The Midnighter vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
I think this would be a pretty good fight. No prep. The fight takes place in New York (Manhattan). Who wins? Bloodlust: ON

capt it up
need some info on midnighter

batdude123
Originally posted by capt it up
need some info on midnighter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnighter

Although, I really don't think it gives him much justice. erm

Check out Digi's "Authority Respect Thread." wink

capt it up
Originally posted by batdude123
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnighter

Although, I really don't think it gives him much justice. erm

Check out Digi's "Authority Respect Thread." wink
will do

batdude123
Anyways, I think this would be a good fight, with a slight nod to the Midnighter. erm

H. S. 6
I'd probably give a slight nod to Midnighter as well.

Probably 6/10.

capt it up
from what I saw I see midnight losing due to the fact he does not have logan stamina or durability.

batdude123
from what I saw I see midnight losing due to the fact he does not have logan stamina or durability.

Stamina? Couldn't really tell ya...

Durability? Actually, Midnighter has taken shots from extremely powerful guys w/o flinching. erm

I don't know, this one's tough...

capt it up
Stamina? Couldn't really tell ya...

Durability? Actually, Midnighter has taken shots from extremely powerful guys w/o flinching. erm

I don't know, this one's tough...
ya but logan not punching he stabbing. I did not see any healing factor under midnighters powers.

not to mention he only slighty above human and can only move quickly in small burst. which seems to me that midnighter can only retain fighting at those speed for only so long.

batdude123
ya but logan not punching he stabbing. I did not see any healing factor under midnighters powers.

not to mention he only slighty above human and can only move quickly in small burst. which seems to me that midnighter can only retain fighting at those speed for only so long.

Yeah, Logan has the claws going for him. However, Midnighter has a variety of weapons he uses as well, and can make anything a weapon as well (considering he has a "Bullseye-like" aim... maybe better because of his enhanced brain and speed).

His speed is more than impressive for being street-level. Hell, he even took Captain Atom by surprise because of how quick he is. erm

H. S. 6

Midnighter does have a healing factor. You didn't read very well. wink

hawkwind
when did he fight capt atom???

batdude123
Originally posted by hawkwind
when did he fight capt atom???

He wasn't fighting Captain Atom persay. He was fighting IN FRONT of Captain Atom. erm

And that was in Captain Atom Armageddon: #8 I believe...

capt it up
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Midnighter does have a healing factor. You didn't read very well. wink
really is it any were near wolverines level?

hawkwind
though i would have to say...... man that would be a good fight.....still pondering............(flips coin)...and the winner is MidNighter.

H. S. 6

Well, he's survived his neck being broken. Things like the common cold last for a few minutes. AIDS was defeated in six weeks. The Doctor used his blood to keep himself alive after OD'ing on heroine.

I'd say it's pretty good. Enough to keep him in the fight and score a knockout, at least.

batdude123
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Well, he's survived his neck being broken. Things like the common cold last for a few minutes. AIDS was defeated in six weeks. The Doctor used his blood to keep himself alive after OD'ing on heroine.

I'd say it's pretty good. Enough to keep him in the fight and score a knockout, at least.

And also takes 'poundings' from Apollo nearly every night... shifty

DigiMark007
Very few are actually fully qualified to speak about both these guys. I'm probably not one of them either, since I'm a MN'er fanboy.

He has some damn impressive showings, especially in combat skills and reaction time. His calculating ability for fights is also second to none. He managed to get the better of Apollo, and has more than a handful of feats where he takes downs super-human types with relative ease.

Killing Logan would be problematic, and Logan also has some decent speed feats.

So unless MN'ers calculating ability allows him to avoid Logan for a very, very long time, Wolverine probably wins this more often than not, simply because MN'ers healing ability isn't quite as advanced as Wolverines.

...a knockout win might be possible, and would give him the majority, but I don't know how suseptible Wolverine is to that sort of takedown.

H. S. 6
And also takes 'poundings' from Apollo nearly every night... shifty

Oh, lord...

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Very few are actually fully qualified to speak about both these guys. I'm probably not one of them either, since I'm a MN'er fanboy.

He has some damn impressive showings, especially in combat skills and reaction time. His calculating ability for fights is also second to none. He managed to get the better of Apollo, and has more than a handful of feats where he takes downs super-human types with relative ease.

Killing Logan would be problematic, and Logan also has some decent speed feats.

So unless MN'ers calculating ability allows him to avoid Logan for a very, very long time, Wolverine probably wins this more often than not, simply because MN'ers healing ability isn't quite as advanced as Wolverines.

...a knockout win might be possible, and would give him the majority, but I don't know how suseptible Wolverine is to that sort of takedown.

Midnighter's durability is insane though. He would last a long time. erm This is close...

H. S. 6
Honestly, I might split it right down the middle, 5/10.

riceroost
Midnighter's durability is insane though. He would last a long time. Yeah he might last a long time against Wolverine's punches and kicks, but not the claw strikes. 1 or 2 of those can put down just about anyone unless they are truly invulnerable or they have a massive healing ability.

batdude123
Originally posted by riceroost
Yeah he might last a long time against Wolverine's punches and kicks, but not the claw strikes. 1 or 2 of those can put down just about anyone unless they are truly invulnerable or they have a massive healing ability.

Midnighter DOES have a healing factor though.

I still think this is a tough call...

riceroost
Midnighter DOES have a healing factor though.

I still think this is a tough call... Yeah he does, but I've never seen him shake off getting impaled in a few seconds. If he loses a limb or a head it's not going to grow back either. He also lacks a good way of dealing out damage to Wolverine. Throwing stars, nightsticks, and the telescoping staff wont do much against Wolverine.

Darth Martin
Wolverine

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Well I've been reading Wolverine for over 10 years and I've read pretty much everything Midnighter has done since just before he joined the Authority....

*takes a moment to let everyone gasp in awe*

I think this is a fairly evenly matched fight for the most part:

Speed advantage to Midnighter
Durability advantage to Wolverine
Tactical advantage to Midnighter
Damage capability advantage to Wolverine
Bloodlust advantage to neither

Most of those advantages are only slight ones at that

After giving this some actual thought....

*takes another moment to let everyone gasp in awe*

I'd have to give the slight majority to Wolverine...

*takes a moment to let everyone gasp in horror*

Maybe 6 - 6.5/10... basically because he only really needs to connect once to slow Midnighter right down... whereas if Midnighter lands a damaging blow it'll just piss Wolverine off

riceroost
Originally posted by Scoobless
I think this is a fairly evenly matched fight for the most part:

Speed advantage to Midnighter
Durability advantage to Wolverine
Tactical advantage to Midnighter
Damage capability advantage to Wolverine
Bloodlust advantage to neither Bloodlust even??? I agree with pretty much everything you said, but bloodlust is def an advantage for Wolverine.

Scoobless
Bloodlust even??? I agree with pretty much everything you said, but bloodlust is def an advantage for Wolverine.

No it isn't.... if anything Midnighter is more willing to kill than Wolverine

riceroost
No it isn't.... if anything Midnighter is more willing to kill than Wolverine No he's not. I dont think there is anyone more willing to kill people than Wolverine with the possible exception of Hitler or Stalin. Wolverine does not like to kill in general, but if he is in a fight and you attempt to use lethal force of any kind whatsoever he will kill you and not feel even slightly bad about it.

And when you say BLOODLUST in general I took that to mean if both fly off the handle and go nuts who can do it better and to a greater degree. And that undeniably goes to Wolverine.

Milkie
Wolverine Wins

Midnighter is good but not that good

Grimm22

I would say he is above Wolverine's level and closer to Deathstroke's level

capt it up
Originally posted by Grimm22
I would say he is above Wolverine's level and closer to Deathstroke's level
did you honestly just say that midnighter healign factor is better then logans lol. laughing Happy Dance

also did you just say that deathstroke healign factor is better then logans laughing laughing out loud

Grimm22
did you honestly just say that midnighter healign factor is better then logans lol. laughing Happy Dance

also did you just say that deathstroke healign factor is better then logans laughing laughing out loud

Im not talking about healing factors no expression

Im talking about power

capt it up
Im not talking about healing factors no expression

Im talking about power
power? then why the hell would you quote me talking about healing factors. you think that midnighter had a highe rpower level?

Soljer
Midnighter. He'll stab his hand into Wolverine's chest and rip out his heart.

And Wolverine'll heal.

And Midnighter'll do it again.

And Wolverine'll heal.

stick out tongue.

Seriously though, Midnighter has been able to impress Superman-types with his speed. When the Silver Surfer or the Runner is impressed with Wolverine's speed, we'll talk.

Till then? Midnighter is just predicting Logan's every move, and is getting there WAY before Logan does.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer

And Wolverine'll heal.

And Wolverine'll heal.

stick out tongue.

Seriously though, Midnighter has been able to impress Superman-types with his speed. When the Silver Surfer or the Runner is impressed with Wolverine's speed, we'll talk.

Till then? Midnighter is just predicting Logan's every move, and is getting there WAY before Logan does.
who did he impress?

also logan has impressed gladeator before

newjak86
who did he impress?

also logan has impressed gladeator before Are you talking about the fight that was supposd to last for days???

capt it up
Originally posted by newjak86
Are you talking about the fight that was supposd to last for days???
nope im not .

newjak86
nope im not . Ok then which one are you refering to???

capt it up
Originally posted by newjak86
Ok then which one are you refering to???
when wolverine defeated more elite imperial guards then any force has ever done.

newjak86
OK then

DigiMark007
Maybe 6 - 6.5/10... basically because he only really needs to connect once to slow Midnighter right down... whereas if Midnighter lands a damaging blow it'll just piss Wolverine off

...pretty much the same conclusion I came to.

And don't overestimate MN'ers healing. It's not nearly good enough to win him the fight if he gets stabbed.

manorastroman
considering how midnighter handled that werewolf-esque creature in the arc with the GodHead, i think wolverine is losing the majority.

and capt it up, gladiator wasn't talking about wolverine when he stated that, he was talking of the x-men in general. and one of the guards wolverine killed was by surprise shot (moreover, it was only a duplicate), the other was just a useless guy made of biohelium.

capt it up
Originally posted by manorastroman
considering how midnighter handled that werewolf-esque creature in the arc with the GodHead, i think wolverine is losing the majority.

and capt it up, gladiator wasn't talking about wolverine when he stated that, he was talking of the x-men in general. and one of the guards wolverine killed was by surprise shot (moreover, it was only a duplicate), the other was just a useless guy made of biohelium.
no he was talking to logan. he was staring right at logan when he said it. he was not refearing to the x-men he was speaking to just logan.

wow midnighter beat a were wolf whoopy lol

manorastroman
you didn't even read that issue. the werewolf's healing factor was WAY faster than wolverines is depicted 99% of the time. and it had superhuman attributes. regardless of who gladiator was staring at, wolverine only cheap-shotted a duplicate and nicked a guy made of helium. i coulda done the same thing with a blowgun.

capt it up
you didn't even read that issue. the werewolf's healing factor was WAY faster than wolverines is depicted 99% of the time. and it had superhuman attributes. regardless of who gladiator was staring at, wolverine only cheap-shotted a duplicate and nicked a guy made of helium. i coulda done the same thing with a blowgun.
what are you talken about he killed four of the guards and koed another 2 or more.

really that were wolf healled better then logan? I love to to see that.

manorastroman
then read the issue. they had to fatally (emphasis on fatally) wound it every two seconds just to keep it down...it still wouldn't die.

i just re-read the nxm issues in question, and logan only kills the two i mentioned, both with surprise attacks. he is about to kill another when gladiator busts in and embarasses him thoroughly. and gladiator WAS referring to the x-men as a whole; logan is unconscious in his arms and gladiator is facing the remaining x-men.

srankmissingnin

So... Midnighter beats Wolverine the majority of the time because he managed beat a third rate rip-off of Logan (Hawksmoor beat him in the end but what ever)? Seriously the one seemingly impressive thing that monster did was out down by Wolverine circa his first mini series. Comparing the two is like comparing a dime with a 100 dollar bill, they are both currency... but thats about it.

Wolverine gets the high majority of wins against Midnighter.

manorastroman
man do you get defensive about wolverine. calling the wolf a third-rate ripoff is the same fallacy as the currency thing...their only similarity is a healing factor. i only bring it up because there seems to be a question of whether midnighter could harm wolverine. considering that the beast had to be FATALLY wounded every couple of seconds just to keep him off his feet, i would say his healing factor is better than the vast majority of wolverine's appearances. the thing also appeared to have superhuman speed and strength, as well as some sharp claws of his own.

yeah yeah, wolverine has a massive fighting skills advantage (in regards to the wolf thing) as well as adamantium. but midnighter is rarely handed a defeatm and certainly not by street levelers.

intelligence: midnighter
tactics: midnighter
strength: midnighter
speed: midnighter
reflexes: midnighter
fighting: wolverine
healing: wolverine

most of these advantages are slight, but i feel like midnighter is consistantly portrayed as tougher.

endrict
very good fight but sooner or later logan will connect and its over.

riceroost
Funny how you neglect to mention Wolverine's massive advantage in Durability and Damage Infliction.

And Wolverine'll heal.

And Wolverine'll heal.

Exactly. Midnighter will have to constantly deal out massive injury after massive injury without getting hit himself. That could happen, but not a majority of the time.

Metalmanx
when wolverine defeated more elite imperial guards then any force has ever done.

When the hell did that happen? What were the circumstances?

Metalmanx
then read the issue. they had to fatally (emphasis on fatally) wound it every two seconds just to keep it down...it still wouldn't die.

i just re-read the nxm issues in question, and logan only kills the two i mentioned, both with surprise attacks. he is about to kill another when gladiator busts in and embarasses him thoroughly. and gladiator WAS referring to the x-men as a whole; logan is unconscious in his arms and gladiator is facing the remaining x-men.

Ah...it sure is great to get the truth every now and then.

Thanks, manorastroman. rock

riceroost
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Ah...it sure is great to get the truth every now and then.

Thanks, manorastroman. rock Too bad he's not telling the truth. Funny how you'll go along with anyone as long as they are putting down Wolverine. Capt it Up was right. Wolverine did take down 4 imperials himself. And manorastroman was wrong about Wolverine being unconscious as well. Wolverine was badly beaten, but very much awake when Gladiator comes through the wall at Jean Grey. Wolverine looks up and apologizes to Jean, "Sorry, I tried to talk him out of it."

Gladiator was talking about the X-Men in general when he complimented them, but considering the only people doing any amount of fighting were Beast and Wolverine it was still a compliment in Wolverine's favor. Especially considering Wolverine saved Hank right after Hank got put down via electrocution. Without Wolverine carving people up the X-Men would not have "taken down more imperial supertroops than any other force in the galaxy."

And in regards to Midnighter's tactical fighting computers lets remember that they only work in his favor if he is being attacked. If Midnighter starts attacking Wolverine that advantage goes right out the window and Midnighter can and has been put down by normal human martial artists in that situation.

Soljer
Be realistic, how often has Wolverine NOT made the first move in combat?

He'll realize that he has to fight this fool in black, and he'll lunge at him, claws drawn, all the while Midnighter is calculating millions of ways to put him down.

shifty

riceroost
Be realistic, how often has Wolverine NOT made the first move in combat?I could list 3 pages worth of instances of Wolverine not making the first move, but that is irrelevant to my point.

Combat is made by a series of clashes. Wolverine will not be making the first move in every single clash during the fight. Midnighter is pretty damn agressive himself. He will not let Wolverine make the aggressive move every single time they attack one another. Sooner or later Midnighter will go after Wolverine, negating the effectiveness of his
fight computers. Then he becomes vulnerable to Wolverine's better fighting skills. Midnighter does not do well without his fight computer telling him what to do.
He'll realize that he has to fight this fool in black, and he'll lunge at him, claws drawn, all the while Midnighter is calculating millions of ways to put him down.And none of those million ways is going to put him down.

Metalmanx
Too bad he's not telling the truth. Funny how you'll go along with anyone as long as they are putting down Wolverine. Capt it Up was right. Wolverine did take down 4 imperials himself. And manorastroman was wrong about Wolverine being unconscious as well. Wolverine was badly beaten, but very much awake when Gladiator comes through the wall at Jean Grey. Wolverine looks up and apologizes to Jean, "Sorry, I tried to talk him out of it."

Gladiator was talking about the X-Men in general when he complimented them, but considering the only people doing any amount of fighting were Beast and Wolverine it was still a compliment in Wolverine's favor. Especially considering Wolverine saved Hank right after Hank got put down via electrocution. Without Wolverine carving people up the X-Men would not have "taken down more imperial supertroops than any other force in the galaxy."

And in regards to Midnighter's tactical fighting computers lets remember that they only work in his favor if he is being attacked. If Midnighter starts attacking Wolverine that advantage goes right out the window and Midnighter can and has been put down by normal human martial artists in that situation.

So what issue is it? What number and such?

riceroost
So what issue is it? What number and such? New X-Men # 124 I believe.

Scoobless
Sooner or later Midnighter will go after Wolverine, negating the effectiveness of his
fight computers.

That's bull... Midnighter has attacked super people first dozens of times and beat them down with little to no effort... that one scan with the martial arts guy is pretty much PIS

riceroost
That's bull... Midnighter has attacked super people first dozens of times and beat them down with little to no effort... that one scan with the martial arts guy is pretty much PIS In your opinion it's BS. I think it's at least relevant for debate since it happened in a book called AUTHORITY. I also seem to remember Midnighter getting pretty badly beaten in Stormwatch too. His fight computers were shut down, but an interesting item of note is that someone who was physically human was able to break several of Midnighter's bones. His natural durability isn't a superpower, since it's due to cybernetic enhancement so Wolverine who is enhanced human should be able to hurt Midnighter's body with normal punches, kicks, etc, without even having to use his claws.

Scoobless
Average showing Wolverine against Midnighter = Midnighter winning 8/10

Peak showing Wolverine wins 7/10

Wolverine2006
How strong is this Midnighter? I'm pretty sure he's not going to get a k.o. on Wolverine if he isn't in the 100 ton strength range.

bigbran
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
How strong is this Midnighter? I'm pretty sure he's not going to get a k.o. on Wolverine if he isn't in the 100 ton strength range. So, you don't think Venom could KO him? Profiled. You don't think Thing could KO him? You don't think classic Iron Man could Ko him?

Shinkuu
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
How strong is this Midnighter? I'd put him at low-level superhuman strength. I can't recall him ever doing anything too outrageous with his strength. Maybe 5 tonner at best.
Originally posted by bigbran
So, you don't think Venom could KO him? Profiled. You don't think Thing could KO him? You don't think classic Iron Man could Ko him? Spider-Man has been unable to KO Wolverine, even after downing him and going all out with all his speed and strength, so Venom should have a tough time of it.
Thing could KO Wolverine, but not in the first hit, and certainly not before Wolverine seriously injures him.
When you say "classic" Iron Man do you mean the original Grey Armor? Because I'm pretty sure that version only increased Tony's strength 10 fold, which would only make the suit capable of 2 or 3 tons at best. And Wolverine's strength is probably pretty close to 2 tons himself.
Why would you even bother asking this question anyway? We all know Wolverine resists Ko from the strongest being on the planet. What more is there to say?

Midnighter should have a very difficult time KOing Wolverine.

capt it up

actaully logan was still awake and gladeator was talking to him. Logan had killed 3 guys and KO couple others. He was the only x-men besides beast to take out any one.

bigbran
Originally posted by Shinkuu
Spider-Man has been unable to KO Wolverine, even after downing him and going all out with all his speed and strength, so Venom should have a tough time of it. Venom is quite a lot stronger than Spiderman. He won't have a tough time, because he wouldn't have to worry to much about being stabbed. Venom would manhandle Wolverine.

Thing could KO Wolverine, but not in the first hit, and certainly not before Wolverine seriously injures him.
Thing could ko him. I'm talking about KOing, not fighting.

When you say "classic" Iron Man do you mean the original Grey Armor? Because I'm pretty sure that version only increased Tony's strength 10 fold, which would only make the suit capable of 2 or 3 tons at best. What do you think I'm talking about?
I'm talking about his Red and Yellow suit.

And Wolverine's strength is probably pretty close to 2 tons himself. NO! The best he has done is hit a dumpster.
He has never (to my knowledge) shown this.

Why would you even bother asking this question anyway? Because I want to see where he stands on how durible Wolverine is. If he says none of them can KO him, then he is a proven fanboy. Was I asking you this? NO! So why should you answer it for him?

We all know Wolverine resists Ko from the strongest being on the planet. What more is there to say? Hulk jobs to Wolverine is all I heard come out of your mouth.
You think in a none Pis fight, that Wolverine is going to stand up to Hulk?
Plus, we all know, that Hulk is an idiot fighter.
And Thor has shown to be able to lift the weight of the world. I doubt Hulk is the strongest on the planet, but that's another story.

Now, I got a question for you. Do you think that Wolverine could even take one hit from Superman and still be awake?

Midnighter should have a very difficult time KOing Wolverine. Did I say he wouldn't?

Ultraman Baltan
Midnighter wins. His speed is already enough to put him ahead, so everything else makes it ten times harder.

Midnighter actually a pretty interesting hero. The whole gay thing strikes me as a little random and stupid, but still, the character himself is cool.

Alfheim

WOW!! Never thought you would say that!!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
The whole gay thing strikes me as a little random and stupid, but still, the character himself is cool.

So..... being gay isn't cool? you want all your characters to be straight? why? what difference does it make?

Ultraman Baltan
So..... being gay isn't cool? you want all your characters to be straight? why? what difference does it make?

No, that's not what I am saying at all. I know people that are gay, and they are my friends. It's that it just feels a bit too random to be well done, I mean, Midnighter and Apollo? I just can't see it, not to mention it is incredibly creepy.

I would like it if they were just single. It makes way more sense.

Juntai

Now, I got a question for you. Do you think that Wolverine could even take one hit from Superman and still be awake?
If Superman's not holding back?
It'd be lights out with his left pinky, because the right is way too strong for him.

Scoobless
Thing could KO Wolverine, but not in the first hit

We all know Wolverine resists Ko from the strongest being on the planet.

Thing has knocked out Wolverine in one hit before.

And Wolverine has been knocked out quite a few times over the years in a variety of ways.

Alfheim
Thing has knocked out Wolverine in one hit before.

And Wolverine has been knocked out quite a few times over the years in a variety of ways.

So whats the deal should Wolvreine be able to fight the Hulk or not? People keep saying its PIS, but Wolverine has adamantuim bones and a healing factor, plus hes a martial arts expert. He has fought people like the Hulk on humerous occassions is it all PIS?

Accel
Considering his traits, I don't see it as PIS that he takes a punch from an angry Hulk and gets back up a few minutes later. It does make sense, however, that if a heavy-hitter were to keep pummeling him without giving him a chnace to heal, he should be KOed eventually.

manorastroman
no, wolverine didn't take down four guards. he took down the little dinosaur guy (which was an m-body) and the helium guy with sneak attacks. then he was on top of the four armed lady about to strike when gladiator came in and took him down.

i wouldn't press the point so much if i didn't have the issue directly in front of my face.

moreover, i still think midnighter's track record (especially with rage-filled claw-donning scrappers who heal incredibly fast) would give him the majority.

wolverine is still susceptible to pressure points, is he not?

Shinkuu
I'm talking about KOing, not fighting. Wolverine is not impossible to KO, just highly resistant. If anyone with some kind of super strength pounds on his head with a car for long enough he will of course be knocked out. The issue is that most people that could knock him out could not easily do it in a fight situation. My question is who will be harder to knock , Midnighter or Wolverine. And I would have to say Midnighter goes down easier.
NO! The best he has done is hit a dumpster.
He has never (to my knowledge) shown this. Yes, but you need to take into consideration that the dumster is not his best feat. That dumster, according to the research that has been done weighed around 1600 pounds, since it was full. Now you have to note that.

Wolverine not only lifted it, he threw it.
He threw it with one hand.
He performed this feat without the added strength bonus of his adamantium skeleton.
He did not strain performing this feat.

You act like that 1600 pounds was his limit. If my maximum lifting capacity is 250 pounds that is with all my strength, using both hands. I would not be able to throw that 250 pound weight either. Since Wolverine threw that weight with a single hand I would say he could easily lift more than twice that weight, which could put him at 2 tons.
Because I want to see where he stands on how durible Wolverine is. If he says none of them can KO him, then he is a proven fanboy. Was I asking you this? NO! So why should you answer it for him?.Because your question is pointless as it does not apply to the thread. All of the people you mentioned are a lot stronger than Midnighter.
Hulk jobs to Wolverine is all I heard come out of your mouth.Then you aren't paying very much attention to what I said. I never said Wolverine would defeat the Hulk. I said that Wolverine has proved he can resist KO from Hulk level punches. That is a true statment and has nothing to do with who would win between the two of them. And yes Hulk could KO Wolverine, so dont bother trying to twist my words again.
Now, I got a question for you. Do you think that Wolverine could even take one hit from Superman and still be awake?Considering people much weaker than Wolverine have stayed awake after being hit by Superman, yes Wolverine could take a Superman punch. Could he take a full power Superman punch? I would say no. But in the nest issue of Wolverine I do believe we see Wolverine getting back up from the Sentry's blows, so who knows?
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Midnighter actually a pretty interesting hero. The whole gay thing strikes me as a little random and stupid, but still, the character himself is cool. That statment is more than a little offensive. Midnighter's homosexuality is one of the most interesting facets of his character. He breaks the mold of the typical stereotype limp wristed, effeminate gay man. He's a man's man that just happens to like men. I dont understand how you could characterize that as creepy. Furries and necrophiliacs are creepy.

heru
Im not sure whos the midnighter so i'm with wolverine baby devil2

Metalmanx
New X-Men # 124 I believe.

There is no such issue. No "New X-Men: #124". Unless it's called something else. Can you help me out here?

srankmissingnin
There is no such issue. No "New X-Men: #124". Unless it's called something else. Can you help me out here?

New X-Men 124. Grant Morrison is the writer.

X-Men: Issues 1 to 113
New X-Men: Issues 114 to 156
X-Men: Issues 157 to Current

qqqqqqq

and capt it up, gladiator wasn't talking about wolverine when he stated that, he was talking of the x-men in general. and one of the guards wolverine killed was by surprise shot (moreover, it was only a duplicate), the other was just a useless guy made of biohelium. aww cmon wolvie has given the hulk a ride for its money he among the tougest guy in marvel plus if midnighter were to calculate his actions he will jus go besrserk and trash the hell out of midnighter

qqqqqqq
I'd put him at low-level superhuman strength. I can't recall him ever doing anything too outrageous with his strength. Maybe 5 tonner at best.
Spider-Man has been unable to KO Wolverine, even after downing him and going all out with all his speed and strength, so Venom should have a tough time of it.
When you say "classic" Iron Man do you mean the original Grey Armor? Because I'm pretty sure that version only increased Tony's strength 10 fold, which would only make the suit capable of 2 or 3 tons at best. And Wolverine's strength is probably pretty close to 2 tons himself.
Why would you even bother asking this question anyway? We all know Wolverine resists Ko from the strongest being on the planet. What more is there to say?

Midnighter should have a very difficult time KOing Wolverine. his skeletons are bonded by adamantium! so tat makes him more durable plus he has one of the fastest healing factors in marvel jus below the hulk

qqqqqqq
man do you get defensive about wolverine. calling the wolf a third-rate ripoff is the same fallacy as the currency thing...their only similarity is a healing factor. i only bring it up because there seems to be a question of whether midnighter could harm wolverine. considering that the beast had to be FATALLY wounded every couple of seconds just to keep him off his feet, i would say his healing factor is better than the vast majority of wolverine's appearances. the thing also appeared to have superhuman speed and strength, as well as some sharp claws of his own.

yeah yeah, wolverine has a massive fighting skills advantage (in regards to the wolf thing) as well as adamantium. but midnighter is rarely handed a defeatm and certainly not by street levelers.

most of these advantages are slight, but i feel like midnighter is consistantly portrayed as tougher. did u noe wolverine can go berserk anytime he wants? and if he were to his movement are unpredicatble i say one blow from him would be enuff

Sub_Mariner
Did you know that people can actually spell? big grin

qqqqqqq
Wolverine is constantly surrounded by gorgeous women in Skin-tight spandex but midnighter?

qqqqqqq
he is gay right?

Sub_Mariner
Wolverine is in Skin Tight Yellow Spandex.

He is gay right?

riceroost
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Wolverine is in Skin Tight Yellow Spandex.
He is gay right? Namor wears a little speedo.

He is gay right?

Rocky wore yellow trunks in his first fight with Apollo. Yellow = badass.

jinzin
Namor wears a little speedo.

He is gay right?

you never know namor MIGHT be.. I mean he's willingly fought a naked wolverine... TWICE....

who the hell is crazy enough to fight a naked man?!?!?

crazy? or gay like a fox.. shifty

qqqqqqq
are everybody getting bored of straight superheros?

geshien
midnighter is the better, faster, more efficient fighter. he's like a gay deathstroke/batman.

midnighter 7/10

Soljer
Originally posted by geshien
midnighter is the better, faster, more efficient fighter. he's like a gay deathstroke/batman.

midnighter 7/10

Except...he's better than both. erm.

geshien
acutually i put that down but decided meh, and backspaced. laughing

complexbrother
Wolverine has been put down be numerious non superhuman foes in hand to hand . the short list ...

Mr. X

Daredevil

Iron Fist

Shang Shi

Electra

Stick

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by complexbrother
Wolverine has been put down be numerious non superhuman foes in hand to hand . the short list ...

Mr. X

Daredevil

Iron Fist

Shang Shi

Electra

Stick

Thats a pretty bad list. The only person on that list that has actually beat Wolverine is Mr. X. Daredevil and Elektra managed to briefly incapacitated him in highly circumstantial situations. Shang Chi has never even landed a hit on Wolverine before. Iron Fist? He managed to through Wolverine out a window once but they have never even fought before. Stick has various superpowers and Wolverine still managed to fight him to a stand still and he admitted to holding back.

Even so convincing arguments have been made in favor of DD over Midnighter.

don't shiv
always thought logan's extra long claws are an accident waiting to grab centre stage. Midnighter is quick, cute and smooth enough to lead Logan into self decapitation with extreme ease

Daredevil1

Mr. X

Yes but he's a telepathing martial artist that even defeated Taskmaster. X was whupping guys armored to the teeth while on his cell phone. Logan had the advantage last.

Daredevil

Daredevil knows esteroic pressure-point fighting, plus Logan was not KO'ed but just gasping for air. He would have recovered. In that same issue Daredevil KO'ed Spiderman.

Iron Fist

Nope, Danny hits were not even hurting Logan.

Shang Shi

Nope Logan had the upperhand on Shang Chi who was at the disadvantage.

Electra

Wrong again Electra was mostly just dodging Logan. She did not put Logan down in the sense that he was KO'ed.

Stick

Wrong again.

juggernaut66666

Mr. X

Daredevil

Iron Fist

Shang Shi

Electra

Stick
You forgot Deer.

capt it up
why do I have a feeling this list will suck.

Mr. X.
is also the guy who speed blizt taskmaster. Also Logan has defeated Mr.X more times then the other way around

Daredevil.
really when was this? Last time I checked logan beat DD in 3 pannels using just hand 2 hand combat

Iron Fist.
IF has never defeated logan in combat how ever logan defeated a guy who had IF powers and who was better then IF and PWNed IF.

Shang Shi
Lieing is a bad idea. Logan PWN shang-chi in I hink it was 6 pannels.

Electra
When did she beat logan? Also she superhuman.

Stick
Another lie. Stick and wolverine stalemated, but logan was on the winning end.

Sub_Mariner
Namor wears a little speedo.

He is gay right?

Oh ye, loads in his Black Suit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

complexbrother
why do I have a feeling this list will suck.

is also the guy who speed blizt taskmaster. Also Logan has defeated Mr.X more times then the other way around
they have fought only once and Mr .X was toying with wolvie so he would reach a beserker rage, becausr Mr. X wanted a true fight with wolvie and he still beat him within an inch of his life. and at the end of the book Wolvie said that he was humiliated by X .

really when was this? Last time I checked logan beat DD in 3 pannels using just hand 2 hand combat
I remember them fighting during the Infinity war storyline, and DD won he kept hiting Logan in vital spots over ond over.

IF has never defeated logan in combat how ever logan defeated a guy who had IF powers and who was better then IF and PWNed IF.
during the Iron Fist/Wolverine crosover. in the first issue (it was a four issue series) they fought and (the new, younger) Iron Fist won.

Lieing is a bad idea. Logan PWN shang-chi in I hink it was 6 pannels.
Shang-Shi fought multiple X-Men at the same time, including Wolvie and won. (allthough it was crazy that they fought after Shang-Shi came to them for help

When did she beat logan? Also she superhuman.
She's not superhuman, and she beat Logan during the enimie mine storyline (during the time where he was going on a rampage in the sheild helecarrier)

Another lie. Stick and wolverine stalemated, but logan was on the
winning end.
absolute falshood. Stick beat Logan till he was almost unconsious, then helped him up and said "pup you still have a lot to learn" (this was right after he stopped being "death" for Apolypse.

get your facts right b4 accusing a TRUE comic fan of not knowing facts.

Soljer

eek!

Someone claims to know more about Wolverine's fights than Capt It Up?

srankmissingnin

You claim to be a true comic fan? I'm sorry but I'm about to embarrass you.

they have fought only once and Mr .X was toying with wolvie so he would reach a beserker rage, becausr Mr. X wanted a true fight with wolvie and he still beat him within an inch of his life. and at the end of the book Wolvie said that he was humiliated by X.

They fought more then once, read the Blood Sport arc champ. Wolverine beat X and had him dead to rights, his claws inches from his face, before Block saved X.

I remember them fighting during the Infinity war storyline, and DD won he kept hiting Logan in vital spots over ond over.

Daredevil and Wolverine never fought during the Infinity War story line.

During the Iron Fist/Wolverine crosover. in the first issue (it was a four issue series) they fought and (the new, younger) Iron Fist won.

... Wolverine fought some ninjas in the first issue of that LS, thats it. So not only did that younger, better, more powerful Iron Fist (who beat Danny down easily) not beat Wolverine in the first issue of the four part mini but Wolverine kicked his ass in issue four.

Shang-Shi fought multiple X-Men at the same time, including Wolvie and won. (allthough it was crazy that they fought after Shang-Shi came to them for help

... Wrong again. Shang Chi teamed up with the x-men for two issues. In the first issue he attacked Wolverine at the gates of the Mansion and he was owned effortlessly in three panels by Wolverine and was saved by the timely intervention of Storm. They didn't fight in the next issue.

She's not superhuman, and she beat Logan during the enimie mine storyline (during the time where he was going on a rampage in the sheild helecarrier)

Elektra was a gold metal Olympic gymnast when she was 14. Her stats are currently low level superhuman across the board, she is a telepath, has the ability to mind swap, and localized teleportation among other abilities. And you know what? She didn't beat Wolverine. She temporally incapacitated a severally wounded Wolverine, who was being kept alive my hightech SHIELD life support moments earlier, and was already in combat with a well timed sneak attack.

Wolverine and Stick have fought once. After Wolverine rejected the adamantium Genesis tried to place in his body. It was years before Wolverine was a horse man of Apocalypse. Wolverine was trying to rescue Stick from a fire, Stick attacked him a few times then Wolverine started to fight back and Stick was unable to hit him... no one was koed.

capt it up

capt it up
eek!

Someone claims to know more about Wolverine's fights than Capt It Up?

yup and he does not know shit. most all of what he said was false.

geshien
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine and Stick have fought once. After Wolverine rejected the adamantium Genesis tried to place in his body. It was years before Wolverine was a horse man of Apocalypse. Wolverine was trying to rescue Stick from a fire, Stick attacked him a few times then Wolverine started to fight back and Stick was unable to hit him... no one was koed.

actually not to be a prune or nothing, but stick did hit him, several times (infact the fight started with a smack to the back of the head). and wolvie hit him once with a palm strike to the chin while saying "without ignorance, there ain't no learin."

stick was trying to tell logan that being a man isn't what you've got but rather what you do with what you've got (in reference to logan losing his adamantium and being an "animal"wink

i wouldn't say it was much of a fight. stick was lecturing him the entire time while staying on an offensive. neither was really going at it.

Grimm22
Midnighter 9.5/10 wink

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by geshien
actually not to be a prune or nothing, but stick did hit him, several times (infact the fight started with a smack to the back of the head). and wolvie hit him once with a palm strike to the chin while saying "without ignorance, there ain't no learin."

stick was trying to tell logan that being a man isn't what you've got but rather what you do with what you've got (in reference to logan losing his adamantium and being an "animal"wink

i wouldn't say it was much of a fight. stick was lecturing him the entire time while staying on an offensive. neither was really going at it.

Yeah I wasn't very clear in my discribtion. At the start of the fight when Wolverien still though Stick was an old no body he was hit a bunch of times but then he figured out it was Stick and was very succesful in avoiding his attacks. But you're right it was a non fight.

Sub_Mariner
I actually do think Wolverine takes this 8/10. Due to Speed, HF and more. smile

endrict

intelligence: midnighter< read the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities Logan is better

tactics: midnighter < again read the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_%28comics%29#Powers_and_abilities

strength: midnighter < He is stronger than Logan? i think not..Logan puts up around 800-900 pounds so unless midnighter is a tonner at best they may be a tie, but i sill think midnighter is still low superhuman.

speed: midnighter < yes he is a little agile and quicker.

reflexes: midnighter < the only reason why he beats Logan is because of those implants.

capt it up
still waiting for complex brothers response

Grimm22
When I see Wolverine stomp a guy's face off I will say he takes a win laughing

batdude123
Midnighter 9.5/10 wink

How about no

Grimm22
How about no

Fine 10/10 no expression

Happy now? laughing

batdude123
Fine 10/10 no expression

Happy now? laughing

How about no

Tha C-Master
I give Wolverine the majority.

srankmissingnin
When I see Wolverine stomp a guy's face off I will say he takes a win laughing

Wildstorm is able to depict over the top gore and violence, Marvel isn't. It's also all over the top artistic interpretation and not an accurate account of a character's abilities; in one of the Kev issues a elephant was shot with a machine gun... half it's body exploded. confused

Grimm22
Wildstorm is able to depict over the top gore and violence, Marvel isn't. It's also all over the top artistic interpretation and not an accurate account of a character's abilities; in one of the Kev issues a elephant was shot with a machine gun... half it's body exploded. confused

no expression .....

Fine glare

Midnighter 6.5/10

juggernaut66666
bump

batdude123
I like Juggy's idea.

Beta Ray Howard
Now wait just a minute. When does Wolverine have even half as good of showing as Midnighter, much less the quickness?

Oh, that's right, he doesn't.

Midnighter is taking the majority.

capt it up
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Now wait just a minute. When does Wolverine have even half as good of showing as Midnighter, much less the quickness?

Oh, that's right, he doesn't.

Midnighter is taking the majority.

please tell me why midnighter wins with evidence.

you trying to say he a better dodger? More durable? More skilled? What I really like to know

Swanky-Tuna
I'd give a good percentage to Midnighter. It shouldn't be that hard to pull off some kind of crippling blow when you can decapitate people of varying durability counteractively with a ****ing pole. Unless a blow that puts him down but he can heal from isn't considered a win. In that case whoever can go pleasure themselves with their homemade claws.

carver9
wolverine wins.

carver9
He fought better and worse people.

Fanboy
http://72.36.190.122/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=107275&start=0

He is more bad ass then Wolverine and has can run over 1 million ways of kicking the crap out of him Midnighter takes this easily.

Fanboy
please tell me why midnighter wins with evidence.

you trying to say he a better dodger? More durable? More skilled? What I really like to know

I bet you can't openly admit that There is someone out there that is far better then Wolverine a better fighter better at Dodging and more experienced and you admit that there is someone in the comics that is far more better then Wolverine at these things you mentioned? better dodger? More durable? More skilled? One individual person and maybe I would side with Wolverine on this.

Fanboy

I say it is better then Wolverines Midnighter got his neck broken and drove away on a motorbike unharmed and Deathstroke is supposed to be having a good healing factor that can bring him back from Death.

srankmissingnin
Midnighter isn't strong enough to get a ko, fast enough to avoid Wolverine, durable enough to take his hits and he doesn't heal fast enough for his healing factor to be of any merit. How does Midnighter win? How does "running a million battle senerios" help him deduce a way to beat Wolverine? Midnighter loses, and he loses every time... like he should have lost to Grifter.

jinzin
How does "running a million battle senerios" help him deduce a way to beat Wolverine?

it doesn't but it certainly helps him to survive....

you know...

when he sees himself losing in every one of them and decides to run away.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by jinzin
it doesn't but it certainly helps him to survive....

you know...

when he sees himself losing in every one of them and decides to run away.
no expression

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Fanboy
I say it is better then Wolverines Midnighter got his neck broken and drove away on a motorbike unharmed and Deathstroke is supposed to be having a good healing factor that can bring him back from Death.

Well its nice to see that know absolutely nothing about Wolverine didn't stop you from posting in this thread. Most people refrain from make comments about things they know nothing about, but not you. It's refreshing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
no expression

it was just a joke.. confused

juggernaut66666
I know.

capt it up
I bet you can't openly admit that There is someone out there that is far better then Wolverine a better fighter better at Dodging and more experienced and you admit that there is someone in the comics that is far more better then Wolverine at these things you mentioned? better dodger? More durable? More skilled? One individual person and maybe I would side with Wolverine on this.

shows how ignorant one can be. how about you stop assuming garbage and actually try and debate.

jinzin
I know.

mad

srankmissingnin

Pretty accurate on all accounts though.

Doesn't matter how many battle simulation runs in his head when his only means of winning is whacking Wolverine with a baton (or even stabbing him anyone of the weapons he carries on his person). Seriously that will get him no where. It's only a matter of time before Wolverine hits Midnighter and once he does it will pretty much be over.

capt it up

wow do you even know a dam thing about logan?

Logan had oevr haft of his bones broken and heal in a pannel.

Logan had his heart blow up and was standing fine on the next page.

Logan was lit of fire and was still fighting hell he even asked for more.

yup maybe you should read some wolverine comic before talking out your behind?

juggernaut66666
Anyway Midnighter wins just because he doesn't get beaten up by deers.
stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
stick out tongue

But he loses to gay peak human robots with Martial arts training...

capt it up
stick out tongue
logan was fine he was pretending to be KO to test his trainy why does not one realize that. maybe becuase they never read it

juggernaut66666
But he loses to gay peak human robots with Martial arts training...
Robot>>>>>deer's right leg. stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
Else the Elks I know would pawn all the robots I know wink

Fanboy
wow do you even know a dam thing about logan?

Logan had oevr haft of his bones broken and heal in a pannel.

Logan had his heart blow up and was standing fine on the next page.

Logan was lit of fire and was still fighting hell he even asked for more.

yup maybe you should read some wolverine comic before talking out your behind?

But did he die and come back?

Fanboy
shows how ignorant one can be. how about you stop assuming garbage and actually try and debate.

Or you could accept my challenge with out secretly crying that there are Streetlevel characters faster stronger better fighter. Or are you scared of saying wolverine isn't the best?

capt it up
But did he die and come back?
what does that have to do with any thing

he freaken immortal

and no he did not die from those injuries

Soljer
what does that have to do with any thing

he freaken immortal

and no he did not die from those injuries

Gahh! He's not immortal! I'm tired of correctly people, god damnit.

Wolverine.

Is.

Not.

Immortal.

Immortality includes the quality of being UNABLE to die. Logan is QUITE able to die - he's done it hundreds of times in the past.

Having ressurection capabilities does not make you immortal. There is a difference.

srankmissingnin
Death is permanent stop of all vital organs, if it isn't permanent, it isn't death and if you can't die then you are immortal.

Soljer
Death is permanent stop of all vital organs, if it isn't permanent, it isn't death and if you can't die then you are immortal.

No it isn't.

Hence how someone can have died on the operating table and be resuscitated.

capt it up
Gahh! He's not immortal! I'm tired of correctly people, god damnit.

Wolverine.

Is.

Not.

Immortal.

Immortality includes the quality of being UNABLE to die. Logan is QUITE able to die - he's done it hundreds of times in the past.

Having ressurection capabilities does not make you immortal. There is a difference.
fI ment he won't stay dead. yes I know true immortals don't die however logan is partly immportal sicne he won't remain dead.

srankmissingnin
No it isn't.

Hence how someone can have died on the operating table and be resuscitated.

That's just something people say to dramatise the situation. You can't sort'a die, and you can't come back from death.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>