOTC... the clones would have aged four years. That's perfectly normal.

AOTC and ROTS are THREE years apart.

queeq
Whathever... well six years... hmmm....

Tangible God
The problem with Battlefront II is that it makes out that the 501st legion virtually brought about the Empire single-handedly while at the same time remaining pure. That would imply that over the course of 25 years, they lost very little men while fighting in places that, when combined, should have wiped out the entire legion rather quickly.

Battlefront is not perfect canon.

Alliance
Originally posted by Tangible God
Battlefront is not perfect canon.

yes

queeq
it's EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

Alliance
This comming from an EU lover?

queeq
Since when am I an EU lover????

Alliance
Since you think the EU is cannon.

queeq
Whaaaat????? Where do you get such nonsense?

Alliance
cool Its ok. I don't totally hate you for it.

queeq
And it's spelled canon... Cannon is a thing you shoot with... EU preferably.

Alliance
You shoot on EU? Sticky.

queeq
Not if you hit it right.

Alliance
wtf?

queeq
Now what?

Alliance
I dunno.

queeq
Okay.

IrOnTrAiT
The clonse Facilaties were destroyed by episode 4 by the empire as they got human recruits.

queeq
And what is your canon source?

Clones were humans too bTW.

General G
There is no canon source on that.

queeq
EU!!!

Schecter
PU!!!

queeq
WHU?

General G
TYVMNGAP!!

singe_101
Maybe they snuck in some Whill DNA so they could be adults for a really long time.

Is it too far-fetched to say they could slow down aging if they could speed it up? Maybe they do stasis or bacta... something.

Or they stopped making sped up clones. Or maybe it was overlooked later.

Dooku got it done, come on clones!

queeq
So what is a Whill then?

General G
EUEUEUEUEUEUE!!!

queeq
Well.... Whills as EU is debatable...

General G
It is debatable...and I would win. evil face

queeq
Not really because the early drafts of ANH carry the subtitle Journal of the Whills... so it's part of ANH lore at least.

singe_101
Yoda's race, no? That's EU? So he was engineered?

There was another one in Ep 1 (Wheedle?).

queeq
Yaddle

General G
Not really because the early drafts of ANH carry the subtitle Journal of the Whills... so it's part of ANH lore at least.

Yes, but we were never told of what species that was specifically...I believe.

queeq
Who says the Whills are a species? I think it has to do with some Force or Jedi thing.

General G
Exactly! We don't even know what it is!

queeq
Read the early drafts... there is some reference to it. The Whill of the Force or something.

General G
I'm working on it...they are kinda long though...

queeq
Yup. Read on.

General G
I am...I am.

queeq
Faster... stop posting, keep reading.

General G
I am multi-talented.

queeq
*tries not to laugh*

General G
Yeah, I saw that snicker!

queeq
You were meant to.

General G
Your not very sneaky then.

queeq
Should I be?

General G
It's a nice asset.

queeq
I have many nice assets.

General G
Sure you do.

queeq
Gotten quite off topic by now. CLOSING.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.