Batman vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Who has the greater willpower??

braz
Batman by far. he doesnt have to rely on superpowers to get the job done

Darth Martin
Batman

Badabing
Batman na na na na na na na na Batman!

Chuck 444
Really... Batman. All Superman would have to do is go super fast, pick up batman and throw him. Na na na na splat right into a wall

Galan777
Originally posted by Chuck 444
Really... Batman. All Superman would have to do is go super fast, pick up batman and throw him. Na na na na splat right into a wall This is a battle simply of will-power......... its not an actual H2H fight wink

Validus
Superman. He was a candidate for a power ring. Nightwing was picked by Hal's ring above Bruce too.

UniOmni
Was this Zero Hour or another arc?

NiņoAraņa
hmm, Batman i think, simply because even after he gets the snot beaten out of him....he still keeps going

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Was this Zero Hour or another arc?
The Superman thing or the Nightwing thing?

The NW thing was a long time ago.

The Superman thing has been said by Ganthet. Plus, he wore and easily manipulated a GL ring just a few months ago compared to Bruce who could hardly make a construct.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
The Superman thing or the Nightwing thing?

The NW thing was a long time ago.

The Superman thing has been said by Ganthet. Plus, he wore and easily manipulated a GL ring just a few months ago compared to Bruce who could hardly make a construct. I thought Batman did fairly well. But yeah, Superman's self control is a lot better than Bruce's, that's why he had an easier time. I think it's decently comparable with the brute force of the willpower.

Superman's willpower overcame Emperor Joker, and his backwards universe.

In Spectre volume 4 issue 4, Superman and Batman were trapped inside of individual amniotic universes, and Batman immediately popped out of his and then saved Superman. One of the godlike beings of The Nameless, who put them there, immediately exclaimed "Your will is most formidable!"

There's about a million examples like this for both of them.

Darth Martin
Bats has no powers and has to struggle to keep up with the rest of his teamates(JLA). So I have to go with him.

Decay
i really dont know who has the greater will, but just because batman gets hurt more and keeps going doesnt mean that is superman suffered the same he wouldnt be able to take it.

batman has to exercise his alot more because he has all the vunerabilities of a normal person. bane managed to break batmans will in the end, although it took a great deal to do it. doomsday never broke supermans and doomsday seemed unstoppable and undamaged the whole way through up until the very end. not really a valid example to say supermans is greater, but it shows batmans can be broken.

they come from very different places too, batmans anger and pain drive him and supermans desire to save people and do the right thing drive him. so i have no idea, but just because batman is a normal person who fights doesnt mean he wins this. supermans foes are usually enough to hurt him as much as batmans can hurt him so i dont think batmans struggle to defeat weaker enemies really prove anything either way.

Darth Vegas
Superman. He was a candidate for a power ring. Nightwing was picked by Hal's ring above Bruce too.

Exactly.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Decay
bane managed to break batmans will in the end, although it took a great deal to do it. doomsday never broke supermans and doomsday seemed unstoppable and undamaged the whole way through up until the very end.

Did Bane actually manage to break Batman's will?

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Did Bane actually manage to break Batman's will?

if batmans will is located in his spine, then yes

Dreampanther
Yeah, that's what I thought.

newyorkcares
Batman, no questions asked. Superman is amazing, probably the greatest hero ever(sorry,wolvie fanboys) but when it comes down to sheer, raw will power, NO ONE can test the bat. For instance, in that one episode of "batman beyond" bruce is like 85, decrepit, huddled in the batcave, broken and alone.Terry Mcguiness asks Bruce if he wonders why everyone left him in the end. Without a heartbeat of hesitation, Bruce looks at him ,Steel in his veins and conviction in his voice and says "Not for an instant . Unlike me , they didn't posses the courage to do all that was necessary.The mantle of Batman is an honour."

Mindship
Because Batman has no superpowers, he uses his will power differently than does Superman. The two may not be comparable.

Superman knows if he keeps pushing eventually he will prevail. His will power is fairly linear, so to speak, empowered by the notion that he has the physical power to back it up.

Batman, on the other hand, realizes that forging ahead, no matter what, is not always the wise course, if for no other reason than he doesn't have the superpower to back it up. His will is geared more toward adaptation, going with the flow, working with an adversary's weakness rather than trying to overpower it.

The reason Superman was able to work the GL ring better was perhaps because it responds better to a linear application of will power. Batman, being generally more open to change, may not have the right application of will to fully utilize the GL ring. On the other hand, being able to escape from an amniotic universe may've required more of a will which seeks adaptation rather than overcoming by brute force.

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
There's about a million examples like this for both of them.
The way I figure is that any example that doesn't agree with my theory should be tossed out the door.

UniOmni
The way I figure is that any example that doesn't agree with my theory should be tossed out the door.

The best way to debate.

Who cares if the other guy makes a good point, when it takes weight away from your own?

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
The best way to debate.

Who cares if the other guy makes a good point, when it takes weight away from your own?
It accomplishes two things.

1) I'm always right and thus my opponent is never right.
2) I can't be proved wrong.

Really takes the weight off my back.

UniOmni
It accomplishes two things.

1) I'm always right and thus my opponent is never right.
2) I can't be proved wrong.

Really takes the weight off my back.

Man, i gotta go back to school.

It makes you so smart............... confused

H. S. 6
Batman.

It's the one thing he has going for him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.