Ion Vs. DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
If Parallax almost tookout the whole DCU in Zero Hour. What would happen if Ion decided that the whole DCU needed to learn a lesson in humillaty and arragonce and took them all on using all the powers at his dispossal and not holding back one ioda knowing that even if he killed everyone and destoryed the universe tring to make it better he could simply reverse time and undo all of it. Could anyone or even everyone in the DCU stop him, Parallax came very close to rewriting history and Ion has all his powers and the Oblivion force and the Starheart and who know what else he can do seeing that he keeps on discovering new abilities as long as i read about him. Maybe he could even fix the world where Alex Luther and Superman-2 failed.

SO, can Kyle Rayner take on the DC Universe?

Grimm22
No no expression

Spectre being backed by presence kills him easily

Entity
While i can agree with that statement, explain one problem.
He wasn't the one to stop Hal

Entity
Unless u view his choosing Hal as his new host to be punishment?

Ext@nt
Extant would stop him, he'd erase the day Kyle got the ring.

bigbran
Originally posted by Ext@nt
Extant would stop him, he'd erase the day Kyle got the ring. Did he do this to Parallax?

Entity
No didn't think so!

Ext@nt
Sorry Cosmic Extant would.

Entity
I respect your love of extant i really do i have my own personal favorites i would defend to the death but i just don't see a being that can control time beating a being that can control time space and energy along with whatever else he can do

Jesse7
Sorry Cosmic Extant would.

Do you really believe cosmic extant could defeat Ion?

Ext@nt
Cosmic Extant can delete events or entire periods of time from history.

1. He deletes the day Kyle was born.
2. He deletes the day Kyle got the power ring.
3. He deletes the day Jade died.

SpunkySmurph
Cosmic Extant can delete events or entire periods of time from history.

1. He deletes the day Kyle was born.
2. He deletes the day Kyle got the power ring.
3. He deletes the day Jade died.

No. He attempts to. And fails.

And then Ion deletes his face! eek!

Ext@nt
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
No. He attempts to. And fails.

And then Ion deletes his face! eek!

Yeah thats real intellegent debating there.

Jesse7
Yeah thats real intellegent debating there.

Extant doesn't hold a candle to Ion.

Ext@nt
He doesn't have to beat him in a fight he just erases the days which gave him his powers.

Validus
Yeah, it's not as if Ion didn't have complete mastery of time himself. Kyle would be more likely to erase Extant than the other way around.

Ext@nt
And what makes you think Ion has mastery over time? Please provide scans to prove it.

Validus
And what makes you think Ion has mastery over time? Please provide scans to prove it.
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanternv3150pg13xa2.jpg

Kyle had such control of time that he could alter the past without effecting his own present so there goes your whole strategy for deleting the day he got his power. He's everything your boy is and much, much more.

Ext@nt
So its a stalemate, There is nothing Ion can do to Extant. Extant can no longer be erased from time since he no longer has a beggining or end.

brainchild81
Could Ion just knock him the f**k out though?

Validus
Originally posted by brainchild81
Could Ion just knock him the f**k out though?
Clearly and with ease.

Validus
So its a stalemate, There is nothing Ion can do to Extant. Extant can no longer be erased from time since he no longer has a beggining or end.
Must be why he's dead, huh?

SpunkySmurph

Yes, but Ion's powers are by no means limited to erasing him.
Ion can beat him in so many ways, it's not funny.
Just pick your poison.

Ext@nt
Extants not dead, there is copies of him all over the timestream.

And if Ion uses his powers on him Extant can absorb and intergrate them into himself.

Validus
Extants not dead, there is copies of him all over the timestream.
Must be why he was shown as undead being in Teen Titans.

And if Ion uses his powers on him Extant can absorb and intergrate them into himself.
Like he did to Parallax, right?

Ext@nt
Parallax caught him by suprize. One of the Dove powers he got was the ability to absorb and integrate forms of energy into his being.

And there are multipule copies of him in the timestream, even if one was dead there are more. And that was an undead HAWK. Cosmic Extant was NEVER Hawk, he altered time to erase his own origin and made it so he always existed.

Roldz
Maybe Superman with T-vo................................

Seriously probably the only one who could stop him since its DC and all.. If not then DC is doomed... Doomed i tell yah..

Validus
Parallax caught him by suprize. One of the Dove powers he got was the ability to absorb and integrate forms of energy into his being.
A lot of guys can absorb energy. You think Bishop can take Ion down too? Totally irrelevant anyway. Blasting things is the least of Kyle's abilities. The power to do anything you can imagine goes a long way.

And there are multipule copies of him in the timestream, even if one was dead there are more. And that was an undead HAWK. Cosmic Extant was NEVER Hawk, he altered time to erase his own origin and made it so he always existed.
You know, with the big universe shake up that just happened at DC, things like that aren't a certainty.

Ext@nt
Yes it is, Extant's base of operations is Vanishing point which exists outside time and space and isn't effected by changes like that.

Extant not only absorbs energy but can integrate it into his being like he did to Waverider, the Mobius Chair and Worlogog.

SpunkySmurph
Yes it is, Extant's base of operations is Vanishing point which exists outside time and space and isn't effected by changes like that.

Extant not only absorbs energy but can integrate it into his being like he did to Waverider, the Mobius Chair and Worlogog.

But what if Ion doesn't use an energy attack.

Oh, damn, Ion outsmarted you stick out tongue

Validus
Yeah it is since IC wiped out and/or merged every single concept thats ever been a part of the DCU (as a company, not a singular comic universe). A plot device lair wouldn't be exempt from that.

How is his ability to absorb energy relevant to what Kyle can do?

You have two beings. One controls time and absorbs energy. The other does that and anything else he can imagine up to creating and destroying whole universes. Who's more likely to win a fight between the two?

Ext@nt
Vanishing Point was immune to the effects of Crisis on Infinite Earths. And retianed info on all of DC history prior to it. It is outside of time and
space and none of the past time or reality altering events have effected it.

Validus
Vanishing Point was immune to the effects of Crisis on Infinite Earths. And retianed info on all of DC history prior to it. It is outside of time and
space and none of the past time or reality altering events have effected it.
IC had a bigger effect as a whole than the original Crisis, at least IMO. Suppose it could be argued. no expression

Kyle still takes a dump on your boy.

juggernaut66666
Extant died in a plane crash
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/130/1qh2.th.jpg

Ext@nt
perhaps, its iffy. But Extant can just sit at Vanishing point and erase history before Kyle is even aware. And people please remeber hes not using his power on Kyle himself but on DC history.

SpunkySmurph
perhaps, its iffy. But Extant can just sit at Vanishing point and erase history before Kyle is even aware. And people please remeber hes not using his power on Kyle himself but on DC history.

But, if he poses a threat to Ion, Ion either just reverses whatever he's doing to the timestream, or just takes him out.

What history are you suggesting he erases? The day Kyle was born, etc.?

Avalonofthewind
Extant dies a horrible, horrible death if Ion decides.
He's far above Extant.
All of Extant's abilities + practically anything else he wants.
The ability to be everywhere at once also helps. smile

Grimm22
Originally posted by Entity
While i can agree with that statement, explain one problem.
He wasn't the one to stop Hal

It dosent mean he couldnt have no expression

Spectre backed by God/Presence > Everything other than God himself

Galan777
Originally posted by Entity
If Parallax almost tookout the whole DCU in Zero Hour. What would happen if Ion decided that the whole DCU needed to learn a lesson in humillaty and arragonce and took them all on using all the powers at his dispossal and not holding back one ioda knowing that even if he killed everyone and destoryed the universe tring to make it better he could simply reverse time and undo all of it. Could anyone or even everyone in the DCU stop him, Parallax came very close to rewriting history and Ion has all his powers and the Oblivion force and the Starheart and who know what else he can do seeing that he keeps on discovering new abilities as long as i read about him. Maybe he could even fix the world where Alex Luther and Superman-2 failed.

SO, can Kyle Rayner take on the DC Universe? Ion would slaughter everyone except Spectre (fully backed.)

As for this Extant argument, Ion not only can erase him from ever existing, but he can just beat him in so many ways that its not even funny........

Ext@nt
Extant came back about 50 issues later proving he didnt die. There are many Extants out there all over time. He will never be gone.

juggernaut66666
Then he just destroys all time like parallax did

Ext@nt
Extant can stay at Vanishing point which is outside time and space.

Entity
Extant can stay at Vanishing point which is outside time and space.

Yea (cause in all his powers) Ion can control energy which everything in the universe is make of but he can't go there he can be everywhere else in existance all at once but he is incapable of going their.

RIGHT coug*bullshit*coug

Ext@nt
Vanishing point survived Crisis on Infinite Earths and Zero Hour unharmed. Everyone who was at Vanishing Point survived Zero Hour untouched.

It's a null area which is outside the influence of the DCU.

Entity
bump

Roldz
Ion could just go in there as well and do some major damage...

Entity
Thank you and dido!
DC is screwed!

What If...
Lol I've never seen a bigger banboy than Ext@nt.

I think you've beat capt it up...gg.

Ext@nt
Originally posted by What If...
Lol I've never seen a bigger banboy than Ext@nt.

I think you've beat capt it up...gg.

Vanishing Point is Immune to Reality and Time altering.

And What if, you mgith wanna actually contibute somethign to a debate other then petty insults.

What If...
There is nothing to contribute to a debater that doesn't accept facts.
no

So your saying Extant would run away to his fortress of pussiness. So? How is that benefiting ANYTHING? He can niether be destroyed or help destroy Ion. GG.

Ext@nt
Originally posted by What If...
There is nothing to contribute to a debater that doesn't accept facts.
no

So your saying Extant would run away to his fortress of pussiness. So? How is that benefiting ANYTHING? He can niether be destroyed or help destroy Ion. GG.

Extant can erase the day Kyle ever got his ring. He could erase the day Kyle was ever born.

And try to remember he's not using his powers on ION himself. but the timestream. And Ion wouldn't even know it till it was already happening.

What If...
That isn't happening to someone who has equal or more time control, plus a plethora of unimaginable powers.

So your saying he can control time outside of his chamber of time and reality?
Please, EXTANT is going to be the character to save the DC universe LOL.

Ext@nt
He's not using his powers ON ION, he's erasing a day in history which effects the other days following.

manorastroman
And What if, you mgith wanna actually contibute somethign to a debate other then petty insults.

eek! oh, the sweet sweet irony

Ext@nt
I made 3 spelling errors. You did worse yesterday. Can you actually contribute something to the debate?

manorastroman
Can you actually contribute something to the debate?

hysterical

oh man, this guy just doesn't quit. the irony is delicious!

care to point out my numereous typos? i'm always looking to improve. big grin

Ext@nt
Actually I'd like to see you contribute something to this debate.

manorastroman
i love watching the ballerina dance!

dance on! punk

i have nothing to contribute to this debate. spectre>ion>extant, really no debate involved.

Ext@nt
So basically your just a troll?

And Extant can alter the past so that the events that created Ion never happen.

What If...
As can Ion, your arguement is flawed.

Storm vs. Thor.

Both control the weather.
Difference?

Thor has more power over the weather than storm. Like Ion having more control over time than extant (as shown in the scan)

Thor has MUCH more versitilty than Storm. As does Ion to Extant.

Event changing isn't going to do something who can do that same and more, especially someone who rewrote his DNA.

Ext@nt
Yes but listen and try very very hard to understand.

Extant erases the day Kyle got the power ring. Now he never meets the Green Lanterns and never becomes Ion.

Extant never used his powers ON Ion. Just history. If Kyle ever found out he can do nothing to reverse it since he's no longer Ion.

manorastroman
faaaaaaanboooooy. now you're just spitting in the face of logic. the thor v storm example was perfect. everyone understands that extant is using his powers on history, so why don't you understand ion would do the same better, faster, easier.

What If...
Ion goes inside Extants mother's womb and killings him.
Ion extincts that whole family tree.
Ion rewrites his genes to give him a genetic goodybag of every mental disorder in the world...plus aids.

Faster.

Seriously, your being repetitive and illogical.
Extant is not the one to save the DC universe lol.

Ext@nt
Originally posted by manorastroman
faaaaaaanboooooy. now you're just spitting in the face of logic. the thor v storm example was perfect. everyone understands that extant is using his powers on history, so why don't you understand ion would do the same better, faster, easier.

And now your just being a troll.

Extants powers work instainiously, Plus he doesnt even have to be near Ion to use use. My point is Ion wouldn't even know.

manorastroman
no

bigbran
Ion is omnipresent.

manorastroman
yes

Ext@nt
Really? Then how come he didn't know what was happening to him till Hal told him about Nero? Didn't seem to omnipresent there.

Also if thats the case how come the guardians had to explain to him what happened to him? Again, not to omnipresent.

Extant would erase the day he got the ring and Ion wouldnt have the knowlwdge or time to do anythign about it since Extant's power is instantainious.

manorastroman
you're thinking of omniscient. omnipresent is very different. do you have scans that show extant's power being faster than ions? has extant ever altered a history as important and powerful as kyle/ions? if the answer to either of those is "no", than i'll go with the being that's WAY WAY WAY more powerful.

let's have an SAT flashback: storm is to thor as extant is to ion...fanboy.

Validus
Really? Then how come he didn't know what was happening to him till Hal told him about Nero? Didn't seem to omnipresent there.

Also if thats the case how come the guardians had to explain to him what happened to him? Again, not to omnipresent.

Extant would erase the day he got the ring and Ion wouldnt have the knowlwdge or time to do anythign about it since Extant's power is instantainious.
Read the OP. The thread starter specified it was the original Ion WITH his current Starheart magic. In other words, Ion is omnipresent and your boy is screwed as everyone has told you.

Ext@nt
you're thinking of omniscient. omnipresent is very different. do you have scans that show extant's power being faster than ions? has extant ever altered a history as important and powerful as kyle/ions? if the answer to either of those is "no", than i'll go with the being that's WAY WAY WAY more powerful.

let's have an SAT flashback: storm is to thor as extant is to ion...fanboy.

Extant recreated all of history and turned the universe into two rampaging armies of Order and Choas to fight for his amusement.

When did Ion do that?

manorastroman
When did Ion do that?

silly, ion didn't do that, extant did! e-x-t-a-n-t! jeez, U R sooooo silly!

you still haven't shown that his powers are more instantaneous than a being you claimed could recreate the multiverse (ion).

bigbran
Extant recreated all of history and turned the universe into two rampaging armies of Order and Choas to fight for his amusement.

When did Ion do that? Originally posted by bigbran
Did he do this to Parallax?

Ext@nt
Ok, how fast is Flash? Cause he tried to run at Extant at top speed and Extant erased the day he got his powers befoer he could reach him. how fast is that?

bigbran
Ok, how fast is Flash? Cause he tried to run at Extant at top speed and Extant erased the day he got his powers befoer he could reach him. how fast is that? I doubt it was at top speed.
Plus, has he did this to Parallax, if the answer is no, then why can he do it to Ion?

Validus
Yes but listen and try very very hard to understand.

Extant erases the day Kyle got the power ring. Now he never meets the Green Lanterns and never becomes Ion.

Extant never used his powers ON Ion. Just history. If Kyle ever found out he can do nothing to reverse it since he's no longer Ion.
I like how you continue with this strategy despite proof that Kyle is immune to the effects of time tampering. Is it that hard to admit when your favorite character is licked?

Ext@nt
Again show me a scan that proves Kyle is immune to time alterations. and yes it was at top speed. And he didn't do it to Parallax cause at that time he hadn't yet absorbed the energy of the Worlogog and Mobius Chair.

Ion > Extant

Cosmic Extant > Ion

Validus
Again show me a scan that proves Kyle is immune to time alterations.
I'm not your god damn errand boy. If you want scans go look in his respect thread.

Damn, why is it the fanboys who spout the biggest loads of bullshit always the ones demanding scanned proof? roll eyes (sarcastic)

and yes it was at top speed. And he didn't do it to Parallax cause at that time he hadn't yet absorbed the energy of the Worlogog and Mobius Chair.

Ion > Extant

Cosmic Extant > Ion
The Worlogog and Mobius Chair are not high enough up on the ladder to put Extant over Ion. You act like it's the Heart of the Universe or something.

Ext@nt
Originally posted by Validus
I'm not your god damn errand boy. If you want scans go look in his respect thread.

Damn, why is it the fanboys who spout the biggest loads of bullshit always the ones demanding scanned proof? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Worlogog and Mobius Chair are not high enough up on the ladder to put Extant over Ion. You act like it's the Heart of the Universe or something.

Cause without proof it's just your opinion.

I've already explained how he can do it and how fast his powers work. Your just in denial.

manorastroman
uh-oh...you just stepped WAAAAAY out of your league.

Ext@nt
Why are you incapable of contributing anything to a debate?

manorastroman
i'll contribute extant style: ion can remake the multiverse, he has the full powers of parallax and the starheart.

i say extant style because that is a direct quote from you.

Ext@nt
So? Cosmic Extant can alter history however he sees fit and can alter Ion's past before he can do anything about it.

manorastroman
EXCEPT REMAKE THE MULTIVERSE ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

how's this: ion can alter history however he sees fit and can alter extant's past before he can do anything about it.

i think you'll find these alterations have exactly as much worth as the original.

Validus
Cause without proof it's just your opinion.

I've already explained how he can do it and how fast his powers work. Your just in denial.
You didn't explain anything without leaving out key facts from the equation such as Hourman, yes Hourman, being able shield himself and others from Extant's time/reality warp. Also left out the fact that after Hourman shielded the JSA, they whooped the ever living shit out of your precious Cosmic Extant.

Face it, you twisted the facts to make your boy look better. The next time you pick a character to parade around the forum as all powerful, pick one who wasn't beat up by Atom Smasher.

Validus
uh-oh...you just stepped WAAAAAY out of your league.
laughing out loud

Ext@nt
No I didn't and Extant whooped his ass to get the Worlogog, and no one was able to use it as effectively as Extant did. He even wasted Metron twice. They did a PIS ending where Extant over extened himself much like Thanos with the IG and They teleported Extant into an explosion.

Of course that didnt work and he came back 50 issues later. Also he spread himself out all over time and made it so he had no beggining and was never Hank Hall. So exactly how is Ion going to mess with his history since he has always been Extant?

Validus
No I didn't and Extant whooped his ass to get the Worlogog,
Whooped whose ass? Hourman who by the time wasn't actively using the Worlogog?

and no one was able to use it as effectively as Extant did. He even wasted Metron twice.
Metron is Skyfather level. The weaker version of Ion called Parallax bled a universe from his fingertips and was saying he would create a multiverse. You might as well be comparing Silver Surfer to Robin.

They did a PIS ending where Extant over extened himself much like Thanos with the IG and They teleported Extant into an explosion.
He wasn't overextended. Hourman's Hour of Power was enough to protect the JSA who proceeded to open a can of whoop ass on him. Starman stalemated him in a direct contest of energy projection. Atom Smasher physically beat him up.

Of course that didnt work and he came back 50 issues later. Also he spread himself out all over time and made it so he had no beggining and was never Hank Hall. So exactly how is Ion going to mess with his history since he has always been Extant?
Blatant lie. In the universe he altered with the help of the Worlogog, he was never Hank Hall. In the real universe, he was.

"Hank Hall never existed here. In THIS universe, I am, and have always been Extant."

Please cut out the bullshit.

Ext@nt
Its not BS they never said that didn't carry over into the normal universe, your just assuming that. And he showed up 50 issues later when the JSA found young rip hunter.

Atom Smasher never BEAT him up Extant was distracted and Atom Smasher grabbed the Worlogog.

LOL your all THIS mad at me over the Phoenix thing? I had a respect thread up and I had scans proving everything I claimed.

Validus
Its not BS they never said that didn't carry over into the normal universe, your just assuming that. And he showed up 50 issues later when the JSA found young rip hunter.
I'm not assuming shit, son. Metron's own words:

"The universe is healing itself, reverting back to its state before Extant could begin his chaos."

Atom Smasher never BEAT him up Extant was distracted and Atom Smasher grabbed the Worlogog.
If my PC were not acting like shit right now, I'd post the Mr. Terrific and Starman punching Extant in the face and drawing blood. laughing out loud

And listen to yourself, Atom Smasher ripped the Worlogog from Extant. Yes, I really wonder what poor, poor Ion is going to do in this fight. crylaugh

Ext@nt
First off,

They said the universe was reverting back that doesnt mean the spacific alterations Extant made to HIS past were. After all he brought Dove back to life then killed her and then brought her back again, and she was still alive during the "Princes of Darkness" saga and beyond, so obviously SOME things from his alterations stayed.

And yes they distracted Extant and tried to kill him which didnt even work.

And Ion has no such device to help protect him from the alterations. And that artifact is from DC 1 Million so it takes tech that advanced to beat Extant.

You need to get over the fact that you guys lost the Phoenix debates.

Validus
You need to get over the fact that you guys lost the Phoenix debates.
You need to stop posting this garbage, at least when replying to me. When have you ever seen me in a Phoenix topic? I couldn't give two shits about anything related to Phoenix and definitely don't care for the childish vendetta you seem to have against the character.

First off,

They said the universe was reverting back that doesnt mean the spacific alterations Extant made to HIS past were.
Yeah, that makes sense. Everything about the universe will revert....except this tiny little smidgen of a detail. Who's assuming now? laughing out loud

This is what's called reaching.

After all he brought Dove back to life then killed her and then brought her back again, and she was still alive during the "Princes of Darkness" saga and beyond, so obviously SOME things from his alterations stayed.
Dove was never dead. It was a hoax done by Mordru. Considering you bring up Prince of Darkness you should know that since thats where it was revealed. I swear, twisting the truth is beginning to become a habit for you.

And yes they distracted Extant and tried to kill him which didnt even work.
If by distract Extant you mean beat his ass, yes, they distracted him.

And Ion has no such device to help protect him from the alterations. And that artifact is from DC 1 Million so it takes tech that advanced to beat Extant.
So you're trying to imply that Hourman is more powerful than Ion, huh? Nice.

Ext@nt
No your the one twisting things. and Extant fried Dove with blasts from his eyes and brought her back again.

And I'm not saying Hourman is more powerful then Ion but he has tech from a million months in the future to aid him. and they didnt beat the hell out of him.

I provided scans to prove everything I've claimed. You've provided none.

Sorry your the one twisting things. Obviously for WHATEVER reason your trying to pick a fight with me by twisting things around. Sorry scans beat your view of things.

Also they only defeated him for awhile 50 issues later they still encountered him again in the timestream. As he did in Zero Hour, there is multiple Extants still out there running around the timestream.

Ext@nt
Oh and by the way when they sent him into the explosion the universe had reverted back yet he was still Cosmic Extant. So yeah not everything was reverted.

You have a problem with me that I don't understand the nature of.

Validus
No your the one twisting things. and Extant fried Dove with blasts from his eyes and brought her back again.
Spell it with me.

R-E-T-C-O-N

Yes, boys and girls. That spells retcon.

Dove is alive because she was never dead. Period. End of story. I like how you try to use Prince of Darkness as evidence of an Extant feat while simultaneously ignoring the in story explanation that Mordru is the reason Dove is still alive. Absolutely pathetic.

And I'm not saying Hourman is more powerful then Ion but he has tech from a million months in the future to aid him. and they didnt beat the hell out of him.
Hourman did not use the Worlogog against Extant. Get that through your head. Hourman #1 said he gave up the vast majority of the power he once had to make himself more like the prevois Hourmen. Get that through your head. Even with the Worlogog, he did nothing to prove he was even approaching Kyle's level. Get that through your head.

I provided scans to prove everything I've claimed. You've provided none.
The only thing you've provided is your jank ass interpretations.

Sorry your the one twisting things.
Look boys and girls, how the little one claims I'm twisting facts while in the same post acknowledging my points or ignoring the ones he can't come up with a bullshit excuse for. smile

Obviously for WHATEVER reason your trying to pick a fight with me by twisting things around. Sorry scans beat your view of things.
I'm not picking a fight. I'm debating. That is what the forum is for. If you can't handle it, leave the forum. I doubt anyone will miss you.

Also they only defeated him for awhile 50 issues later they still encountered him again in the timestream. As he did in Zero Hour, there is multiple Extants still out there running around the timestream.
Even if there are multiple Extant's as you claim, that doesn't change the fact that one of them died in a plane crash.

juggernaut66666
Parallax treated Extant like a b!tch. I wonder what would Ion do to him if he would go mad
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2269/1yu5.th.jpg

Validus
Prior comics mean nothing in the face of a retcon. Dove never died. Deal with it. You can't pick and choose what evidence your going to use.

And I'm not saying Hourman is more powerful then Ion but he has tech from a million months in the future to aid him. and they didnt beat the hell

Avalonofthewind
The next time you pick a character to parade around the forum as all powerful, pick one who wasn't beat up by Atom Smasher.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Supreme being
No Ion cant beat the whole DC universe.

What If...

Ext@nt
1. I wasnt reffering to the Worlogog, Validus I was reffering to Hourmans Hourglass thing that protected them. That tech is also from DC 1 Million.

2. He still remianed Cosmic Extant even after the universe was changed back showing some of his changes stayed.

3. Parallax did that to Extant BEFORE he absrobed the powers of the Worlogog and Mobuis Chair. I believe I said many posts ago that normal Extant would get his ass kicked. You should get your facts straight.

No, I'M debating, YOUR being an a$$hole. Words like "Jack Ass", "Pathetic", "The little one" show that there is something personal in this for you or can you only debate by being rude to the other person.

And for the record the only people on here who want to see me gone is the Phoenix Fanboys.

5. When my Respect thread was up I provided scans to back up everything I claimed about Extant as many memebers can attest to. You however have provided no proof of your twisted version of events. Where are YOUR scans, and before you say "I'm not doing your job for you", It's not doing MY job, it's doing YOUR's, you claim I'm wrong its up to YOU to prove it with scans.

6. What if, Everyone on here knows I hate Phoenix Fanboys, your not posting anything that isn't already commonly known, why not try ADDING something to the debate other then just trolling? If you can't then by all means leave. I doubt ANYONE will miss a troll.

I'm sure your just going to respond to this with some petty insult that addresses none of my points. But they are true none the less.

manorastroman
I doubt ANYONE will miss a troll.

I'm sure your just going to respond to this with some petty insult that addresses none of my points.

Jumpy laughing hysterical

THIS GUY IS UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Ext@nt
It appears I was right, on many levels.

Tron
Let's try to keep it civil in here folks.

It appears I was right, on many levels.

Actually, it doesn't appear like anything, cause Validus or anyone else hasn't had a chance to counter your statement yet.

Validus
1. I wasnt reffering to the Worlogog, Validus I was reffering to Hourmans Hourglass thing that protected them. That tech is also from DC 1 Million.
So I suppose we're all to assume this tech puts Hourman on par with someone who is at least Eternity level in scope and power?

Hourman shielded the JSA from Extant's temporal entropic power right? Yes, right, because he said so himself.

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/7232/1507te5.th.jpg

Well here's something funny. Normal old Green Lantern Kyle Rayner has both contained and absorbed entropic energies.

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=187ox.jpg
http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=191ip.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12blind6ew.jpg
http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1617blind2ov.jpg
http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=18blind5tw.jpg
http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19blind3el.jpg

We're discussing Ion when it appears regular, everyday Green Lantern has the tools to hold his own. laughing out loud

2. He still remianed Cosmic Extant even after the universe was changed back showing some of his changes stayed.

You're repeating yourself here. I already told you he assumed that form before the universe warp. All I'm doing here is quoting the direct words from Metron.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6733/1513dg4.th.jpg

3. Parallax did that to Extant BEFORE he absrobed the powers of the Worlogog and Mobuis Chair. I believe I said many posts ago that normal Extant would get his ass kicked. You should get your facts straight.
Who needs Parallax when the JSA can get the job done themselves? smile

http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1507te5.jpg
http://img480.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1508ff2.jpg
http://img274.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1509ar4.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1510uy7.jpg
http://img480.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1511vk0.jpg
http://img480.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1512nh3.jpg

4. No, I'M debating
Oh so thats what you call it? sick

And for the record the only people on here who want to see me gone is the Phoenix Fanboys.
So, uh, GalacticStorm? This is irrelevant anyway.

5. When my Respect thread was up I provided scans to back up everything I claimed about Extant as many memebers can attest to. You however have provided no proof of your twisted version of events. Where are YOUR scans, and before you say "I'm not doing your job for you", It's not doing MY job, it's doing YOUR's, you claim I'm wrong its up to YOU to prove it with scans.

rolling on floor laughing

Galan777
What comics are those scans from Val?

Validus
Originally posted by Galan777
What comics are those scans from Val?
The JSA curbstomp, ya know, the one with Dr. Mid-Nite having the all powerful Extant on the ground is from JSA #15. The GL scans are from GL #167.

Galan777
The JSA curbstomp, ya know, the one with Dr. Mid-Nite having the all powerful Extant on the ground is from JSA #15. The GL scans are from GL #167. laughing well muchos gracias for the info!

kevdude
Who could beat Ion? The Spectre, Archangel Michael, The Word or Lucifer Morningstar could defeat him. Takion would probably give him a good run too.

Soljer
Originally posted by kevdude
Who could beat Ion? The Spectre, Archangel Michael, The Word or Lucifer Morningstar could defeat him. Takion would probably give him a good run too.

Maybe erm.

It's odd, but if you go to the Ion respect thread, you'll see the Spectre almost treating ION as an equal.

Ext@nt
Gee you really like leaving out facts don't you

It was not a JSA curbstomp.

It was
JSA
Metron
Hourman and his tech from DC 1 million
Mordu, the most powerful Lord of Chaos
A fraction of the Worlogog itself

Heres a clip of Mordu helping Dr Fate telling him about the Worlogog fragment

http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/3464/extant24eo9.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9550/extant25sd2.jpg
http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/6057/extant23sp7.jpg

By the way the Worlogog fragment in the hourglass is what protected them.

Here's what happened when Green Lantern tried to fight Extant:
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1345/extant3it1.th.jpg

Metron tries to recover the Mobius Chair, after getting his ass kicked once,

http://img278.imageshack.us/img278/2445/extant21ps8.jpg
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5614/extant12yz7.jpg

Opps, he got his ass kicked AGAIN befoer he could reach it.

Look before they use the Worlogog fragment and Amulet of Nabu, Extant is kicking THEIR asses!

http://img278.imageshack.us/img278/1205/extant22vn5.jpg

Here's what happened when the JSA first fought the non-cosmic Extant

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4310/extant1no1.th.jpg

Gee, he killed Dr Fate and Atom in one shot.
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2664/extant2ha3.th.jpg

And now he aged everyone else but Green Lantern.

Here's where Flash tried to reach him and found out what Extant can do with time.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2799/extant8mr3.th.jpg

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1337/extant9ta0.th.jpg

Oh look, NON-Cosmic Extant holds the ENTIRE JSA at bay.
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/5298/extant0cw5.th.jpg

Oh and 50 issues later while in the timestream trying to save the original hourman's soul. They run into one of Extant's copies.

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/997/extant20jq4.jpg

Oh look he takes them again.

I never said Extant couldnt be defeated but you need to recognize and respect the amount of power it took to do the job.

Without the Worlogog Fragment inside the robot Hourman, they woudlve been erased the moment they left Vanishing point.

Ext@nt
Also in those clips several people talk about just how powerful he is.

batdude123

It was
JSA
Metron

Look before they use the Worlogog fragment and Amulet of Nabu, Extant is kicking THEIR asses!

Here's where Flash tried to reach him and found out what Extant can do with time.

Oh and 50 issues later while in the timestream trying to save the original hourman's soul. They run into one of Extant's copies.

I never said Extant couldnt be defeated but you need to recognize and respect the amount of power it took to do the job.

Without the Worlogog Fragment inside the robot Hourman, they woudlve been erased the moment they left Vanishing point.

Pwned.

Ext@nt
Who? Him or me?

batdude123
Who? Him or me?

Validus=pwned

Ext@nt
Yeah, he seems to have a personal thing against me for some reason. I can understand the Phoenix Fanboys doing it but I dont get why he did.

And He makes it sound like the JSA just decided to fight harder or something. Which isnt true. It took a combination of the Amulet of Nabu and a fraction of the Worlogog itself plus Hourman's 853rd Century tech and Metron plus the JSA givng their all to take him down.

It is prolly the hardest battle they ever fought and they need ALLOT of outside help to do the job.

I don't mind admitting my fave guy can be beat, but I really get mad when people make him out to be a pu$$y.

Validus
*yawn*

It was
JSA
Metron

Mordru only told Hector what Extant's weakness was. A weakness Kyle would already know by the way.

I posted the entire JSA fight. Metron helped by blasting Extant once. Ya know, right after Starman clocked him with a left hook that drew blood?

The fragment protected them from his entropic powers. Those words are directly from Hourman's mouth. You can't argue against it. I already posted scanned proof that Green Lantern Kyle Rayner has no problem with entropic energies. Moot point.

Alan Scott != Kyle Rayner

A last second shield from Kyle took a direct shot from Extant in Zero Hour and he was no worse for wear.

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zerohour2162jw.jpg

Metron is a low level Skyfather. Ion is not. This is like me posting a scan of Superman beating Aquaman as evidence of him beating Odin. Get a clue kid.

All of this is totally irrelevant as to a discussion of Extant beating Ion. Should I be impressed that Extant can choke out the Wildcat? Jeez, even Captain Atom can do that. laughing out loud

The JSA? I respect them fully. smile

Posting a dozen scans of Extant choking out Wildcat means nothing when compared to a guy strong enough to battle The Spectre and give him a fight. Show me Extant beating anyone near the power of level of Ion and you might have a case. As it stands, we have Parallax talking down to him like a child.

And I've already shown Kyle can absorb and contain entropic energy. Moot point.

Validus
I don't mind admitting my fave guy can be beat, but I really get mad when people make him out to be a pu$$y.
Never called you a pussy but I am implying you're a dumbass. Your "fave guy" isn't all that. smile

By the way, you still haven't admitted Kyle wins this fight.

Big Sexy
Never called you a pussy but I am implying you're a dumbass. smile laughing

Ext@nt
LOL,

Some people just don't know when they are beaten do they?

The starman thing and all your other clips are AFTER they used the Amulet and fraction of the Worlogog to make themselves immune.

Even if Ion knew about it, he wouldn't have the amulet nor the fragment to take advantage of it.

Without the Amulet and Fragment as wel as assitance from Metron and Mordu. The JSa woudlve gotten there ass handed to them as they always did in every other fight.

Oh and as far as Alan Scott's showing against him, bearly escaping with your life is nothign to be proud of when most of your teammates are dead or dying.

Try posting the WHOLE story not just the peices you like.

I believe batdude123 said it best,

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5033/extantpwnednt9.png

Validus
LOL,

Some people just don't know when they are beaten do they?

The starman thing and all your other clips are AFTER they used the Amulet and fraction of the Worlogog to make themselves immune.
Yes and Kyle is already immune. Guess what happens?

Even if Ion knew about it, he wouldn't have the amulet nor the fragment to take advantage of it.
He doesn't need them. A power ring is enough to shield him.

Without the Amulet and Fragment as wel as assitance from Metron and Mordu. The JSa woudlve gotten there ass handed to them as they always did in every other fight.
Sad they didn't.

Oh and as far as Alan Scott's showing against him, bearly escaping with your life is nothign to be proud of when most of your teammates are dead or dying.
What the hell does Alan Scott have to do with anything? laughing out loud

Try posting the WHOLE story not just the peices you like.

I believe batdude123 said it best,

You realize Batdude is just screwing around with you, right? confused

Ext@nt
Yes and Kyle is already immune. Guess what happens?
He doesn't need them. A power ring is enough to shield him.
Sad they didn't.
What the hell does Alan Scott have to do with anything? laughing out loud

You keep saying Ion is immune to time altering but youve never actually proven it with scans, (Which is YOUR job, NOT ours) And even if HE is his past selves are NOT. and thats where Extant would attack.

You claimed Alan Scott was able to use his ring to sheild himself from Extant's aging of the JSA, which is true because Extant wasn't focusing on him alone. When he did focus on Alan Scott, he drained his ring of power. Gee it didnt shield him THAT time.

So yes I agree that with the full power of Nabu's amulet, a peice of the Worlogog, Metron's and Mordu's help with the JSA fighting like hell to their very limits Extant was beaten.

Extant would erase Ion's past before he knew what was happening.

I say again.

Validus
You keep saying Ion is immune to time altering but youve never actually proven it with scans, (Which is YOUR job, NOT ours) And even if HE is his past selves are NOT. and thats where Extant would attack.
I've shown several scans of Kyle either absorbing entropic energy, containing entropic energy, or taking a direct shot and not being harmed. All scans of Kyle as Green Lantern no less. We've seen Ion say changes to the past won't affect him in the present. You even acknowledged that on page 1 when you tried to say it was a stalemate. You don't even agree with yourself at this point.

You claimed Alan Scott was able to use his ring to sheild himself from Extant's aging of the JSA, which is true because Extant wasn't focusing on him alone. When he did focus on Alan Scott, he drained his ring of power. Gee it didnt shield him THAT time.
I never claimed jack shit about Alan Scott. Now I know you're not reading.

So yes I agree that with the full power of Nabu's amulet, a peice of the Worlogog, Metron's and Mordu's help with the JSA fighting like hell to their very limits Extant was beaten.
It was Hourman and only Hourman who shielded the team. Metron and Mordru did nothing in that fight.

"I'm extending 1/15th of my Hour of Power to each of you. The energized tachyons in my hourglass should shield you from Extant's entropic power..."

Extant would erase Ion's past before he knew what was happening.
Except I've proven several times this won't happen.

I say again.
Cute picture, little one.

batdude123
I've shown several scans of Kyle either absorbing entropic energy, containing entropic energy, or taking a direct shot and not being harmed. All scans of Kyle as Green Lantern no less. We've seen Ion say changes to the past won't affect him in the present. You even acknowledged that on page 1 when you tried to say it was a stalemate. You don't even agree with yourself at this point.

I never claimed jack shit about Alan Scott. Now I know you're not reading.

It was Hourman and only Hourman who shielded the team. Metron and Mordru did nothing in that fight.

"I'm extending 1/15th of my Hour of Power to each of you. The energized tachyons in my hourglass should shield you from Extant's entropic power..."

Except I've proven several times this won't happen.

Cute picture, little one.

I believe I already said it best... pwned.

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
I believe I already said it best... pwned.
You're quite the funny guy Bruce.

batdude123
You're quite the funny guy Bruce.

Yeah, I know... happy

Ext@nt
And its the fragment of the Worlogog inside Horuman that allows him to do that and without it They would all be finished. I already covered this.

Extant travels back in time to the day BEFORE Kyle got the power ring and kills him, or travels back in time and kills his mother so he was never born. I think I've said abotu a hundred times he isn't using his powers ON Ion, He's altering the past itself.

Being immune to entropic energy doesnt mean he's immune to someone tampering with his past.

Your right it is a good picture. Accurate too.

And I am nethier a "kid" nor a "little one", I unlike you AM however able to debate without insulting you.

Ext@nt
Also as MY scan proves they needed the aumlet of Nabu's full power to block him as well.

Validus
And its the fragment of the Worlogog inside Horuman that allows him to do that and without it They would all be finished. I already covered this.
Entropy is entropy. It's not some special comic book power that only Extant has. Kyle's power ring is just as good, or likely superior to anything Hourman can do. What you're basically doing here is saying Hourman is more powerful than Ion.

Extant travels back in time to the day BEFORE Kyle got the power ring and kills him, or travels back in time and kills his mother so he was never born. I think I've said abotu a hundred times he isn't using his powers ON Ion, He's altering the past itself.
You can keep ignoring and back pedaling.

Being immune to entropic energy doesnt mean he's immune to someone tampering with his past.
No but what does is Kyle saying he can control all the strings of time and the Spectre agreeing with him. Who to believe? Internet fanboy or on panel evidence?

And I am nethier a "kid" nor a "little one", I unlike you AM however able to debate without insulting you.
No, instead you took the time of day to photoshop a pwned pic. laughing out loud

batdude123
Please, this is just embarrassing. Ion wins this one in his sleep 10/10. laughing out loud

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
Please, this is just embarrassing. Ion wins this one in his sleep 10/10. laughing out loud
Yeah, this isn't even fun for me anymore. sad

Ext@nt
Entropy is entropy. It's not some special comic book power that only Extant has. Kyle's power ring is just as good, or likely superior to anything Hourman can do. What you're basically doing here is saying Hourman is more powerful than Ion.

You can keep ignoring and back pedaling.

No but what does is Kyle saying he can control all the strings of time and the Spectre agreeing with him. Who to believe? Internet fanboy or on panel evidence?

No, instead you took the time of day to photoshop a pwned pic. laughing out loud

And in MY scans, it was stated that Extant has complete control of time as well.

Kyles power ring is not just as good as Hourman, Again look what happened to Alan Scott's power ring.

And no I'm not saying hourman can beat Ion, your just assuming that for some weird reason. Hourman is not the same as Extant, the fragment of the Worlogog inside Hourman may make him immune but he cannot do any of the feats Extant has shown.

And your the one whos ignoring.

If Extant travels back in time and kills Kyle before he ever met Ganthet or Kyle's mother before he was born, then you've shown no proof that this will not erase Ion since he would never have lived to experiance the events which MADE him ION.

All you have is a bunch of half truths and assumptions.

mighty adam
................ is this guy for real? Extant vs ion Extant vs ION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! think about ..... confused laughing ion 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000/10 now please stop this bs and lets get back to the thread

Ext@nt
Let me make this simple for everyone,

In a straight face to face fight they both have total control over time. Thusly a stalemate.

If Extant has prep he can win using the methods I discribed in my last post.

Ext@nt
If Ion has prep he can defeat 1 Extant, but remember there is copies all over the timestream.

Entity
Kyles power ring is not just as good as Hourman, Again look what happened to Alan Scott's power ring.

If Extant travels back in time and kills Kyle before he ever met Ganthet or Kyle's mother before he was born, then you've shown no proof that this will not erase Ion since he would never have lived to experiance the events which MADE him ION.

All you have is a bunch of half truths and assumptions.

Actually Kyle's ring was far superior to Alan's even before he became Ion and when he gave up his Ion powers the first time he made himself a even more advanced ring to use that would always have a reserve amount of energy. So if Kyle's rings can do these things it wouldn't even be the tip of the iceberg for Ion and He could watch and excist outside time and space as shown in GL 150 when he was talking of altering the timelime with Spectre (Hal) so if he also can be outside of time how could tampering with the past effect him.

Also he uses his energy powers to read minds so if he had planed this out he would know to prepare for Extant's assult by reading his mind.

I do belive it is you who has the assumptions and half turths.
Aren't you woundering why you are the only one who thinks Extant can take Ion.

Im sure it has nothing to do with your screen name or those Extant pics on your posts

Ext@nt
I don't ask for a show of hands to back up my beliefs.

Time manipulators are not immune to time tempering.

Extant altered his own past proving that.

And yes Ion could also go to Vanishing Point and be outside the influence of time or reality manipulation. So they would sit there outside each others influence.

And I understand that people beileve Ion would win, I respect that belief, what i do not respect is Validus trying to make Extant out to be some everyday villain thats easy to take down.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Parallax treated Extant like a b!tch. I wonder what would Ion do to him if he would go mad
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2269/1yu5.th.jpg

Validus
yawn

Juntai
ION wins.

Ext@nt
Parallax shot him from behind, and it wasn't Cosmic Extant yet. I've covered this already.

And why are you qouting yourself? Am I to assume you dissagree with your privous post?

Entity
I don't ask for a show of hands to back up my beliefs.

Time manipulators are not immune to time tempering.

Extant altered his own past proving that.

And yes Ion could also go to Vanishing Point and be outside the influence of time or reality manipulation. So they would sit there outside each others influence.

And I understand that people beileve Ion would win, I respect that belief, what i do not respect is Validus trying to make Extant out to be some everyday villain thats easy to take down.

Ok here's my point you keep sayin that Extant could simply go back to the day Kyle got his ring or could kill his mother before he was born and these may be valid points but couldn't Ion also simply go back and stop Extant from becoming cosmic or even being born in the original timeline?

And if that didn't work couldn't Ion read Extant's mind know what his plan was go to Vanishing Point with him and use any of his MANY other powers to take himout? Or simply manipulate Extant's own energys thereby taking away his powers?

And no i definitly don't belive that Extant is an easy villain to beat infact he may verywell be one of the best,
BUT, Ion isn't excatlly Jimmy Olsen with a baseball bat either.

Ext@nt
I never said he was and it may interest you to know I ttried my absoulte damnedest to keep Extant OFF these forums until Galan777 came up with the brilliant idea of making an Extant respect thread and he popped up everywhere, then he said "Go ahead and debate using him cause hes an interesting character and deserves to be talked about"

And now I am stuck in the middle of this mess which has eroded any pleasure I took from debating on these threads.

Extant is hard because he has so many incarnations and given his ability to absorb and assimilate into himself any energy based power (be it temporal or whatever) he has an unknown potential.

Extant is also difficult cause there are copies running all over the timeline.

Thanks again Galan777.

I will make you all a deal, I will drop this and never ever bring it up again, as long as no one makes a thread or brings him up again.

Juntai
I never said he was and it may interest you to know I ttried my absoulte damnedest to keep Extant OFF these forums until Galan777 came up with the brilliant idea of making an Extant respect thread and he popped up everywhere, then he said "Go ahead and debate using him cause hes an interesting character and deserves to be talked about"

And now I am stuck in the middle of this mess which has eroded any pleasure I took from debating on these threads.

Extant is hard because he has so many incarnations and given his ability to absorb and assimilate into himself any energy based power (be it temporal or whatever) he has an unknown potential.

Extant is also difficult cause there are copies running all over the timeline.

Thanks again Galan777.

I will make you all a deal, I will drop this and never ever bring it up again, as long as no one makes a thread or brings him up again. The part that's got people arguing with you, is you saying he'll just use time powers for the win, when ION has control of time as well. In that regard, it's stalematedas far as who can delete who faster is just a dumb ass arguement anyways. However, ION has the RAW POWER to simply whip his ass, as far less than ION has put a stop to the machinations of Extant. I like Extant as a character and hope they bring him back sometime down the road, but as it stands, he's out of his league in a battle with ION.

Ext@nt
Really? I'm starting to seriously wish the character had never been made and that I'd never ever listened to Galan777.

batdude123
Extant gets lynched 12/10. laughing out loud

Ext@nt
I'll tie the rope myself as long as we follow it up with a few people on this forum.

Validus
aww

Entity
Damn i think he's starting to cave

Ext@nt
No I'm not, I still believe Extant has way of taking down Ion if he has prep.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>